• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Yeah Sizor is my second choice for a Gen 2 rep. Marill is just more well known due to it's prominence in advertising.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Scizor does have a lot of potential as a newcomer. I mean, his Side B could be Bullet Punch. There, I already came up with a move for him.

Garchomp, as much as I like it, I can't really see it as its own stand-alone character. Instead, I can only see it as a character in the same vein as Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon, should Cynthia ever be made playable, and even she seems highly unlikely.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I just don't like Garchomp aesthetically. I feel like it was designed by committee, and that committee consisted of people shouting things like "SHARK!" "JET-PLANE!" "SPIKES!" "PUT A STAR ON ITS FACE!"

Buuut that's just my opinion :)

Scizor would definitely need bullet punch, that's pretty much his MO. Perhaps that could be his standard B attack, and U-turn could be his side B? Could provide an interesting way to get in a quick hit and then put some distance between yourself and the enemy, and possibly work as a recovery option as well. His down B could be bug buzz or silver wind, or counter or reversal. Up B... eh, he has wings, it shouldn't be too hard to come up with something XD

Also, iron head. Oh man. I would spend entire matches just headbutting everybody. I... I can dream!

@Guybrush: Was Marill genuinely that prominent in the advertising, or was it just that Tracy had one, and everybody thought it was somehow related to Pikachu, and flipped out? Because that's how I remember it, but that's also around the time when I fell out of Pokemon for a while, so I could easily be wrong, heh.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess he was, since I actually remember hearing about him before I stopped following it. Fair enough, fair enough.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I seriously want them to add an "Ace trainer" type character. One that has 3 powerful or popular pokemon that wouldn't normally have a chance of getting in on there own. It'd be a nice way of representing the gens.

Most likely wouldn't happen, but a man can wish.

umegames

Smash Cadet
I really just want mewtwo back in place of lucario. I have nothing against him though.

I know the puff has followers, but i think she can make a respectful exit now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Now, I know this guy will never happen, but man, if he did, I'd be ecstatic.

Marowak.

I dunno. I feel he would be cool and mainly rely on moves that hit multiple times as his gimmick, such as Bonemerang, Thrash and Bone Rush. Not to mention, he's a very combat oriented Pokemon.

He stands no chance as playable, but it's a pipe dream.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Marowak has always been a favorite of mine, so I'd be totally down for him as well. Bonemerang would be a must. There aren't a ton of characters with club-like weapons getting support, either, are there?

I'd also be very happy with Blaziken. Coolest fire starter, next to Charizard.

D

Deleted member

Entei is a pipe dream of mine. Shame, though, as it could've been possible in Melee, as Entei recently had a movie during that time...
Not that I'm saying he was likely, just that it was more reasonable and possible back then.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Marowak has always been a favorite of mine, so I'd be totally down for him as well. Bonemerang would be a must. There aren't a ton of characters with club-like weapons getting support, either, are there?

I'd also be very happy with Blaziken. Coolest fire starter, next to Charizard.
Off the top of my head, I can only think of possibly Magnus. I think there was a Magnus Club in Uprising. Other than that, I think you're right, actually.

A club user would be nice to eventually see.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
Off the top of my head, I can only think of possibly Magnus. I think there was a Magnus Club in Uprising. Other than that, I think you're right, actually.

A club user would be nice to eventually see.
Danbe's a club user Right? And I'd love to see some shin onigashima hype :/

:phone:

Slim_X

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4425-1928-1952
Suicine my favorite pokemon ever! Final smash Blizzard Laser identical to what it does in brawl when unleased virtually a one hit KO that you have to aim like marth or zelda. Attacks can involve water, ice and laser beams.

Entei is a pipe dream of mine. Shame, though, as it could've been possible in Melee, as Entei recently had a movie during that time...
Not that I'm saying he was likely, just that it was more reasonable and possible back then.
Entei Ho-oh and Suicine the all star team!

Yeah Entei is one of the best pokemon to come out of pokeballs, let me send you a friend request your cool. I like your gold Entei icon.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
-.- very. I'm talking about guys like Meowth or May - characters who are fairly well known by both fans & non-fans but are less likely than other Pokemon candidates for whatever reason.
I would say Meloetta is more than unlikely and would be on the same level as Victni/Genesect. Even though Smash fans don't like her, a majority of the Pokemon fanbase love her. She was the second most well recieved of the 3 event Pokemon for her backstory, cute appearance, unique abilities like singing and transformations. Not to mention Sakurai is a fan of transforming fighters and her upcoming major role in the Pokemon anime as Ash's traveling companion.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
That's not too unlikely, as he is the most requested "newcomer" in Japan.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Bellsprout, Totodile, Heracross, Combusken, Breloom, and Deoxys.

These are the only abominations I give a crap about.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

I'm the only one who want's to see Manectric playable. Make her like Amaterasu except more suited for Smash. Sadly, Pikachu will never allow another electric Pokemon to be playable. :(

I know i'm throwing it out since it's my favorite, but could an electric wolf be workable in Brawl if Amaterasu can work in UMvC3?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I went ahead and made a moveset for Chandelure seeing that he at least has a decent shot, in the chance that they decided to use popularity over relevance for the 5th Gen Rep. He is the most popular 5th Genner in Japan, after all. He's pretty popular here, too.

[COLLAPSE="Moveset in Here"]Chandelure

Overview: Chandelure’s a Glass Cannon. His Specials do extremely high damage if used together, and his melee attacks are speedy but weak. And he has the endurance of a moth. Chandelure can easily be sent flying by a simple attack. With Chandelure, it’s basically “rack up as much damage until you get KO’d, and repeat.”

A: Spins its small arms for 2%
AA: Spins in the opposite direction for 3%
AAA: Chandelure lowers its head toward the foe and burns them for 8%
A Side: Chandelure does an outwards swipe of his arm for 10%.
A Up: Chandelure spins while shooting his flame upward for 9%.
A Down: Chandelure swings his flaming arms downward on both sides for 6%
Dash A: Chandelure flies in a small circle and charges one half of a Battlefield platform length ahead. Does 8%

Smash Side: Chandelure does a small headbutt for 15%.
Smash Up: Swiftly lights up his head and produces a column of fire for 20%.
Smash Down: Chandelure swipes his arms along the ground in a circle and produces a small ring of fire for 22%.

Air A: Chandelure spins while dark flames surround him for 12%.
Up Air A: Chandelure shoots a small stream of flames upwards for 10%.
Backward Air A: Chandelure spins his lit arms backwards for 10%.
Forward Air A: Chandelure creates a small fiery orb in front of himself that hits for 9%.
Down Air A: Chandelure shoots itself downward like a fiery comet. It is like a suicide kick in that it cannot be stopped. However, it pulls opponents inward and does 15%, making it dangerous but rewarding.

Grab and Pummel: Chandelure grabs the foe and burns their bodies. Pummel does 3%.
Forward Throw: Chandelure picks up the foe and repels them forward for 13%.
Back Throw: Chandelure throws the foe back and slaps them with fiery arms for 6%.
Up Throw: Chandelure throws foes upwards and throws two fireballs up to burn them for 13%.
Down Throw: Chandelure throws the foe down and lets out a ghastly shriek. He then quickly paralyzes them with fear and sucks out a bit of their life force before launching it back as an Energy Ball for 14%.

His Neutral B would be Flame Burst. Chandelure simply shoots out a fireball that travels one half of the length of Final Destination to shoot foes. An interesting aspect is that if it hits while the opponent is in the air, the fall back down to earth if sweet spotted, providing a decent Meteor Smash for Chandelure. The move does 15%

His Side B will be Hex. This is somewhat situational. Chandelure needs to close in on his opponent and then use this move quickly. If it hits, the opponent takes 5% damage. “That’s it,” you say? Well, if used in succession with Will-O-Wisp, it becomes much more threatening. If you close in on the foe struggling with Will-O-Wisp, they cannot escape, and Hex becomes much more powerful. It now does 30% damage, equivalent to a Falcon Punch, minus the knockback. This is a good way for Chandelure to rack up damage.

His Up B would be Telekinesis. This move does no damage, but Chandelure uses its ghostly powers to turn invisible and float upward. He is immune to damage in this state; however, he is completely vulnerable when in the helpless state afterwards. It is an overall basic recovery. He goes about three Bowser heights upward.

Chandelure's Down B would be Will-O-Wisp. Chandelure creates a small purple and blue fireball. He sets it on the stage, and it stays there for 30 seconds until it burns out. Up to two can be on the stage at once. It has the same physics and effect as PK Fire, but is much harder to break free of. Altogether, a foe takes 17% damage from the onslaught.

Finally, his Final Smash would be Inferno. Chandelure does an evil cackle, which causes two giant walls of flames to push from the outside border of the stage inward. When the wall hits you, it drags you along with it to the center; there is not an escape method. However, while this causes extreme damage, it has no knockback…yet. When the foes reach Chandelure in the center, he bursts into a roaring hellfire and sends the foes flying. The entire shebang causes up to 65% damage.

[/COLLAPSE]

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643

Dragonair

Jab: Small jolt of energy shoots from her horn. (This acts just like Ganon’s jab)

Jump: A standard double Jump and a jumps and a glide

Crouch: Coils tightly with her head lowered to the ground.
Crawl: (Very slow slither but is as low as Snake was in Brawl)

Tilts:

Ftilt: swings her tail forward (exactly how Charizard’s fair was)
Dtilt: A small spark of ice appears from her horn. This move has fast cool down and has a small chance of freezing opponent at higher percent to avoid wall locks.
Utilt: Quickly arches her body up and hits you with her back.

Dash: Aqua Jet* (Dives forward with a splashing wave in front of her)

Aerials

Nair: Twister*(curls her body into a full circle and spins around creating a small tornado around her)
Uair: Flips back with her tail hitting the opponent. (Just like Pikachu's uair)
Bair: Quick flip behind where her tail hits you. (knock back similar to Ivysaur’s)
Fair: Thunder Wave *her horn shoots a small electric sphere from her for spacing purposes. (similar to Ness)

Grab

Wrap (obvious)
Pummel: Constrict (squeezes the opponent)

Throws:

Forward:
(Spins once and releases the enemy into a toss)
Back: (Tosses them over her head before turning in the direction)
Down: (Slams them against the ground head first)
Up: (Launches them straight over her head)

Smashes

FSmash: Dragon Rush* (Lowers her head before throwing herself forward a short distance. (Little more distance than Wario’s F Smash)
USmash: Her horn glows icy blue as she then scoops her head up and does multiple hits to whoever she has above her head. (basically an controlled ice beam)
DSmash: Dragon tail (slams the ground with her tail. Similar to the Down Smash from P:M’s Wario or Brawl’s Charizard)

Specials:

Neutral: Dragon Pulse (Charged ball of energy)
Up: (Agility) Straightens her body and shoots out in a direction.
Side: Dragon Breath (Shoots out a short burst of aqua green fire. This ability has high knock back. The damage is low but never becomes stale.)
Down: Dragon Dance (Sways back and forth for a short amount of time giving her more knock back and power on her next Smash attack)

Final Smash:
Draco Meteor (Dragonair’s ultimate ability in Pokemon so I felt this was fair for her to have in this game. Summons a meteor shower that will do damage overtime, (like the rain in Wario Ware) Dragonair also receives movement speed and knock back on all her attacks for the period of time.

Strength: 7/10
Weight: 4/10
Speed: 8/10
Aerial Mobility: 3/10

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
I'm in full support of Raichu.

All the other Chu's got in. Heck even Minun and Plusle were considered. They need to stop jipping Rai outta the spot light and give him the opportunity he deserves~!

D

Deleted member

I want to see Deoxys in Smash. 3rd gen really does deserve a rep and I think it would be a great choice. The transformation aspect is very appealing and would be highly unique. As the last generation I loved, I would be pleased with this addition. It's in my Top 10 most wanted.
Scyther.

10 scythers.

:123:
Scizor is better.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

The Volcano is Rising...​

(B) Moveset

(B): Flame Burst:
He charges a fire ball in his mouth, getting on all fours. This move works like Samus's (B) neutral, except he can charge it mid-air too. The fireball, on contact of a solid object, explodes, doing some counter damage to anyone near it.

(B)v: Smokescreen:
He spits a black ball from his mouth at the foe in front of him. If the ball hits the opponent, it puts them under a dizzy spell. This move works like Mewtwo's (B)> (With the same range), except it makes a smokescreen affect, like the smoke ball in SSBB.

(B)>: Double Kick:
He swings back, then kicks twice at the opponent. This move has great range. If the opponent is near Typhlosion when this move is executed, they are dealt more damage and are knocked away further.

(B)^: Lava Plume:
He jumps up, like Mario or Charizard, with Lava behind him, knocking everyone away. This move has more range upwards, and doesn't remove action from Typhlosion after the attack.

Final Smash: Eruption
His fire-neck shoots straight upwards as he roars. In the sky, Meteors are dropped. This is much like Ness's Final Smash, except it does Fire damage.

I was lazy with this one -_-...

D

Deleted member

DUNSPARCE!!!
......wait he;s in second in some poll
Poll means nothing anyway, and Dunsparce's votes were trolled and now reset.

That being said, Dunsparce would be the ultimate troll. :troll:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I mean, you COULD make an interesting one from Glare, Headbutt, a hover move, Dig, and Hyper Beam, to name a few...but...when it comes to forgotten Gen II Pokemon, Qwilfish is where it's at.

/bias

Waluigi

Smash Apprentice
i remember back in the day i used to think dunsparce evolved into some sort of dragon....Oh how disapionted i was when i learned the truth..

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
All I remember Dunsparce doing was annoying people with Swagger, or bringing about its own end because of it.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Dunsparce is more well known for Serene Grace and abusing the flinch chance of Headbutt, and to a lesser extent it's large movepool. It's really not a good Pokemon otherwise, but it still has fans for it being awkwardly cute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom