• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Komodo Brawl Tournament Jan 16th Abbotsford B.C.

LFL

Smash Journeyman
This will be the 2nd brawl tournament hosted at Komodo PC.

When: JAN 16TH (NOT THE 17TH)

Location: 201-2955 Immel Street, Abbotsford, BC V2S 7E6 (604) 854-8011

Time Line: 11am - 12pm - Registration and friendlies
12pm - 3pm - Brawl 2v2 Tournament
3:30 pm - Whenever - Brawl 1v1 Tournament

1v1 Fee - $10
2v2 Fee - $5 per person

Division of the Pot:
Tournaments with 2-4 contestants: (max 4-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 100%

Tournaments with 5-16 contestants: (max 16-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 70%
* 2nd Place - 30%

Tournaments with 17-32 contestants: (max 32-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 60%
* 2nd Place - 30%
* 3rd Place - 10%

Tournaments with 33-64 contestants: (max 64-man bracket)
* 1st Place - 50%
* 2nd Place - 25%
* 3rd Place - 15%
* 4th Place - 10%

Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481
Also if a player grabs the ledge more than 50 times during 1 match he will lose that match

Map Pool:

Neutrals: FD, SV, BF, Yoshi's Island, and Pokemon Stadium

Counter Picks: Lylat, Brinstar, Jungle Japes, Rainbow Cruise, Delfino, Frigate, Halberd, Castle Siege, and Pictochat

Hope to see you guys there!

Confirmed Competitors:

LFL
Breez
Iconic
Marklar
Firefly
Josh
Bundtcake
Asa
Ikool
FAHKMAN
Liberate
Dead
Ced
Corbin
Asa's Falco friend
Blunted_object10
H8 Making Names
Blue Yoshi
Vincent
Zombathy

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Well we have the infinite replay hack on most of the Wiis, so most (if not all) of the matches should be recorded, and if you suspect someone of ledgehopping too many times then you can just watch it back and check :o

LFL

Smash Journeyman
Anyone want to team?

Confirm FAHKMAN! (My name) for singles.

How exactly do you plan on enforcing this ledge rule without judges?
I'm glad you can make it. For the ledge hog rule, after the match you can look at the stats of each player and it says how many times they grabbed the ledge

bundtcake

Smash Ace
Absolutely!

Although I do believe us partnering and taking everyones buyins might equate to organized crime.

Awesome - who is this again?
Pretty sure RoboGeisha raeped last time, and we'll do it again ;)

Also, he's the guy from OK that came to Overture :O

Ic0nic

Smash Apprentice
I will be attending!

Also putting on a mini tournament: 2$ per person, Random character only, random map only, banned stages only. Should be really fun :D

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Pretty sure RoboGeisha raeped last time, and we'll do it again ;)

Also, he's the guy from OK that came to Overture :O
You didn't have to face the collective wrath of Ike and Metaknight before. TEAM DISJOINED IMBALANCE

I will be attending!

Also putting on a mini tournament: 2$ per person, Random character only, random map only, banned stages only. Should be really fun :D
I am SO in on this, you don't even know. I will own Norfair. =3

:005:

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I will, WILL! Force myself to come to this tourney!!! I'll play both singles and doubles... >:D

Representing Diddy Kawng up at KOMODOOOO!!!

LFL

Smash Journeyman
I will, WILL! Force myself to come to this tourney!!! I'll play both singles and doubles... >:D

Representing Diddy Kawng up at KOMODOOOO!!!
I will kidnap you if necessary

ikool

Smash Apprentice
I will, WILL! Force you to come to this tourney!!! You'll play both singles and doubles... >:D

Representing SFU up at KOMODOOOO!!!

Hey Jake, are you teaming up with Breez for this doubles event? If not, I'm down for partners!

Representing NANERS up at KOMODOOOO!!!

Also, just wondering... Will there be video recording setups and/or commentating for this tourney?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Hey Jake, are you teaming up with Breez for this doubles event? If not, I'm down for partners!

Representing NANERS up at KOMODOOOO!!!

Also, just wondering... Will there be video recording setups and/or commentating for this tourney?
Yes, me and Breez are gonna win doubles this time around. Maybe if you had come to these things earlier, we could've worked out our team. D=<

I think I can safely say there will be recording. Don't you worry. =D

ikool

Smash Apprentice
Yes, me and Breez are gonna win doubles this time around. Maybe if you had come to these things earlier, we could've worked out our team. D=<

I think I can safely say there will be recording. Don't you worry. =D

Alright, recording ftw!

As for doubles, I am minus a partner. IF ANYONE NEEDS A PARTNER FOR DOUBLES, JUST PM ME PLZ!

This should be an awesome doubles bracket... >:D

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Stupid question, but how far would Abbotsford be from Edmonton, if its not a terrible drive Id be game for going with a friend. Can anyone say ROADTRIP. Plus incase you cant make the Xmas special Fire (which it seems you will come =3), you and I can Brawl, or Brawl again cuz Im sure Ill like you

breez

Smash Ace
I've made it in 10 hours before. The drive is absolutely AMAZING in nice weather, and is hell in poor weather.

We have drove 7 hours to Portland and it felt like nothing. Come out!

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
While it'd be great to get more people to this, this is just one of the upcoming brawl monthlies in BC. We're planning to have a regional sized tournament for March 13th that I've been terrible for procrastinating finishing the tournament page. I'll be getting that posted up right away.

We're hoping getting other people from AB, people from the three major regions in BC (Island, Lower mainland, and Okanagan) as well as MAYBE Washington if I can get some help generating hype and possibly getting them to get on getting passports.

Though, if you can make it to both, please do!

ikool

Smash Apprentice
How many people do we have for this now? I hope this will have a good outcome, It's gonna be my first tournament!

How many people normally come for a good tournament?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Stupid question, but how far would Abbotsford be from Edmonton, if its not a terrible drive Id be game for going with a friend. Can anyone say ROADTRIP. Plus incase you cant make the Xmas special Fire (which it seems you will come =3), you and I can Brawl, or Brawl again cuz Im sure Ill like you
That is a really long drive for a monthly, but you should definitely come to the one in March. I'd love to see some AB players come out for that. =D Of course, the more the merrier, even if it is just a monthly. And you're up there on the (long) list of people I need to play at the Xmas special. I need to see this 5th place Ike I've heard so much about. =3

How many people do we have for this now? I hope this will have a good outcome, It's gonna be my first tournament!

How many people normally come for a good tournament?
It's only around 10 people in the Vancouver area at the moment, but once you + people from the Okanagan start coming out, that number could potentially double. ^.^

ikool

Smash Apprentice
It's only around 10 people in the Vancouver area at the moment, but once you + people from the Okanagan start coming out, that number could potentially double. ^.^

Wow, really? We had twice as many people come to the SFU smashfest for melee stats! XD

I also noted Norfair on the CP list. I can already feel the upcoming egg **** from Yoshi... :(

ikool

Smash Apprentice
What? Norfair? WHERE?!?!

No, it's not there. Dammit, way to get me all excited over nothing. D=

WHOA, MY BRAIN IS PLAYIN TRIX ON MEH! I SWEAR I SAW NORFAIR ON THERE!!!

Either that, or all that studying for finals is getting to my head...

Top Bottom