• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
And Psycho wins the thread once again...

jigglover

Smash Lord
This is the unlikely thread, not the impossible pokemon thread.
:troll: :troll::troll::troll::troll::troll:

Pretty much Opossum, pretty much...

I didn't try to be hard on the guy; if anything, I was helping him by showing him that the three he wants to see are much more likely than the ones in this thread.
Oh yeah. Why do I always misinterpret posts!?
Oops, forgot I'd just commented :troll: sorry about double post.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
If I had to pick one Pokemon from each region to jopin here it is.

Hitmonlee
Scizor
Blaziken
Gallade
Zoroark

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I want to see reuniclus or porygon-z playable

But more than anyone else, Blastoise!!!

jigglover

Smash Lord
Oh come on, Wurmple is way too tough! If only we had someone else for a fair fight, how about... Feebas! Or... Magikarp! Come on guys, you knew that Magikarp would get into this thread at some point, just stopping the wait. Okay...
Neutral B: Splash! Sends water everywhere for an unpredictable projectile!
Side B: Tackle! He charges at high speed at opponents!
Up B: Bounce! Basically King Dedede's!
Down B: Flail! The more damage he has on him, the more damage this does!
Final smash! Struggle! he sends waves of frustration in all directions. Can be narrowly dodged, but does 10 percent to Magikarp in the end!

Yes! It's perfect!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You could also throw in Flail as a Down B. Increase in power based on your damage.

Sqid

Smash Apprentice
Wurmple?
Hmm...
I love it.

But as a real suggestion, someone who would be awesome to play but has almost no chance...

Gengar.

Think about how cool he could be.
Shadow Ball, Shadow Punch, Night Shade would all be cool.
Something where you put the enemy to sleep, then use Dream Eater (and if Hex was a move it'd do more damage when they're asleep).

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wurmple?
Hmm...
I love it.

But as a real suggestion, someone who would be awesome to play but has almost no chance...

Gengar.

Think about how cool he could be.
Shadow Ball, Shadow Punch, Night Shade would all be cool.
Something where you put the enemy to sleep, then use Dream Eater (and if Hex was a move it'd do more damage when they're asleep).
But as a real suggestion... Gengar! So, Gengar is more likely than Magikarp eh?:awesome::awesome::awesome: you ShAlL PAY!

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
If I had to pick one Pokemon from each region to jopin here it is.

Hitmonlee
Scizor
Blaziken
Gallade
Zoroark
Woot! Scizor's got some more love! Though I would rather see Infernape then Gallade, I think Lucario does well in the 4th gen slot as is.

Gen 1 is already super saturated so good luck on that one! (I'm more of a Hitmonchan fan anyway. :D)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Y'all needed to stop after Blastoise. Everyone wants Blastoise. Just like how everyone wanted Charizard.

Yes, YOU wanted Charizard to.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The MultiScale Monster: Dragonite for SSB4!

Entrance:

A taunt idea:

Okay, now Specials for Dragonite!

(B): Dragon Rush
When performed on the ground, Dragonite rushes forward. Anyone in front of him is knocked forward. After one character space, Dragonite swings his body, using his mighty tail to bash the knocked opponents away. In the sky, it's the same thing, except he swings his tail downwards, performing a meteor smash!

(B)>: Fire Blast
He spins his entire body, and spits out a giant Fire Blast at the opponent. Like Issac's Assist Trophy attack, except it only goes 5 character spaces, and does fire damage. This move works in the sky, but knocks Dragonite backwards, but a bit upwards, 1 character space, and is shot diagonally.

(B)^: Seismic Toss
Dragonite jumps straight up, into a glide. If someone is near him, he grabs them, goes straight up, then down, and pile drives the opponent into the ground. He then slides from the opponent 2 character spaces away. This attack works different in the sky. In the sky, he gets an MK effect.

(B)v: Hyper Beam
This attack is VERY powerful, but needs recharging afterwards. Like in the Pokemon games, this is very true for Dragonite in SSB4. Dragonite fires off a large beam forward. For five seconds, this giant beam is fired off. After the 5 seconds, Dragonite goes under dizzy mode. The scary part of this move? It's almost a guaranteed KO for most opponents.

EDIT: Sorry for Double Posting.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Asage, a few little things with your move-set, I think the neutral B and <B should be swapped, just because of what they do, since your side B sounded an awful lot like Ike's.

Also Hyper Beam is practically useless in competitive Pokemon, a level 100 Dragonite would do barely half of a level 100 Kingdra's health with Hyper beam, just for the record.

Also a final smash would be nice.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Asage, a few little things with your move-set, I think the neutral B and <B should be swapped, just because of what they do, since your side B sounded an awful lot like Ike's.

Also Hyper Beam is practically useless in competitive Pokemon, a level 100 Dragonite would do barely half of a level 100 Kingdra's health with Hyper beam, just for the record.

I wouldn't say competitive Pokemon is used as a Smash moveset basis, or else Charizard wouldn't have Rock Smash...plus, Hyper Beam is actually iconic to Dragonite. It is often depicted in Pokemon media using the move.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say competitive Pokemon is used as a Smash moveset basis, or else Charizard wouldn't have Rock Smash...plus, Hyper Beam is actually iconic to Dragonite. It is often depicted in Pokemon media using the move.
Hmm.. I didn't think of that. I mean, Squirtle got watergun, Ivysaur bullet seed, I think that they wanted to represent the journey of the games ending with the competitive side. Squirtle having water-fall coupled with charizard's rock-smash could represent HMs, actually the more I think into PT the moves he and his Pokemon have are thought out incredibly well!

Back to dragonite though, Sakurai doesn't pay much attention to the anime when thinking of anything to do with Pokemon, but if he considers the anime this time around, and dragonite gets in (:p), then he'll get hyper beam.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Let's do all the things YOU want, hmm?

As for the (B) thing, my arguement is Jigglypuff with Rollout and Pound. Fire Blast and Dragon Rush are- in attack movement, like Rollout and Pound. Dragon Rush has a forward movement with the Character, while Fire Blast has a forward attack, without too much movement to the character.

Also, this isn't Pokemon Competitive. This is Smash Bros. Welcome.

And a Final Smash? FINE, MR. GIMME!

Final Smash: Draco Meteor
Dragonite roars, and flies up to the middle of the stage (Like Lucario). He then roars, and sends down meteors to crash upon the stage. There is a difference between the PK-user's fs and Dragonite's.

First off, by using the Analog stick, you can manipulate how the meteors crash upon the land This means that new meteors that come will shoot left-down diagonally if you point the analog stick that direction.

Second, this does last as long as the PK-user's FS, but at the end, when Dragonite lands (Where he once was), anyone near him will be blown away.

Happy, fella?

This. In b4-

Hmm.. I didn't think of that. I mean, Squirtle got watergun, Ivysaur bullet seed, I think that they wanted to represent the journey of the games ending with the competitive side. Squirtle having water-fall coupled with charizard's rock-smash could represent HMs, actually the more I think into PT the moves he and his Pokemon have are thought out incredibly well!

Back to dragonite though, Sakurai doesn't pay much attention to the anime when thinking of anything to do with Pokemon, but if he considers the anime this time around, and dragonite gets in (:p), then he'll get hyper beam.
Oh, nevermind. T_T I'm not getting into this here.

D

Deleted member

Seriously....what's the deal with Iris' Dragonite? 0_0 Does it have something shoved up it's arse or something?
I've never seen a Dragonite so angry.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Let's do all the things YOU want, hmm?

As for the (B) thing, my arguement is Jigglypuff with Rollout and Pound. Fire Blast and Dragon Rush are- in attack movement, like Rollout and Pound. Dragon Rush has a forward movement with the Character, while Fire Blast has a forward attack, without too much movement to the character.

Also, this isn't Pokemon Competitive. This is Smash Bros. Welcome.

And a Final Smash? FINE, MR. GIMME!

Final Smash: Draco Meteor
Dragonite roars, and flies up to the middle of the stage (Like Lucario). He then roars, and sends down meteors to crash upon the stage. There is a difference between the PK-user's fs and Dragonite's.

First off, by using the Analog stick, you can manipulate how the meteors crash upon the land This means that new meteors that come will shoot left-down diagonally if you point the analog stick that direction.

Second, this does last as long as the PK-user's FS, but at the end, when Dragonite lands (Where he once was), anyone near him will be blown away.

Happy, fella?
Very happy. :troll: Your jigglypuff arguement makes a lot of sense, I guess.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Seriously....what's the deal with Iris' Dragonite? 0_0 Does it have something shoved up it's arse or something?
I've never seen a Dragonite so angry.
Chances are, its nature is probably "Naughty", and its characteristic is "Likes to thrash about".

There was even a Togepi that had a mischievous attitude, which is not something that you'd typically see from a Togepi.

D

Deleted member

I admit, her Dragonite is badass. It's just....wierd to see a Dragonite with that permanent scowl...

But I'm sure Prof. Oak's Dragonite could beat it. :troll:

D

Deleted member

I probably laughed a little harder than I should've about that. :laugh:

For some reason, whever I see that first image, I keep thinking that all it needs is a Mike Tyson tattoo like this image.

It's a shame that Dragonite is so unlikely of a choice. He'd fit right in. :(

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I probably laughed a little harder than I should've about that. :laugh:

For some reason, whever I see that first image, I keep thinking that all it needs is a Mike Tyson tattoo like this image.

It's a shame that Dragonite is so unlikely of a choice. He'd fit right in. :(
There are MANY Pokemon that fit right into SSB.

Deoxys, Breloom, Gallade, Blaziken, Scizor... And so many more. Seriously. But Dragonite has GOT to be in the top 5.

D

Deleted member

To be quite honest, Iris catching one and the fact that the Dragonite is unique for it's personality and disposition does kind of put him up there.

Sad though, that there's still Mewtwo, 5th Gen, and I suppose Meowth (but screw him; gimme Dragonite) to take priority.

Loophile with Iris w/ Axew, 2nd stage Dragon or Druddigon, Dragonite then? :troll: Covers both 5th Gen AND adds Dragonite.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
To be quite honest, Iris catching one and the fact that the Dragonite is unique for it's personality and disposition does kind of put him up there.

Sad though, that there's still Mewtwo, 5th Gen, and I suppose Meowth (but screw him; gimme Dragonite) to take priority.

Loophile with Iris w/ Axew, 2nd stage Dragon or Druddigon, Dragonite then? :troll: Covers both 5th Gen AND adds Dragonite.
Tbh, if you talked to me in Melee times, I would of said, "**** that ****ing clone. Dragonite is a ****ING GOD!". It's ****ing true. :awesome:

But did you know Champion Iris doesn't even HAVE a Dragonite? See here.

So, if for some magical reason, Iris DOES take a spot and has Dragonite, it would prove that Sakurai DOES consider the anime.

Not that it hasn't been proven already, BUUUUUUT that's debatable.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I know she doesn't....but still. It wouldn't be completely random.

Like it is for her to use a Lapras in B/W2. I mean really? Not only does it contradict with her anime personality of fearing Ice types, but why would a Dragon trainer use an Ice type to begin with? Let alone one that doesn't even resemble a dragon.

ShinjiK

Smash Rookie
I know Gen III is far behind us, but I want Deoxys in. He's almost like Mewtwo, only better and there's a lot more that can be done with his formes.

The only way he could be in would be Ruby Sapphire remakes on 3DS. Hmm...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Yeah, I know she doesn't....but still. It wouldn't be completely random.

Like it is for her to use a Lapras in B/W2. I mean really? Not only does it contradict with her anime personality of fearing Ice types, but why would a Dragon trainer use an Ice type to begin with? Let alone one that doesn't even resemble a dragon.
Also note she also uses an Aggron and an Archeops.

I know Gen III is far behind us, but I want Deoxys in. He's almost like Mewtwo, only better and there's a lot more that can be done with his formes.

The only way he could be in would be Ruby Sapphire remakes on 3DS. Hmm...
I'm left and right with Deoxys. Mewtwo is so much better than him.

D

Deleted member

I can forgive Aggron and Archeops as dinosaurs are typically associated with dragons for some wierd reason. And neither are Ice type. Iris using Lapras is like Misty using something like Arcanine or Bellossom. Or if we want to bring anime personality into it, something like Galvantula.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Dinosaurs are usually associated with dragons because it is theorized that finding of dinosaur bones is what inspired tales of many of the mythic animals. Especially dragons

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think that dibosaurs are associated with dragons because it is
un
scientific fact that T-rexes could fly, breath fire, and sang s**tty songs about freindship.

for serious, though, Dragon Trainer of some kind would be super.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom