• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Social Thread

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Yes, I did see him play you, Ralph Cecil. Man, he was so close to beating you. When this kid starts going to tournaments, you'd better watch out. I swear, after a couple of tourneys, he's gonna come out of nowhere and wreck everyone's ****. SolarSkurge is too good.
T_T I had just woken up before that yo.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
^Then you should have been well rested! Heh.

Anyways, welcome to the Kentucky community. I'm basically the most important person here, because my name is red, and I collect dice.

Being in Paducah must suck lol. At least you have one person near you, that Sol Baddude to play with. If Louisville still existed you'd be fine but they don't :r. Have you checked if anywhere in Indiana is closer? Your best bet is either there or somewhere here in Lexington. We hold a lot of smashfests in Lexington, it'd be cool if we did tourneys. Maybe somebody (not me [okay maybe me and ttar]) will do something, and that's a bit closer.

Also watched your video, and I have to say your Snake is actually a lot better than expected. It kind of reminds me of my own red stupid Snake. I think that if you sat down and stopped trying to be super awesome about everything you do and always setting stuff up, and just slowed down your play and watched your opponent, you'd be good at shutting people out. I'm not saying entirely ditch the explosive play, but you can't give people that many opportunities to get in, and you're not exploiting Snake's tilts as well as you could.

Also try really hard to not roll just on reaction. There are times to roll with Snake, but other than specific situations it's a bad idea. That's my advice for you.

We're all kind of playing around with Melee now. Most of Lexington would play you if you asked, but we're not really that impressive. I play Falcon and Mewtwo :x.

Also follow everything I say because I'm probably the best at everything. Judo's pretty good (Judo namesearch go) too.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Also follow everything I say because I'm probably the best at everything. Judo's pretty good (Judo namesearch go) too.
I'll take your word for it..Lol I ask Calzorz and False for advice too. And I play Falco and Marth on melee. I'll try my best to get around KY as soon as I can but for now I'm stuck.

Edit: Also Sol Badguy's my uncle. I'm the best player in Paducah, so we don't have much..

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Your scene is pretty dead, Solar, but not as dead as you think. Zozefup goes to Murray State during the school year, Thinkaman lives in Paducah but I believe is attending Murray State this year, and I live in Marion, IL which is like an hour away. Pm me with your # or facebook and we'll try and get some games in sometime. If you host tournies, I'll do my best to support/advertise/attend etc.

P.S. I love your playstyle. It's so different than what I'm used to playing, which is really patient and boring here.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I met zozefup just the other day on youtube. He's actually coming over to my house tomorrow!

And My name is Tristan McDonald, incase anyone does wanna add me on FB. Also, just think of me as KY's version of WAR.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Really? I never thought my name was that common. Just go here. And yeah lol my pic looks bad.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/Solarzzz
... Seriously? Despite being two years younger than me, you still look older than me T.T;
Something tells me that I'm still going to be considered the "kid" of the KY community even if you are able to come to a few tournies over here <___<; Ahh well (there goes any chance of me being even a little bit respected before the community dies).

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
It feels weird, because there's only one half black kid that plays brawl around Paducah, and that's me. Another crew member, Bean, is 1/4 mexican but everybody else is just white. So does anybody else watch, live, and breathe anime? Oh yeah, also :023:

Edit: If anyone ever comes to my house just ignore the bikini anime dolls. Just saying.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Lol, just like Joey. Man, I envy you guys so much. Being 5'4" and a sixteen-year-old male that looks twelve... isn't really all that great <___<;
Neither is being a 16 year old 6'2" giant with a beard, especially when random people ask you for things you shouldn't have at your age or ask you to do things that you aren't able to do due to age.

:172:

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Neither is being a 16 year old 6'2" giant with a beard, especially when random people ask you for things you shouldn't have at your age or ask you to do things that you aren't able to do due to age.

:172:
And I'm a 14 year old 6'4" giant with a beard and mustache! So am I just like an ape or what?

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Guys, trust me. Looking older right now is definitely better than looking younger. At least people respect you and stuff. It's actually been proven through studies that short people are payed less than people of average height or taller. I think there was some kind of equation that stated that for every inch shorter you are than the average height, you lose on average $800 dollars a year <____<; Also, I have to shave now as well, but I still look twelve. Also, being questioned over whether you're old enough to do certain things is a bit more insulting in my opinion. Honestly, I could launch into a five hundred+ word rant about why being short and looking like a freaking preteen at my age is pretty Godawful. Like, you guys don't even know :/

On a lighter note, Joey and I really like anime and manga (Japan in general really) as well.

Err... looking back on that post, I sounded a little harsh. I apologize for that. I just kind of got angry and didn't really think before I posted (which is kind of rare for me :/).

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
DOUBLE POST D: Anywayyyys. I came up with a project, since I'm gonna be taking Media in a couple months anyway. Soooo if you guys can... PLAY AS :falcon: AND SEND ME THE COMBOZZ

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I think the stuff I know about him could drop him a couple spots.

....:c

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
ANYWAY. Just get a few good ones if anyone can. This is only gonna be like 4 minutes long. I know he's low tier. by all means I will never use him as a main. Only :snake: for me.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Lucas is BLECH. But his psi shield bouncy thing is so fun to play with!

EDIT: also Xero, I have something for you to try. Run off the ledge when you play as mario, and then cape toward the stage as soon as your feet leave the stage. It's a great edge grab

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Lucas is BLECH. But his psi shield bouncy thing is so fun to play with!

EDIT: also Xero, I have something for you to try. Run off the ledge when you play as mario, and then cape toward the stage as soon as your feet leave the stage. It's a great edge grab
Are we talking about Melee? Because it's completely pointless in Brawl because you can just hug the edge.

Or you could run off the edge and just cape and fly off, way more flashy.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
No I'm talking brawl. Sure you can hug the ledge, but with the cape thing you put out enough frames for the move to take effect. Sorta like how you can cape the other way when you're on the ledge and it just snaps you back on there. I recently picked up Mario for kicks and his cape techs are really nice.

Top Bottom