• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
For the record, Deoxys can be taught Substitute via a Move Tutor. Also it's the closest I could get to it's whole "replication" thing (in the movie, and also...well, it is a virus) without making something up, like Jigglypuff's Puff Up. Though I'm sure the 5th Gen will introduce Puff Up as an actual move...

EDIT - O SNAP. Did I just give away something?

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Hmmmm....think I may be a little late but here it goes

Fire Emblem>New Final Fantasy>Kingdom Hearts>Wild Arms>Old Final Fantasy

Never played Mother so I wouldn't know... I always feel so diff. when it comes to games such as me being the only person in existance that actually PERFERS Pokemon 4th gen over the other 3

Smady

Smash Master
If you think that FFXII is better than any other Final Fantasy game besides FFIII and below, you shall die a painful death tonight. :psycho:

A lot of the commitment that the Final Fantasy series had pre-FFX went to Kingdom Hearts; you can tell by the design, the combat and the ****y story with ****y, Tidus-like characters. Also, that is why we didn't see a real Final Fantasy game again for five years after FFX and now we'll be waiting the same amount of time for FFXIII, which is made by FFX / FFVIII guy.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Hmmmm....think I may be a little late but here it goes

Fire Emblem>New Final Fantasy>Kingdom Hearts>Wild Arms>Old Final Fantasy

Never played Mother so I wouldn't know... I always feel so diff. when it comes to games such as me being the only person in existance that actually PERFERS Pokemon 4th gen over the other 3
I like 4th gen the most. :bee:

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
XII was a pretty decent game as long as you trained extensivley, though I never got to the end thanks to me not re renting, the accidentally deleting the file....... but I can't wait for the two FFXII games (for those that don't know, their is FFXIII and FF Vs. XIII, two totally different games.) The trailer looked awesome as hell.

FFXIII>EVERYTHING...except Foamy....

Smady

Smash Master
FFXIII isn't rightfully mine to judge, but I do anticipate it well. Even if it's a wet, sloppy browner stuck in a game case, I'm itching for some real Final Fantasy, after seven years of nothing. And then, yes, there's also Versus and Agito.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
XII was a pretty decent game as long as you trained extensivley, though I never got to the end thanks to me not re renting, the accidentally deleting the file....... but I can't wait for the two FFXII games (for those that don't know, their is FFXIII and FF Vs. XIII, two totally different games.) The trailer looked awesome as hell.

FFXIII>EVERYTHING...except Foamy....
FFVII was awesome.

Its beyond me how anyone could like the new Final Fantasies (though hopefully FFXIII will be good).

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
A lot of the commitment that the Final Fantasy series had pre-FFX went to Kingdom Hearts; you can tell by the design, the combat and the ****y story with ****y, Tidus-like characters. Also, that is why we didn't see a real Final Fantasy game again for five years after FFX and now we'll be waiting the same amount of time for FFXIII, which is made by FFX / FFVIII guy.
XII? That's a "real" FF game? I hadn't enjoyed a FF since Tactics Advance until I played Crisis Core.

It is interesting, though, to see how far Nomura's come from the awkward character designer of Square's first 3D RPG. Nowadays, it's unusual to see a FF game that ISN'T inspired either slightly (Versus XIII) or almost totally (Dissidia) by his signature series, Kingdom Hearts.
I just want Amano and Sakaguchi back...

EDIT - And yeah, 4th Gen is my favorite so far. Haters can say what they want about GameFreak running out of ideas/puns to make Pokemon out of...but if they do, I'd have to point them right over here.

EDIT 2 - Are any of you actually planning on posting any more movesets? THere're only 4 days left, you know...

Smady

Smash Master
Seeing as the 'OM NOM NOM NOM NOM' clippers of determination are going crazy anyway...

FFIX > FFVII > FFIV = FFVI > FFX > FFVIII > the superfluous ones.

Oh, Mendez, I agree so much... Amano and Sakaguchi were the better designers by far, back in the day. FFVI was da bomb.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Final Fantasy? Pshh....i don't like there game style, so its beyond me. I'm not an FF fan.

At any rate, my SSE chapter will be posted tonight, but i'm still reevaluate my Drake and Josh moveset. Pretty much everything done, cept for aerials, grabs, and B attacks. I'll have D and J done tomorrow.
Though the new chapter might suck if i'm lazy. All i'm going to say.

And i am not a Sagi fanboy!!! I demand that you change Sagi's ending immediately!!!
Just kidding

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
It's obvious that you're all New FF haters, but why? What is so wrong with them? How can you dis the story of X and say that War of the Lions was even Par? If the FF label wasn't on the new games I doubt you'd be so quick to blow your **** whistle...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
MYM 4.0 will be in need of Retro characters, and therefore I decided to do a hell of a retro character. Friggin' 1987! Only in Japan! Only got one game which had a PC-Engine port, and was never used in a sequel! Done by Namco! Has made several cameos in other games like Namco X Capcom!

It is... WONDER MOMO!

Coming to any MYM 4.0 near you soon!

Edit:
@Shadow: I hate FF in general, so I guess I'm a bit biased there. ^_^

Smady

Smash Master
It's obvious that you're all New FF haters, but why? What is so wrong with them? How can you dis the story of X and say that War of the Lions was even Par? If the FF label wasn't on the new games I doubt you'd be so quick to blow your **** whistle...
The numbered Final Fantasy games have crumbled, Shadow. After Sakaguchi left Square, the series fell into a bad way, not unlike a middle-aged man with a drinking problem. It has an identity crisis and is all too willing to change, not truly evolving. What happened to portraying real world problems, in fantasy context? FFIX peaked with its philosophical snack, FFVII had an interesting psychological meal... FFVI was just fantastic. For some reason, they handed the series over to; one, a bunch of newbie developers (XII) and Kitase (VIII, XIII), which I don't understand at all. I think the talent is bored of the series.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
XII? That's a "real" FF game? I hadn't enjoyed a FF since Tactics Advance until I played Crisis Core.

It is interesting, though, to see how far Nomura's come from the awkward character designer of Square's first 3D RPG. Nowadays, it's unusual to see a FF game that ISN'T inspired either slightly (Versus XIII) or almost totally (Dissidia) by his signature series, Kingdom Hearts.
I just want Amano and Sakaguchi back...

EDIT - And yeah, 4th Gen is my favorite so far. Haters can say what they want about GameFreak running out of ideas/puns to make Pokemon out of...but if they do, I'd have to point them right over here.

EDIT 2 - Are any of you actually planning on posting any more movesets? THere're only 4 days left, you know...
Who brought Poke'mon generations into this....

Pokemon is alright, but if any Nintendo series should be infamous for reusing the same plot every time, its Pokemon. Its always a boy/girl in a small town who leaves his mom to go on an adventure after getting their first pokemon and a from a professor. Then you have to defeat all the gym leaders (and the elite four) and capture all of the pokemon. During your journey you have to stop some lame group from stealing/ruining the world/etc.

My favorite Pokemon generation is probably the 3rd generation. It had some of the coolest new pokemon and its evil teams were actually remotely interesting (Team Aqua is just plain awesome.) That and the rival was friendly and IMO more interesting than Blue/Gary.

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
The numbered Final Fantasy games have crumbled, Shadow. After Sakaguchi left Square, the series fell into a bad way, not unlike a middle-aged man with a drinking problem. It has an identity crisis and is all too willing to change, not truly evolving. What happened to portraying real world problems, in fantasy context? FFIX peaked with its philosophical snack, FFVII had an interesting psychological meal... FFVI was just fantastic. For some reason, they handed the series over to; one, a bunch of newbie developers (XII) and Kitase (VIII, XIII), which I don't understand at all. I think the talent is bored of the series.
How can you hate XIII Though!? The story has only slightly been revealed but the gameplay has, and it is F*CKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! And how can you say X didnt face real world problems? I don't feel like going through what it did, but shouldn't it just be obvious? They just gave manifestation to hatred and those that stand against it and die. And what exactly is so great about a dude reading a book and getting sucked in with his friends into some wierd FF world anyway? (War of the Lions)

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
Who brought Poke'mon generations into this....

Pokemon is alright, but if any Nintendo series should be infamous for reusing the same plot every time, its Pokemon. Its always a boy/girl in a small town who leaves his mom to go on an adventure after getting their first pokemon and a from a professor. Then you have to defeat all the gym leaders (and the elite four) and capture all of the pokemon. During your journey you have to stop some lame group from stealing/ruining the world/etc.

My favorite Pokemon generation is probably the 3rd generation. It had some of the coolest new pokemon and its evil teams were actually remotely interesting (Team Aqua is just plain awesome.) That and the rival was friendly and IMO more interesting than Blue/Gary.
Well that's just cuzz they were ******** and ditched Wes, Pokemon Colloseum was an awesome game... then they made Gale of Darkness just to show that they could still be failures.....

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
How can you dis the story of X and say that War of the Lions was even Par? If the FF label wasn't on the new games I doubt you'd be so quick to blow your **** whistle...
The plot of FFX in a nutshell = WHAT?

Also Tidus is somehow a...dream of a bunch of dead people. :psycho:
WARNING! THE ABOVE TEXT CONTAINS SPOILERS

On the other hand, Tactics' plot is amazingly good. Probably the best script to ever come out of Square, even. That you'd question this probably means you never beat the game. Or...really even got anywhere in it. You might not even have played it.

@Smash Daddy: So you are planning on posting something else? Would it be too forward of me to ask who it is?

EDIT - Let's...just never talk about Pokemon Colosseum again. Handheld Pokemon will always and forever be greater than console Pokemon. And that's a fact.

EDIT 2 - Ah-hah! For your information, Spade, Momo made appearances in both Baten Kaitos, and Tales of the Abyss.

Anyways, that moveset had better consist of nothing but spin kicks. Or there will be blood.

Smady

Smash Master
How can you hate XIII Though!? The story has only slightly been revealed but the gameplay has, and it is F*CKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! And how can you say X didnt face real world problems? I don't feel like going through what it did, but shouldn't it just be obvious? They just gave manifestation to hatred and those that stand against it and die. And what exactly is so great about a dude reading a book and getting sucked in with his friends into some wierd FF world anyway? (War of the Lions)
With the WotL thing, I think you're actually speaking of FFT Advance, no?

I don't hate any Final Fantasy... but XIII is being made by Kitase, who has made the two most benign and boring Final Fantasy titles (VIII, X), so I'm not as hyped for it as I would be for, say, another Amano / Sakaguchi game, which will never happen.

X's story borrows too much from past games and the characters - besides Auron - are all very uninteresting. There are no twists either; the entire game is riddled with 'hints' and way, way much exposition.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Double Post. D:
And argueing about opinions. GUYS! Calm down! Those are only games, m'kay? No need to bite each other. Even though I think FF series are generally rather flat in comparison to others, I still enjoyed them a little. And I'm pretty alone out there with this opinion. =P

Also, pay attention to my retro Namco goodness, dammit!

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
The plot of FFX in a nutshell = WHAT?

Also Tidus is somehow a...dream of a bunch of dead people. :psycho:
WARNING! THE ABOVE TEXT CONTAINS SPOILERS

On the other hand, Tactics' plot is amazingly good. Probably the best script to ever come out of Square, even. That you'd question this probably means you never beat the game. Or...really even got anywhere in it. You might not even have played it.
Nope, never played it, but I've seen it played, and I've heard the story/plot told to me over 20 times and was forced to readd it up on wiki on several occasions, that atleast qualifies me enough to know that there is no point in buying that game when their are many many better strategy games such as Fire Emblem and Suikoden Tactics....oh and Wild Arms XF

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
EDIT 2 - Ah-hah! For your information, Spade, Momo made appearances in both Baten Kaitos, and Tales of the Abyss.

Anyways, that moveset had better consist of nothing but spin kicks. Or there will be blood.
That's why I said "several cameos in games like Namco X Capcom" :bee:

And nope, it will consist of more than spin kicks. :D

Smady

Smash Master
@Smash Daddy: So you are planning on posting something else? Would it be too forward of me to ask who it is?
I have three characters in mind to do next, all Final Fantasy characters. Consider that I am creating adversaries wherever possible, because that's how I think Brawl should have turned out (Black Knight? Ridley? K. Rool? Goroh?). Challenger art follows.

Look at the URLs if you can't figure out who they are by the images. :laugh:

I also made a Phoenix Wright one, if you're interested.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Shadow: Yeah I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Tactics Advance. I'm talking about this.

@Spade: Got ya' covered. Edited it into my previous post. Also this is what the internet's for: senselessly debating opinions of old videogames. A little flaming never hurt anyone.

@Smash Daddy: ...I hope you're not planning on using Garland's GODAWFUL Anthologies artwork...

EDIT - Especially not with awesome stuff like this just a Google search away.

Smady

Smash Master
Go see my post on the last page, Mendez. I hate getting the last post. :(

Edit: I'm using the FFIX version, to oppose Vivi. This picture.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
@Spade: Got ya' covered. Edited it into my previous post. Also this is what the internet's for: senselessly debating opinions of old videogames. A little flaming never hurt anyone.
Well, unfortunately, her panties are part of Momo's game and will also be part of her moveset - even if only a small one. Not that I mind, since yanno, I'm not into girl panties. :bee:

Shadow5567

Smash Journeyman
@Shadow: Yeah I'm pretty sure you're thinking of Tactics Advance. I'm talking about this.

@Smash Daddy: ...I hope you're not planning on using Garland's GODAWFUL Anthologies artwork...
I know what War of the Lions is....I just got the story mixed up cuz my friend switches between the two so much, but isn't this the one with the super freaking ******** ending where whats his face pretty much just back stabs everyone?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
"Shadow5567 said:
I know what War of the Lions is....I just got the story mixed up cuz my friend switches between the two so much, but isn't this the one with the super freaking ******** ending where whats his face pretty much just back stabs everyone?
War of the Lions is the one with the good plot. There's really no competition here. :bee:

Not that I mind, since yanno, I'm not into girl panties. :bee:
Liar.

Everyone's into girl panties. Here, I'll even prove it to ya':

Who here's into girl panties? Raise your hand if you are.

*raises hand*

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
*raises hand*
You really should get your keyboard looked at by a technician or something...a bunch of your keys have changed functions, it seems. :p

So that's 2 votes FOR girl panties, and 0 AGAINST them. Since I have to go now, that's the final verdict. In conclusion:

EVERYONE LOVES GIRL PANTIES

Junahu

Smash Ace
*staples hand to floor*

in less spammy news, I hope noone's planning to sneak an OC out on the last day, because I'm almost ready to make the final update to the MYM 3.0 OC Finder.

Smady

Smash Master
I am against girl's panties. If anything, a girl should be wearing no clothing whatsoever... unless they are younger than sixteen, then they should be dressed like ******, throughout the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom