• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 6 - The Finale - RESULTS!!

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
9: Deltacod - Good stuff, told you you weren't gonna place like, 13th or something again :awesome:
13: Malcolm - ggs, thanks for the help. You're mad fun to hang with, hopefully we can get some friendlies in sometime
17: Will - Good seeing you again, I gotta try to get to a tourney near LI sometime :D
25: Xzax - Was watching you vs fatal, you still did great imo. Looking forward to those philly monthlies
33: Seagull Man - Thanks for pointing out ganonballer for me lol. Nice seeing you again, I still wanna play your wolf though lol
49: Luckay4Life - Nice seeing you again
49: Jbandrew - Nice meeting you, I should have asked you for more help lol
49: D1 - ggs, I shouldn't have went falco :/
97: Ultranova - Friendlies were fun, I see you going somewhere with that pikachu
97: Ganonballer - Was awesome seeing you again. Make sure you go to apex :D
97: Tiger - Nice seeing you again, and for helping joe point out ganonballer for me and sama
97: Sphere - ggs, I still feel kinda bad that your controlller was giving you problems (i.e. tornado fails) :[
97: LuigiSama - ayo this guy. Good seeing you again, that luigi talk w/me and ganonballer was fun
97: Rapter - Stop trying to throw my drilbur plushie lol xD
97: Rapture - Nice meeting you. It sucks that it was near impossible to get friendlies in at all, maybe next time. And good stuff with commentary.

Shoutouts to VGBC for doing tons of work, gonna go and watch most of the stream footage today since I was too busy getting ***** in bracket lol

Shoutouts to everyone helping out with the tourney (keitaro, dmbrandon, etc.), I had a lot of fun

Shoutouts to me for still being bad :D

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
Oh yea, shoutouts to burning arms of the hottest degree for most likely being a stream monster and watching a decent amount of the stream yesterday :D

Unless, you actually went to this................ :O

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
So much driving

I'm likely not gonna go OOR until Apex (or maybe when I travel to FL.... maybe)

Shoutouts to Riot, TV, Zao, and Verm. TV: gooooooooooood ****ing set. I'm proud of you. To you Verm, I'm gonna miss you man.
Shouts to San beating me again... and completely killing my confidence... again (i aint even mad lmao).

That's really all I got. I slept during almost half this tourney (and should have been DQ'd but somehow I wasn't). Guess I'll catch alot of you at apex.

Hanzhou

Smash Journeyman
No one to play smash with South Jersey -Keith Kush
Didn't get alot of sleep lol but I had fun chillin in the hotel with everyone

KT, Xzax and TV yall some chill dudes fun sparking with yall

Nice meeting some of the florida ppl. @GDX KEITH CREW!

Shoutouts to everyone wearing snapbacks at KTAR lol

This is Keith Kush btw

Also high times while listening to Xaltis play friendlies in the suites was funny as **** (GET OUTTA HERE! *xaltis voice*)

Da1AndOnlySonic

Smash Journeyman
Shoutout to everyone who played friendlies and/or MMs with me, especially Will with the 5 back to back MMs that went left and right with a hype final match.

Shoutout to the Sonic mains for showing up to this tourney.

Shoutout to Speed for representing Sonic well at this tourney, that win over Seibrik was hype.

Shoutout to the TOs for running the tournament smoothly and taking initiative when there was a need for it.

All in all I was glad I went to this tournament and even more glad at how I performed overall, making it to round 4 of winners to face Atomsk on live stream. Can't wait for APEX, hopefully by then I'll be even better. Maybe then I'll get a chance to face the people I didn't get a chance to this time. :)

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
Didn't get alot of sleep lol but I had fun chillin in the hotel with everyone

KT, Xzax and TV yall some chill dudes fun sparking with yall

Nice meeting some of the florida ppl. @GDX KEITH CREW!

Shoutouts to everyone wearing snapbacks at KTAR lol

This is Keith Kush btw

Also high times while listening to Xaltis play friendlies in the suites was funny as **** (GET OUTTA HERE! *xaltis voice*)
yea man we gotta do it again

NNID
Budget_Player
1: Ally: Never got around to that Brawl- MM, or vBrawl friendlies. :( Shame. Good **** though.
2: Anti: I think we played some friendlies?
3: Nairo: See ally. Laaaame. :(
4: Vinnie: God dammit why are there so many people I didn't end up playing against but really wanted to? >.<
5: Mew2King: see virtually all the rest of the top players lmao
9: Deltacod: Well, I'm definitely not the best in Brawl-. ****ing yoshi. :laugh:
9: Kingtoon: I feel OK about losing to you. That first match was good... then I just sucked against your Kirby. **** I need to work on that MU; it isn't that hard. >.> Good matches though, hope they get uploaded.
33: Bloodcross: I thought you were a random when I went up and challenged you to an MM... Dammit. :laugh:
33: DJ Jack: I don't know that many people who are so conceited and arrogant and still not totally sucktastic. Like, the only people I've seen with this kind of attitude problem are the people who have never played anyone better than their kid brother.
33: Seagull Man: Note to self: get better at MK-wolf. My DDD sucks ***. :laugh:
33: Budget Player Cadet: You know why they call me Budget? Cuz I'm free.
49: Viva: If you think I'm going to remember that you have one game up on me in an unfinished MM the next time we meet you're crazy. :laugh: Good **** though, your MK is pretty scary.
49: Seibrik: Best watch a few vids of S!C if you wanna up that wario. ;) Lmao, hype start.
49: Dark Falco: I hate your main. :laugh:
65: Tony T: Not to be a ****, but when I asked you for an MM, I meant $10. That is, the doubles entry fee. I think people were trolling when they told me you were good, because you were pretty bad.
65: Eazy: Your DK is legit.
97: Sphere: Most epic neckbeard. Most epic. Thanks for the ride and stuff.

Alex: Good to meet you in person. Nice guy, legit talking to you. Kept mistaking you for ally, dunno why.
Diem: Same as Alex; you're legit. Shame we never got around to Brawl-, I had to leave fairly early.
Reggie: Thanks a bunch for housing, man. :)
Dazwa: personage most epic. Thanks for all the help, and good **** in melee.

@Ganons: I'LL GET YOU MY PRETTIES!!!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I believe I saw it prior to the end of the tournament. Not sure who has it after cleaning up, I'm sure someone does. I know it was in the venue at least.

NNID
Budget_Player
im pretty sure BPC did better than you delta 2 ganons left 1 stock each 1 was like at 80 and the other i 4get
Yeah, pretty much this. I was basically two projectiles away from sweet victory. I wanted to try again but left before it started up again. :(

I believe I saw it prior to the end of the tournament. Not sure who has it after cleaning up, I'm sure someone does. I know it was in the venue at least.
Great, I would really, really appreciate it if the person who has it could message me.

Tony T

Smash Ace
1: Ally: Never got around to that Brawl- MM, or vBrawl friendlies. :( Shame. Good **** though.
2: Anti: I think we played some friendlies?
3: Nairo: See ally. Laaaame. :(
4: Vinnie: God dammit why are there so many people I didn't end up playing against but really wanted to? >.<
5: Mew2King: see virtually all the rest of the top players lmao
9: Deltacod: Well, I'm definitely not the best in Brawl-. ****ing yoshi. :laugh:
9: Kingtoon: I feel OK about losing to you. That first match was good... then I just sucked against your Kirby. **** I need to work on that MU; it isn't that hard. >.> Good matches though, hope they get uploaded.
33: Bloodcross: I thought you were a random when I went up and challenged you to an MM... Dammit. :laugh:
33: DJ Jack: I don't know that many people who are so conceited and arrogant and still not totally sucktastic. Like, the only people I've seen with this kind of attitude problem are the people who have never played anyone better than their kid brother.
33: Seagull Man: Note to self: get better at MK-wolf. My DDD sucks ***. :laugh:
33: Budget Player Cadet: You know why they call me Budget? Cuz I'm free.
49: Viva: If you think I'm going to remember that you have one game up on me in an unfinished MM the next time we meet you're crazy. :laugh: Good **** though, your MK is pretty scary.
49: Seibrik: Best watch a few vids of S!C if you wanna up that wario. ;) Lmao, hype start.
49: Dark Falco: I hate your main. :laugh:
65: Tony T: Not to be a ****, but when I asked you for an MM, I meant $10. That is, the doubles entry fee. I think people were trolling when they told me you were good, because you were pretty bad.
65: Eazy: Your DK is legit.
97: Sphere: Most epic neckbeard. Most epic. Thanks for the ride and stuff.

Alex: Good to meet you in person. Nice guy, legit talking to you. Kept mistaking you for ally, dunno why.
Diem: Same as Alex; you're legit. Shame we never got around to Brawl-, I had to leave fairly early.
Reggie: Thanks a bunch for housing, man. :)
Dazwa: personage most epic. Thanks for all the help, and good **** in melee.

@Ganons: I'LL GET YOU MY PRETTIES!!!
It was nice to meet you and you Know what I don't want to be mean but don't talk down on me about being bad when your MK was only decent and wtf you killed me twice in doubles damn it, not my fault. If I did face you I would have kicked your *** but I was in a pretty bad mood during singles and did not want to mm considering I knew I would lose due to my anger and you don't know what youre talking about because if u saw any of my vids especially from my last KTAR you would eat your own words especially considering how nice I was to you. If you do come to APEX I will settle this there 1v1.

SHOUTOUTS LATER!

Shoutouts

Did anyone bring home a white wiimote that wasn't theirs? Mine's white, had 2 squares of battery life last I've seen, has rechargable batteries (I think Duracell?)

Anyways,

Everyone who played tournament sets on my recording setup - thank you

New Jersey - I hate you and your ******** gas station laws

Berto, Lie, Neo - Most dysfuntional people I've ever carpooled. Berto and Lie owe me $20 each but I should really be charging more since I went in circles for 2 hours to get them (and NEO, but NEO paid his gas$ on time)

Junebug - Beat Mew2King? So Godlike
Speed - Win vs Seibrik was so hype

VideoGameBootCamp - thx for running the streams
Tournament staff - thx for running the event

Brawl - I hate you too
Melee - You're so cool

Zhu - Friendlies vs you were fun ^.^
Eggm - Same as Zhu
CHAiN-ACE - We never did that money match. I would've lost. My Zelda is so rusty. Fun seeing you again. Wish you could have been there longer to compete
That 1 Marth I played 1st round in Melee - Game 1 I think you JV 2 stocked me at a normal time. Game 2 was 7 minutes 13 second. Game 3 I win again in 6 minutes 51 seconds. I never knew Brawl could be so fun

Garm, or some name kind of like that (plays Lucario) - Sorry I didn't record a friendly of you vs Junebug. I had to GTFO all of a sudden
Kid Goggles - "As much as I love you, I want to shove my boot right through your computer right now" Ponies are the best thing ever
TonyT - We really should have played at least a friendly or whatever

New England carpool - Thanks for letting me and my carpool spend the night at your hotel room. Saved us so much

iRJi

Smash Champion
Their are so little posts in here and so many people viewing. Post something people!

NNID
Budget_Player
It was nice to meet you and you Know what I don't want to be mean but don't talk down on me about being bad when your MK was only decent and wtf you killed me twice in doubles damn it, not my fault. If I did face you I would have kicked your *** but I was in a pretty bad mood and did not want to mm considering I knew I would lose due to my anger and you don't know what youre talking about because if u saw any of my vids especially from my last KTAR you would eat your own words especially considering how nice I was to you. If you do come to APEX I will settle this there 1v1.
I spent teams at the last two tournaments I went to carrying "randoms" to relatively stupid placings (7th in teams at Brawl in Berlin 2 with a relatively unestablished but still legit player in my crew and 3rd at S@S2 with a guy who didn't make it out of pools). I haven't seen your other placings, but I see that you placed pretty horribly here, I saw that you were seriously struggling to hold up your end in teams, and the reaction from several of my friends when I told them I was teaming with you was, more or less, "Shame, better luck next time".

To be fair, I may be at fault. I've never teamed with a lucario, and I don't know a lot about the strategy. However, if I'm supposed to play Anubis and you can't pull any weight in a 2v1, then the team is ****ed. And seeing that... I'm pretty sure it wasn't all me on that count.

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
Come on olimar mains..... Making me not wanna main this guy anymore :-/ I wanna see an oli get top 3 at a regional/national with more than 3 pro MK's

:phone:

Tony T

Smash Ace
I spent teams at the last two tournaments I went to carrying "randoms" to relatively stupid placings (7th in teams at Brawl in Berlin 2 with a relatively unestablished but still legit player in my crew and 3rd at S@S2 with a guy who didn't make it out of pools). I haven't seen your other placings, but I see that you placed pretty horribly here, I saw that you were seriously struggling to hold up your end in teams, and the reaction from several of my friends when I told them I was teaming with you was, more or less, "Shame, better luck next time".

To be fair, I may be at fault. I've never teamed with a lucario, and I don't know a lot about the strategy. However, if I'm supposed to play Anubis and you can't pull any weight in a 2v1, then the team is ****ed. And seeing that... I'm pretty sure it wasn't all me on that count.
Well I apologize I couldn't pull my weight for 2v1 because I'm facing two MKs (DMBrandon and RJ) with one Lucario and you died after 10 secs coming back in also MK is Lucarios worst MU consider that as well but you did bring it back in our match against the two sonics (Speed and ShadowFiend) match 1 but game three was your decision to go halberd, we were both at fault.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Come on olimar mains..... Making me not wanna main this guy anymore :-/ I wanna see an oli get top 3 at a regional/national with more than 3 pro MK's

Why don't YOU do it, motivate yourself. Stop relying on others.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Well I apologize I couldn't pull my weight for 2v1 because I'm facing two MKs (DMBrandon and RJ) with one Lucario and you died after 10 secs coming back in also MK is Lucarios worst MU consider that as well but you did bring it back in our match against the two sonics (Speed and ShadowFiend) match 1 but game three was your decision to go halberd, we were both at fault.
No, Mk is NOT lucario's worse MU. That is far from true lol. None the less, it was still a good set. You guys need to stop fighting over silly things. It's both of your faults. A team does not fall from 1 person, rather, the team as a whole. Put it aside, and just move on lol.

Also, please use some form of grammer. Periods go a long way. I shouldn't say much for the fact my grammer isn't perfect, but at least it's readable.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Why don't YOU do it, motivate yourself. Stop relying on others.
This is probably the most important thing Anti has said as of late imo.

Also, other most important thing Anti has done was dancing on stream after winning a match and doing it right in front of the player cam.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Actually as I recall, Dazwa realized that his defeat was OBVIOUS and gave up vs Ally and I in melee.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
still open to the challenge actually, watkins was having an existential crisis and we had to leave early

Luigisama

Smash Champion
I think the ganon challenge should be done at every major tourney and should be streamed when mk dittos are on stream since people find mk dittos less interesting to watch.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
No, Mk is NOT lucario's worse MU. That is far from true lol. None the less, it was still a good set. You guys need to stop fighting over silly things. It's both of your faults. A team does not fall from 1 person, rather, the team as a whole. Put it aside, and just move on lol.

Also, please use some form of grammer. Periods go a long way. I shouldn't say much for the fact my grammer isn't perfect, but at least it's readable.
Yes. Use proper grammar. Spelling is nice too.

False

Smash Lord
NNID
Falsified
9: Deltacod - MATEO GOIN' INNNNNNNNNNNN OMGGGG
9: Kingtoon - intense match against Bleachigo, that dsmash gimp was hella stupid. >_>
13: Malcolm - dat yoshi tho
13: Bleachigo - LoF. you're still a legend.
17: Will - lovely friendlies. I still suck.
17: Vex Kasrani - nice meeting you, sorry about the nagging questions regarding hawaii
17: Speed - loved your game with seibrik! good stuff!
17: Teevee - **** rob
25: Pink Fresh - omg you ***** jband his last stock. madddd respect, best lucas.
33: Gunblade - wanted to see you in bracket. xD
33: Riot - amazing zelda. o_o
33: RJ - good stuffz.
33: Prawn - nice to meet you :D
33: Cable - eyyyy! we didn't get to play at all!
49: Pane - nice friendlies! I'm really **** at the wolf mu now
49: Dill - good random o_o
49: Jbandrew - omg you would've placed soooo much better, but pink was the better man that game. also, I'm just happy I took you to last game last hit. d3 hella stupid.
49: Seph - you'll place better. just keep that practice up.
49: Ebo - your crew talks smack about me, but my snake will show that marth the truth!
65: Tony T - never got to play ya. x_x
65: False - free
65: Nasty - yoooo! nice to meet you dude. you seem like a really nice and outgoing guy.
97: James - next time >_>
97: Calm - next time >_>
97: Br1an - next time >_>
97: Vermanumbis - the embodiment of ganondorf!! your true ambitions with ganon are admirable, I loved your story.
97: Rapture - but u da bess tho
97: Ish - but u da bess tho

overall I'm still pretty bad, but I suppose I'll get better.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
Everyone has that one tourney they just bomb it at, and this was that for me. It's unfortunate that my last impression on the EC until Apex was so underwhelming, but I at least have a reason to practice now.

Aside from the wallet catastrophe and doing poorly in just about everything, I had a lot of fun and was glad I got to come and meet Florida/say goodbye to everyone. It was so hard getting on that train in Framingham. Smash has been such a huge part of my life since April of last year, and as such, so has the AtlNorth community. I'm gonna miss the hell out of traveling and the misadventures I had with you guys.

Thanks to Keitaro for running everything and being so damn helpful in helping me find my wallet. Shoutouts later--despite the highlights, it was still a very draining weekend, so I'm just gonna conk the **** out. I look forward to playing everyone I played yesterday at Apex and hopefully redeeming myself from the overall performance that was so unlike me.

Special shoutouts to the amazing carpool consisting of BC, Zao, Riot and TeeVee. Shoutouts to MVD for finding my wallet (saved me ***, man!).

Tony T

Smash Ace

Sigh you're right RJ its not worth it. I need to work with a consistent partner and work on my team skills because I suck at teams atm lol. I should just stick to singles and do teams again after some practice.

Top Bottom