• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kown's Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
haha nasty, are they kept in anything like an oven or anything or do they just sit on the counter and get microwaved real quick?? ill have to remember never to eat hot n ready if i do eat there
Ya from what I know ( I dont work at one of the hot n ready ones) they do just keep them on a hot pad and reheat

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
That sucks Im at school but I have joke classes this year so Im on alot (I can only get on smash boards at school)

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Haha I'm online at school right now too.

teh-pwns-the: Lol they dont have clay courts in america. Well some clubs do, but only like really rich ones. Clay courts are fun to play on lol, i like sliding like six to ten feet, but i hardly am any good on them. Clay really kills my serve beacuse I hit flat w/ a lot of power. I have a decent topspin serve, but it doesnt kick enough to try to use it for anything other than my 2nd serve.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
ha yeah same with my topspin serve... im happy membership at the club with courts comes with lessons, so i can go lay whenever... clay makes spin count for so much more, haha i can actually get dropshots to bounce back into the net after going over haha. in america its mostly hard courts right? never could get used to those, diving for a ball ends up murdering your elbows/knees haha clay they jsut get scratched a little.... have you ever played on grass? i want to sooo bad haha

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Haha yeah america is hardcourt. And unfourtunately I've gotten pretty badly scraped while going after the ball (I'm pretty determined to get to every ball lol). One time, during tiebreaker of the 3rd set, I scraped my knee and it was bleeding down my leg, but since there was like 6 points left I decided to play on it and won XD

Grass sounds so fun to play on, but those are so high maintenance that i dont think i'll ever pass by one. Not even the millionaire club (seattle tennis club) has grass.

Anyone else have some crazy tennis (or just general) stories. I've got tons lol

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
man there was this one point and i was like 5 feet behind the baseline cause i had just chased down a lob, and the guy smashes it and i see taht its going out so i try to get out of the way by jumping and trying to make myself horizontal, except he pegs the tip of my foot and gets the point haha... still beat the guy pretty bad, he only got 2 games the whole match haha

kown

Smash Lord
sigh this is my thread and i kno nothing big about tennis. haha but im glad this thread is good to keep us together lol. also im jsut a casual palyer who knows how to swing a racket. oh i played mario tennis! haha

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
thanks, They have it blocked at my school but it might work on yours also if they block somthing everyone uses like google (they did at my school) if its in your favs list it should go throught the block.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
sigh this is my thread and i kno nothing big about tennis. haha but im glad this thread is good to keep us together lol. also im jsut a casual palyer who knows how to swing a racket. oh i played mario tennis! haha
XD I've hit ppl between the legs w/ my serve before. I feel bad especially since i can serve 104mph. Regardless every match i've done that my opponent plays worse for some reason lol.

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
um i played tenis is gym once lol. i was amazing not i was decent for never picking up a tenis racket before.

teh_pwns_the

Smash Journeyman
hehe cool beans, do you play ping pong though, cause ive noticed people who are pretty good at ping pong and switch to tennis strat out alot better then people who dont play ping pong

kupo15

Smash Hero
Cool, glad to hear it. Just wondering, any crowd or player feedback? lol. How did you do in the tourney?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Not sure yet I got knocked into losers by 1st then 3rd or 4th kicked me out out I think like 13th out of ? I was told I'll get it into the turny thing when I know for sure.

Reaction: After my friends told said they were thinking "what is he doing using his upB that close" but then after I did it and hit the guy, 10 secs after they were like "that was a wing dash!". Also I can't wing dash when I practice yet I can in game when I don't try to hard or think.

Then lost the pepper crew match (our first guy didn't take a stock) its the vid Im going to have up soon

kupo15

Smash Hero
Awesome, I can't wait to see the video. Its funny how you nor I can't do wingdashing well in practice, but can do it in a match relatively easier. I wonder if this is the same for others...

And based on the reaction, I see that wingdashing isn't well known except among us. I thought it would be a bit more popular than that but hey, it gives us an advantage I guess. :laugh:

Ok so they post the final results up later? That makes sense, so I will know how I placed in my tourney yesterday, not so well so I probably not post in the tourney thread. :urg:

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
No they knew about wingdashing but never have seen it in real combat aside from your vids I have shown them. And it is very quick and can be hard to catch some times.

kown

Smash Lord
ah this is off topic but do any of your parents get mad at you for playing too much?
lol i need some good arguments on y i should be playing haha

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Lol not mine but she makes jokes about it and I tell her she's crazy (but I'm 18) sorry Just tell yours that you are still getting home work done and what not. ( make sure you do)

kupo15

Smash Hero
lol, well Idk how old you are, but if you get really good, tell them the reward. Say that you have an opportunity to make $200 in 4 hours so that is $50/hr about. Say that it is good way to connect with others while making money. Tell them the rewards and I think it will help. But they might say that school is more important which I agree.
So maybe you can work something out with them like, you will do your homework as soon as you get home from school so that you have the rest of the day off to get better at smash and possibly make some money.

Also, smash tourney are performances. So if there is something you do that requires ease under pressure, this will help with that.

But I say the thing that will impress them the most, is that you are the one to say that school is more important and that it comes first, then smash with the rewards.
Hope this helps!

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
hehe cool beans, do you play ping pong though, cause ive noticed people who are pretty good at ping pong and switch to tennis strat out alot better then people who dont play ping pong
no i dont play ping pong lol yeh my parents doont like smash but w/e they deal with it i usually play less then 2 hours a day now. i played like 5 hours a day for the first 2 weeks i had it lol tounrey thing wouldnt fly tho cause my mom hates driving me places and if she found out she was driving me to place video games she prolly blow up.

kupo15

Smash Hero
XD I've hit ppl between the legs w/ my serve before. I feel bad especially since i can serve 104mph. Regardless every match i've done that my opponent plays worse for some reason lol.
Video or it didn't happen! lol Thats pretty cool. I can't serve that fast but I can put it in the box where I want it. XD

I play hardcore ping pong, its crazy. I love ping pong, tennis, pool, golf...

kotahlicious

Smash Journeyman
u in college?
if not, ask parents 4 money
if u are, ask friend for money (solves money prob)
and ask someone who is going to tourney for a ride or take a bus
edit: srry kown i missed yur its not to bid i dont think smallish
lol im 13 yeh friend might work there are like no buses in my city. and not many of my firends are smashers

kupo15

Smash Hero
Being honest maybe your just.....um....how do I put it........screwed for the time being? lol sorry just hope one is walkable :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom