• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

:( Alright. No more movesets.

*Insert Jack Black moveset*

^^No moveset up there at all.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to think I could qualify on the New Designer list, even though I did make a set in MYM3, since this was the first MYM I was able to take somewhat seriously. Ah well, not my call.

Baloo

Smash Ace
I'm going to send my votes toward the end of the advertising period. I wanna see if there are any good ones I missed before voting. I already know my Super Votes, besides 1...

SV: Chef Kawasaki

SirKibble

Smash Champion
For those going last minute, don't go too last minute. Once I post the announcement, you're done. If you slip in barely after it, tough luck.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
ATTENTION LADIES ZOA AND GENTLEMEN:

THE SUBMISSION PERIOD IS OVER

No movesets beyond this point will be considered for placement, and may not be voted on. Advertisement and voting period begins now. Once again, you are encouraged to wait until a fair number of advertisements have been posted before PMing your 30 votes (with 6 specified super votes) to one of the Sandbags. Thank you, that is all.

Baloo

Smash Ace
Aww, I missed by a minute. I was about to post a moveset, and I saw the clock. :(

EDIT: Warlord, I saw that. :p I still have the Window it is in up. :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
Huh, voting started already? Sweet...I'll go work on my 30 votes then. :bee:

Also, I'm back from my vacation for anyone who noticed and/or missed me. :laugh:

Baloo

Smash Ace
Kibble, I know. It'll be first!

And that gives me lots of time to over detail him and stuff.:p

And here are my votes!

Super Vo---

*is shot*

but I guess a ?????? preview? Previews for MYM5 are still allowed, right?

Down Smash - ??????
???? puts on his ?????. This does no damage or knockback, and has no designated range, like ??????????. This has terrible priority, nearly none. It doesn't always work, too. This makes the opponent it hits ?????????, by anywhere from 1% to 10%. It usually is about 3-6%. This has high lag, and leaves him completely vulnerable from behind.

That's right, you have no idea. :p

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

So I may as well kick things off...

cheap_josh is a veteran moveset maker. He places twice in the MYM 3 Top 50. For those who don't know him, as he's unfortunately faded out of MYM since, he's the OC guy, essentially making moveset for stereotypes like the greedy CEO and the astronaut (Spaceman G). These are made better by his awesome, awesome drawings.

Charley's Ghost is his first and only MYM 4 entry. He evolved with all the rest of us, seriously stepping up in both detail and creativity. This is pretty much a moveset for your average, everyday ghost. It's got some really awesome ideas in it, and it's really, really easy to read through. The organization is excellent, and his drawings really help for a few of the trickier attacks.

Highlights: Awesome grab mechanic, some really sweet specials. Very true to character, it all feels like what a ghost would do. Some really cool extras, and you all know how much that means, coming from me. Great drawings throughout.

Definitely check it out. I and many other long-time regulars are voting for it. Check it out for yourselves and I'm sure you'll agree. This moveset is so good, it frightens me. :eek:

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
Advertising
SOS Brigade by Pelikinesis!

Alright, besides my total Haruhi bias (MT loves him some Haruhi <3) this is an exceptional set that makes use of an interesting special mechanic as well as a variety of attacks based upon the actual anime itself.

Appropriate amount of detail coupled with unique attacks make this a very fun set to read, I really enjoyed it and feel like it should be brought to attention again, I'm sure it got kinda covered up due to many of the MYMer's not watching the series...all in all an excellent set with a few minor nitpicks about it (IE the font color on some of the attacks).

half_silver28

Smash Ace
dangit K. rool I was gonna do that one!!!

but seriously, charley's ghost is awesome.
& I want josh back!!
:(

my ads will come in a little while here. :bee:

edit ~ dangit MT I WAS GONNA DO THAT ONE TOO!!!!!! *passes out*

SirKibble

Smash Champion
A quick reminder for everyone:

Advertising your own moveset will result in a deduction from the total number of votes that moveset receives.

Thank you.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
Dude...awesome. That show was awesome, and so is this moveset, even if just for the subject material.

...Christ, I didn't even know he had a name. :psycho:

K. Rool's List of Certifiable Voters!
I'd like to be taken off of there, if you don't mind. In total, I missed about 1/4 of this entire thread, which leaves 1/4 of the posted movesets out of my sphere of recognizance. :ohwell:

EDIT - Also the above two ads are totally true.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Cortez

Epic moveset is epic. Don’t let the fact this is a joint moveset with Goldwyvern fool you, HR manages to translate his ideas into english along with several additions of his own in this masterpiece. This moveset didn’t get the reception it deserved IMO. This is one of my super votes. . .So there’s not much more I can do to recommend it to you lot. The mechanic is used sparingly yet interestingly and the moves on their own are just in general amazing. Really amazing stuff here. Read. Now.

Awesome! Cortez was one of my favorite PM: TTYD boss!
Well, that was certainly... unexpected.

I'm loving the unique playstyle so far. The organization is vintage HR. Anyway, the character is 100% awesome (whoo Paper Mario!), and it seems like a really good set overall, so far.
Cool pirate skeleton moveset! I don't know anything about the character, but having 4 different weapons is pretty unique and sounds neat. Good work Hyper_Ridley and goldwyvern.
You both did a good job.
Whoa! Unexpected moveset is unexpected!

It's also totally awesome!!
Cortez was great, HR and wyvern! You two did really well, and this makes me feel that joint sets have a lot more potential then I originally thought.

And Kurt Zisa was a really good boss. He seems pretty much on par with his near god-like KH version. Nice job, Kholdstare!

Estelle is going along well. :D
I like Cortez. Favorite part was the fake final smash.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

This is one of my personal favourites of the contest. Don't let the cute looks, the pink layout and the occasional heart-symbol fool you, this is one of the most solid movesets in this very contest.

Roll has everything a strong MYM4 moveset needs: unique attacks, original use of the source material, very good amount of detail. Especially notable is the use of the Battlechips of the Megaman Battle Network series, which is very clever.
I'm, personally, a fan of the Battle Network series, and this moveset made me insanely happy, as it is extremely true to character, and so well executed.

Roll.EXE, one of the most underrated, yet, in my opinion, strongest contenders. If you still are looking for somone to give a Supervote or only a regular vote to, Roll is definitely one of the best candidates.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
ELECTROPLANKTON

The review

This moveset is epic fail. All MYMers agree it is Akiak's worst work by far, Spadefox, myself, Mendez, and Ocon among them. Don't believe me? Read the chief's review. He hates this moveset more than I do. It's his most hated in MYM 4. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

Chief Mendez's Review said:
There’s nothing good I can say here. I hate Electroplankton.

Basically what you need to know is that you did a really stinkin’ bad job on this. Far and away my most hated moveset of MYM4 so far.

THAT IS ALL
SkylerOcon said:
This moveset sucks.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5963169&postcount=827

Ah yes. My personal hero right there. Hyper_Ridley is one of the strongest participants overall in this contest, as practically every of his movesets is worth a vote. Now, he's also my overall-favourite, as well! Nack is one of his lesser mentioned movesets, the second entry of the good space dragon.

Now, first of all, I love the character, so I was in joy when I read the moveset, because how awesome it is. Nack's moves use the tail of his a lot, and, especially mentionable, a special mechanic with him having to recharge his gun with ammo - even being able to change it! Nack is extremely well executed, with an insane amount of detail and a good lot of detail mixed together into a moveset which I would very well be happy to have it winning. The moveset stays true to character all of the time, even including the trademark tripping animation of Nack from Sonic Triple Trouble.

Nack is definitely one of the best movesets from HR, and easily one of the best movesets in the contest. This moveset was what made me hope that one day the purple weasel-wolf mix would maybe return into the Sonic games and not end up in the huge list of scrapped or dead characters from the series. Sega, take this moveset as a sign! And Make Your Move-ers... vote for this moveset. Otherwise, the good Nack will sniper you in your sleep.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Ken Hoang by BKupa666

BKupa has been around MYM for a long time (I believe since MYM 1), & he's been one of the better moveset makers since MYM 3. His moveset for Ken Hoang, the pro smasher who was on Survivor Gabon, is one of his best imo. It didn’t really receive many comments when it was first posted, which is a real shame. His attacks are based off of Ken’s adventures in Survivor and the competitive smash scene in general, and are very creative and hilariously random. It makes use of an awesome 'mindgame' mechanic, which gives his attacks additional effects.

well… I kind of suck at explaining this stuff. Just look at the moveset; you won’t be disappointed. Whether you're a fan of Survivor, competitive smash, Ken himself or just awesome movesets in general, Ken's deserving of your attention. :p

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
AHHhh...Kid Goku. This is a major improvement from Sundance's previous movesets (though i admit that the Delicious one was pretty lulzy.) This is the one moveset that i really enjoyed reading, and it's pretty great, even though this is his only moveset in the contest. While it's not exactly perfect (Organization is meh), it's still an awesome moveset my Sundance (even though OMGZ! Neutral Aerial is Trunks' Down B ripoffs!!) I know i'll be voting for this moveset (and i'm not just saying that cause i lost a bet!) I'm going to be looking forward to Sundance's future movesets (like L!)

But enough from me. Lets here what the others have to say:

It looks like the end of the world.

Goku was bound to be posted sometime....

That Kirby Hat is awesome.
Great moveset, Sundance. Is that code real?
I am just salivating over Goku.
Kid Goku is one awesome moveset Sundance. Your best moveset yet.

And lol at hacking the game to plays as Oozaru at the start XD.

Really awesome man :bee:
Kid Goku was good, Sundance Kid.
Goku turned out rather nice, though Im glade this is a Kid Goku Moveset.
Kid Goku is absolutely incredible, Sundance! That one's been a long time coming, and does not disappoint in the slightest! Easily your best moveset EVAR!!

Tornadith

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance _______________ on __________ Day,
Well I have to admit, this has been the best MYM so far:chuckle:. Unfortunately, I have not been a major poster as a I said I would be:dizzy:

But in MYM5 I'm going to finally post up Kairi and the Mad Hatter!!!

:psycho:

You mean from Kingdom Hearts?
If you make a good moveset for her...I will worship you.

Also...

Important Announcement

Allegretto will be done in MYM5.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
DIMENTIO

BY MASTER WARLORD

Personally a much more fun read than C+T, this is was the first moveset I had read since I discovered MYM, and as I read on I said to myself, 'ho-ly-cr-ap, this is going to be the best thing that's ever happened to me. Just look at how much win can be packed in that not-very-little space!'

Well, onto the set itself. The imaginative and true to both character and game specials are just the beginning of this masterpiece, with the smashes alone giving all the other mario RPGs fanservice, the eerie presentation, the dozens of possible mindgames, and the pure originality of all the things you can do when you're evil, like not washing your hands (anyone pinpoints who said this and where will receive a year's supply of hypothetical chocolate).

The extras were among the best assortment in the contest. The SSE role makes it seem like he was there the whole time, the boss just was great, and the trophies were great to sum things up.

So anyway, read and vote if you haven't! I COMMAND THEE!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
RYUJI YAMAZAKI
by SmashDaddy​

Ah yes. Yet another one of those movesets which went under radar. To start right off, I am not familiar with the character and never played the games Yamazaki is from. But, he looks like a very interesting character to say the least.

So, Yamazaki is from a fighting game. Some of his moves may look generic at the first look, but with the help of animations from the ingame sprites, they are shown to be actually less generic than they sound like. Generally, I like the presentation - although the colour scheme is all white, the moveset still is awesomely well done and organized, making it a pleasure to look at.

The details are not going overboard, and with the help of the animations (which every or almost every move has), it's easy to visualize how Yamazaki would work in Smash. Daddy's only MYM4 'set - and he did a very good job with it.

Another strong contender, who hasn't been really seen or recognized at all, which is honestly a huge shame. Yamazaki is a very good moveset, and makes a lot of villains in our contest shiver in fear - this guy is insane, plays insanely, and the moveset is insanely good! Give it a vote - or at least a read!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Ken Hoang by BKupa666

BKupa has been around MYM for a long time (I believe since MYM 1), & he's been one of the better moveset makers since MYM 3. His moveset for Ken Hoang, the pro smasher who was on Survivor Gabon, is one of his best imo. It didn’t really receive many comments when it was first posted, which is a real shame. His attacks are based off of Ken’s adventures in Survivor and the competitive smash scene in general, and are very creative and hilariously random. It makes use of an awesome 'mindgame' mechanic, which gives his attacks additional effects.

well… I kind of suck at explaining this stuff. Just look at the moveset; you won’t be disappointed. Whether you're a fan of Survivor, competitive smash, Ken himself or just awesome movesets in general, Ken's deserving of your attention. :p
Why thank you! :bee:

I've lurked MYM since MYM1, but only joined in MYM3, though.

I'll start my ads soon.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a

LYON
"Come to me, children of the darkness, and bow before my bidding..."

Read, this, moveset, nao! IT's super duper good! Seriously, you'll find all details you want. The presentation also is really good, which makes it easier to read, a lot. This is Spade's best moveset in my opinion, but it was under rated because of awesome Kefka. This also is one of the only movesets I completely read from the start to the end, which means it's really attractive, cause I almost never read them all. SOmething I like from Spade's movesets is that the damage done is never specific. ( Example : It does 10-13 % damage ) It gives more reality to the move. He would perfect for Brawl, as all Spade's movesets would be.

Spade is my model, for each moveset, my goal is to surpass him! :bee: ( Which would be really hard )

So if you read all of my advertisement,

Read This NAO!

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
This character combination has both brains and brawn at their disposal! Cortex and Tiny have joined the fray!
This is a fantastic moveset, and easily the largest in the contest.

I like this moveset for a number of reasons; it stars my favourite character, Tiny, from my favourite game, Crash 2. It has a great mechanic, with Cortex and Tiny being able to be separated, which makes them completely different to the Ice Climbers, another "team character", and in my opinion, a whole lot better.

The attacks are really creative and interesting, and Warlord has made the brains and brawn clash shine with this moveset, making it a fun read.

The extras on this set are phenomenal- a stage that's longer than a lot of movesets, a massive SSE role for the pair, which sees them cleverly placed into the original, as well as an Assist Trophy, which was probably the only thing I didn't like in this moveset, as I believe the Komodo Bros. would have fit in better. However, the assist trophy is unique, so that is just a matter of taste.

The presentation of this set is top notch, and makes what could be a massive wall of text readable, and enjoyable.

The people who tl;dr this moveset are fools to themselves- you are missing out on what is possibly the greatest MYM set ever.

This is the moveset to beat in MYM5, and if anyone can do it, I'd put my money on the man himself- Master Warlord.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Cortez

Epic moveset is epic. Don’t let the fact this is a joint moveset with Goldwyvern fool you, HR manages to translate his ideas into english along with several additions of his own in this masterpiece. This moveset didn’t get the reception it deserved IMO. This is one of my super votes. . .So there’s not much more I can do to recommend it to you lot. The mechanic is used sparingly yet interestingly and the moves on their own are just in general amazing. Really amazing stuff here. Read. Now.
Aw man, someone made a Cortez moveset and I MISSED it? Geeze...I was gone too long...

I didn't miss the L moveset, did I? Or was it suspended?

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
Well, seeing as Spade can't read my posts, I'm back. JUST DON'T TELL HIM WHAT I SAY!!!

Alright, time for advertisement.

The Sandbags: A set by Chris Lionheart. This set is really great. Chris made 5 sets in this 1 set. His own, SirKibble's, Master Warlord's, Chief Mendez's and King K.Rool's sets all in one single set. The set truly is a work of art. The set features perfect detail, near godly organization, and stunning hand-drawn pictures by Chief Mendez. If anyone wants to see a Top-10 worthy set, here's where to look.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=6404741&postcount=8627

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Well, seeing as Spade can't read my posts, I'm back. JUST DON'T TELL HIM!!!

Alright, time for advertisement.

The Sandbags: A set by Chief Mandez. This set is really great. Mendez made 5 sets in this 1 set. His own, SirKibble's, Master Warlord's, Chris Lionheart's and King K.Rool's sets all in one single set. The set truly is a work of art. The set features perfect detail, near godly organization, and stunning hand-drawn pictures by Chief Mendez himself. If anyone wants to see a Top-10 worthy set, here's where to look.
Chris made The Sandbags, not Mendez. Also, we didn't each make ourselves, Chris made them all. It's a great moveset, but I figured we should get our facts straight.

CHEF KAWASAKI

This is the worst moveset ever and has no chance in hell of winning. Do yourself a favor. Don't read this. Worst moveset ever. What was K. Rool thinking?​

I'm sorry, Warlord, I didn't hear you over the sound of you calling it the best moveset in the contest. :p

I, of course, disagree. It's absolute, utter garbage. I was hopped up on eggplant when I made it, or something. Worst moveset ever. *atones by remaking Roomba*​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom