• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Look Pimpin UK! - Next date confirmed!

The Filth

Smash Lord
I'll bring my wii, because anyone who doesn't support this to their full extent is a ****ing ******, and I will be having words.

Also lol'ing at the Flakers list, this must be expanded upon. We have a ranking of performance, why not have a flakers ranking? Its always the same names anyway, if we do this at least we have a number to taunt dem foo's with

Edit:

ALSO, **** YOU ALL.

You made me doubt myself, you made me even consider dropping my best character to have "fun". WTF did you do to me? Christ.

You are ALL getting tilted to **** for this, and theres not a god**** thing any of you can do unless y'all named keith andy or callum. ***** *****s.

Edit 2: 100% approval of the name.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Oh **** son it's in King's Cross?

Willz confirmed?

Switch my status to a hell yeah.

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
i need to acquire money and need to know if marni wants to come still, but yeah it's looking likely. =]

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
have you sorted out tv's bmack? i dont know any brawler that will beable to bring a tv

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Fuzzy just said last night that he's away for the whole tourney weekend, so I cant use his Tvs...
I can dredge up 3 TVs on my own if I pull all my resources together and borrow one from my friend, but thats the best I can do by myself. I'm constantly making calls and trying to get more Tvs... this would be a whole different story if MTR was coming ffs.

Good sh*t on bringing your Wii Darran. appreciate it.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
good thread bmack and good name xD , PICTOCHAT HELL YEA

cant u collect like 4 tvs from fuzzys during this week or something? if u have a freind that can drive then give him tvs back after the tourny or a little bit after?

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Id bring a TV but since im already bringing my Wii and Laptop, i definatly wouldnt be able to haha, besides i cba bringing a tv by coach.

Also id also like to reccomend:

# Rainbow Cruise
# Pokémon Stadium 2
# Jungle Japes
# Norfair

Since they are in the same groupstage as Pictochat, aka just as balenced.

Ohh yeah you cant quote the post either B.Mac, which sux. Why has Cong flaked? He said he was going the other day.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
# Pokémon Stadium 2
# Jungle Japes

no and no , RC and norfair is fine tho although i recomend only RC

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Japes and Norfair were considered the most un-balenced due to it being possible to die early from the stage.

Pokemon Stadium 2, Pictochat and Rainbow Cruise were all equall, nothing on Pokemon Stadium 2 can harm you, the Ice and Wind isn't a big deal at all, infact some ppl have this as a starter stage haha, but i definatly support it of it Picto etc is to be allowed. Pictochat has more major things on it than Pokemon Stadium 2, although they dont last as long, there still pretty equal. Rainbow Cruise you all know.

But personally id ban them all.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
i want RC to be allowed even though im not going to CP it just it helps some chars if ppl are vsing me ,

i want picto chat just so i can see a sonic go from tree to tree , DO IT AGAIN

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I intentionally included Pictochat as it is an immensly cool stage and its a legit CP. I also dont mind RC or Norfair and those are awesome stages for Wario, so thats not why I have them banned, but a lot of people get gayed on those stages so I have decided to ban them. of course if two players agree to play on 75m in their tourney match then they may do so, but it is not a counterpick. get my drift? ;)

@Andy, We have no problem with Wiis, so a TV would be preferable for you to bring if you have an LCD one that'll be easier to carry...
Cong PM'd me saying he and Minh arent coming anymore, I asked why, but he didnt tell.

@Filth: you are godly for posting that link. looking into that now.

@Rickerdy yeah you can literally walk back to the station and get your train back if you want, or you can come back to the Bmack Pad with the rest of the cool kids ;)

@Calzorz Fuzzy says I cant use his TVs because he's not in London that weekend and he doesnt want me to collect the TVs from the caretaker since the caretaker doesnt know me.

EDIT: due to excessive flaking I might cancel the venue and just do singles/doubles at my house.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
@Rickerdy yeah you can literally walk back to the station and get your train back if you want, or you can come back to the Bmack Pad with the rest of the cool kids ;)

EDIT: due to excessive flaking I might cancel the venue and just do singles/doubles at my house.
I dunno, it depends if you're all dirty rapists and wish to take advantage of me I can't find a reasonable train back to York

I'm still not sure if I'm coming yet because I'm scared I'm supposed to be preparing a group presentation and I'm not sure if they'll need me. If I tell them I'm not there though I can probably get away with it. Also, it's gonna cost me around £60 (yes I have got it right this time) on the train (not sure how much a taxi to and from the station would be) which is...not exactly good - it's more than how much I'm trying to spend weekly at Uni. That kind of money can buy me lots of tasty meals and nights out. I'm also concerned about the changing times and doubts about the venue. I don't want to buy tickets only to find out the date/venue has changed

If the train tickets were cheaper I'd be there but atm, I'm probably going to have to pull out...again. This is looking to be one of the best Brawl organized thingys I've seen in a while though so I'd definitly love to go but cost is quite an issue for me atm

:064:

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Fuzzy the £7 venue fee is bcos I was factoring having a taxi to move your TVs... I'd rather reduce the venue fee last minute than raise it. so I've set it at worst-case scenario. on the day it'll probably be £5 or less. If Melee was included in this, venue fee would be £2 or £3. I have to cover £115 at least. the venue can take up to 60 people. if 15 people show up(curent number of confirmed) @£7 each thats £105 and I will have to pay the difference. I dunno if you can see my logic now.
wasnt 10-days notice, the date was up on Andy's thread since last weekend.
You're doing f*ck-all to help so stop making snide comments.

Rickerdy: its cool, just come to the next one which will probably be in Birmingham.

I have booked the venue... but I havent paid for it yet. meaning the venue is mine for the day even if someone else comes to try use it. but I before I pay, I want to hear from you guys what you think. venue or my house which would be easier and cheaper for everyone(especially me) and it's on the same line as King's cross, just 5 stops up. idk... Its really not fun sticking my neck out for this community.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Yeah tbh the B.Mac confirmed like 20 days or so in advance, would been even more if he kept with the proper date. I think the date sitll should have been on the 4th.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
ffs, why didnt anybody say anything before I changed the date then?
I'm due to pay for the venue on Monday so you guys better speak up before then. I wanna have definite, 100% figures by then so I know whether to go ahead with the venue.

welcome to how it feels being a host, hoping people come :s
its not so much that I'm hoping people come, I'm doing a favour for the community, and if people dont come and they screw me over, then I'm never hosting again and everyone will have to wait around for Fuzzy's melee monthlies and hope brawl gets tacked onto it.

I am offering to host at least one event every month on a non-profit basis, but if you guys cant appreciate the fact that I'm doing you a favour and show some f*cking support then to hell with this community.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
ffs, why didnt anybody say anything before I changed the date then?
I'm due to pay for the venue on Monday so you guys better speak up before then. I wanna have definite, 100% figures by then so I know whether to go ahead with the venue.

its not so much that I'm hoping people come, I'm doing a favour for the community, and if people dont come and they screw me over, then I'm never hosting again and everyone will have to wait around for Fuzzy's melee monthlies and hope brawl gets tacked onto it.

I am offering to host at least one event every month on a non-profit basis, but if you guys cant appreciate the fact that I'm doing you a favour and show some f*cking support then to hell with this community.
this is what happens when you dont organize properly.i understand your doing the community a favour but you didnt go about it in the right way.first of all you announced this way too late.20 days is not nearly enough time to give notice, plus not all the brawlers in london go on smashboards regularly, alot dont even go on at all.another issue is that you put a small uk monthly in the european tournament discussion.it would have been fine just to post it in the regional discussion where most uk smashers would have seen it.

the main issue was the time frame.you didnt give enough time for the word to get around or the notice for people to keep the day free.if you do plan on doing this again make sure you plan/ ask around before trying to host a decent sized tournament.

also players like calzors and anaky wont travel down if you just do a small tourney/smash fest at your house, so its up to you what you decide.

Calzorz

Smash Lord
if it gets a turnout of 15 ppl with £5 entry for singles and is hosted at bmacs house friday till sunday with every1 there , that would be awsome il come for that , + i enjoy smashing wil lots of people

HOWEVER this is the first time uv talked to the guy who owns this venue if u cancel now it will make u look bad in the future ?

i think bmack has done a good job no1 else did jack **** over months? give bmack the credit he deserves by trying to get this to work , 20 days is more than enough notice , im from s****horpe and 20 days is enough londoners dont have an excuse unless there REALLY busy on the day / got something else to do planned before he announced it its been like 3 months since last tourny? or 2 i dono , so i think people should just turn up and be thankful for bmack hosting

i will come if its at bmacs house or the venue as long as 15 others do , also i think kasper is coming he popped on msn the other day and i had a quick word with him , i am not 100% if hes coming but i got the impression he was

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Ok im gonna agree that it wa short notice, and it definatly wasnt possible to get it round to every1 in time, but also when you annouce something, and say its not for another 2month, people jsut say maybe il see what i can do, therefore you have like 3 ppl confirmed and like 20 saying maybe.

Just forget all that now, lets see what numbers we have by sat/sunday.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I didnt do it because I wanted to host a tourney, I did it because YOU were supposed to be hosting and you werent doing anything about it, and everyone was just standing around waiting for you to do something and all you would do iscome on SmashUK every other day and say "i'm busy" or "Fuzzy hasnt replied"
I organised this because people said they wanted a smash event this year and personally I think its disgraceful to this community if we have 3 small tournaments per year and we call ourselves "active".
I dont expect hundreds of people to show up. but I'm saying that people shouldnt make me pay for a venue with less than 20 showing up because I will lose too much money for that. 20 people is not a lot to ask for, especially as most of us live in/around London. those who live far away such as Rickerdy, I'm sorry. but there was really nothing I could do about that.
CRZ you live right here in London so I dont see why ur complaining.
If I do it at my house there is no difference, the only difference is that its gonna be cheaper for everyone and I dont have to waste money on a venue thats gonna be empty.
Calzorz has said he'll come and Keith/Andy seem to be on board too.
Also, information about this has been available for about 2 weeks now, I only just made this thread 2 days ago because I wanted to use the tournament listings for the next one which I will hopefully do.

nah, it will be cool with the guys I'm getting the venue from, I havent spoken to the manager yet, just the receptionist. If I cancel it wont be a big deal. I'll book it again for March or so next year, maybe one of their larger halls bcos I hope to do a Melee+Brawl one with Kone if he's willing.
Thanks for the support Calzorz. I appreciate it.

when you annouce something, and say its not for another 2month, people jsut say maybe il see what i can do, therefore you have like 3 ppl confirmed and like 20 saying maybe.
This. people generally dont start seriously considering if they're coming or not until 2 weeks or so. even if you get told 6 months in advance, your project deadlines arent gonna change, your mum's birthday isnt gonna change(lol GP) so the only real difference it makes that it's short notice is for people who have to book tickets far in advance.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
I didnt do it because I wanted to host a tourney, I did it because YOU were supposed to be hosting and you werent doing anything about it, and everyone was just standing around waiting for you to do something and all you would do iscome on SmashUK every other day and say "i'm busy" or "Fuzzy hasnt replied"
I organised this because people said they wanted a smash event this year and personally I think its disgraceful to this community if we have 3 small tournaments per year and we call ourselves "active".
I dont expect hundreds of people to show up. but I'm saying that people shouldnt make me pay for a venue with less than 20 showing up because I will lose too much money for that. 20 people is not a lot to ask for, especially as most of us live in/around London. those who live far away such as Rickerdy, I'm sorry. but there was really nothing I could do about that.
CRZ you live right here in London so I dont see why ur complaining.
If I do it at my house there is no difference, the only difference is that its gonna be cheaper for everyone and I dont have to waste money on a venue thats gonna be empty.
Calzorz has said he'll come and Keith/Andy seem to be on board too.
Also, information about this has been available for about 2 weeks now, I only just made this thread 2 days ago because I wanted to use the tournament listings for the next one which I will hopefully do.
stop talking bull. i asked fuzzy and he didnt reply. after that it was too late for me to book so i didnt ask .furthermore i didnt pusuie it for a later date because i wll be too busy in december. i did not keep giving excuses, so dont give rants on things you know little about, you dont know what ive been doing to get **** sorted.this was just ment to be a trial run, i always planned on hosting in january, its not my fault if no one else wanted or could host before jan.

the uk is a very small community.it takes some people time money and planing to come to monthlies which i dont think you quite understand.its alot easier for us to come than say GP and Slurpz. my point is that you did not consider this properly, you jumped into the deep end before seeing if everyone got the message that you were actually hosting, people dont go online 24/7 especially to smashboards in regional/tournament discussion. no one made you pay, talking to three or four people was not enough.I appreciate you trying but if your going to host, do it right.

im not complaining for me, it makes no difference for me, im just outlining that its not just the comunitys fault that people arnt confirmed, its partly your fault too.theres no point in you complaining considering only about 5 uk players have seen this, so its pointless.

mostlikely less people will come if its at your house, the best thing you can do is do the tournament at the venue, learn from your experiances, plan better next time.up to you tho, its your money.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
ok you dont even know why I was complaining in the first place. only Calz and Anaky really know why.
I quite clearly said in my post that the timing was too short for people who live far away and have to make huge travel plans such as Rickerdy, and I'm not screwing at him if he doesnt come. I'm only complaining at:
1 - people who said they wanted a tourney, and then arent coming
2 - people who confirmed, and then cancelled for illegitimate reasons.
Hoe4u has work, I aint mad. I'm not gonna make Rickerdy pay £60 to come down for smash. MTR has band practice, and I didnt even complain at him.

I'm picking the venue or my house BASED on the number of confirmed. if it's at least 20 confirmed by Sunday, then I'll get the venue, if it's less than, I wont be able to cover the cost of the venue and I really dont see why there is so much fuss about doing it at a venue. a tournament is a tournament. If I can get a free venue I'll definitely choose that, but atm the only free venue available to me is my house. My house can take 15 smashers at a time without it being cramped.

are you still coming CRZ? I'd like you to, but I get the feeling that you wouldnt want to anymore lol. Its nothing personal, just been really stressed out these past few days.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
lol Yeah duh, I hear you're like one of the best in UK now. Keith always comes crying to me about your Marth, good **** lmao

Top Bottom