• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 3.0: It's over, it's done, moving on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
PAGE 700 10charizards

Woot @ KingK.Rool doing Zant. I really want to see that, above any of your other movesets. *Instantly goes to add Zant to SSE Roster*
Wait, did I miss something? K.Rool is doing Zant's moveset?

That would be awesome. Zant's one of my favorite TP characters.
Yes, indeed. I actually mentioned this, like, ten pages ago, but all I got for it was a bunch of people calling me a Midna fanboy...

I'm thinking I'm not going to be using any special mechanic for him. Rather than make up something super complicated and kinda pointless, I'll be sticking to making his moves individually interesting. Hey, it worked for Dracula. And for Dimentio, who I was lucky enough to see before MasterWarlord took him out of the thread.

And when you come to that, there's two options: the dark, menacing Zant who we see for most of the game; and the childish, wild Zant who we fight in the final boss battle. Mostly, I'll be going with the first and including a ton of Shadow Magic. Should be fun.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Hehehe, thanks for the comments

man, I can think of really intresting moves which uses the Darkness/curse effect and the use of that red gem on Tails Dolls head well. (I haven't done a single punch or kick move yet, and I don't intend doing so either.)

I hope I can impress you all with my 2 movesets in MYM4

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Will be broken as heck. Awesome, but broken.

I GUARANTEE IT
Also I can help you out with this, since I actually own the game and happen to really, really like playing as the guy.

*vomits all over keyboard*

...Just so long as it's not the pre-pubescent Judgment version, and rather the awesome Bloodlines one, then "yay."

Seriously, he's a total d*ck in Judgment.

You know...I'd honestly really like to see a triple-character moveset for Trevor, Grant, and Sypha, rather than just one of them.

But maybe that's just me.

*joysplosions all over keyboard*

Yay. This I'm looking forward to more than basically anything else.

EDIT -

@Skyler: Yeah, Roc's Cape for Up B. Pressing it once just makes you flip into the air, but press it again and the cape unfolds, letting Link glide around like Pit, Meta Knight, or Charizard.

Also I really hope you incorporate the Four Sword in there somehow.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Will be broken as heck. Awesome, but broken.

I GUARANTEE IT
Also I can help you out with this, since I actually own the game and happen to really, really like playing as the guy.
He most likely won't happen till I have the game, as well. That means if I do him, probably in MYM 5.

*vomits all over keyboard*

...Just so long as it's not the pre-pubescent Judgment version, and rather the awesome Bloodlines one, then "yay."

Seriously, he's a total d*ck in Judgment.
Just tossing out ideas. =P

You know...I'd honestly really like to see a triple-character moveset for Trevor, Grant, and Sypha, rather than just one of them.

But maybe that's just me.
Though I don't really like Trevor and would go as far as saying that I hate Grant.

*joysplosions all over keyboard*

Yay. This I'm looking forward to more than basically anything else.
Yes. He'd be my favourite out of the lot, as well, since Legacy of Darkness is such an overlooked game and needs more lurves.

Out of these 4 Cornell is the most likely character to happen next to another one I didn't show here, yet.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Heh. I think MYM 4 will be stuffed (!) with Castlevania. Which is awesome. REALLY awesome.

We have MarthTrinity's Shanoa, that one guy whose name I forgot who does several characters, and me probably werewolfing around.
Edit: His name is Tanookie, and he'll do Maria and Alucard. Woo.

Chief Mendez, will you do one, too?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Heh. I think MYM 4 will be stuffed (!) with Castlevania. Which is awesome. REALLY awesome.

We have MarthTrinity's Shanoa, that one guy whose name I forgot who does several characters, and me probably werewolfing around.
Edit: His name is Tanookie, and he'll do Maria and Alucard. Woo.

Chief Mendez, will you do one, too?
>,>
<,<

...No.?

No I will not. Maybe not

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
XD

Alright, I guess that settles this, then... CV overload in MYM 4.0. There couldn't be anything more awesome, right? RIGHT?

MYM 4.0:
Castlevania Movesets:
Shanoa (Marth Trinity)
Maria (Tanookie)
Alucard (Tanookie)
Cornell (Spadefox)
Secret Castlevania Moveset (Spadefox)

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
After watching this week's Survivor, Ken has a new move:

Down Special: Trippin' Dominoes: Just like in the Immunity Challenge he won, Ken drops a wooden block beneath him, where it stands upright. If anyone/thing touches the block, it will get knocked over, dealing 3% and no knockback to foes (not Ken). However, if Ken lines up two blocks next to each other and they are knocked over, the foe will get 6% and take decent knockback. You get 3% per block he lines up, and foes are trapped with blocks in a Piplup effect. Foes who are hit with more than 5 progressive blocks take great knockback. Ken can drop blocks from midair to hit foes beneath him. Lining up blocks is fairly easy; but Ken gets an increased likelihood of tripping into the blocks when they are out (there were tripwires in the challenge). This is handy for setting up foes for other combos.

Link here, in the middle of the vid.

BTW MasterWarlord, if Ken is finished during your SSE, can you add him?

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I have a question....from the Naruto series, only Sasuke and Naruto himself has been done correct? That said, prepare to meet this guy in 4.0:

And since Stroupes let me make Kalas, i'm totally going to be making him :bee:

.....And i think that these and the ones in my sigg are going to be all my movesets for 4.0. I don't know yet....

Anyway, the endgame of my SSE will be done tomorrow. You all better enjoy it. First of all, i like to say that thanks to all the positive comments to it. Like, "Awesome SSE TWILTY!" or, "LMAO at [Insert humorous joke here]." I don't think there has been one negative comment (i think there is like one though.). Thanks to all of it. If it weren't for those, i probably would have quited before chapter 1.

EDIT: looks good so far Bkupa. Is Ken still winning lol? I don't watch Survivor.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Anyway, the endgame of my SSE will be done tomorrow. You all better enjoy it. First of all, i like to say that thanks to all the positive comments to it. Like, "Awesome SSE TWILTY!" or, "LMAO at [Insert humorous joke here]." I don't think there has been one negative comment (i think there is like one though.). Thanks to all of it. If it weren't for those, i probably would have quited before chapter 1.

EDIT: looks good so far Bkupa. Is Ken still winning lol? I don't watch Survivor.
W00t! Can't wait for it!

And, the winner hasn't been decided yet, but Ken is in a very good position as of now.

Speaking of which, can you make me a Ken icon, K.Rool?

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Nice one, Spade. You've gotten quite accomplished at this.

And... you're making a Cornell moveset? I don't know much about Castlevania, but isn't he... a werewolf???

OMG I LOVE WEREWOLVES EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Excellent job! The Melee background is absolutely stellar. Except that it's Hoang, not Huang. Sorry for being picky, but I respect the guy for all he's done. In Smash and Survivor.
The filename of your picture said Huang, though. :p
But there you go

@KingK.Rool:
Yes, Cornell is a werewolf, and I love werewolves, too :p

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Thanks a ton! I show it with pride!

And yeah, the image was just from Google Image, so the spelled could of been wrong. Thanks for fixing it!

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Hey, guys, you know what's cool? The list of Top Ten posters in this thread!

Top Tier

Spadefox 723

High Tier

SirKibble 657
Chief Mendez 635

Middle Tier

TWILTHERO 508
MasterWarlord 477
KingK.Rool 468
TheSundanceKid 467
Chris Lionheart 463

Low Tier

Hyper_Ridley 412
Iron Thorn 334

Bottom Tier

All the other regulars

N/A

Everyone else

/making conversation

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
@Skyler: Yeah, Roc's Cape for Up B. Pressing it once just makes you flip into the air, but press it again and the cape unfolds, letting Link glide around like Pit, Meta Knight, or Charizard.

Also I really hope you incorporate the Four Sword in there somehow.
It's mostly going to be based off of Wind Waker, but Four Swords is the only other Zelda game I'm planning on borrowing on. The Four Swords Links will make an appearance.

And Link will be able to glide, actually. Just not with the Roc's Feather. As in, the Deku Leaf.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Haha, Spadefox is such a broken spammer. And he has no bad matchups and is dominating the tournament scene. We should ban him.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
You guys only say I'm low tier becuase no one plays me. Just wait, the new "flight of Ridley" technique is going to skyrocket my tier placement. It's already proven to make me a hard counter to Chief Mendez.

And WTF is Cornell?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
1. Real quick, can anyone post a link to a picture of a male and female Animal Crossing player? Like, the actual human ones? Google has bested me, as all I can dig up are random villagers...

2. @HR: Cornell is one of the characters from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, the 2nd game on the N64. He's also one of the PCs in Judgment. And soon to be a Spadefox moveset in MYM4.

3. @Skyelr: What, no Minish Cap love? :(

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
2. @HR: Cornell is one of the characters from Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness, the 2nd game on the N64. He's also one of the PCs in Judgment. And soon to be a Spadefox moveset in MYM4.
You mean like Forte and Wonder Momo and Megaman and Custom Robo and some other characters that I don't remember the names of? Yeah, I'm not trusting anything I see in that Signature until I see it in text in MYM4. I don't even believe in Guntz showing up at this point. :laugh:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You mean like Forte and Wonder Momo and Megaman and Custom Robo and some other characters that I don't remember the names of? Yeah, I'm not trusting anything I see in that Signature until I see it in text in MYM4. I don't even believe in Guntz showing up at this point. :laugh:
You non-believer!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
3. @Skyelr: What, no Minish Cap love? :(
Never played Minish Cap, unfortunately. And to be honest, I haven't heard of anything in that game thats different from other Zelda games except you can shrink. I wanted to get it, but I never did.

If there's any Minish exclusive items, let me know.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Never played Minish Cap, unfortunately. And to be honest, I haven't heard of anything in that game thats different from other Zelda games except you can shrink. I wanted to get it, but I never did.

If there's any Minish exclusive items, let me know.
You really oughta' invest in a used copy or something. Definitely the best handheld Zelda game ever.

Anyways, let's see...

> The Four Sword: Obviously this is also in the actual Four Swords games, but in Minish Cap this is the equivalent of the Master Sword--it's the final blade you obtain, and allows you access to Vaati's secret chamber for the final battle. Charging up a spin attack with it allowed Link to split into four, and attack simultaneously.

> Remote Bombs: Just what they sound like. Instead of a timer, once you place one of these explosives, it will only detonate when you press the button again.

> Cane of Pacci: I wouldn't suggest using this in the moveset, as it's kind of boring, but hey, maybe you can think of something interesting for it. Anyway, similar to other Canes, using it sends out a sparkling bundle of energy which, when it hits something, flips it on it's back.

> Gust Jar: This, on the other hand, I do recommend using somehow (it's make for an AWESOME grab). Link holds out a small blue jar, and as long as you keep the button held in, it continues to pull in air in a large vacuum. Once you've caught something against the jar (using the force of the vacuum to keep it held in place), you can press the button again to fire it as a projectile.

...I think that's basically it for the items. There are the Mole Mitts, but that's basically just a variation of the Shovel. However, in the game, Link can collect "Tiger Scrolls" from a martial artist, and learn new battle techniques from him. Such as...

> Roll Attack: Pretty self-explanatory. As Link comes out of a normal roll, press the attack button to make him go right into a sliding thrust with his sword as he exits the roll (this might make for a really neat Dash Attack).

> Sword Beam/Peril Beam: The Sword Beam is an old staple of 2D Zelda--with full hearts, swing your blade to fire off a wave of energy. The Peril Beam is basically the polar opposite: with one or less hearts left, you can perform the beam attack. In Smash Bros., this'd probably be a special ability, and not an actual attack. Like, with 0% Link's standard A and Ftilt fire a beam, but once he takes damage they don't fire the beam anymore...until he reaches a really high % (say, 150).

...And then there's the Downward Thrust, which you do by using your sword after jumping up with the Roc's Cape. But that's pretty standard fare in Smash Bros. as far as Link's concerned.

ANYWAY

I have said my fill. Hopefully you get something out of all that. :psycho:

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
@Chief Mendez: I can't access your blog. Is this done on purpose cause it says i have to "login" to see it.

I just want to see my reviews for no reason again. :psycho:

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
> Roll Attack: Pretty self-explanatory. As Link comes out of a normal roll, press the attack button to make him go right into a sliding thrust with his sword as he exits the roll (this might make for a really neat Dash Attack).
Why not make it literally an attack that you can perform from a roll?

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
@Chief Mendez: I can't access your blog. Is this done on purpose cause it says i have to "login" to see it.

I just want to see my reviews for no reason again. :psycho:
>,>
<,<

...Er, no the blog's perfectly fine. It's just down for general maintenance, you know. Think nothing of it--it'll be back up for MYM4. Why do you want to see your reviews again, anyway?

@HR: That might work too. It's up to Skyler, ultimately, but in that case his forward roll needs to be the standard Zelda roll, and not the Smash Bros. "roll around to the side" thing the Links do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom