• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Social Thread

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You should possibly tech chase instead of throwing MK off stage, because you can rack up some pretty good damage quick from it, & edge guarding MK can be a pain at times. T_T Also you could always post that in the Snake video critique thread. =D

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
I could, but 2 things.

1.) Nobody ever watches them, and if they do they say nothing about it

2.) More often than not they just tell me how much I suck instead of giving me advice.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I usually get good advice there. o-o & By tell you how much you suck do you mean say what your doing wrong? Because that's still good too.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Its probably because of the characters you play against in a lot of your videos (Ganondorf and Samus were two that I noticed).

:172:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yeah. Show them the match you've had with Zozefup. I'm sure you'll be able to get actual critique since its metaknight, a character that a lot of people know how to play against.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'm sure your problem right now is probably match up experience, since it seems you don't get to play that many high tier characters at all. Try playing some wifi. It may be bad, but the matchup experience you can get there is endless.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
If you need someone to play against, then message me. I play a lot of characters at a somewhat decent level, and I can help you with matchups I'm sure. I can usually play on weekends if you're interested.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
If you're worried about the cg you can blow yourself up past 45%(I think that's it) & then just play normallly. I just camp on the platform until I reach that percent, & hope to hurt them in the process lol. Also don't DI if you don't have to or else thunder will kill you. That's kind of all I can say off of the top of my head.

Roller

Smash Legend
You guys shouldn't be worrying that much about the cg. It's not as integral to pikas gameplan as it is vs spacies and sheik and whatnot. Just use a lot of grenades, have one in hand/next to you as often as possible. Also, you can buffer grenades in the middle of pikas throws. The mu is about even.

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I don't know I personally like Brinstar outside of the MK, Marth, & Yoshi mus. I think bad stages are mu dependant.

Also Q_Q Why so far away? I want to go to one fo these Ky smashfest.

Aslo yeah Oreo's right so pretty much be weary of any move of Pika's that sends you up.

Roller

Smash Legend
Okay. Got all that down. Now other than brinstar and rainbow cruise, what stages would be against my favor?
Rainbow and FD are pika's best stages. However Brinstar is his worst. I'd suggest striking FD right off the bat for game 1. Try to go to YI or Lylat. if not, SV and BF are both fine.

If picto is legal, that is very good for pika. So is PS2. I would also not CP to PS1. You ideally want Halberd. Most pikas will ban brinstar in virtually every matchup. Snake being one in particular they will probably ban it on.

So I would advise CPing to Halberd (low ceiling+Utilt+pika's weight=awesome) or Brinstar. Brin only if you KNOW they have no decent pocket MK. Otherwise.. YI and Lylat are pretty good for you. I personally hate playing vs snake on YI (as pika) and Pikapika (a top pika) pretty much always bans lylat. There's a reason.

EDIT: DAMN. That is awful man. I don't even know what to say.. :( My sincere condolences

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Y'know I was gonna go to IN today..but not for a good reason. Sorry guys but I may be on a smash hiatus for a while, since my girlfriend just passed away.
Oh... oh my. I'm really sorry about you and her family's loss. You don't have to apologize for going on a hiatus because of something as serious as that. I definitely understand why you would have to.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Nope. She decided to go car surfing and she fell off and cracked her head. They had her on life support for about 18 hours and then they unplugged it. But I feel much better now, she wouldn't want me to just mope about it. Anyways, I picked up Bowser as my main on Melee.

Top Bottom