• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Karu and BBQTV'S Final Round Arcade.

BBQTV

Smash Master
yes we had lots of fun and great matchs even though we couldn't hold the tournament

Xavii you should read the first post and the thread title

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I won't be going next Weekend. The only reason why I went to these two Smashfests was cuz I won a Tennis Tourney. Normally, my parents are Nazi's about Brawl Tourneys. The next time I'll bring it up I guess is Progress Reports/Report Cards/Next time I do well at a Tennis Tourney.

BBQTV

Smash Master
I won't be going next Weekend. The only reason why I went to these two Smashfests was cuz I won a Tennis Tourney. Normally, my parents are Nazi's about Brawl Tourneys. The next time I'll bring it up I guess is Progress Reports/Report Cards/Next time I do well at a Tennis Tourney.
but the workers will rise! we will not compromise! for we know that the old regime must die!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWTFG3J1CP8

srk99

Smash Cadet
Yes that matches were fun, I'm just upset that there was no tourny :(. The word on this place needs to be pushed out, cause besides ZP this place is the only place the holds weeklys.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I think I can make it 9/11 (though it's a funny day for a tournament, if you know what I mean). I'll negotiate. BBQTV, if I go, I can has my $2? Also, I think you guys WILL attract more of a crowd if the tourney had pools, cuz people like pools.

Pools- Pools brackets are basically, let's say:

x Tournament has 20 people. You have four brackets of 5 people that all play eachother, recording the results 2-1, 2-0 or w/e. The highest top placing 3/2/1 people (Up to the TO, the Tio software automatically makes pools rankings when it's done) go into a double elimination bracket. Those who didn't make it out are eliminated.

I think it's fair. if someone isn't that experienced and still want the tourney setting of playing people seriously to improve, they can do pools, so that way they can play more matches before they are eliminated, instead of like playing two matches.

Seibrik's MLGP got a **** load of people partly because it had Pools.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i just noticed the significance of the date

so with pools the one with the most wins gets in the actual tournament? that may be a good idea with a lot of people

BBQTV

Smash Master
for pools you would need to have an even number of players

or can you have an odd number of players

and you would kinda have to start early

BBQTV

Smash Master
im not gonna lie

pools are looking pretty sexy

i think a change to the way tournaments are run here is in order

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
DO EET. PEWLS. So how will it be? Top 3/2 from each pool, if implemented, into Double Elimination Bracket?

srk99

Smash Cadet
Pool do look pretty sexy. That sounds awesome. So what date is the next tourny, cause depending on what time it starts on 9/11 idk if I can make it :/.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i still havent put what time this actually begins on 9/11

im thinking maybe at 3:00 or 4:00 what do you guys think?

oh and if your going post that your going

if you have a question look at the first post or if something is not clear tell me

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I won't be going to another tourney 'till October. My Parents were only letting me go last Friday cuz the Friday before then didn't have as many people. So if you guys can, try to organize something big for October.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i remember karu saying that he holds big street fighter tournaments in october

and brawl will be there as well

also we could use some wiis

and im sorry to hear that OTW

BBQTV

Smash Master
im sorry my internet has gone awoll but no im back!

so post if your coming!

BBQTV

Smash Master
right now the only person i know coming for sure is Xavii

so if your coming post!

BBQTV

Smash Master
i think this will start at 3:00 and sign-ups are at 2:00

BBQTV

Smash Master
i wont be able to popst till tomorrow

see ya!