• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Ok, good, cause if i couldn't, i wouldn't be able to post until page 100! LOL.

Wow.....i only know "What I've Done" and "Rooftops" on that list....
You seriously, don't know "Beat It", "Eye of the Tiger", "Sweet Home Alabama", and "B.Y.O.B."?

Needless to say, with that list, I might not be getting GH4.

And how the **** can they put a song by Korn on there and not choose "Did My Time?"

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
You seriously, don't know "Beat It", "Eye of the Tiger", "Sweet Home Alabama", and "B.Y.O.B."?

Needless to say, with that list, I might not be getting GH4.

And how the **** can they put a song by Korn on there and not choose "Did My Time?"
For got about Beat it, and Eye of the tiger.........the other 2, i don't really care about.

I thought that Never Too late by Three Days Grace was on that list, but alas, it was by The answer.

I also just finished reading Chapter 13: The Subspace Factory in your SSE. You managed to capture Sagi's doing. I thought that you just put in Sagi out of nowhere, but now it makes PERFECT sense now.

My next SSE chapter will be up tomorrow. All i'm going to say. Continuation of Gibari/Ty's group.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
For got about Beat it, and Eye of the tiger.........the other 2, i don't really care about.

I thought that Never Too late by Three Days Grace was on that list, but alas, it was by The answer.

I also just finished reading Chapter 13: The Subspace Factory in your SSE. You managed to capture Sagi's doing. I thought that you just put in Sagi out of nowhere, but now it makes PERFECT sense now.

My next SSE chapter will be up tomorrow. All i'm going to say. Continuation of Gibari/Ty's group.
B.Y.O.B. is pretty awesome (not worth buying the game for though.)

Seriously... that song list is trash. GH3 was filled with famous songs that many people knew.

I'm really sad to see nothing by Disturbed.

No "In The End" by Linkin Park...

No "Did My Time" by Korn.

No "Animal I Have Become"

No Nickelback.....

Sure they have one of my favorite songs by S.O.A.D. on there, but that only counts for so much (and Needles is better).

Yeah, did you really think I would half *** Sagi?

Looking forward to your next chapter.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Geez people. I leave for like, one day, and so much silliness goes down.

So can someone who's been here just...tell me if anything important happened? Please?

half_silver28

Smash Ace
As embarassing as it is to say, I've never heard of like 90% of the songs on that list.

How dissappointing...
I'm with you, Chris.
Ok, good, cause if i couldn't, i wouldn't be able to post until page 100! LOL.

Wow.....i only know "What I've Done" and "Rooftops" on that list....
I know about half the songs on the list. seriously... this is pretty sad. :urg:

B.Y.O.B. is pretty awesome (not worth buying the game for though.)

Seriously... that song list is trash. GH3 was filled with famous songs that many people knew.

No Nickelback.....

Sure they have one of my favorite songs by S.O.A.D. on there, but that only counts for so much (and Needles is better).
just because u don't know the songs doesn't mean they're trash. really, if u look up the classic rock songs on that list, & still think that........ then we've got a problem :dizzy:

@chief mendez: just epic musical failure ~ lol

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I know about half the songs on the list. seriously... this is pretty sad. :urg:
It's sad that i don't know half the songs there? Seriously, most of the songs were made before i was even born. Also, i'm not a fan of classic rock either.

Seriously, it's sad that i don't know songs that i never even heard of? Yea......that is pretty sad..............

Edit: I'm with drawing Volke and Beyblade from the contest. Mostly because i didn't really put any effeort in to them LOL.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
that shouldn't be an excuse. besides, hasn't guitar hero succeeded in educating a new generation about classic rock?? or is just that people play the songs, say 'eh, whatever', & then go back to only listening to music made in the last 5 years? YA'LL SHOULD BE EDUMACATED 'BOUT TEH CLASSIC ROCKZZ

/unknown accent ......... /rant

on a lighter note, there should be led zeppelin. in ANY guitar hero/rock band game. I just might have to make a Led Zeppelin moveset in MYM 4 to prove their awesomness. :chuckle:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
that shouldn't be an excuse.
Reason is?

besides, hasn't guitar hero succeeded in educating a new generation about classic rock??
Video games? That teach you something? I lol'd.

or is just that people play the songs, say 'eh, whatever', & then go back to only listening to music made in the last 5 years?
Psshhh.....that's what i do too.

Sorry if i sound angry. I just get pissed off when someone says i have "Bad Taste in music" or "You don't like [insert band name here]? That's pretty sad" or anything related to it or those quotes.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace

No Nickelback.....

Wow, seriously? Just because you don't know music doesn't mean it sucks. Try listening to it before you make any snap judgments. You have to remember that they don't choose the best songs necessarily. They choose songs that "play" well. A lot of NIN songs are awesome, but just no fun to play on Rock Band/Guitar Hero. This explains the lack of Nickelback, because they suck so bad that they just write the same melody all the time...

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Wow, seriously? Just because you don't know music doesn't mean it sucks. Try listening to it before you make any snap judgments. You have to remember that they don't choose the best songs necessarily. They choose songs that "play" well. A lot of NIN songs are awesome, but just no fun to play on Rock Band/Guitar Hero. This explains the lack of Nickelback, because they suck so bad that they just write the same melody all the time...
Nickelback = win

You have no taste in music.

Yes... I am kind of like TWIL in that I like some new age rock and metal, but sometimes I just prefer something that isn't intense (like Nickelback or even the Fray).

Besides everything I said was just IMO. There is no need to be so harsh.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Nickelback = win

You have no taste in music.

Besides everything I said was just IMO. There is no need to be so harsh.
No to the first part, but I tend to be harsh about Nickelback because they really know nothing of writing music. They actually HAVE used the same melody on two different songs...

But seriously, everybody should at least know half of the songs on that list, but I suppose this is the new age where nobody listens to the same song for more than a year before it becomes "old."

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
No to the first part, but I tend to be harsh about Nickelback because they really know nothing of writing music. They actually HAVE used the same melody on two different songs...

But seriously, everybody should at least know half of the songs on that list, but I suppose this is the new age where nobody listens to the same song for more than a year before it becomes "old."
Really? Oh come on....... if you honestly expect everyone here to be a huge music nerd, or to have lived during those times (which is what you'ld have to be to know those largely obscure classic rock songs) then something is wrong with you.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Enough music spam please?

Lionheart finished his SSE and Smashbrosmike returned. Those are the major events, Mendez.

For a boss moveset for Nightmare, Lionheart, just rip Night Terror out of my SSE. He's the mid boss of chapter 3, and is Nightmare in a more powerful form. Considering how many things go with so little explanation in your SSE, that'd fit in fine. . .Although his highly detailed boss moveset might over shadow your Ashencroft, so you might not want to put the moveset in.

The final chapter. . .Was a bunch of random boss fights, and characters were STILL being introduced then with little to no detail on them. Wolf also went horribly out of character and went through a transformation that doesn't relate to him. Naturally, the one thing you DO detail is your Lionheart/Ashencroft finale, which was decently good.

The Dracula themed SSE with Belmont and Dracula fighting in the climax was my doing, SmashDaddy. Belmont doesn't really have that much of a role in it, but the SSE stars Dracula. Mendez has no SSE, but that's the closest thing to it, seeing it stars his moveset. Dracula's boss moveset also takes lots of inspiration from the moveset Mendez made for him.

What do you all think of my next SSE having dialougue?

Your ways aight, but Chris, but I'd like to explore more of what can be done with not having the characters be mute. The thing is. . .If I do that my SSE will be insanely long and make my current one look short.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Enough music spam please?

Lionheart finished his SSE and Smashbrosmike returned. Those are the major events, Mendez.

For a boss moveset for Nightmare, Lionheart, just rip Night Terror out of my SSE. He's the mid boss of chapter 3, and is Nightmare in a more powerful form. Considering how many things go with so little explanation in your SSE, that'd fit in fine. . .Although his highly detailed boss moveset might over shadow your Ashencroft, so you might not want to put the moveset in.

The final chapter. . .Was a bunch of random boss fights, and characters were STILL being introduced then with little to no detail on them. Wolf also went horribly out of character and went through a transformation that doesn't relate to him. Naturally, the one thing you DO detail is your Lionheart/Ashencroft finale, which was decently good.

The Dracula themed SSE with Belmont and Dracula fighting in the climax was my doing, SmashDaddy. Belmont doesn't really have that much of a role in it, but the SSE stars Dracula. Mendez has no SSE, but that's the closest thing to it, seeing it stars his moveset. Dracula's boss moveset also takes lots of inspiration from the moveset Mendez made for him.

What do you all think of my next SSE having dialougue?

Your ways aight, but Chris, but I'd like to explore more of what can be done with not having the characters be mute. The thing is. . .If I do that my SSE will be insanely long and make my current one look short.
I hardly considered it random.....

Dracula vs. Simon (destined)

Ike vs. Black Knight (destined)

Mew (and Lucario) vs. Mewtwo (destined)

Link vs. Ganondorf (destined)

Fox vs. Wolf (destined)

Now some of the fight were kind of random (like Sagi + Zero vs. Darth Vader) but they didn't go without explanation (especially if you read previous chapters).

I agree that the Wolf->Werewolf thing was a bit over the top (but is such a transformation really so hard to believe?)

Its not fair for a vampire to be represented but no werewolf. =/

Yeah the new character introductions were short, but they were epic..... FALCON PAWWWNNNNCCHHHH!!!!!

I'ld really like to see how your SSE chapter would look if you were typing for 4+ hours and coming up with everything on the spot.... at midnight might I add.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
To be frank, by "random" I mean under detailed. You rarely fill in anything, only doing so for your own characters, instead leaving the rest in tempplate form. You're right, I couldn't make that in 4 hours. . .Because I'd shoot myself if I had to post something like that. If you gave me 4 hours, I wouldn't be finished, but the parts I did finish would be up to snuff.

You also leave us wondering what happened to Falco. He stayed behind for Fox. . .And then is never seen again. Are you going to tie up all the loose ends you've made all over the place?

That said, I really don't mean to bash, as even if your SSE is less detailed then TwiltHero's, at least it's still got a remote amount of seriousness (While still having some funny stuff - even if some of it is over the top, i. e. Chuck Norris Captain Falcon), and you actually finished the bloody thing.

I suppose I'll include the actual Brawl characters in my next SSE as well as give dialougue to further challenge myself. The only real problem I see myself having is linking the chapters together, as the chapters in my previous miserable pile of secrets were tied together by a very thin thread, the chapters having little relevance to each other and mostly making sense on their own.

Perhaps the first chapter can make use of the ridiculous amount of Link forms throughout the contest and let you follow Link, but him changing forms throughout it? Link/Young Link/Fierce Diety Link/Wolf Link/Etc. . .

I'm also going to let you all see how to use Meta Knight in a SSE, he'll have a big role for sure. God I love that character, even if I hate his moveset.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Interesting SSE, Chris.

Are you implying that you will make another SSE for MYM4, Warlord? If so, I agree with the part of including Brawl characters, as long as they don't steal roles from new MYM creations. However, a lot of the excitement and awesomeness of Miserable Little Pile of Secrets came from the lack of dialogue, so I would avoid changing that.

@ Everyone: I have a new character planned for MYM4.

He's tough, he wears nothing but a belt and hat, he can take a piss anywhere and if you laugh at him about it he will blow you up.

Kaptain Skurvy for MYM4

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Oh god, make him. I love the old Donkey Kong Country cartoon. If you make him, I promise to give him a good role in the SSE alongside K. Rool.
Although to be honest I'd prefer Klump and/or Krusha. . .

I'm still not sure on the dialougue. The serious parts for characters who I can write well (The villians) would come out much better, but the dialougue of the heroes and characters I'm not so famaliar with would be bad and take away from the experience. Is it worth the sacrifice?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh god, make him. I love the old Donkey Kong Country cartoon. If you make him, I promise to give him a good role in the SSE alongside K. Rool.
Although to be honest I'd prefer Klump and/or Krusha. . .

I'm still not sure on the dialougue. The serious parts for characters who I can write well (The villians) would come out much better, but the dialougue of the heroes and characters I'm not so famaliar with would be bad and take away from the experience. Is it worth the sacrifice?
Heh, you and SundanceKid have the same icons, I thought you'd double posted.

A nice rivalry between Skurvy and K.Rool would be awesome! He is one of the characters I have planned now that I really want to see in a SSE.

And on the dialogue, I think that if you can handle keeping track of character personalities (by having users submit characters along with their traits and what they would typically do), you should try, although if you just want to concentrate on the storyline without this handicap, you should omit it. It's your choice.

Skurvy's plans are coming along quite well; as soon as I decide on a good Up B, he is set to start the draft on. And I actually am considering a Klump / Krusha tag team character, but it would be a challenge. Klump would be much easier, considering his general status in the games as well as TV show. He could use generic enemies, as well as a TV show Klaptrap Gun. Krusha would be more of a challenge. If you have any ideas, I would absolutely listen.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
To be frank, by "random" I mean under detailed. You rarely fill in anything, only doing so for your own characters, instead leaving the rest in tempplate form. You're right, I couldn't make that in 4 hours. . .Because I'd shoot myself if I had to post something like that. If you gave me 4 hours, I wouldn't be finished, but the parts I did finish would be up to snuff.

You also leave us wondering what happened to Falco. He stayed behind for Fox. . .And then is never seen again. Are you going to tie up all the loose ends you've made all over the place?

That said, I really don't mean to bash, as even if your SSE is less detailed then TwiltHero's, at least it's still got a remote amount of seriousness (While still having some funny stuff - even if some of it is over the top, i. e. Chuck Norris Captain Falcon), and you actually finished the bloody thing.

I suppose I'll include the actual Brawl characters in my next SSE as well as give dialougue to further challenge myself. The only real problem I see myself having is linking the chapters together, as the chapters in my previous miserable pile of secrets were tied together by a very thin thread, the chapters having little relevance to each other and mostly making sense on their own.

Perhaps the first chapter can make use of the ridiculous amount of Link forms throughout the contest and let you follow Link, but him changing forms throughout it? Link/Young Link/Fierce Diety Link/Wolf Link/Etc. . .

I'm also going to let you all see how to use Meta Knight in a SSE, he'll have a big role for sure. God I love that character, even if I hate his moveset.
Of course I'll be tying up the loose ends (its called an Epilogue....) Admittedly, I did forget all about Falco, but I'll answer that as well.

And its going a bit far to say that it was less detailed than TWILTHERO's. It may not have your famous amount of detail but it wasn't "random."

I don't know if I should be taking offense to that up to snuff part or not.

Smady

Smash Master
I've decided; I'm making an SSE for MYM4. It'll involve all characters from Super Smash Bros. Melee, Brawl and, of course, my own original characters. I'll keep it all video game-based. Oh, but I am too ambiguous - I haven't even finished my first moveset yet [Vivi]. :chuckle:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I've decided; I'm making an SSE for MYM4. It'll involve all characters from Super Smash Bros. Melee, Brawl and, of course, my own original characters. I'll keep it all video game-based. Oh, but I am too ambiguous - I haven't even finished my first moveset yet [Vivi]. :chuckle:
Wouldn't it be better to use characters of the contest? =/

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Wouldn't it be better to use characters of the contest? =/
If you can make it well, I wouldn't mind it with video game characters, although it kind of defeats the point of having it in a MYM contest, when you can simply stick it on some site like FanFiction.net.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If you can make it well, I wouldn't mind it with video game characters, although it kind of defeats the point of having it in a MYM contest, when you can simply stick it on some site like FanFiction.net.
That's in fact my whole point.

Smady

Smash Master
I don't get what you guys are talking about. The characters will originate from games as the one source, as it seems appropriate to me. Am I missing something?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No... my point is that if you make a SSE based on Video Game characters, that's okay, but that doesn't have to do anything with MYM, because you're not using characters made in this contest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom