• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Noone on this forum likes Sora anyway lol.
lolwut?

Spadefox said:
That's because Kingdom Hearts is has a horrible game series plot! :B

Although the later Final Fantasies is are worse. *g,d&r*
YAY OPINION SPAM

Also what does "g, d&r*" mean? I try sounding it out and all I get is "Gee, dander". Which makes no sense...I think.

Smash Daddy said:
Mother > Final Fantasy > Fire Emblem > Kingdom Hearts
Yup yup! :bee:

Junahu said:
And what's with all the Mother love? The plot may be awsome, but the battles are like swimming through treacle. Treacle with thumb tacks in it.
Mother is basically Dragon Quest with an original, interesting plot. I suppose the battle system (over two decades old by now) could be considered an acquired taste, but it's definitely not a bad thing.

Compared to most other RPGs, Mother (especially Mother 2 and 3's) battle systems are very smooth and speedy, which makes the grinding aspect much more enjoyable.

EDIT - Oh, and on-topic question:

Deoxys or Mach Rider? Pick one.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Mother > Final Fantasy > Fire Emblem > Kingdom Hearts

Although I can see why those new to the Final Fantasy series would despise it; X was a low-point and everything after it is terrible.
I can't tell you how many things are wrong with this list.

Fire Emblem > Old Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts > Mother 3 > New Final Fantasy

Oh and I pick Deoxys.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I want to see Deoxys more by far, but for the same reason I prefer him I want you to save him for mym 4 so I can actually use him in my SSE. I think Deoxys would get more attention on the first page of mym 4 anyway, and this would be a way to hype him, no?

Shade by Hyper Ridley has been reviewed.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Technically I never said why I wanted to know which you'd prefer. I could just as well have been asking which one you'd rather have perform brain surgery on you sans anaesthesia.

But it's all been taken into account. I now know which one I'm going to be doing first.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
AGAIN - A Preview to GUNTZ

Smash Attacks
F Smash: Shotgun
- Guntz grabs his two-barreled shotgun and aims forward, firing it just in front of himself. The longer it is charged, not only the stronger the attack is, but also the blast of the gun is higher. Only the fire coming out of the shotgun counts as the actual attack, there is no projectile. Despite its startup and ending lag, this move is to be considered one of the strongest Smash attacks. It emits incredible knockback (think of Ike's F Smash), and a huge damage of 20-24%. It though is the most close-ranged Smash of Guntz, since the gun blast can only get as big as about Jigglypuff is thick. The enemy therefore needs to be right in front of Guntz to have this move working properly.

U Smash: Flame Thrower - Guntz gets out a flamethrower, aiming upwards. He activates the fire gun and sweeps it like a pendulum. The more this move is charged, not only as stronger is this Smash attack, but he also sweeps this attack longer, making him punishable from below or the side (if you're careful). The move has incredible range, since the flames have the size of 1 Mario, and it does very high knockback, but only diagonally to the side the flamethrower is swept to. The damage rakes up when you get hit with it, since you will get dealt whooping 23-27%, however, the move has startup and ending lag, and, as said, is easily punishable.

D Smash: Ground Missile - Guntz pulls out his rocket launcher and aims at the ground in front of him. The more he charges this move, the longer is the time the missile is sticking in the ground before exploding (maximum of 10 seconds). This Smash is rather for doing tactical combat than quickly killing someone, since it takes similarly long for Guntz to get out his rocket launcher as Snake. This move, however, is deadly, since it deals very good knockback and 19-24% damage. It only ranges in front of Guntz, though, and the explosion has the size of a Bob-Omb.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Shade by Hyper Ridley has been reviewed.
Good review. A few points, though:

I actually did mention in her up-special's description that she has to place a new disk after she teleports, and that it also has as much as end lag as her dash attack, which was above average.

I wouldn't say her minions are useless, as they could potentially fly over to someone who's already far off the stage and finish them off without Shade risking edguarding. Heck, I was converned with that move being OVERpowered becuase of that one fact. Though I agree that her final smash could use a buff, super armor perhaps?

As for the down-throw, I named it that as a joke, becuase it's pretty much an oxymoron. Admitadley I never considered walls, so I'll have to change it slightly, but aren't walled stages banned anyways?

@Mendez:: I vote for Deoxys. You better not forget Psycho Boost. ;)

Edit: @Spadefox: Apart from the 9001 grammer errors, I'm loving it. I don't have any familiarity whatsoever with the Klanoa series and yet I can pretty much say I'm a Guntz fan. :)

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
See, that's the reason why I try to stay away from huge descriptions... English is not my first language. >_<"
If you wouldn't mind, would you send me corrections for those via PM?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thank you. Just so you guys know, if you find any grammatical error in my movesets, feel free to contact me for a correction.
As for Guntz and his role in Klonoa: Basically he's what Meta Knight is to Kirby or Shadow to Sonic - the kind-of-rival who only cares about himself and his profit (however that may look like). Not really evil, but not certainly good either.
It's not like Guntz uses all of these moves in the games he appeared in, however, knowing him, I would say he would do them, though.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Mendez:: I vote for Deoxys. You better not forget Psycho Boost. ;)
Nah, that's something I've always thought would fit Mewtwo better.

Deoxys' Final Smash is actually Substitute. :lick:

Spadefox said:
D Smash: Ground Missile - Guntz pulls out his rocket launcher and aims at the ground in front of him. The more he charges this move, the longer is the time the missile is sticking in the ground before exploding (maximum of 10 seconds). This Smash is rather for doing tactical combat than quickly killing someone, since it takes similarly long for Guntz to get out his rocket launcher as Snake. This move, however, is deadly, since it deals very good knockback and 19-24% damage. It only ranges in front of Guntz, though, and the explosion has the size of a Bob-Omb.
This sems to be an almost exact clone of Snake's Fsmash. Though maybe this one's just got lost in translation.

Otherwise this little 3-move preview makes me happy. Never really found myself caring too much about the Klonoa characters, but Guntz IS pretty badass...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
This sems to be an almost exact clone of Snake's Fsmash. Though maybe this one's just got lost in translation.

Otherwise this little 3-move preview makes me happy. Never really found myself caring too much about the Klonoa characters, but Guntz IS pretty badass...
It's similar, however, the grenade doesn't explode right after hitting the ground, but rather stays in there and explodes after a certain amount of time.

And glad you like it.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
I THINK Guntz's DSmash fires a missile into the ground, and then Guntz can do other stuff, and the missile explodes on its own after a set time.

And I honestly don't know if you're joking about Deoxys and Psycho Boost. If you're not, um, Psycho Boost is Deoxys' signature move, he kinda needs it.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
It's similar, however, the grenade doesn't explode right after hitting the ground, but rather stays in there and explodes after a certain amount of time.
*reads excerpt again*

Gentlemen, I am officially the Thread Idiot of the Day. :bee:

I was wondering why there'd be a 10 second charge time for what seemed like a regular Smash Attack...

Hyper Ridley said:
And I honestly don't know if you're joking about Deoxys and Psycho Boost. If you're not, um, Psycho Boost is Deoxys' signature move, he kinda needs it.
Nope, totally serious. The only place I could reasonably use the most powerful psychic move in the franchise is in the Final Smash, and A) that's already taken, and B) isn't Psycho Boost just a big purple blob you fling at the opponent? BOOOOORING

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Guntz looks pretty awesome except that the Down Smash sounds kind of useless.

I guess there are times that it could be useful, but it seems like it would be few and far between.

Are you sure you want to give so much away already though?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Guntz looks pretty awesome except that the Down Smash sounds kind of useless.

I guess there are times that it could be useful, but it seems like it would be few and far between.
It sounds like a ridiculously good edgeguarding move, especially if it blows up on contact with a foe, as well as after the timer runs out.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, yes. I have forgotten to put a few things into that description. That's the reason it's only a preview, though. =D

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Well, I don't see anything about damage upon contact or explosions upon contact, so it doesn't really sound that useful.
The beautiful thing about this is that, since it's a preview, Spade can alter that attack's description so that it does have a proximity detonation effect added to it. :bee: Nevermind. He beat me to it.

How much 'chu could a Pikachu 'chu if a Pikachu could 'chu 'chu?

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
The beautiful thing about this is that, since it's a preview, Spade can alter that attack's description so that it does have a proximity detonation effect added to it. :bee: Nevermind. He beat me to it.

How much 'chu could a Pikachu 'chu if a Pikachu could 'chu 'chu?
Lol... no need to state the obvious.... I was just trying to help his moveset out a little.

And that Pikachu thing is win.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Nope, totally serious. The only place I could reasonably use the most powerful psychic move in the franchise is in the Final Smash, and A) that's already taken, and B) isn't Psycho Boost just a big purple blob you fling at the opponent? BOOOOORING
Becuase Double Team, Extreme Speed, Aura Sphere, Force Palm, Rest, and all of the Pokemon moves that are in Make Your Move work just like the Pokemon game version. :rolleyes:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Guntz preview is nice, although u nead 2 speek beator engrish.
*does the frown beam* =((((((((((((

That was mean. I always thought my English was halfway decent... I just can't use it well in such huge sentences - I'm not really used to do such monsters. =/

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I was joking if you couldn't tell. I thought it was obvious when I just posted that landmaster thing. . .Sorry. I just brought that up cause a few other people were saying it and I thought it'd be a decent joke, aye?

The Smash Attacks are all pretty original and true to the character while not being ripped from the games. Nice preview.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
*does the frown beam* =((((((((((((

That was mean. I always thought my English was halfway decent... I just can't use it well in such huge sentences - I'm not really used to do such monsters. =/
You're enlgish always seemed fine to me (Guntz smashes nonwithstanding), so don't sweat it. And if you ever need more human spellchecking I'll be happy to help. :)

@MasterWarlord: FYI, I responded to Shade's review a page or two back.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Thanks for clearing that up. See, as said, English is not my native tongue, hence I tend to do such mistakes when I'm trying to write out my thoughts.

And it's still a preview... I just finished them when I posted them, hence it's a little incomplete. I though think it's a huge advancement to my usual moveset descriptions.
And thanks - I think all of his attacks will be similarly original yet true to his character.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Becuase Double Team, Extreme Speed, Aura Sphere, Force Palm, Rest, and all of the Pokemon moves that are in Make Your Move work just like the Pokemon game version. :rolleyes:
It actually took me a while to think of where Double Team shows up in the game.

So yeah, I know what you mean.

BUT STILL

I couldn't bring myself to ruin what's otherwise (I feel) a fairly original moveset with a generic "ZOMGSUPERATTACK" move like Psycho Boost. It just doesn't fit with Deoxys' playstyle here.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
It actually took me a while to think of where Double Team shows up in the game.

So yeah, I know what you mean.

BUT STILL

I couldn't bring myself to ruin what's otherwise (I feel) a fairly original moveset with a generic "ZOMGSUPERATTACK" move like Psycho Boost. It just doesn't fit with Deoxys' playstyle here.
Fair enough. I just feel that It's okay to sacrifice a little bit of originality if it's for a character's signature move. Even though Mario's and Snake's AAA combo is "punch-punch-kick", I'm still okay with it becuase it's the actual melee combo that those characters use.

So let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.:)

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
What's this in your sig, Hyper_Ridley? Wheelie??? What Wheelie might this be?

To stay slightly on topic, I personally believe that it's important for characters to do what they actually... you know, do, but not at the cost of keeping your moveset interesting. If an attack is incredibly generic, I don't think it should be kept just because it's what the character does.

UNLESS it's something iconic, like, say, Ridley's fireballs or K. Rool's crown toss.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
What's this in your sig, Hyper_Ridley? Wheelie??? What Wheelie might this be?

To stay slightly on topic, I personally believe that it's important for characters to do what they actually... you know, do, but not at the cost of keeping your moveset interesting. If an attack is incredibly generic, I don't think it should be kept just because it's what the character does.

UNLESS it's something iconic, like, say, Ridley's fireballs or K. Rool's crown toss.
KIrby's helper Wheelie. :)

And I'm gonna say the same thing I said to Mendez, let's just agree to respect how each other makes move sets and leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom