• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junahu

Smash Ace
MasterWarlord used HYPERWALLOFTEXT
CRITICAL HIT
SUPER EFFECTIVE
MAGIKARP fainted
MasterWarlord gained 2168 Exp
MasterWarlord LEVELED UP
MasterWarlord wants to learn SHORTERPOSTS. Forget a move to make room for SHORTERPOSTS?
MasterWarlord did not learn SHORTERPOSTS.​

I'm just kidding. That was a great SSE

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
That SSE was an epic win. I really like how the ending was incorparated. I espicially like my characters roles. It was really awesome.

I'm in awe as well......

EDIT: I'm done chapter 1 of my SSE. The link's in mah sigg.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
EDIT = Jesus Christ, 'Warlord. You ...ons), and this is pretty awesome stuff, mang.
If you want to know how I manage to have the time to come up with this sort of stuff, it's the fact that I'm still in High School (Senior this year) and more importantly the fact that I'm home school. I'm able to do my assignments pretty quickly and don't have a lot of real life friends due to not having much of a chance to make them, leaving me with a massive amount of time where I can sit my bum down at the computer.

I just hope the heavy references to Super Paper Mario for Dimentio's role aren't too distracting for you, seeing you hate the game. While I did use the design you hated the most for True Dracula, I did you justice in incorpating several of Dracula's attacks into his boss moveset. Keep reading, it only gets better as it goes on.

To everyone else in general, thanks for the praise, I'm glad you all liked the ridiculous amount of work I put into that monster. Any comments on what you liked about the SSE would be appreciated.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Heh, masterful as always, to bad this is sure to overshadow everything for the next few pages... well regardless I'll least wait untill the next page to post so can we get a few awesomes for Warlord!?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I skimmed to get a feel for it, lacking the time for a read just now. Looks fantastic, I can't wait to go through it in detail. I love how half of my characters start rocking out in such a life-or-death situation, that's pure gold. Kudos to you.

Meadow

Smash Apprentice
Simply amazing, MasterWarlord. You've obviously put a lot of effort into it and I love how my character is in your story. The whole thing was written nicely, and it would make a great short story (Which it already is, of course).

On another note, I've just finished my Bard moveset after...3 weeks? But anyways, I think it turned out quite nicely, though of course I may have to make a few adjustments/fix a few typos/and add the Snake Codec conversation. It came out much better than my Doopliss moveset least, though maybe not as interesting.

Here it is : Click.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Epic... epic win as always MW... Certainly a chapter worthly of being called the endgame.

I lol'd at the Ashencroft, Nightmare, Sauron contest. Sauron definitely lost. :laugh:

I assume that this will be the last chapter? Or are you planning on writing a little epilogue (what happens to each character afterwards?)

Well, I won't write my next chapter today, otherwise it will be seriously ignored.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
If you want to know how I manage to have the time to come up with this sort of stuff, it's the fact that I'm still in High School (Senior this year) and more importantly the fact that I'm home school. I'm able to do my assignments pretty quickly and don't have a lot of real life friends due to not having much of a chance to make them, leaving me with a massive amount of time where I can sit my bum down at the computer.
So in other words...you have no life?
Now I know. And knowing is half the battle!

I just hope the heavy references to Super Paper Mario for Dimentio's role aren't too distracting for you, seeing you hate the game. While I did use the design you hated the most for True Dracula, I did you justice in incorpating several of Dracula's attacks into his boss moveset. Keep reading, it only gets better as it goes on.
Yeah, I finished reading it.

...And while I could go on a total rant about how something like that would never happen to Dracula, becauseit'ssimplynotinhisnaturetohavetwopersonalities.TheclosestyoucouldgettothatwouldbeSomaCruz'ssilly"reincarnationofDracula"thing, andinfactsomethingverymuchlikethathappenswithNeoDraculainDawnofSorrow,aswellastheBadEndofthatsamegame.Thenthere'sAriaofSorrow,whichrevolvedaroundthesameconcept,andwhileImyselfnevermanagedit,IbelievethereexistsanendinginthatgamewhereDracula"saves"youfrombeingenslavedbyanevilcult...

...and even though I just did go on a mini-rant about it (:bee:), I still enjoyed it. It's weird/refreshing seeing one of my favorite characters in all videogame-dom portrayed as something besides a protagonist. :chuckle:

Really, the entire last few chapters make me

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
^^ I know how that feels Chris

Anyway on topic, my SSE is coming up with ideas randomly in my head out of nowhere. I'll try my best to include everyone in it, but it's going to take a while. Chapter 2 is going to have Sagi, Mia, Maybe Cervantes, maybe Sir Christopher the third, and maybe someother lucky moveset.

I think i'll stop making movesets for 3.0 and just work on my SSE till i finish. If i finish my SSE early, then MAYBE i'll start working on another moveset, but probably not. I'll start working on sets when 4.0 starts.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
^^ I know how that feels Chris

Anyway on topic, my SSE is coming up with ideas randomly in my head out of nowhere. I'll try my best to include everyone in it, but it's going to take a while. Chapter 2 is going to have Sagi, Mia, Maybe Cervantes, maybe Sir Christopher the third, and maybe someother lucky moveset.

I think i'll stop making movesets for 3.0 and just work on my SSE till i finish. If i finish my SSE early, then MAYBE i'll start working on another moveset, but probably not. I'll start working on sets when 4.0 starts.
I would recommend that instead of making more movesets for this contest, you focus on improving the quality of your current ones as much as possible.

Shinon, for example, doesn't compare to Sagi (and Sagi has potential to be even better).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Chris Lionheart said:
I would recommend that instead of making more movesets for this contest, you focus on improving the quality of your current ones as much as possible.
I'd like to second this motion, and even go one step further and apply it to everyone, especially those of us that've been here since the start of the contest.

I myself have repeatedly gone back and changed a few things here and there. From simple spell checks to replacing whole moves, it's a good idea to apply what you've learned over the entirety of the thread to what you started with.

TheLoserKid said:
...you win, Mendez.
Don't I always? :bee:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
351 pages now... Okay, you know what, screw it...

I QUIT!!

This thread has far too much material for one man to review, even if I am that one man. I hope no one is too saddened by this, but I feel it's in the best interest of my health for the best. Therefore, from this point on, I will now be reviewing users by request.

me said:
reviewing users
lolwut?

Yes, in a last effort to do something different, I will not be reviewing movesets, but users as a whole. I will look at all of your movesets, and judge them relative to each other, as well as relative to general contest standards. What that means is that you can only request a review from me if you are completely done. Done making movesets, done updating your current movesets... Done! If you find yourself in a position of wanting to be evaluated, PM me, and be sure to include links to all your movesets, accompanied by the name of each entry. First come, first served. This way, I'll only be reviewing those who want it. I don't promise I'll stick to any type of timeline, but I'll try not to take too long on any one user.

PS: There will be no letter grades assigned now. I'm going to stick to comments.

PPS: This is experimental. Let's hope it works. If not, I'll resort to moveset reviews by request like everyone else.

PPPS: That SSE chapter was EPIC, Warlord!!

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Lol... dam you SirKibble... now I have to improve my movesets to prepare for your review. :laugh:

I just noticed that my name has changed from Yellow to White print... what does that mean?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
That's what I was hoping for. A little downtime while everyone fixes up their movesets. :grin:

I've now made the appropriate changes on my site, just so everyone knows.

'Cause I know you all want to meet my new friend.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Does the number of movesets affect your reviewing? Like if someone had 50 movesets and another had just 2..
2 good movesets is as good as 50 good movesets in my opinion. No one should be marked down for taking extra time on their movesets or coming into the contest late, in my opinion.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
How dare you mortals change the topic from my godly SSE so quickly?!? Thou shalt be smitten!

Seriously though, I'd really like some more detailed feedback on it. I think you can be troubeled to fully read the thing and type up a little about it when I made that giant monster. . .

So in other words...you have no life?
Now I know. And knowing is half the battle!

Yeah, I finished reading it.

...And while I could go on a total rant about how something like that would never happen to Dracula, becauseit'ssimplynotinhisnaturetohavetwopersonalities.TheclosestyoucouldgettothatwouldbeSomaCruz'ssilly"reincarnationofDracula"thing, andinfactsomethingverymuchlikethathappenswithNeoDraculainDawnofSorrow,aswellastheBadEndofthatsamegame.Thenthere'sAriaofSorrow,whichrevolvedaroundthesameconcept,andwhileImyselfnevermanagedit,IbelievethereexistsanendinginthatgamewhereDracula"saves"youfrombeingenslavedbyanevilcult...

...and even though I just did go on a mini-rant about it (:bee:), I still enjoyed it. It's weird/refreshing seeing one of my favorite characters in all videogame-dom portrayed as something besides a protagonist. :chuckle:

Really, the entire last few chapters make me
@Me having no life: It's not so much my choice as what happened to me. I'm hoping to up my real life in colledge when I can actually see people regularly. Really now, though, what else would I be doing with this time? Playing video games? Actually doing a good job on school? Blasphemey.

@Rest of the post: I know it's not realistic, but I wanted to give Dracula an important playable role and have him be playable for the final boss. That's the best I came up with, and I executed the concept quite well, dontcha think?

@GreatClayMonkey: That old judge who abandoned the topic is here, and it's about time too! And this time, he's in the mood! He'll make you smile when he plays his tune, but Kremlings beware, cause he's after you!

D. K. Donkey Kong. . .D. K. . .Donkey Kong is here. . .

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Me having no life: It's not so much my choice as what happened to me. I'm hoping to up my real life in colledge when I can actually see people regularly. Really now, though, what else would I be doing with this time? Playing video games? Actually doing a good job on school? Blasphemey.
No seriously: real life's over-rated. As long as you're enjoying life, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.

I don't have much of a social life, but like you, I can blame that on extenuating circumstances. I'm still enjoying my daily life, though, so why complain?

@Rest of the post: I know it's not realistic, but I wanted to give Dracula an important playable role and have him be playable for the final boss. That's the best I came up with, and I executed the concept quite well, dontcha think?
Yes, I do think, in case my mad GIF skillz didn't get that across.

You seriously do have some mad skillz. If there's an "official" SSE made anytime in the future, I know I'd want you to be the one writing it.

D. K. Donkey Kong. . .D. K. . .Donkey Kong is here. . .
...Actually, forget I said anything.

I think I'll just let SmashBrosMike write it instead. :psycho:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
How dare you mortals change the topic from my godly SSE so quickly?!? Thou shalt be smitten!
Sorry. . . I promise, I'll get around to it. It's just. . . It's really long, and I'm not exactly in the mood to read long things right now.

No seriously: real life's over-rated. As long as you're enjoying life, you're doing what you're supposed to be doing.

I don't have much of a social life, but like you, I can blame that on extenuating circumstances. I'm still enjoying my daily life, though, so why complain?
I don't have a very notable social life, either, but I can only blame that on the fact that I don't particularly want a serious one. I prefer a few really close friends to knowing every person in the Student Living Center's names, which is pretty much what happens if you're a real social butterfly. Besides, it's a lot more fun here, and there are really only a few people IRL that I'm not as close to as I wish I was.
One female in particular. . .
So I'm generally satisfied with my balance between internetz and real life, skew as it may be.

You seriously do have some mad skillz. If there's an "official" SSE made anytime in the future, I know I'd want you to be the one writing it.
Seconded.

...Actually, forget I said anything.

I think I'll just let SmashBrosMike write it instead. :psycho:
O.o

Mendez! That is absolutely ridiculous! Why didn't I think of it. . .?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Oh...God. I mean...I guess. Like, who am I to judge a book by it's cover, but...geez, that's the best you could do?

Not to be a d*ck or anything man, but I think you need to raise your standards a little, man. Seriously, clicking that link...I could feel my bowels loosen. :urg: loljk good luck w/that
Clever, Mendez, clever. ;)

Putting a link on my spoiler'd text... Nasty fat hobbit...
And I'm not sure if I'm talking about you or that creature when I say that

Hmm... Let's see... *looks*... Blast! I don't have any good pictures.

Well, I guess there is that one... If you guys want to see a few of my real life college buddies... A few of us making slightly bizarre faces... I guess... But considering most of you probably don't care for that, it'll probably suffice to say that thing is not her. Seriously, people, check the original post. No linkage. ;)

Lol. Thanks, man.

cutter

Smash Champion
This spawned from the "Perfect Moveset" when someone recommended me to put this here on MYM 3.0. Here we go then:

Proteus

Proteus is made of an unknown sliver-colored ectoplasma that allows him to morph into whatever he wants to. At rest, he is a humanoid as seen above. His powerful brain has assimilated the best possible traits and moves designed for combat. Even Metaknight trembles at the sight of this monster.

Attributes
Walk: (Sonic)
Dash: (Sonic)
Crouch: (Kirby)
Crawl: (Snake)
Traction: (Mario)
Pivot: (Squirtle)
Weight: (Bowser)
1st jump: (Falco)
2nd jump: (Yoshi)
3rd jump: (Jigglypuff)
4th jump: (Jigglypuff)
5th jump: (Jigglypuff)
6th jump: (Jigglypuff)
Float: (Peach)
Glide: (Pit)
Fall Speed: (Mario)
Shield: (Bowser)
Roll: (Lucario)
Sidestep: (King Dedede)
Air Dodge: (Mario)
Grab: (Olimar-White)
Glide Toss: (G&W)
Aerial Movement: (Jigglypuff)
Passive Shield: (Link)
Aura: (Lucario)
Double: (Ice Climbers)

Moveset
Jab: (Ike)
Ftilt: (Snake)
Utilt: (Snake)
Dtilt: (Metaknight)
Dash Attack: (Diddy)

Nair: (G&W)
Fair: (Marth)
Bair: (G&W)
Uair: (G&W)
Dair: (Falco)
Zair: (Samus)
Gair: (Metaknight)

Fsmash: (Wolf)
Usmash: (Fox)
Dsmash: (Metaknight)

Neutral B: (Falco)
Side B: (Zelda)
Up B: (ROB)
Down B: (Diddy)

Grab Attack: (Kirby)
Fthrow: (Donkey Kong)
Bthrow: (Ness)
Uthrow: (Olimar-Purple)
Dthrow: (King Dedede)

Taunt #1: (Snake)
Taunt #2: (Luigi’s kick)
Taunt #3: (CF’s Show me your moves!)

Final Smash: Super Sonic

This guy is a fine-tuned killing machine. Some of the nasty stuff this guy can do:
Short-hop quadruple laser (SHQL): Thought Falco's SHDL was nasty enough? Wait until it's 4 lasers instead of 2.
Desynced lasers: ...Yeah -_-
Quad nanerz: Pretty self-explanatory.
Ridiculous damage racking: 2 Snake Ftilts for 42% in one go? Just the fact Proteus has a double beside him means this guy racks up damage like no one else.
DDD's infinite at a whole new level: Now with Olimar's grab range AND a double, Proteus can infinite MANY more characters with D3's Dthrow. He probably infinites every one that gets CGed by DDD in the first place.
Unquestionable survivability: Bowser's weight. JP's aerial movement. 6 jumps. A glide. Floating. ROB's Up B. If Proteus gets knocked off the stage somehow, he's coming back.
Best edgeguarding out there: Proteus easily can just say off stage for a very, very, very, VERY long time.

You can't stop this monster.
Put up your shield? You get infinited thanks to Proteus's grab and Dthrow.
Approach? You'll get rejected by Zairs, Bairs, Fairs, and a whole bunch more ridiculous moves.
Run away? Say hello SHQL and desynced Din's Fire.
Off the stage? You're not coming back. Ever.
Do even manage to damage Proteus? Well his aura will charge up, increasing his power to absolutely epic proportions.

Proteus for god tier.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
SirKibble said:
Meh, I'd care if you felt like posted it, but I'm not waiting with bated breath over here or anything. That aside, if you do start showing off stuff like that, you'd be better off in the Social Group.

cutter said:
This spawned from the "Perfect Moveset" when someone recommended me to put this here on MYM 3.0. Here we go then:
I'm scared.

Diddy's dash is inferior to Ivysaur's though. Also isn't that just a generic alien guy? Couldn't you apply that idea to some videogame character?

...Ditto, maybe?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Klone K. Rool joins the Brawl!

B: DK
B Side: Mario
B up: King Dedede
B down: Bowser

Final Smash: Meta Knight

A: Bowser
AA: Bowser
AAA: Bowser (None)
Ftilt: Wolf
Dtilt: Bowser
Utilt: Wolf
Dashing Attack: King Dedede

Fsmash: Snake (Blunderbuss)
Usmash: Snake (Blunderbuss)
Dsmash: Wolf

Fair: Bowser
Bair: Wario
Uair: Bowser
Dair: Ganondorf
Nair: King Dedede

Grab: King Dedede
Grab Jab: King Dedede
Dthrow: Bowser
Fthrow: Wolf
Bthrow: Wolf
Uthrow: King Dedede

K. Rool has more moveset potetional then your most wanted character. His moveset can actually be *gasp* interesting stealing other people's moves and not contradicting his character.

cutter

Smash Champion
Diddy's dash is inferior to Ivysaur's though. Also isn't that just a generic alien guy? Couldn't you apply that idea to some videogame character?
Diddy's is better at picking up bananas and has next to no cooldown afterwards. This is especially important when you're working with FOUR nanerz and G&W's glide toss. :)

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Meh, I'd care if you felt like posted it, but I'm not waiting with bated breath over here or anything. That aside, if you do start showing off stuff like that, you'd be better off in the Social Group.
For the heck of it, and because the Social Group is lacking in attention, I just might.

...Ditto, maybe?
I think you could argue with a lot of choices on there. I don't think there's a real distinct victor in a lot of categories.

But you remind me...

Ditto for Random button in SSB4. Seriously, a generic question mark? Come on, Sakurai!!

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Diddy's is better at picking up bananas and has next to no cooldown afterwards. This is especially important when you're working with FOUR nanerz and G&W's glide toss. :)
Well when you put it that way...nevermind.

Luigi's faces needs to be Taunt #2 though. And what's his Final Smash again?

Great Mind #2 said:
Ditto for Random button in SSB4. Seriously, a generic question mark? Come on, Sakurai!!
I was actually thinking the same thing as I posted that, but figured I might get yelled at for posting that outside of the SSB4 thread/group. :bee:

EDIT - OH MY GOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom