• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kentucky Social Thread

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
Not sure how far Owingsville is from Paducah, but there's a monthly held there if you want to check that out. It's called Brawl In The Hall.

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
I feel as though I'm stuck in tourney Limbo. I wanna branch out and play against better players, because I'm the best I know unfortunately. I'd love to go to a tourney and just get demolished, because I'll gain experience!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
You could try wifi, it's a bit different then in person, but it's still a decent way to play against good payers, & there's tournaments online as well.

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Oh, SolarSkurge! I saw some of your videos on youtube of you and your friends. You guys should definitely come to tournaments when you get the chance. I'd really like to be able to meet you guys (and by meet, I mean stare at awkwardly from a distance seeing as how I'm painfully shy in real life). I do understand the whole being young with parents that aren't too willing to drive to tourneys. I've been there myself (I entered the community when I was thirteen actually). Also, this is a bit rude, but yay! There's someone who may become a part of the community that's younger than I am ^_^ In all seriousness, best of luck to you and your friends being able to come to future Kentucky smash tourneys over here!

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Oh, SolarSkurge! I saw some of your videos on youtube of you and your friends. You guys should definitely come to tournaments when you get the chance. I'd really like to be able to meet you guys (and by meet, I mean stare at awkwardly from a distance seeing as how I'm painfully shy in real life). I do understand the whole being young with parents that aren't too willing to drive to tourneys. I've been there myself (I entered the community when I was thirteen actually). Also, this is a bit rude, but yay! There's someone who may become a part of the community that's younger than I am ^_^ In all seriousness, best of luck to you and your friends being able to come to future Kentucky smash tourneys over here!
Haha, thanks dude! I'm gonna start hosting smash tourneys here in Western KY soon to get more people into my crew. And I'll def start going to any tourneys I can!

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
lol :awesome:

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I did see him play you, Ralph Cecil. Man, he was so close to beating you. When this kid starts going to tournaments, you'd better watch out. I swear, after a couple of tourneys, he's gonna come out of nowhere and wreck everyone's ****. SolarSkurge is too good.
How flattering O_O.Lol, that was on Wi-fail, and I had just quit playing brawl minus. COMIN FOR U RALPH CECIL. JK, BUT MY GOD, closest tournament for me is 304 miles away. :(

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Oh, wow, I just realized how far away you are from us ( I... I'm terrible at Geography admittedly. I thought Indiana was to the east of Kentucky for the longest time <.<; )

Although, hopefully you could make it to one tourney. Lexington is closer, so if we can manage to get a good venue and set up a large tournament, you should try your best to come.

Also, if you ever want, I do play Wi-Fi occasionally, so if you ever want to play, PM me or something. I'll try my best to help you get better so that your first tournament appearance over here will be rather... rewarding ;)

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
I much appreciate that. But Wi-fi is just awful for me. Screws me over. Say, can we post links to vids on this thread since it IS related to KY smash? Just a random match of mine here and there.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I wanna start hostin weekly fests at Kel and I's place yo.

We have only one rule, and that is to be nice to the baby chinchilla. lmao

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Yes.

This is a kentucky social thread so you can post anything about your smash career here.

@Kassandra: Can I call it Minccino? :O

:172:

ZERO...

Smash Apprentice
Anyways, here's a random match I did a couple weeks ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCM_Ibqjubs&feature=relmfu
Okay... well, I have some general advice.

First, at the start, you were way too predictable. You mixed it up a bit later in the match, but remember to always mix it up occasionally. Also, you were in the air way too much. Snake's ground game is incredible and should be utilized to its fullest extent. In addition, don't get so close to the opponent as Snake. C4 sticking is pretty cool and all, but you're likely to get punished rather quickly if you attempt to jump around. Always make sure that you're properly spacing as well. Snake's Ftilt is... to say the least, ridiculous. Its range is incredible. It's fast and does 21%. Use it more often. Also, DACUS. I saw you do it once, but you should use it more. Don't get too predictable with it, though. It's definitely good for putting Snake in an advantageous situation. Also, when you're at around 110%, don't use the C4. Save it so that you can recover if you're grabbed out of Cypher. Lastly, Utilt kills really well. In addition, like Ftilt, its range is stupidly large, and it also comes out farily fast. That's all I really know about Snake, to be honest. In general, you seemed to play fairly well, but try to get away from the opponent a little more often rather than approach constantly.

Also, you play way too many characters. Try to focus on just one or two (preferably your best) right now. I had a similar problem when I was starting out. I used about eight characters "seriously." I just use three now, though.

Sorry if the criticism sounded a bit too harsh. You could also ask Judo for advice as well. He seconds Snake and is really good with him. His advice would be much better than mine is.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Drop all of your characters except your best or favorite two, depending on if you want to be good or if you want to have more fun. Thats the first step to getting better in my opinion.

:172:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
:D You have a chinchilla??? ME TOO!!!! Anyways, here's a random match I did a couple weeks ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCM_Ibqjubs&feature=relmfu
If it's a boy, you can bring him over and the chincilla's can play! and we can all smash. Haha. How does monday or tuesday sound for everyone?

I wanna maybe host a fest on that day or friday. ^_^

Edit: you can call him that joey, i call my chinchilla: pichu, stinky, booger, trouble, pikachu, fatty, booger butt, poopieface, so its all good

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
if it's a boy, you can bring him over and the chincilla's can play! And we can all smash. Haha. How does monday or tuesday sound for everyone?

I wanna maybe host a fest on that day or friday. ^_^

edit: You can call him that joey, i call my chinchilla: Pichu, stinky, booger, trouble, pikachu, fatty, booger butt, poopieface, so its all good
i'm so far away D:

SolarSkurge

Smash Journeyman
No worries, I'll figure it out. By the way my chinchilla's name is Jarvis. Or fatty, or lardo. I called him metaknight on accident once, NO KIDDING.

Edit: Do any of you guys play melee as well? :3

Top Bottom