• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MA Power Rankings (melee)/General Discussion

Spife

Smash Master
if we do bias then we need to keep in mine how hard I sand bag twenty fo seven and that i'm really the best in ma.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Swiss = consecutive rounds with no eliminations where players are paired against other players with similar records.

i.e. round 1 everybody plays a random opponent. Round 2, every 1-0 person plays another 1-0 person. Same with 0-1 people. Round 3, 2-0 people play other 2-0 people, same with 1-1 people and 0-2 people, et cetera, et cetera.

At the end of however many rounds, people can be ranked based on their records and the records of the people they beat. I don't see why you couldn't just declare a winner at the end of the swiss rounds, but it's more common to seed the top (insert power of 2) in a bracket.

It's a wonderful format, imo.

otg

Smash Master
Swiss = consecutive rounds with no eliminations where players are paired against other players with similar records.

i.e. round 1 everybody plays a random opponent. Round 2, every 1-0 person plays another 1-0 person. Same with 0-1 people. Round 3, 2-0 people play other 2-0 people, same with 1-1 people and 0-2 people, et cetera, et cetera.

At the end of however many rounds, people can be ranked based on their records and the records of the people they beat. I don't see why you couldn't just declare a winner at the end of the swiss rounds, but it's more common to seed the top (insert power of 2) in a bracket.

That is really ****. Why don't people use this format anymore?

ZoSo

Smash Champion
It's requires a lot of time and attention because nobody ever gets eliminated.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I think round robin is probably better for the numbers we'd be dealing with.

They ran swiss at GS2, actually. It's also the most common format for MtG tourneys, which can get huge.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
I was convinced the tearms were interchangeable.
Nope.

Agreed this is ****.

i knew switzerland was good for something
Chocolate, babes, army knives, neutrality and awesome tournaments. Switzerland is great.

Spife

Smash Master
Yo I'm the pannel and my list is
Spife
Spife
Spife
SleepyK
KirbyKaze
And last
Spife

And last is a player on wc.

This is based on brackets of infallibility.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
My contribution:

1. KoreanDJ
2. Hayato
3. Nuro
4. KrazyJones
5. Jinx
6. Bob beng
Lol at finding this.

Ironically I've played Nuro and Jinx recently (Bob won't touch it though). Might be playing Hayato this weekend. I think KDJ is always the noted #1.

I played Krazy Jones at my first tournament I ever entered from Smashboards, he wrecked.

Elen

Smash Lord
I'm trying really hard to make it to some events guys, but it just hasn't been working out. Sometime soon Trees and I will make it to things and beat some MA faces in. I miss you guys. Everyone should just come to my apartment more.

In general, I've always thought power rankings are silly, don't make sense, and cause 100% negative feelings (regardless of whether they 'accurate' or not), but do what you guys want. Just remember, one day KDJ will be back to put all of us in our places :]

Roman.

Smash Champion
I'm trying really hard to make it to some events guys, but it just hasn't been working out. Sometime soon Trees and I will make it to things and beat some MA faces in. I miss you guys. Everyone should just come to my apartment more.

In general, I've always thought power rankings are silly, don't make sense, and cause 100% negative feelings (regardless of whether they 'accurate' or not), but do what you guys want. Just remember, one day KDJ will be back to put all of us in our places :]
i miss you and phil sooo much!!!

lets have a smashfest at your apartment or something!!! <3

Elen

Smash Lord
i miss you and phil sooo much!!!

lets have a smashfest at your apartment or something!!! <3
Dude. Definitely. How about sometime this week? Thursday is good for me, but I don't know how busy your week is. Call/text me about it. Also....big news.

Philip is like 90% going to MILK. Arc and I have yoyo competing to do though.

Roman.

Smash Champion
Dude. Definitely. How about sometime this week? Thursday is good for me, but I don't know how busy your week is. Call/text me about it. Also....big news.

Philip is like 90% going to MILK. Arc and I have yoyo competing to do though.
arc told me he's been doing it lately, i wanna see both of you do this...

better be for $$ too

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Yo can I be number #10 on the rankings for having an awesome Mewtwo?
Just thought I'd throw that out there.
-DD

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i'd like to see the progress between you two since the only time i m2 ditto'd bothaya was at ctcon.

btw Closeby sounds like a sidekick type character
"Closeby, fetch me my coffee."

Top Bottom