• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lisbon Bi-Weekly Double Pools

Flayl

Smash Hero
You can't reach me at 2:30 AM, lol.

Anyway Blue Lightning said something that makes plenty of sense, we should have a meeting on the 19th, since it's right before the tournament and it's already in the holidays.

The questions is do we skip this week's biweekly or do both meetings?

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
You can't reach me at 2:30 AM, lol.

Anyway Blue Lightning said something that makes plenty of sense, we should have a meeting on the 19th, since it's right before the tournament and it's already in the holidays.

The questions is do we skip this week's biweekly or do both meetings?
I'd like to keep both but I have a favor to ask you guys... Could we move it the next bi-weekly to saturday instead of sunday? My parents want to go somewhere sunday, and they'll be quite upset if I don't come with them. However, if that doesn't work for you guys, I'll still come. Just saying.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I really REALLY can't come Saturday, so I'd prefer Sunday, yeah.

Flayl, what tournament? There will be a tournament soon? You mean Nintendo Dreamers? It was postponed to February, lmao :lol:

Is Blue Lightning scheduled to come, too?

Flayl

Smash Hero
I really REALLY can't come Saturday, so I'd prefer Sunday, yeah.

Flayl, what tournament? There will be a tournament soon? You mean Nintendo Dreamers? It was postponed to February, lmao :lol:

Is Blue Lightning scheduled to come, too?

O torneio no Norte

lmao

Flayl

Smash Hero
Too much suckage with Bowser today.

KF 2 - 1 BigLord
RAGE! 2 - 0 NGFC
Flayl 2 - 0 BigLord
KF 2 - 0 Flayl
NGFC 2 - 1 BigLord
KF 2 - 1 NGFC
RAGE! 2 - 0 Flayl
BigLord 2 - 1 RAGE!
NGFC 2 - 1 Flayl
KF 2 - 0 RAGE!

1st KF 4-0
2nd RAGE! 2-2
2nd NGFC 2-2
4th Flayl 1-3
4th BigLord 1-3

NGFC 2 - 1 Flayl
RAGE! 2 - 1 KF
NGFC 2 - 0 BigLord
Flayl 2 - 0 RAGE!
BigLord 2 - 0 Flayl
KF 2 - 1 BigLord
BigLord 2 - 0 RAGE!
RAGE! 2 - 0 NGFC
KF 2 - 0 Flayl
KF 2 - 0 NGFC

1st KF 3-1
2nd NGFC 2-2
2nd BigLord 2-2
2nd RAGE! 2-2
4th Flayl 1-3

1st KF 7-1
2nd NGFC 4-4
2nd RAGE! 4-4
3rd BigLord 3-5
4th Flayl 2-6

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
**** I sucked today. And worst of all, I almost won against King Funk, and the same thing against NGFC.

If only I wasn't so... nervous! And when I say nervous, I mean pissed off, and when I say pissed off, I mean RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE.

My controller sucks.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499

NO THAT'S MAH LINE!

:chuckle: admit it, you laughed.

I'll keep practicing both my :falcon: and my :metaknight: ... and if I really go to the tournament, I WILL need the practice!

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Mr. Burned finally contacted me. Almost everything is settled!

I can't wait! This should be fun. Oh, but we can't forget about the last bi-weekly before christmas. Where is it going to be?

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Depends when it is. I'm going Canada for 2/3 weeks in the Summer so ejfwqelgte4qngqelkgt

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
If it was in august, all the football scene would hav settled down n it would b easier to convince the tv companies.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Yes, I forgot about the football world cup lol.

Just had some practice rounds/duels with Flayl. Let's just say I hope he doesn't main R.O.B. when in the Tournament itself :urg:

NatP

Smash Ace
Ok guys, I'm going to TRY and come to atleast one smashfest this time. No promises or anything, but I'll try. Need to brawl offline more.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Digo-te já que ultimamente só temos tido biweeklies com cerca de 4 pessoas, vê lá se gastas um dinheirão só para isso :X

Faz mais sentido caçar gente da zona nos fóruns portugueses, diz-lhes que lhes ensinas a jogar e eles não perdem dinheiro com isso lol.

NatP

Smash Ace
Pois, mas a última vez que tentei combinar uma smashfest em minha casa, ninguém pôde vir. :/ E mesmo que tivessem vindo, era só o Maverick e o NGFC que iriam. Portanto já nem sei...

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
A cena aí em cima tá 1 pouco morta.
Têm mesmo k convencer gente a jogar brawl. Mas eu sei como isso é dificil :/

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Tá mesmo morta, dos inscritos no torneio acho que metade se inscreveram só porque nós fizemos pressão para isso :\

Mas é pena, realmente treinar online =/= treinar offline. Boa sorte, NatP. Se puderes dar aqui um saltinho ao sul espero que consigamos ter por cá mais gente.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
So, the next BW its at my place, right?
I say at Jan 10th. After the new year parties n all that. U guys agree?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I agree. Even though I'll miss brawling with you guys :( bots are so easy to kill... it's not fun at all.

Ah well I guess I'll just take some snapshots then. And make stages. Speaking of stages, what do you say we try out for a custom stage that is tournament legal?

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of stages, what do you say we try out for a custom stage that is tournament legal?
Thats very dificult :/ Not the stage making, but the acceptation of the stage.
I mean, then the creator would hav to send it to all wiis taking part, blah blah blah. Its a bit too confusing. Thats y I think that the rest of the smash community wouldnt like it (altough I couldnt care less if they did or not :p)

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Actually, it's pretty simple: send the stage via the internet instead of sending through the smash service. It's a lot easier, I've downloaded some stages from BrawlSnapshots in this manner, and they ROCK!

I have another suggestion: my commentary of the tournament sucked. How about we comment on a bi-weekly match, just for practice? So we can have a better commented match later.

... and maybe we'll get a WOMBO COMBOOOO

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Here are the stages I created that were meant for tournament matches:

Triforce (click to download)
Tiny stage
3 different snapshots of the stage: 1, 2, 3;

:( sadface (click to download)
Tiny stage
3 different snapshots of the stage: 1, 2, 3;

A guide to using downloaded stages appears after clicking on the download link.

Could any of you guys please test them? I think they're ok, but I created them so my opinion is a moot point here.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Look, not trying to be rude. I appreciate the work you've done on those stages, as I have done many myself. But if we allowed custom stages into tournament play, it would lead to complete chaos. Everyone would put out of nowhere to send their crazy suggestions. When you told me about creating stages, I thought you were actually creating stage textures. I know the difference between the stages you made, and the regular stages we play on isn't big, but still, allowing custom stages would allow everyone to create a broken stage for themselves. So I'm sorry.

You should post them on that section dedicated to custom stages on smashboards.

Flayl

Smash Hero
O primeiro depende, se é possível saltar/atacar pelas plataformas dentro então tudo bem, senão não. Permite a uma personagem fugir durante a maior parte do combate e cria tectos. Tectos permitem a ume personagem resistir KO muito mais do que deviam através do Smash DI e teching (quando és atingido, smash o control stick para cima e carrega no escudo).

O segundo também depende de quão fácil é uma personagem fugir durante o combate. Consigo imaginar o Wario e Metaknight a serem completamente intocáveis, mas isto é só teoria.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Answering to both of you guys...

KF, I understand why you're worried and regardless of that I'm actually pretty pleased you guys noticed my effort, that's enough for it to be worth it.
And about that concern of yours, I tried to be as neutral as possible while creating the stage. My personal rules are:

- No walls. That would create a chance for infinites, and we can't have that, can we?

- To give a straight answer to Flayl's question, no ceilings or solid platforms. I also hate Pit's stage, where you can basically f-smash into a downwards spike because of those solid platforms. And yes, teching can be a godsend in stages like (zelda) Temple, for example;

- No crazy elaborate stages. At least not yet, we need simple ones so we have fair games.

- I've performed god-so-many testing to ensure that the stages haven't got a very high ceiling or a very low ceiling: it has to be just fine. I've also concluded that the stage boundaries are quite acceptable, almost the same as Battlefied, and if they actually aren't acceptable they can be easily changed;

In any case, KF you're assuming that allowing custom stages means allowing EVERY custom stage. I don't want that to happen and I don't think anyone else wants that. What I DO WANT is having certain community-approved stages to be used as counterpick or starter stages. Of course, they don't have to be mine. I created tons of chaotic custom stages, they aren't fit for tournament play, but these are because I wanted to start this thing and create something fit for tourneys. Custom stages can be good for tournament play, if they're pre-approved by us, on this forum or wherever.

Aaaand that's why I wanted you guys to try those 2 stages out. To approve/disapprove their use. I know, too soon, but hey it was worth the try :p

@Flayl: o 1º é completamente normal, parece-se até com um Battlefield e as plataformas são "atravessáveis". A única coisa de que eu não estava à espera é que os personagens podem bater nas plataformas inclinadas (assim: -----> / ou assim \ <------ ) e safarem-se de um KO quase certo. Não é muito comum, mas acontece.

O 2º, o " :( ", é mais criativo devido às rodas, mas confesso que nem me tinha lembrado disso, de pessoal a fugir. De qualquer maneira não é suposto haver uma regra para evitar stalling? Heh, mas pensando bem, e parecendo que não, as rodas ainda estão um bocado altas, se uma personagem fugisse lá para cima a outra personagem podia facilmente dar-lhe com um upwards spike (por exemplo, uair da Zamus) e as coisas não ficavam bonitas.

Golden Ike

Smash Apprentice
Eu até te percebo. Mudar 1 pouco as coisas, pra n ser sempre os mesmos stages. Mas apesar d td, há sempre pekenas coisas k n se notam mas k acabam por incomodar alguem :/

Top Bottom