• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I lol'd hard Mendez.

Plus most of it's actually true :bee:

Cept for Mist being hot >.> lol
Mist is hot.... atleast if your thinking of her Radiant Dawn appearance.

So much better than the one Mendez posted. :)

Seriously TWIL.... if you are only attracted to girls with blue hair... then I think you will end up very lonely in life, with nothing but your many pictures of Mia to keep you company.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@KingK.Rool: Ok then, that's fine. I personally like to just have a move's description in the "move set" section, and then discuss the applications in the "strategy guide" section, but if you like your style better, then stick to it.

And with that said, I have to be going.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Mist is hot.... atleast if your thinking of her Radiant Dawn appearance.

So much better than the one Mendez posted. :)
Yeah well.....good point.

In POR, it looks like she barely hit puberty.

In RD, she looks a freaking hot teenager. :bee:
*is accused of being a pervert*

Also, i thought we all agreed to stop spamming. Also um, expect the next chapter of the SSE tomorrow or thursday. It's-a going to include characters that whom i have never heard of, and a LOT of people are going to be pissed.

Also, um i don't JUST like blue haired girls. I apparently like asian girls too. :dizzy:

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Whew... Happy to find my PM box in this condition after the past few pages...

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
It's too early for me even, I try to shoot for 4:30 to 5. Plus I have to worry about not waking Daddy, kind of like the game...except my daddy comes down and b*tches me out for waking him up, then immediately starts baby-talking to the dog. I swear sometimes, he loves the dog more than me. Then again, I love my dog more than I love a lot of people.

On topic, Aeneas' down B is gonna be his mother, Venus, sending some pigeons doves down to heal him by crapping on him. He'll use a sword, spear, and shield, and his final Smash will be a reenactment of the last scene in the Aeneid and thus an instant KO.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Ah, got it. I forget you're two hours ahead of me here...

Sounds like it'll be a good moveset. But now I'm thinking a spoof moveset needs Healing Crap from the pidgeons as a Down Special. :laugh:

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I think it was a good decent moveset. But it should have been more different from Ness and Lucas. Many of this Paula's moves are direct copies of either Ness or Lucas' moves but better versions of them. I like the idea of triangles, but then Paula would then have too much in common with Zelda and Link. Link and TL respectively because they use the 3 Triangles (Triforce) and I don't think Paula would fit in being triangular like Link and Toon Link are.

Ok guys. There has been 3 iterations of Paula before. Mine, PKSkylars and PKPower's. All three have been good in their own ways.
Is it possible for me or another person to do a 4th version of Paula, but combining all the previous ones from Kiki52, PKSkylar and PkPower's version into one mega version?I will credit these 3 individuals for each move that I put in the combined version if I ever am able to do this.

Or do I have to wait until MYM 4.0 if that will ever happen?

-PAULA-

Paula is an awesome character from Earthbound that I think should have made it into Brawl. My moveset is a semi clone like Lucas and Ness, but otherwise she is totally unique. All of her attacks have triangular shapes, similar to how Lucas has hexagons and Ness has circles.

STATS(out of 5)
Height-As tall as the other kids.
Weight- A tad heavier than Lucas.
Speed- As fast as Lucas. lol
Fall Speed- Pretty much the same as the other kids.
Recovery- 4

Abilities
crawl- no
wall jump-no
wall cling-no
glide-no
tether-no

Tilts

Jab: Paula sends some PSI energy out from her hands. Has a set knockback to that of about half of the distance Ness's Fthrow covers. Similar to Zelda's jab attack.
Ftilt: A quick double slap infused with psychic energy. I guess you could compare how it works to Snake's (not in knockback though).
Dtilt: she points her finger at the ground. If an enemy is there, they will get zapped and get spiked at a diagonal angle if they are off the edge (range is about as long as Ike's sword, spike is about as powerful as Wolfs). Hits in sort of a cone area. If the enemy is grounded it will knock them forward (with similar knockback of Lucas's Ftilt sweetspotted)
Utilt: Paula throws up her left hand and a zap of energy comes out of it.

Smashes

Fsmash: Paula smacks someone with her signature frying pan! She goes about doing this similar to how Ike does his Fsmash, right over her head. Has the knockback of Pika's Fsmash. Makes the noise peach's frying pan makes when it hits. DOES NOT REFLECT ITEMS!!! Counts as a disjointed hitbox, so you could cancel projectiles or other hitboxes with it. It comes out a little faster than Ness's bat, but a bit slower than Lucas's stick.
Dsmash: Paula focuses with all her might and thrusts her hands on either side of her, creating a huge blast of fire on either side of her. Has the knockback of Boozer's Dsmash (last frame).
Usmash: She holds her hands up, making a spinning triangle. Think Zelda's Usmash, but you are unable to DI out of it.

Air Moves

Nair: Does a psychic power charged sex kick.
Fair: Slaps the air from a 12 o clock position to an 8 o clock position with both of her hands, with psychic energy coming from her hands at an angle like Lucas's Bair. This is a spike, if you hit with the psychic energy then you spike them with the power of Lucas's spike.
Dair: Paula does a mid air flip and then points when her head is at the 6 o clock position and makes a Zelda Uair like explosion. She gets a mid air stall like Rob's Dair gives him, it has the knockback of Zelda's Uair and comes out just as quick also. For the animation think Wolf's Dair, with the explosion at the point of spiking.
Uair: The mid air headbutt. A clone of Ness's Uair essentially.
Bair: A drop kick with some psychic energy for more power. Has Luigi's Bair's knockback.

Specials

Neutral B: PSI Shield: Paula covers herself in PSI Shield. This comes out as fast as a counter. It stays on for 6 seconds, reflecting any projectiles. If you use it right as you are being attacked (like any other counter), the shield will explode in her face, turning her black but still showing her eyes (like Ness's entrance) doubling the damage and knockback of the countered attack leaving her helpless for 1 second afterwards. This counters projectiles too, so beware the lag. Activating this is also a mid air stall.

Side B: PK Fire. Paula throws a bolt of fire at the enemy. This is about as laggy as Lucas's. It has no initial damage, it only does damage and creates a pillar like Ness's. However the damage ticks twice as fast and is much harder to DI out of. If used in the air it will go straight, if B is tapped twice when you use this in the air it will go diagonally like Ness's.

Up B: PK Thunder. This is like Ness's in speed and the fact that you only hit once with it. However, instead of sending them up it sends the enemy down like an extremely weak spike. If you hit someone with the thunder itself mid air, she will not go into a state of helplessness. If you stage cancel it in midair she will not go into a state of helplessness. She will cover as much distance as Ness does with his PKT2. The knockback is set, throwing the enemy about 5 Meta knights opposite of the direction she hit them (yes that also means downward.). PKT2 makes her go into a state of helplessness. The thunder has no tail however.

Down B: PSI Magnet. Absorbs as much as Lucas's and coming out as fast as Lucas's, though it covers her whole body like it does Ness. This is an air stall.

Grabs/Throws

Grab: Think Ness.
Grab jab: Shocks the enemy with a small amount of energy, dealing 1% damage but with very rapid shocks.
Fthrow: Paula throws the enemy at an upward diagonal angle in front of her, making them stay in place and be helpless. Very soon after she nails them with a perfectly aimed PK Fire., also going diagonally up to where they are in place.
Bthrow: Forces the enemy backwards, similar knockback to D3's Bthrow.
Dthrow: Does a ZSS style dthrow, she body slams them with her butt and they go straight up.
Uthrow: Does an animation similar to Zelda's Usmash, but instead sending out frost and freezing them, making them go upward. They stay frozen for 4 seconds.

Final Smash: Pray. Paula prays with all her heart, asking for divine guidance. Her eyes start glowing and turns into a Wario man type form, all of her attacks are super powerful and she is invincible.

Taunts/Victories

Up taunt: Paula waves at the front of the screen.
Down taunt: Paula spins around, with psychic energy swirling around her.
Side taunt: Paula giggles.

Victory stance one: Paula points at random locations, making small explosions appear and then looking forward.
Victory stance two: Paula hovers in place and spins and smiles.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
I would like to make an announcment. As most of you know, TGP and I know each other, he beat me to the pg. 300 pg. He is now working on thwarting my attempts at making a Roxas moveset by beating me to the punch, si if ya'll don't mind, if he does, please boo him off the stage for me... Also, I curse you Iron Thorn, now that I'm putting detail into my characters (Roxas) I'm getting 8-10 lines. This means I'm going to have to....redo....m-y-y aaaaggg......my special project.......:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Is it possible for me or another person to do a 4th version of Paula, but combining all the previous ones from Kiki52, PKSkylar and PkPower's version into one mega version?I will credit these 3 individuals for each move that I put in the combined version if I ever am able to do this.
I'd say go for it, as long as credit is given where deserved. I'm not in charge of all this, though, so if you want to do it for MYM 3.0, Blitzkrieg's your go-to guy.

I would like to make an announcment. As most of you know, TGP and I know each other, he beat me to the pg. 300 pg. He is now working on thwarting my attempts at making a Roxas moveset by beating me to the punch, si if ya'll don't mind, if he does, please boo him off the stage for me... Also, I curse you Iron Thorn, now that I'm putting detail into my characters (Roxas) I'm getting 8-10 lines. This means I'm going to have to....redo....m-y-y aaaaggg......my special project.......:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(
Just make a better moveset than him. Simple enough. :)

And yay for detail. :laugh:

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Who the hell is this "TGP" anyway? If I don't know him, his movesets probably aren't worth mentioning. He'll probably make some crappy under detailed one. I'll be more then happy to rip him apart with criticism when he comes around. I'm your local Simon Cowell.

Actually managed to get a bit of real work done on Cortex and Tiny yesterday. The character's becoming more and more interesting as I write it up. Throws are done, two specials are done, a few attacks exclusive to the character are done (Not spoiling the mechanic yet.) and a few extras. Nothing much, but it's an actual start. I am in serious need of a down B though, and few of the attacks actually have any root in an actual video game. Any abilities these two have you'd like to see?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
TheSundanceKid said:
On topic: I'm going to do a joke Raiden moveset if anyone cares....
I definitely care. Far be it for me to request a serious Raiden moveset, but whatever...

In honor of this, and as a show of good faith, this shall be my final post of Naked Raiden.

Goodbye, you brave soul. We hardly knew ye. *sniff*​

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@MasterWarlord:

VB: "Planetary Minimizer": Cotex takes out a ray gin and starts charging for 1.5 seconds. After words he shoots a beam across the entire stage that lasts fr only a moment, but anyone hit in the beam is shrunk like a mini-mushroom. While the beam does have a slow charge time, Cortex can move again quickly after the beam is fired, allowing him to take advantage of any poor saps that couldb't avoid the beam.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
.... can anyone give me a non generic up tilt for Roxas...... seriously, I can't believe it's this hard to think of....

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Who are the helpers you're including, SirKibble? I know you've got Knuckle Joe and Sir Kibble, but who are the other two? Pretty sure you've already said this, but it's completely slipped my mind.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
.... can anyone give me a non generic up tilt for Roxas...... seriously, I can't believe it's this hard to think of....
It depends on how you're making Roxas. Is he all bada** and stuff, wielding both his keyblades, or is he stuck with the Kingdom Key and his basic combos?

If it's the former, you could use, for his Up Tilt, Overtaker: he hops upward and spins both keyblades like fans in front of him, dealing rapid hits but low damage and next to no knockback, plus there's lag at the end as he's retuning to the ground.

...But if it's the latter, how'z'bout...

360: Roxas pops slightly into the air as he does a quick lateral spin on his skateboard. Similar to Olimar's Up Tilt in execution, though it can link to his Neutral Air if the A button is pressed again while he's still airborne.

(Note: his Nair would be Airwalk or Kickflip, his two other skateboard "attacks", in that case)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
@Shadow5567: Ok, here's an idea:

"Precise Catch": Roxas throws his left sword a little bit into the air as it spins around. It ends up falling behind Roxas, and he catches it without even having to look back. While the sword is spinning, it can deal multiple hits, with each hit doing about 2% with a little bit of knockback. There's very little startup lag, making it a nice anti-air atack, but Roxas is vulernable from the sides until the move is over.

@KingK.Rool: Buggzy is confirmed for the helpers, and I think Bonkers is the last member, but I'm not sure.

Smasherk808

Smash Journeyman
Who are the helpers you're including, SirKibble? I know you've got Knuckle Joe and Sir Kibble, but who are the other two? Pretty sure you've already said this, but it's completely slipped my mind.

Here is the ppl in his moveset...

(Note: Sirkibble made this and posted it in the social group... i didn't make it)

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
So if Sir Kibble just gonna be a port from 2.0, or is he getting a new move set from scratch? Either way's fine by me, I'm just wondering.

SirKibble

Smash Champion

Here is the ppl in his moveset...

(Note: Sirkibble made this and posted it in the social group... i didn't make it)
What Smasherk said posted. That's my wonderful editing skillz. :p

@KingK.Rool: Buggzy is confirmed for the helpers, and I think Bonkers is the last member, but I'm not sure.
Bonkers was replaced by Bugzzy after Blitzkrieg announced plans for a Bonkers moveset.

So if Sir Kibble just gonna be a port from 2.0, or is he getting a new move set from scratch? Either way's fine by me, I'm just wondering.
I'll reuse a few things, but he's mostly going to be from scratch, probably. In any case, he might as well be, since he'll be much more detailed. Same goes for Knuckle Joe.

Ooooo, Bugzzy. Excellent. Now I'm looking forward to it more than ever.
Bugzzy is freaking awesome.

I actually just finished Knuckle Joe a little bit ago, so that's wonderful to have out of the way (and if anyone wants a sneak-peek, I'll be willing to PM, though I may have to cut some stuff or put it in multiple PMs...), and in case anyone's wondering, the way I've got these four worked out, as far as strengths and weaknesses, is like this:

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord
It's too early for me even, I try to shoot for 4:30 to 5. Plus I have to worry about not waking Daddy, kind of like the game...except my daddy comes down and b*tches me out for waking him up, then immediately starts baby-talking to the dog. I swear sometimes, he loves the dog more than me. Then again, I love my dog more than I love a lot of people.
Actually, if you wake Daddy up in the game, he BEATS you. He also makes you promise to tell your teacher that the bruises are from a baseball.
I definitely care. Far be it for me to request a serious Raiden moveset, but whatever...
I never played whatever the hell game he's from...so joke is the way to go! :bee:

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I'm looking forward to Super Star Helpers. It makes me want to redo that Bonkers moveset. Unfortunately, I've hit a string of terrible luck as of late, and I'm afraid to do it again, for fear of crashing like it did last time. I guess the awesomeness of Bonkers is too much for my computer to handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom