• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
JONATHAN AND CHARLOTTE

BY

SPADEFOX

Oh yes, OH YES! Behold, Spadefox's epic masterpiece that he was willing to bless MYM4 with its pressence. This is easily one of my top 3 favorite move sets in the contest, and I can easily pick out reasons why.

Take one look at this orgasmic team mechanic and tremble.

Now, how is this system going to work in Smash? It may take a bit time to explain, but the system is at least very interesting, and unique.
Basically, you can do everything you're able to do in the games, as well - except for the "partner comes in, shoots special equipment, leaves again" bit. This means you have the possibility of playing Jonathan, Charlotte, both with Jonathan in the lead or both with Charlotte in the lead. You can always switch the leader character, or if you want to be in team or alone. This works with the help of taunts - everything else would be too space- or time-consuming.
Now, clearly, playing as one of them is easy, but how will it work when you play both? It will be like the Ice Climbers, having both attack with the same move at the same time when you put in the command, and the non-player controlled character being controlled by an AI. ... But Jonathan is mainly a hand-to-hand fighter, though has some ranged moves with his whip. Charlotte primary uses ranged attacks, but also has some with closer range. Won't one character's move outrange the other's? Yes, some will do that. However, both movesets are designed to work in both states. Some move which may look useless in the single moveset can be devastating in the team one. However, some move which is extremely good in the single moveset can be rendered useless if being in the team.

Unlike and though a bit similar to the health system in the game, Jonathan & Charlotte have two damage counters. One for Jonathan, one for Charlotte. Similar to the Ice Climbers, no? The screen shows both counters (just the digits being smaller), Jonathan's being in a red colour, Charlotte's being in a blue colour - even when only one of them is being used. So you can keep track on who might be wiser to use, or if you should stay solo.
The KO system is also different - and absolutely different to the Ice Climbers'. While it doesn't matter for the Ice Climbers if Nana dies (except that their power is lower, then), it does kinda matter for Jonathan & Charlotte.
If you have only one character out and he or she dies, you lose - of course - a stock. The character who respawns is the one who died, so if you use Jonathan, he dies, you will respawn as Jonathan, and only Jonathan's damage counter will be reset - Charlotte's won't be touched.
If you have the team out, it's similar to the Ice Climbers. If your partner is KOed, their damage counter will be reset, however, they won't be able to be called or changed to anymore until the leader dies. They won't take you a stock, however. So, if you play Charlotte as leader and Jonathan - who is AI-controlled - dies, his damage counter is reset and no stock lost, but he won't be able to be called or changed to until Charlotte is KOed, as well. Only when Charlotte is knocked out, you will lose a stock.

Oh, and, by the way... each combination (Jonathan alone, Charlotte alone, team) have their own Final Smashes and Snake Codecs. Awesome, huh?
Yes, Spadefox, that is indeed awesome.

But of course, a mechanic alone cannot make a move set of this magnitutde. How about we take a look at some of the individual moves.

Cream Pie
Yes, I'm not kidding. It's a Cream Pie. Jonathan throws the cake forward. It goes only a very very small distance - even less than his F tilt, and then quickly falls down. Since he's crouching, the chance you'll hit someone are pretty low, but in case you do, they'll recieve 3-4% damage and flinching knockback, and the Cream Pie disappears. Incredible, isn't it? But there's more than meets the eye to that weapon. As soon as it hits the ground and not an enemy, there's a pond of cream. Anyone who steps on the pie puddle will immediately trip. Jonathan (or Charlotte, for that matter) can be hit by this puddle, as well, so keep out. He also has an infinite storage of these pies, however, there only can be one puddle at once... because he has to bake more of them or something. The puddle stays around for 5 seconds and then will melt away into the ground (yes, even when it's cold!). If someone slips on it, it immediately disappears, though, no matter how long it would've taken until the 5 seconds finished.
Simple, but clever and very funny!

Up Air:

Nebula Strike
Jonathan whips with the Nebula slightly diagonally upwards. Now, how is this interesting, you ask? Well, I will tell you. The Nebula seeks victims which are trying to hurt you. In other words, this whip strike is homing. The Nebula whip has an odd pattern, snaking through the air. Although it generally goes into the nearest enemy's direction, it still isn't hard to hid with the Nebula. If you suceed, though, you will recieve good straight upwards knockback and 10-12% damage. The attack itself has bad start and ending lag, so if you miss - and if you're not a skilled Jonathan player, you most likely will miss - this will be highly punishable.

Lightning Bolt
Charlotte raises her hand like with her usual summons and shouts "Lightning Bolt!". This will cause a ritual circle appear above Charlotte's head (following her if she moves to a side), about one Mario in range. Then, a lightning bolt (well, duh!) will come out of the circle and shoot down to Charlotte's body, where it ends. The attack has a bit of startup and more ending lag, however, stuns the hit enemy a little in the air and does 8-10% damage. Consider this to be a very great setup for comboing or such, but it's a bit of a tricky move, as it comes from above, not below, like Up Aerials usually do.
Both of the duo's Uairs are really fun to imagine using in Brawl. Especially Jonathan's, a homing attack is a very unique way of using a melee weapon.

Chain Lightning
This move is really odd and can be charged. Now, if you simply tap the Special button, Charlotte will raise her hand, shout "Chain Lightning!" and summon a lightning bolt shooting quickly from her chest forwards. It has the range of a third of Battlefield. The bolt seeks out the closest item, hitable stage hazard (excluding walls and similar stuff!) or enemy, but always goes straight. If the lightning bolt connects with one of these, a second bolt with the same range will emit from this object, seeking out the next target! If an enemy is hit by this, the Chain Lightning deals 4-5% damage and stuns them, the second strike does 2-3% damage. If the Chain Lightning misses its first target, it simply disappears, and if no target is close enough for the further bolt(s) to shoot out, it (or they) just won't.
So, what happens if Charlotte charges the move? Chain Lightning has 3 stages. You can make the levels out with a bar above her head. If it doesn't appear, it's uncharged, if it's completely filled first it's halfly charged and if it's glowing, it's fully charged. If you release a halfly charged Chain Lightning, it will seek out 3 targets instead of 2 (and it's possible for the same target to be hit again!), and the fully charged one even 4! Although the third strike will only do 1-2% and the fourth strike 0-1% damage - making up with the stun, though. You cannot carry around the charged Lightning.
This attack it great for team battles, considering that you easily can stun two (or more) enemies at once as long as your team partner is not around too close.
Amazing! Sums up my feelings perfectly on this one.

And of course, that is but a sample of the moves that are in this wonderful piece of movesetcraft.

And let's not forget the extras! Jonathan's Snake Codec is quite lulzy and one of the more creative codecs out there. The stage is really unique in that it essentially has a hazard switch which has never been done in any other move set. The boss fight is also really awesome, and is in fact the only boss I have in my Story Mode not made by me. Let that be a testement to Spadefox's skills at boss designing.

Really, I could go on all day at how sheerly magnificent this move set it, but I think I'd rather you read it yourself. Seriously, vote for it. If you're like me, you'll super-vote it.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community

This is easily the most underrated of K. Rool's movesets, even from the moveset creator itself. While Electrode's mechanic makes him stand out more than Snorlax, Snorlax's individual moves are a sight to see, and his sleeping mechanic is a beauty. Unlike most K. Rool movesets, this also has a very interesting extra in a clone of Snorlax, Munchlax, which changes just a few moves but makes Snorlax plays entirely differently. The final smash is also a highlight of this moveset. While this can't beat out Jafar or more obviously Kawasaki, I feel this moveset deserves far more credit. Give it a read.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
CHALLENGE ME EVEN THOUGH YOU CAN’T USE THE WHIP? HOW UTTERLY ABSURD.

DEATH
by Hyper_Ridley​

Yet another Hyper_Ridleyean masterpiece! Death is an amazing beauty of a moveset. Why? I will tell you!

First of all, HR created this moveset without having EVER played the source material, in this case, any of the Castlevania games. Yet, he has managed to write up a moveset staying so true to the character that it's actually insane. It was like Konami themselves crafted a moveset for Death. He uses attacks based on several of his incarnations of the series, and of course the obligatory scythe based attacks.

Like usually with HR's sets, this moveset BURSTS with creativity, and even more astoundingly, it's as said very very true to character although HR never played any Castlevania game before making this set!! HR's great amount of detail and astonishing writing skills make this moveset to a very dark but enjoyable read, and very fitting to the Grim Reaper and Master over the Dead.

Death is another one of those movesets which went under radar, although it definitely would deserve more attention - and especially a vote. If you haven't checked it out yet... do it. Now.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
For ages, MYM was populated by horrendous Ridley movesets.

. . .

Make Your Move 1.0, Make Your Move 2.0, and Make Your Move 3.0 passed, all with nary a good Ridley moveset to be seen.

. . .

But one day, a user, one powerful and gifted in the art of movesetry, created

HYPER_RIDLEY

Even going so far as to branch out from the realm of known Ridleys, Hyper_Ridley gave us a self-insertion original character, yet another form of the familiar space dragon. It was apparent at the moment of this moveset's posting that Make Your Move was finally seeing its first great Ridley moveset.

What, you might ask, is so compelling about this moveset? Let me tell you just one thing. Hyper_Ridley functions on an energy supply, a lightning dynamo that gives him access to powerful electric attacks. But this wastes energy! To regain it, he must use attacks that aren't so powerful, and lack the lightning properties of his dynamo-reliant ones.

Like icing on the cake, the Lightning Dynamo mechanic is beautifully incorporated, and the other attacks are creative and well-detailed to boot. Lightning and fire and ice, oh my! You never knew Ridley has access to such zany tactics! He can even disconnect his head to grab the ledge with! That's not even mentioning the effect the dynamo has on his Final Smash!

If you only think of movesets like Wheelie and Black Doom when you hear the name Hyper_Ridley, may your ignorance be pitied. As (what I see as) one of HR's more underrated movesets in the contest, I request that this moveset be further investigated.​

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

SparkZ is a weird moveset maker, but don't let that turn you off. He posted half the moveset in previews, but forget about that, too. This is a great, underrated moveset, with one of the most unique, risky, difficult-to-implement but awesome mechanics of the whole contest.

Knowledge of chemistry may add to your enjoyment, because it's really all about the reactions here. Some of the attacks are downright zany; even the duller ones have a redeeming factor when their uses for reactions are detailed.

Oh, and the organization is first rate. As long as you skip over the math section, this is more than worth reading.

Give it a glance or something. Do yourself a favor.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
GUILLO

It may be one stubborn puppet, but it sure kicks butt!!!! Guillo joins the Brawl!!!!>

This moveset actually did not cause me pain. All the moves are the unique original projectiles, and Twilt goes through the painful detail of explaining each and every one beautifully. It is wonderful to read through this moveset, and Twilt claimed this was his best back when he posted it. . .How utterly brilliant.

Side effects of reading this moveset may include you becoming more manly, getting rich, or getting some action in bed tonight.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
BLACK DOOM

Don't let the sole game this character is from fool you, he's a bad ***. If you need reason to become a fan of this character, HR's SM, Playing God, is FAR MORE than enough reason for you. His epicness there counters anything that could've possibly made you dislike him in his game.

As for the actual moveset, it's ****ing amazing. His playstyle is literally create your own playstyle. How cool is that? This dude is just that freakin' versatile. Even moves such as his up tilt as so crazy unique that you simply can't say no to this guy. This was easily a lock for one of my super votes the moment I read him, and I HEAVILY recommend him. After the inevitable winner who's name shall not be mentioned in this advertisement, this is my favorite set in the contest. It's survived the test of time.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

Oume! This was Spade's shocker moveset. It's pretty **** awesome, too. It's amazing how well he translated a character from a different fighting game and made her work believably in Brawl. That, and it's an old lady! This paves the way for crazy denture-based attacks and all sorts of hijinx no other moveset has.

It has all the usual strengths of a Spadefox; great organization, readability, good level of detail. PLUS IT'S AN OLD LADY. Not, perhaps, as good as Kefka or Johnathan and Charlotte, but still vote-worthy, for sure.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion

This moveset was made by some ****** who calls himself the detail nazi. The moves are far too detailed. Who would seriously read a wall of text like this? A god**** idiot, that's who. We have lives here. The person who made this moveset obviously thinks we're all geeks like him, but we're higher class than he is. We'll show him. We have better things to do with our time then read his movesets. Like jerking off.

But just to humor this moveset maker, I read a little bit of this thing. This moveset has far too many references to that idiotic ******** overrated movie the dark night and the attacks are too original. this would never work in smash he needs to make the moves more generic. that grab attack in particular is too stupid and the lack of harley quinn is fail.

This moveset sucks make a moveset for somebody who actually has a shot at being in brawl man.

this will easily come in last place.

get a life.

kthxbai

half_silver28

Smash Ace
AUX
[CALL]
PUSH SELECT

Snake: Otacon, what's this pizza face monster fighting me for?
Otacon: Snake, that's a Twilight Messenger, a dark minion of Zant.
Snake: Don't you mean Shadow Beast?
Otacon: No, it's 'Twilight Messenger'. I read it in the Official Prima Strategy Guide for Twilight Princess.
Snake: No, the name at the bottom of the screen obviously says, 'Shadow Beast'. The Super Smash Bros. Brawl trophy and the official Twilight Princess website both call it Shadow Beast.
Otacon: (in a high pitched mimiking voice) No, the name at the bottom of the screen obviously says, 'Shadow Beast'. The Super Smash Bros. Brawl trophy and the official Twilight Princess website both call it Shadow Beast.
Snake: The guy who writes Prima's guides needs to lurk moar. Speaking of that, where are you always working in your spare time?
Otacon: Oh... umm... you see, I...

Shadow Beast by Kholdstare

Lulzy codec conversations aside, Shadow Beast is easily Kholdstare's best moveset. It has extremely creative attacks, a very unique special mechanic & playstyle unlike anything seen before in MYM, and uses a cool Zelda-style moveset template. Not to mention that it's A FREAKING SHADOW BEAST :bee:

Without a doubt, this is one of the better movesets in the whole contest, & is definitely worth a read, even if it's just for the Codec and the creepy lulzy victory animations.

& here it is: SHADOW BEAST

Baloo

Smash Ace
hi here is a moveset

waddle dee

This is the best moveset ever. The creator, lolwut2274, is said to be the best moveset maker in the contest, closely followed by donkeykongwii (maker of peanutbutter face). He uses amazing grammar and capitalization, has outstanding amounts of originality, makes very balanced movesets, and has tons of detail. Read now.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Crappy picture, huh? So how about some more links!

http://www.geocities.com/TelevisionCity/Set/3995/extdino.html some 8-bit pictures of the Raptors and their enemies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqgJ6wzSW8k - Opening of the show. It gives you a good view of the Raptors.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIEAJMKJ7iE&feature=related - The first episode.
Thanks for those links, the picture is indeed crappy. Anyway...

They are the main villains from a rather unknown 90s cartoon called Extreme Dinosaurs. The series is somewhat similar to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Street Sharks or Biker Mice from Mars. I'm not going to explain the whole plot for you - it's just some dinosaurs - both heroes and villains - who have been saurnapped by aliens, genetically enhanced and put into freeze capsules, surviving the great death meteor and all that jazz. The heroes - 4 dinosaurs of different species such as T-Rex or Pteranodon - end up living with some humans and make friends, while the villains - the Raptors we're talking about - are trying to get the earth's orbit closer to the sun so they have it warmer. I know this sounds all cheesy, and actually it is. But it was a cartoon in the 90s, so what do ya expect? On with the moveset!

HR is incredible. He transforms those 3 silly characters into a very good moveset. It's a 3-in-1 moveset, and each single of them captures the essence of the character they represent very well. As usual, HR unites great detail with immense writing skill to make a moveset even as long as the Raptors enjoyable. All 3 of them play very different as well, making the moveset very versatile.

One might argue that this HR 'set isn't as good as Black Doom or Nack, but it still holds a place in my heart for the nostalgic feelings it brought up (I watched that show in my early teens), and is definitely better than many movesets which have been posted during this contest. At least give it a read!

Baloo

Smash Ace
Do you hate cooking yourself?

Is your kitchen maid slacking off?

∩ Then you should buy a Chef Kawasaki! ∩

Chef Kawasaki is reliable, fast, and very good at cooking!

He can make over 50 different types of savory soups, and many of our readers, including the esteemed lolwut2274, say that his turkey breasts are of the highest quality! He has hundreds of delicious veggies tucked up into his cute littel apron, and he can produce and oven in a matter of seconds!

Buy Now!

Chef Kawasaki's are selling now for the best price in years! Buy for only 6 supers and 24 votes! Believe me, it'll be worth it! Here are what some astounded costumers said about it!

BKupa666 had nothing to say but "That. Was. Epic."

SirKibble agrees: "That...was absolutely epic... I am speechless."

Kholdstare raves: "SWEET HEAVENS CHEF KAWASAKI IS AWESOME. A definite recipient of one of my Super Votes if nothing better comes along. I doubt that something better will come along."

Agidius says: "Kawasaki is wonderful. You truly did this character justice, despite the cliche that phrase is becoming."

half_silver28 says: "This moveset is made of absolute freaking win. It's one of very few movesets that I actually read the first time I saw it. This is getting a super vote. "

Spadefox says: "I applaud you. This is easily one of the best movesets, mixing up an unique playstyle with great descriptiveness, organization and witty comments in the attack descriptions."

Tanookie says: "Kawasaki is EPIC. Seriously, seriously EPIC. Definitely a super vote candidate. I love the playstyle section, all the moves are incredibly wacky and fun, and your writing style is just Sakurai-enough to make me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Awesome job."

MasterWarlord himself considers Kawasaki one of the best in the contest, too: "BRILLIANT. Sheerly brilliant! We have a rival for Black Doom, folks! The play style is so omg interesting what with the whole thing revolving around the pot, and his non pot related moves are highly interested as well, the dthrow, nair, and fair being prime examples."

So let's have some more Detail Nazi ravings, from his review: "You know what though? I’d be perfectly happy if this masterpiece won. It’s better then Mach Rider. It’s better then Black Doom. It’s better then sliced bread!"

"I quite honestly can call this my favorite moveset out of all of them. This is a lock for a super vote and is already looking like it’s gonna become MYM 4’s Dracula."

lolwut2274 says "wut like chef kawasaik...those arnt as good as mine..."

KingK.Rool says "Baloo, please come up with enough originality in your puny brain to do something other than copy and paste from my link up space"

It's great! It's reliable! It's cheap!

It's Kawasaki!

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord

Anonymous, the Internet Hate Machine, has joined the Brawl!​
(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)​
While Shadow Beast is certainly fun....Anonymous is truly Kholdstare's best moveset without a doubt. Combining FIVE movesets into one is certainly a hard task, but making them each ENTIRELY different and equally hillarious is an even harder one.

Kholdstare pulls this off PERFECTLY. This moveset is honest to God one of the funniest things I've ever read on this thread. Each attack manages to make you laugh for a different reason, each "style" is oh so unique and yet oh so deliciously wonderful at the same time. If you really don't laugh at this set at LEAST once, you have no soul kind sir.

We Are Legion. We Do Not Forgive. We Do Not Forget. This Is Only the Beginning. Expect Us. Vote For Us.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
While Shadow Beast is certainly fun....Anonymous is truly Kholdstare's best moveset without a doubt. Combining FIVE movesets into one is certainly a hard task, but making them each ENTIRELY different and equally hillarious is an even harder one.

Kholdstare pulls this off PERFECTLY. This moveset is honest to God one of the funniest things I've ever read on this thread. Each attack manages to make you laugh for a different reason, each "style" is oh so unique and yet oh so deliciously wonderful at the same time. If you really don't laugh at this set at LEAST once, you have no soul kind sir.

We Are Legion. We Do Not Forgive. We Do Not Forget. This Is Only the Beginning. Expect Us. Vote For Us.
lulz does not make a moveset. Anonymous is Kholdstare's AOSTH Robonik. THAT IS ALL

actually, anonymous is quite good and very lulzy. But Shadow Beast is better. :p

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
AI COLONEL

BY

MASTERWARLORD

Okay, so what we have right here is a very funny move set by the detail nazi.

While it isn't as long as his other sets, don't let that fool you. This is still a great move set with a ton of original and hilarious attacks. His neutral special is literally a "fission mailed" screen".

He also has some funny extras, like playing rock paper scissors with himself.

Give it a shot! You might find a diamond in the rough.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

This is one of my personal favourites of the contest. Don't let the cute looks, the pink layout and the occasional heart-symbol fool you, this is one of the most solid movesets in this very contest.

Roll has everything a strong MYM4 moveset needs: unique attacks, original use of the source material, very good amount of detail. Especially notable is the use of the Battlechips of the Megaman Battle Network series, which is very clever.
I'm, personally, a fan of the Battle Network series, and this moveset made me insanely happy, as it is extremely true to character, and so well executed.

Roll.EXE, one of the most underrated, yet, in my opinion, strongest contenders. If you still are looking for somone to give a Supervote or only a regular vote to, Roll is definitely one of the best candidates.
Just for your information. I think this might have drowned, so I'll be reposting it.

And, so it's not all about reposting an ad...

The morning sun come to vanquish this horrible night

Shanoa. Yes, I'm adverting another Castlevania set, this time the heroine of the newest conquest against Lord Dracula from Konami - Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. In the game, Shanoa uses glyphs instead of normal weapons - a kind of rune magic making her summon weaponry instead of carrying it with her.

Now, what makes this moveset so special so I have to advertise it? First of all, MarthTrinity is totally underrated, no matter what you might think. His movesets always are of great quality - maybe not up par with the some of the stronger regulars here, but he is definitely one of the better moveset creators.

The moveset itself is executed very well, using many glyphs Shanoa actually uses in the game, creating a versatile moveset made up of varying attacks with different weapons! The most impressive thing of it, though, is the Neutral Special, a kind of copy attack like Kirby's, creating a special glyph attack for every character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, some taken directly from Order of Ecclesia, some made up for exactly those characters, such as the glyph for Olimar. The moveset overall feels so true to game, that this creation was actually the reason I bought Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia. Although I probably would have bought it anyway, the Shanoa moveset was what made me decide to finally buy it.

Maybe this is the reason I vote and advertise for it. I don't know. Anyway, this moveset is great, definitely worth a vote and most definitely a read.

TheSundanceKid

Smash Lord

Anonymous
Khold's master opus. This moveset is amazingly funny and awesome (which is saying something when said by the funniest poster of MYM 3.). His use of memes is spot on, turning boring old moves into lulz-inducing ones. This moveset should easily be in the top 50.

ROW ROW ROW, FIGHT THE POWER.​

MarthTrinity

Smash Lord
AEON
Guardian of Time

"Right on time..."
Not just because he advertised mine but because I love Spade's sets, I wanted to advertise one I loved in particular, Aeon. Now I'm probably one of the few who actually played Castlevania Judgement so I'm probably one of the few who was really excited for this moveset.

Aeon is excellently written (like most every other of Spade's sets, seriously, check em all out, they're fun reads) and very true to the Castlevania Judgement character. What REALLY struck me as awesome was the fact that Spade managed to create this set WITHOUT playing Castlevania Judgement once. That's right, the entire set is based only upon gameplay videos and oddly enough, it's entirely true to the character of Aeon.

Each little detail is so wonderfully placed where it belongs that it feels like Konami made this themselves. Each one of Aeon's little musings is so true to character it makes me fangasm slightly.

This is truly one of Spade's greatest sets and a MUST read for anyone, not just Castlevania fans, not just fans of Spade's other works, but ANYONE who enjoys wonderfully written and crafted movesets.

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
^This.

Hey, what will happen to the Stadium now that MYM4 is over? will the Sandbags just erase the sets and start over or redo the site entirely or what?

Kris121

Smash Journeyman
Just a question but does having incredibly unique mechanics help make a moveset good because I wanted to see if my debut moveset will have any... umph

Also ive been lurking here for awhile and i read through Cortex and tiny and it was ...

FABULOUS!

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Well, first of all, make sure that you post your set in MYM5, because the submission period for this one is over. Secondly, while special mechanics can be interesting, making them TOO unique, to the point where the player would have to have an intimate knowledge of the mechanic before even being able to play as them, is Bad. Just make sure it's balanced and detailed and you should do fine.

Can someone link this guy to that S.P.E.C.I.A.L. post from a while back?

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
If anybody advertises one of my moveset ( which I doubt, but I hope for, ), I bet it'll be Pokey! :bee:

In my opinion, The Top 4 should look like :

4. Maria Renard ( Really awesome moveset! )
Y'know, my day had just started being really crappy, and then you made me all happy. Thank you. I mean that. :)

Oh, advertising's started, has it? Neat-o.

'Chrono Trigger' is often considered one of the greatest games in the world, with a unique time-traveling mechanic, and a cast of lovable, unforgettable characters. Out of them all, however, Frog's pseudo-Shakespearean style of speech made this anthromorphic amphibian a favorite of many.

In MYM4, Kibble made a moveset for this crowd favorite, and, as usual, he did not disappoint. This moveset is incredibly true to character, and although it's not a carbon-copy implementation of the character itself, you never feel that a move is out of place. As a solid, easy-to-read moveset based on a universally popular character, there's no reason that Frog shouldn't get a vote.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Y'know, my day had just started being really crappy, and then you made me all happy. Thank you. I mean that. :)

Oh, advertising's started, has it? Neat-o.
I was gonna advert one of your 'sets after getting some sleep - it's 5 AM in the morning, advertising began at 1. I'm worn out from writing 6 adverts. But maybe it makes you feel a bit better to know that your 'sets aren't forgotten.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
I was gonna advert one of your 'sets after getting some sleep - it's 5 AM in the morning, advertising began at 1. I'm worn out from writing 6 adverts. But maybe it makes you feel a bit better to know that your 'sets aren't forgotten.
Aw, thanks. I mean, I've only got four, so I didn't really expect them anyway. But it is kinda nice, yeah. :)

Twilight-Emblem

Smash Apprentice
Oh, OK. I thought maube his question got lost in the advertisment discussion was all. Though maybe somebody might have something to add.

EDIT: bTW, who was doing Lucca in MYM5?

Evilgidgit

Smash Apprentice
Well lookee here, someone has dumped these movesets onto this board.

Puppetmon

Prince Charnog & Splorg

Metal Sonic

Jack Skellington

Sunako-chan

Hak Foo

Perhaps maybe someone will kindly vote for these homeless movesets and make someone happy.

I sound like a voiceover on an animal adoption commerical. :psycho:

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
[size=+4]
INTRODUCING…..[/size]

[size=+3]Blipper[/size]​

This is one of the, if not the best first newcomer set. This move did get over looked by a few people, but it is fantastic.
This is one of the greatest Kirby sets in the contest that wasn't made by a certain Kibble or K.Rool.

Frf isn't a regular on the thread, and I'm not even sure if they are eligible to vote, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't vote for this fantastic moveset.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
HALBERD CREW

BY K ROOL, KIBBLE, AND MASTER WARLORD

this my first supervote when I PM my votes. A mash-up of the three mainly active sandbags of MYM4, this is simply AMAZING.

Axe knight has a great mechanic that gives him 3 different playstyles, but you have to choose which one, or else you'll end up with the last slow axe while your opponent has only 25% on them. A fun and imaginative read, K rool has proven to us again that he is the best at making attacks that seem OOC, but don't cross the line.

Mace knight has an interesting mechanic that is taken from an animation before an attack, which astoundingly is still very fitting. The best is still to come as all of the mace attacks are far from generic and fun to visualize. Great movesets come from small material, at least where kibble is concerned (dynablade, shine+bright, gemini man and espicially butterfly kirby anyone?).

Captain Vul was made by master warlord. The whole thing involves (the epic) sailor dee. That is all that needs to be said.

READ ALL OF THEM NAO!!!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well lookee here, someone has dumped these movesets onto this board.

Puppetmon

Prince Charnog & Splorg

Metal Sonic

Jack Skellington

Sunako-chan

Hak Foo

Perhaps maybe someone will kindly vote for these homeless movesets and make someone happy.

I sound like a voiceover on an animal adoption commerical. :psycho:
Well lookee here, someone didn't read that it's prohibited to advertise for your own movesets and will now recieve less votes on every moveset he created!

A quick reminder for everyone:

Advertising your own moveset will result in a deduction from the total number of votes that moveset receives.

Thank you.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend

Yippie, Spadefox advertises another Castlevania moveset! Castlevania was first thought to be dominating MYM4, but then the Kirby sets raised their heads and hidden gems like Maria Renard were forgotten. But not by me!

Maria Renard was Tanookie's first creation, and although only being his first, it's one of his best! If not his best overall. Tanookie made a great impact with it, proving that newcomers are able to deliver great work, as well, and after certain other people, this breeze of fresh air from a new person was pretty much needed.

The moveset itself is great. It has a lot of unique attacks, some with awesome and wacky names (I still giggle when I read "Electric Kitten"), always staying true to the character - the mage and summoner Maria Renard. Tanookie has a very easy-to-understand style of writing while delivering enough detail, so reading through his movesets is a joy. I will be voting for this great piece, and if you don't know it or haven't it on your votelist yet, I demand you to change this circumstance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom