• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You just said Majora's Mask sucks...

There is only one way to settle this...

KHOLDSTARE, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CAPTAIN FALCON DITTO! 3 STOCK, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION!

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
You just said Majora's Mask sucks...

There is only one way to settle this...

KHOLDSTARE, I CHALLENGE YOU TO A CAPTAIN FALCON DITTO! 3 STOCK, NO ITEMS, FINAL DESTINATION!
I'm not a tourney***, so no. Majora's Mask wouldn't suck if it hadn't been for the freaking time limit. I can't f'n get through and do what I want in the game in 72 ****ING HOURS. And Zelda time is a lot shorter. Like, an hour is 10 minutes.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
What are you talking about? That's part of the charm of the game -- its speed running mentality. That's why the game is a must-have classic. Also, once you get the song of time, no worries about running out of days, you can just go back in time.

Seriously, Majora's Mask was genius.

Also, lol @ falcon dittos being something a tourney*** would do.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
What are you talking about? That's part of the charm of the game -- its speed running mentality. That's why the game is a must-have classic. Also, once you get the song of time, no worries about running out of days, you can just go back in time.

Seriously, Majora's Mask was genius.

Also, lol @ falcon dittos being something a tourney*** would do.
I guess you're right. I wish they would make another time-based Zelda WITHOUT a time limit.

I have just realized why Baloo would make Shadow Castform. There is a Gale of Darkness only move called Shadow Sky. It turns things dark.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
You posted in a topic a while back that your Ganondorf can **** Dedede and MK.

You clearly have never played a half decent top tier player.
Tiers r 4 queers.

Seriously, though, I don't believe in tiers. I own more than decent Dedede, MK, and Snake players with Ganondorf. He's my forte. My friend owns me AND aforementioned players with Jigglypuff. He's untouchable.

Good night everyone.

I win with Ganondorf in 95% of my matches, against really good players, if I'm not playing Ethan with Jigglypuff. Then I come in second.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
@BlackHole- It's ok, but it needs a LOT of work, look at Dimentio on the 1st page to see how it should be layed out.

@Chris- I just skimmed Zero, and he looks good. Zero is my favourite character from the series, but that's probably because I only played Megaman X3, and he was more fun to play as than X.

@Skyler- You got post 1337 as well didn't you?

Smady

Smash Master
A great Zero, Chris. The recent movesets have all been... outstanding.

However, there's an underlying problem when a moveset like this one is overlooked, I think. As Mendez said, these movesets look so daunting to newcomers and being ignored is only going to drive them away. Whether the community wants that or not is another problem entirely.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Nick The Potato

Smash Apprentice
This is the incomplete moveset for Advance Wars Batallion. From the Advance wars series.
(You wont understand half of this unless you've played advance wars. I also understand that this is will be impossible to implement)
Advance Wars CO and his/her troops. It could sort of be like Pokemon trainer meets Olimar meets Ice Climbers, the CO sits in the background, and you control a team of 5 infantry they use 2D battle animation sprites.
Example of sprites http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/9881/infantryspritesed0.png Credit goes to whoever ripped these on the Advance wars Network forums.
That’s infantry on the left and the mech on the right. The sprites would have to be edited a little bit to work in smash, armies in order from top to bottom, correct color is in the name: Black hole, Orange Star, Blue Moon, Green Earth, Yellow Comet. i have no idea why there are grey and white color variations.

B- fire weapon
^B- some sort of recovery move, maybe T-copter (transport Copter)
<>B- i have no idea. Maybe throw a grenade or something
VB- summon a factory or something that produces/revives troops.
Grab- im not sure either
The A moves, would be a bit harder to do, because the Advance Wars series isn’t exactly geared toward melee combat.

Damage would work the same as Pokemon trainer; shared by all the units, except like Olimar the units are always on screen (the troops would have significantly more health than pikmin though).

Units would be revived with vB (this would either take time, like 3 seconds per troop, OR multiple presses), but not healed (you still fly farther with higher damage), that would require a recovery item like everyone else. This would make the CO/battalion char terrible in the hands of weaker players, but lethal in the hands of a pro if they have a good moveset (IE better than mine ). Maybe they could be random too, like get a mech among your infantry rarely with a bazooka that does explosive damage (duh), and you would have to "rout" the army (K’O all troops) to score a kill against the commander.

With the color change it would change the country you have selected (IE the blue color would make you blue moon, with blue moon troops and a blue moon CO).

Final Smash, Bombing Run (name pending change to something cooler): The CO calls in an airstrike, then a bomber or stealth flies in and bombs the battlefield. Also the CO textbox would have to appear in the bottom of the screen, with the CO saying one of his/her quotes, and the super CO power music plays (or BH super if your BH) for a little bit. the units firepower is also increased for a small amount of time

Kirby copy would get an Orange Star infantry helmet and machine gun that does the same damage as five combined infantry (as firepower is spread out among your troops, but would be different for kirby). Or a bazooka that does 1 mech worth of damage if he absorbs a mech.

one thing i am not sure about is how they would use items. I think the heavier ones (barrels, crates) would take team work, with a full batallion they could move like some of the heavyweights, and with less and less units, they would get slower and slower (eventually not being able to carry big items at all). I am unsure how smaller items would work. cause a 5 man team all carrying items would be OP, ice climbers are bad enough for that.

Battle intro: they show up in a megatank and all jump out.

This...is totally a rip-off of what I stated on the SSB4 thread....

D

Deleted member

The Almighty Pliskin blesses the Brawl with presence!

Stats:
  • Size: Arf
  • Speed: Arf
  • Weight: Arf
  • Power: Arf
  • Jump: Arf
  • Traction: Arf
  • Glide: Arf
  • Wall Jump: Arf
  • Tether Recovery: Arf

A: Arf

AA: Arf

AAA: Arf

Side Tilt: Arf

Up Tilt: Arf

Down Tilt: Arf

Side Smash: Arf

Up Smash: Arf

Down Smash: Arf

Nair: Arf

Fair: Arf

Bair: Arf

U-Air: Arf

Dair: Arf

Grab: Arf

Pummel: Arf

Foward Throw: Arf

Back Throw: Arf

Up Throw: Arf

Down Throw: Arf

B: Arf

Side B: Arf

Up B: Arf

Down B: Arf

FINAL SMASH: ARF ARF ARF!

chansen

Smash Lord
Is this the "Let's make ridiculously broken movesets for all our favorite video game characters, because we can't come to grips with the fact that they are never going to be in a smash game and we have no idea how character balance/creation even works" thread?

If so, I have a wolf moveset from before brawl on my hard drive somewhere....

*scurries to retrieve his moveset*

D

Deleted member

Is this the "Let's make movesets for all our favorite video game characters, because we can't come to grips with the fact that they are never going to be in a smash game" thread?
Fix'd to answer your question.

Smady

Smash Master
Actually, most of us break our backs attempting to underpower our movesets - although there are others like SmashBrosMike whose back is bent due to severe rapage by K. Rool and overdosing on K. Rool-aid.

chansen

Smash Lord
Easy dudes, just a harmless flame, it's not like I'll ever post here again, I just got linked here from SSB4 discussion, and decided on some fun.

*points at smash daddy* I'll see you in the ssb4 thread, my arch nemesis!

(Are you really 5150?)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
It was originally going to be called Dragon KIng: The Fighting Game.

Man, I love Iwata Asks.

:laugh:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Just so you guys know... in MYM5, there'll be 2 OCs done by me. I won't tell you right now, who it'll be, though.

Just as much - one of them is a fallen paladin.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No, both are Original Characters, not from a video game. :p

But enough guessing games, you'll see those two guys soon enough

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
A: No, neither. It's no user, it's no self-insertion.

The one is a demon, the other one a fallen paladin. The rest will remain unknown until I decide to unveil them.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
....I just realised, why are we guessing an Original Creation? Only Spadefox knows what these characters are, and it wouldn't be very original if we knew the character would it?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just to let people know, I won't be making any more new movesets for this contest.

However, for Moveset Contest 5, I'll be planning on redoing some of my past movesets to make them look better. I've already stated one character that I'll be redoing.

Newuser12345215

Smash Journeyman
Who have managed to read all of the movesets for all of the characters in this thread? In terms of the voting system, I wasn't here for 3.0(don't know what happened) but for 2.0, it was kind of tough to place your votes on, reading all the characters does take a while.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If we keep on guessing, we will eventually get it. Don't give up now, dfm!
If you guess NOT Original characters like Voldemort, you probably won't be getting anywhere. :p

Because I'm nice, I will show you the icon of one of them, not the other one, though.

That's the paladin. So ya.

Smady

Smash Master
If you guess NOT Original characters like Voldemort, you probably won't be getting anywhere. :p

Because I'm nice, I will show you the icon of one of them, not the other one, though.

That's the paladin. So ya.
I was just about to guess Ayn! :embarrass

Looking forward to seeing them both fully.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Hmmm... Ayn looks cool.
He first reminded me of Chip Zanuf and Edge FFIV, but then I realised he was an animal, possibly a fox :laugh:.

Avoidin' my luck, I'm feelin' kinda stuck
Don't call me Knuckles; give me the bucks

D

Deleted member

Chapter 3 of The Return to Gamelon is going to have two bosses instead of one, as originally planned.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
First, I'd just like to complement you on that Zero Knuckle mechanic. It's just...it's just so darn awesome. Really, you oughta' get a medal or several medals for thinking that up.

Who'd have figured a mechanic like that would work out so well? :bee:

...Also if I'm assuming correctly, his Wallcling sounds like it lets him jump up the same wall, right? That'd be broken to heck as a stalling maneuver on stages like Yoshi's Island or Shadow Moses...
*Sigh* Yeah I know you beat me to the punch with that Megaman neutral B, but I tried to make it different from yours with different guns and a different activation method.

Shadow Moses and Yoshi's Island are already non-Tourney legal right? What's the problem?

Why has noone commented on L-Dashing. Thats his real staple mechanic and it would be a shame to receive no comments/criticisms on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom