• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
GEMINI MAN

BY

SIR KIBBLE​

Here we have a fantastic move set made by our very own head sandbag. In fact, this is my favorite of Sir Kibble's move sets! Why you ask? Well, I'll tell you why!

First off, Gemini Man has a comlpex yet fun mechanic with his clone. Take a look:

Gemini Man is capable of creating an effective duplicate of himself with his Down Special move, “Duplicate.” The functionality of the duplicate will be explained there, but let me illustrate the effect of it on the rest of his playstyle. Having a duplicate changes many of Gemini Man’s attacks, usually making them more powerful or more confusing for your opponent(s). The majority of attacks here will consist of two paragraphs. The first tells how the move functions when Gemini Man is without the aid of a duplicate, and the second describes the effect a duplicate has on the attack.

For some duplicate-employing moves to work properly, the duplicate will have to be in the right position. By default, the duplicate will stay close to Gemini Man, functioning somewhat similar to the Ice Climbers’ Nana. However, there are various methods of separating the two, which can serve as both a “desyncing” mechanism like skilled Ice Climbers players often employ, or as a means of performing alternate attacks. All attacks employing the duplicate properties will be followed by either a [Together] or a [Separate] tag, which will indicate the general position the duplicate must be in, while the actual attack description will more fully cover the necessary location.

Note: Unless otherwise stated in the moveset, if you use a move that requires the duplicate to be close, and he is far away, or vice versa, both Gemini Man and his duplicate will independently perform the simple version of the move.
There's a lot going on there, but that's okay, because the mechanic is completley true to character, and what's more, it's creative! This is no mere Ice Climbers Clone.

There are also plenty of unique moves in this set. Here's my personal favorite:

Down Smash – Laser Dome – Gemini Man spreads his arms, and a web of lasers encompasses him, creating a small dome (almost the size of Bowser) over him. The dome actually appears while he is charging the move, and can deal damage during that time. Enemies that touch the dome will take 5% damage and flinching knockback. If you end this move before full charge, Gemini Man will simply end the attack, having almost no ending lag and being free to move again. If it reaches full charge, though, he’ll release the dome’s energy in a small burst that reaches just beyond the stretch of the dome, dealing 10% damage and fairly good knockback. This hit is very brief, only lasting for a split second, and giving this move a much more considerable amount of ending lag, but it may be worth it. The startup lag is moderate.
[5% + 10%]

If a clone is with you, he’ll perform this move exactly as you do, adding absolutely nothing to it. However, if you’re separated, the two will each create their own dome. As the domes are created, a thin laser (about the size of Fox’s Blaster shot) will connect the centers of the domes, and will deal damage just like touching the domes would. If you reach full charge, as the real Gemini Man’s dome erupts in an energy burst and disappears, the duplicate Gemini Man’s dome’s laser will continue on the same path it was, only now it doesn’t have another dome to stop it from reaching even farther. The false Gemini Man’s dome does not give off an energy burst, and simply cancels, ending the move for both of them at the same time.
[5% + 10%, Separate]
That's totally awesome and creative!

In fact, that's one of the best things about this move set, is that it has a lot of laser-based moves, but makes them all varied and non-repetative.

Sadly, there's no extras, but the move set itself is so good that it more than stands up on its own merits. So (super) vote for Gemini Man today!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
DAROACH
by Hyper_Ridley​

What, another ad from me? And yet another set from HR for it? Sheesh, Spade, you never can do it enough, do you?!

Daroach was (one of) HR's surprise set(s). When the sneaky mouse thief was posted, everyone was surprised! And this thing is filled with surprisingly good stuff - not surprisingly, though.

As usual, this masterpiece is HR-quality, which means this thing is top-notch in all important moveset departments: detail, originality, in-character-ness and ease for reading it. Yes I'm saying with this that every HR-set is vote-worthy, and you should give every HR-set a read.

Speficially to this set, though, I don't know where to begin with, so awesome it is... Wait, I know! Daroach has a mechanic using the Squeaker-enemies from the game he appears in, changing several moves to work different as they would normally, making them more useful. Generally said, this moveset is filled with odd attacks, but never seem out of character. Now, after Death, this doesn't say much, considering how HR made a moveset for a character he literally had no idea about, but I do think that when reading this moveset, you will sense the love HR has for this character.

Last but not least, some history: Daroach has been the Final Smash of one of the Top 50 movesets in MYM3 - the Squeak Squad. In MYM4, HR turns it around! The Squeak Squad is Daroach's Final Smash, referencing the MYM3 set, and making all people who participated remember KingK.Rool's great work. At least I did.

If you think you can bear voting for another Kirby character, Daroach would be a great choice - an easy to read and unique moveset for a bad*ss yet wacky character.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Dangit, Spade, you beat me to it! BAAAAAAH! I guess I'll have to find a more obscure moveset to ad. In the meanwhile....

K. Rool's List of Certifiable Voters!

The Sandbags

Sir Sandbag Supreme
Master Sandbag
Chief Sandbag
Lionhearted Sandbag
King Sandbag

The Regulars and Semi-Regulars

Spadefox
Hyper_Ridley
dancingfrogman
MarthTrinity
agidius
TheSundanceKid
Sonic the Baron
Tanookie
Baloo
BKupa666
TWILTHERO
Junahu
Kholdstare
goldwyvern
Smash Daddy
Jimnymebob
kitsuneko345
SonicBoom2
princesspeachluver13
flyinfilipino
Pelikinesis
The Trophy Master
Akiak
Tornadith
majora_787
half_silver28
SkylerOcon
Twilight-Emblem
evilgidget
Salvo Fenris
emergency
Mardyke
Dokutayuu

The AWOL

~Cruxis~
Lenus Altair
Commander Blitzkrieg
darkserenade
hyperhopper
phatcat203
Mario_And_Sonic_Guy
IvoryFlame
airsmasher

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob

KEFKA PALAZZO
Entertainer. Magician. Coward. Madman. Scourge.
"You spoony bard!"
"Wait he says... do I look like a waiter?"

Kefka is a fantastic moveset, and is my favourite moveset by Spadefox, who in my opinion is one of the greatest moveset makers.

Kefka is one of few Final Fantasy movesets in this contest, and in my opinion it is definitely the best. I knew nothing about Final Fantasy VI, or this character, bt reading this moveset makes me want to play that game. The layout is great, as is the detail of every move.

Moving onto the moves, Kefka has some great ones, and he is a character that works well with mind games rather than brute force, which goes to show a character doesn't have to have good stats or a special mechanic to make them interesting and fun. Kefka is also one of the funniest movesets in this contest, and Kefka's evil, yet cowardly nature shines through perfectly, which adds tons of character to this moveset.

The only thing that was slightly disappointing was the fact that Spade didn't get round to finish the extras, but I know he was busy at the time, both outside the contest, and making more great movesets and possibly the best SM in the contest. However, the moveset is so good that the lack of something so minor such as the extras doesn't mean you shouldn't give it one of your votes.

Then again, you shouldn't give it a vote, you should give it a super vote.

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Haha, you can just feel the great bond that is of HRs and SFs friendship.

I find it great how you too support each other and help each other... it's really nice.

And doesn't surprise me that all the top movesetters getting Ad'd, my bet on UH on being the first set of mine to be previewed is still on. C'mon!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
GUNTZ

BY

SPADEFOX

First, fun fact, this not just Spadefox's first Make Your Move 4 entry, but also the first MYM4 entry, period! You may be thinking that surley there are much better move sets from Spadefox over the course of MYM4. And I will say, nope, this move is still one of his best entries in MYM4. But not becuase his other entries are bad, but because this is one is so freaking great!

Unlike many of his fellow move sets, Guntz has no overarchnig mechanic. This means that Spadefox had to rely on making each individual move as special as possible, and he definitley succeeded in his task.

F Tilt: Short Missile
Guntz gets out his rocket launcher and aims into the direction he is facing. He then fires three small missiles into said direction. The first one goes straight horizontally, the second one aims slightly upwards and the third one makes snake lines. These three missiles go as far as 2.5 Marios each (and of course are the distance they're losing towards going up/downwards removed), and then explode in the size of a Bob-Omb explosion. Though they do only average knockback, this move is incredible since it has such a HUGE range. The move has a lot of ending lag, though, since Guntz can move only after the first missile has exploded. Since they have the speed of Samus' missiles, this makes Guntz very punishable in this frame. The size and damage of this move (8-10%) make that up very well, though. It's ideal for edgeguarding or ending a combo, because of the incredible range it can go. This move can be deadly - for both the enemy and Guntz.
Holy poop, that's a tilt? Yep, even the tilts are awesome in this move set!

U Smash: Flame Thrower
Guntz pulls out a flamethrower and aims upwards. He activates the gun and sweeps it like a pendulum. Not only does the move get stronger as the move is charged, but Guntz also sweeps the attack longer, making him punishable from below or the sides (if you’re not careful). The move has incredible range, since the flames have the size of Mario, and it does very high knockback, but only in the direction the flamethrower is swept to. The damage racks up when you hit your enemies with it, up to a whooping 19-23%, however, the move is laggy on both the startup and end of the attack, and, as said, is easily punishable.
Whoa! A flamethrower-type move that only deals one hit! That was a first of its kind!

Of course, there are more awesome stuff in there, but you'll just have to read it yourself.

Because, seriously, this is really is a move set that withstood the test of time.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
-- TRIDENT KNIGHT --

This was HR's final, surprise moveset. And it's pretty dang impressive. It takes everything that is otherwise so good about HR sets and builds on it even more, with improved organization and a fantastic first-person viewpoint to the whole thing. This comes together to make a truly great moveset with some ridiculously cool attacks for such a basic character, AND makes it both easy and fun to read at the same time. Definitely give it a look, and perhaps even a vote.

:bee:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
UNDEAD HERO
by dancingfrogman​

This right here deserves FAR more love than it gets. Generally speaking, dancingfrogman (short DFM) is - in my opinion - one of the Top 3 moveset creators in MYM4. His movesets are bursting with originality and are stuffed with detail. All of DFM's sets are actually vote-worthy, as they are great. Even the weakest one of them - E123 Omega - is a great set. But, I'm not here to ad for Omega, but for Undead Hero!

This set is already such a pleasure to look at. The descriptions - although very lengthy - are split up into the animation, the move properties and the uses, making it insanely easy to understand how it looks, works, and how to implement!

Undead Hero uses a lot of unique attacks. Sakurai would give this guy only swordmoves, and the originality of this armored guy is so grand that it would blind Sakurai with its sheer amount of beauty and creativity. I actually don't even know the character, but knowing DFM, this moveset is very true to it. Note that DFM always invests horrible amounts of time into his movesets, and this 'set is no exception.

Undead Hero, one of the more unknown sets from one of the most underrated yet strong moveset creators, dancingfrogman - and one of the best. Still have a free spot in your supervotes? Undead Hero more than deserves it. Having no more room in your supervotes? Kick someone else's out. Supervote for Undead Hero.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

By this, I mean Lenus Altair's, not flyinfilipino's (although his is also a fine moveset, it's just that his Chilly is significantly better, and maybe I'll advertise that sooner or later, too).

This moveset has been passed over for several reasons:

• It's one of Lenus's few movesets before he left us, sadly.
  • It was posted directly after HR's godly Wheelie.
  • It's one of two Yugi movesets.
  • It has some weak standards attacks.

Seriously, though, forget all that. For anyone who's played or watched Yu-Gi-Oh (oh, my shame) in the past, this moveset is incredible. It completely translates to Brawl the feel of "duelist"; Yugi doesn't fight for himself, he summons monsters to do it for him, then protects them with spell and trap cards.

Now, I'm completely serious when I say this: this is one of the best-implemented and most interesting mechanics in the whole contest. The whole thing. It's got so many nuances, you can think of it as a kind of Black Doom lite; you choose your own playstyle within the same basic parameters. It's awesome. Some of the pictures are now broken links, but you don't really even need to see the monsters to get the point, and you can always google them anyway.

Yeah, the standards are puny, but that's for a purpose; Yami doesn't fight hand-to-hand. Lenus more than makes up for it with the crazy, zany things you can do with your own summoned monsters with the rest of his specials.

This is a TRULY underrated and unappreciated moveset. Seriously, give it a look; you won't be disappointed. Aside from maybe Dimentio, there is absolutely no one I would rather play as in Brawl than this guy right here.

And all this coming from someone who now has a corrosive hatred for Yu-Gi-Oh. This ad is longer than most, but only because this is a moveset that truly needs to be advertised.

That is all that I have to say on that subject.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
AOSTH ROBOTNIK

BY

DANCING FROGMAN

Now this here is not just my favorite Dancingfrogman move set. It's also my favorite move set in the whole contest! Now there's a bold statement.

You see, this move set is not just a bunch of youtube poop lines slapped together. It's hilarious, yes, but more, it's incredibly creative!

Like many other brave move sets, AOSTH Robotnik is based upon making each move as unique as possible. This results in gems such as:

Forward tilt: Space Channel Robotnik

Space Channel Robotnik

Animation:At first, Robotnik pulls out a big red cloth, and swings it around a short distance in front of himself. If you hit, you and the closest opponent will teleport into an orange background, with Dr. Robotnik behind a table. This takes a total of 6 (3 seconds long with both characters seconds to end) seconds and a total of 9 dance moves. At first, the camera will look at Robotnik, and you have to make a little “Dance” sequence with 5 actions, which you make by moving the control stick/d-pad up, left, right, down, and another action, shoot, which can be done by pressing the A button. You do this with the time which is stated above. After Robotnik issues his commands, the opponent has to correctly do it.

Properties:This has terrible range, and along with quite a long start-up and ending lag, it’s almost a move you want to avoid. However, this move can hurt Robotnik quite strongly, along with the opponent if they screw up. If the opponent failz to do this correctly, they will be dealt 20% and high-low knockback, which sends them horizontally. If the opponent correctly copies Robotniks movement, Robotnik will get dealt 22% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent horizontally.

Uses:This is a great punisher, and try to make it as confusing as possible, If anything, you should make it so you barely hear Robotniks actions.
Creative, Original, and just plain awesome!

Down Air: Cut the monitors

Animation:When you first do this move, Robotnik pulls down a massive TV which shows various places on Mobius on, such as Scrap Heap Zone, or Robotniks fortress. The T.V, which is about 1.5 times a stage builder block size, stays in one spot. When you do D-air again, Robotnik holds a long wire, and while holding a big pair of scissors, and just before he cuts the wire, Robotnik shouts “Cut the monitors, cut the monitors”, and as soon as he cuts the wire, the television explodes.

Properties:The first hit-box is when Robotnik swings the Television. This has great range and priority. This part of the move has lots of start-up, ending and landing lag. This is a strong meteor smash which does 14%. When Robotnik uses this for the second time, this still has quite a lot of start-up and ending lag, but the move continues at the same point when you land onto the ground. The explosion deals 15% and high-low knockback, which sends the opponent diagonally upwards. The TV screen never disappears automatically.

Uses:This can be potentially be one of Robotniks most favourable move, you can plant this in the air, and set it off when the opponent is trying to recover, but you still have to use this quite early, as the setting of the explosion takes a long time to happen.
Another really funny move, as well as sounding fun to use in a real Smash Bros game!

All these awesome moves come together to create a very original playstyle. AOSTH Robotnik is built around traps and status effects to make it easier for him to land his finishing move, making him very strategic to play.

If I had to describe this move set in one word: EPIC!

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
And that's why I wuv you guys ^.^

Now, since I betted on Undead Hero being previewed first, I'm demanding my £40 now! :laugh:

And man do I want to give out something, but i'm doing this via the Wiis Internet channel, as a relative is on the main comp now.

I don't want to just take, I would give if I could! :(

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
By the way K rool, you've still got plenty of recipes left for kawasaki. How about we make this time into VOTING, ADVERTISING, AND FINISH KAWASAKI'S COOKBOOK time, eh kibble?

POTATO+TOMATO+OREGANO=FRENCH FRIES

Kawasaki has gone main stream for this one! After being in a broiler needed to cook fries, the enemy receives 17% and above-average knockback. Then, a bunch of fries fly out into the air and hover over the stage, completely gong from one side to the other and being a kirby apart from each other before falling down at high speeds doing 7% and average knockback and poofing away after. The thing is, if you add a second cloud of salt to the mix, it will not be a mistake. Instead, it will increase the damage of the broiler and fries by 3%. Adding more than 2 though will cause a mistake still, so don't try it.

Junahu

Smash Ace
THE LAST PRINCE - SKYLER OCON
(a Moveset written by Skyler Ocon)

۞This moveset is AWSOME۞
This young heir is my favourite moveset in this entire contest, and the only one I think deserves Supervoting.
I have never read a moveset that has been so aware of itself, and the author presents it with both authority and enthusiasm in equal measure. There's moar detail than you can shake a dirk at, but it never ever becomes a yawnfest.
I implore those who have yet to vote; if you pay attention to only one advertisement this week, make it this one.

۞Super Vote Skyler Ocon۞

Presentation- 98/100. This moveset is full of clever tricks to direct the eye, and is reliably consistant in its presentation

Creativity- 90/100. Although this moveset would likely slink by unoticed by the "maek every attak liek a special!" idiots, there's more than enough going on to please anyone. This author clearly doesn't know the meaning of 'generic'

Detail- 95/100. Everything you could possibly need to know about Skyler has been penned in great detail. But it never gets confusing, and it never EVER contradicts itself. The bullet points included with each move are incedibly useful.

Voice- 96/100. The writing used throughout demands your attention through a balanced blend of excited prose and Brawl-master-speak. The author has clearly put thought into how his audience will feel while reading it

Balance- 100/100. All the way through, the author addresses any concerns regarding attack utility. He makes the reader aware of how moves can be use in conjunction with one another and even includes some possible combos right at the end. Plus check out the MYM5 easter egg

Seriously, this moveset deserves to win

(Picture curtesy of Spire III)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
GENERAL GREVIOUS

This was HR's very first set for MYM 4, thus it was a large milestone for him. You can see HR transversing from MYM 3 into MYM 4 with this set, and he quickly followed it up with another spectacular set to truly set him apart, Fang the Sniper. While his MYM 3 works are nothing to scoff at, they pale in comparison to the greatness that are his MYM 4 movesets. HR FOR MOST IMPROVED!

Now then. . .On to Grevious. While HR himself underrates this moveset, I still don't believe it's his worst, and anything touched by the hands of this god is worth looking at. Grevious' four lightsabers are used to their fullest potential in this moveset as they're all moved about in crazy positions few would think of. . .The four weapons have far more potential than one would think, and puts Star Wars game developers to SHAME.

This was the only moveset that just took me by surprise so much that I reviewed it WITHOUT BEING REQUESTED. THAT is saying something right there.

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord

This is quite simply the best moveset of MYM's resident emo/Sagi fanboy/anime fanboy/that-rude-erstwhile-expression.

TWIL churns out a ton of movesets, but this IS his best. It's got tons of creative ideas, it's much better explained and worded than the majority of his sets, it's got a much more pleasant and easy-to-read organizational style, it's a great translation of the character... I can go on and on here.

Instead, all I can say is that TWIL had, what, four movesets on the Top 50 last time around? And one of them actually cracked the Top 10, a feat accomplished only by six different moveset makers. And if you're gonna vote TWIL, vote Sasuke.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
Pleinair
by​
emergency

pretty much anything I could say about this set or about emergency himself has been said by someone else. So...

Wow, that may be a newcomer move set, but it's great!
Brilliant job for your first time emer, hell that may be one of the best first-timer sets I've seen! The set looks amazing and I've never even PLAYED the game she's from...Shark Cannon Shooting Bunnies = Win.
Absolutely incredible! I love this moveset! Among the best debut movesets I've ever seen!
Are you sure you think you're a n00bish moveset maker? Because I definitely don't think so. Incredible work. Unique mechanics with the animal friends. Original attacks. Great organization (the colour's just fine). This will get a vote. Definitely. I'm looking forward to more from you, emergency.
Holy crap. That was much better than you seemed to think it would be (at somewhere between a skim and a read.) I wish my first set had been that good. Heck, I'm hoping my second and third sets will be that good. :laugh: Congratulations.
Wow....I'm...flattered...

That moveset is excellent! Your first moveset and already a top contender! Many newcomers usually start in a phase which I call Overestimation where they make unoriginal moves and think their moveset rocks (me included...). Looks like you skipped that phase cause every move in the set is unique, and fun to read. The organization is phenomenal and the mechanic really adds a lot. If I had more super votes to use, this would be one.

The only nitpick I can pull out of my head is the lack of detail, but it's just an annoying nitpick from Akiak so don't worry. ;)
Pleinair is an excellent moveset, and has a unique feel to it, which is good.
Most newcomer sets lack the professional feel of veteran's movesets, my Tyrogue set included, but this moveset seems too good for a newcomer.

I really like the layout, and the extras a are fantastic, especially the damage meter.
The only "problem" about it is that some of the moves are a bit brief in description, only being about 3 lines in length. However, all the moves are fantastic, so the length of description doesn't matter, so you should ignore what I just posted :bee:

Incredible job emergency, you've just gained yourself a vote :).
@ Pleinair : This...moveset...is....awesome! Seriously dude, that's one of the best newcomer movesets I've ever seen! It has excellent presentation, organisation, and extras. The only complaint I have would be about the details. Yes, the animation of the move is really detailed and that is cool but, you could add things like Knockback, Start and End Lags, etc. Otherwise, this moveset really is awesome! Good job Emergency!
'Mergency, I gotta admit, when I saw all these rampant compliments I figured they were exaggerations, sugar-coating things and whatnot. Now that I've read it, I'm sorry I ever thought. It really is a great moveset.

The creativity on almost all the attacks in stunning; all the time you put into it really shows. The stats lean toward the good side, but nothing extreme or warping.

Detail is the one and only department where you could still improve; a few things escape me, like where the potential seven Usagis go after being shot out of Sâme (as you can only have two out at a time) and where exactly Sâme IS, whether he only comes out for certain attacks or whether he follows Pleinair around or whatnot.

Anyway, those are nitpicks, nitpicks. You've certainly impressed me with this one.
seriously, if you're not already voting for pleinair... wtf is wrong with you? then you should probably reconsider :)

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
SIMIRROR
By agidius

agidius took a while with this moveset, since he was gone from MYM for so long. But when this moveset was finally completed and posted, the general consenus among MYMers was that the wait was worth it.

Probably the most infrequently-seen Kirby Copy Ability, Mirror holds the position of Tanookie's all-time favorite copy ability. agidius takes the shy, skittish helper that grants Kirby this power and gives him a fantastic moveset, one that shows even the simplest characters can be given a moveset.

Simirror has numerous moves with special properties--most of them involving blocking opponents or reflecting/absorbing projectiles. Simirror also has an extremely unique recovery move and a pummel attack that are "crucial to his metagame," as quoted by the moveset. In short, this is a fantastic moveset with so many unique moves I can't even list them all. If you don't have this on your voting list...I will come to your house in the night and kill you. Seriously. :)

princesspeachluver13

Banned via Warnings
I remember reading the Sasuke 'set, but it hadn't crossed my mind until a few seconds that we are WAY into Shippuden. Sasuke should look like this.

Don't mean to be rude, but the current pic you're using is way outdated.

Caution: Naruto Spoiler!!
Sasuke kills Orochimaru! After, He assembles a team of him, the "reincarnation" of Zabuza-Suigetsu, a lovestruck (for Sasuke) prison warden named Karin, and a schizophrenic killer who doesn't want to kill named Jugo. I plan on making a set for this group, named Hawk.

Pelikinesis

Smash Journeyman
That Clancer Chick​
Marina Liteyears!​

Ultra-InterGalatic-Cybot G,
Marina Liteyears, has entered the fray!

I actually wish that I had thought of making a moveset for Marina first, but there really isn't much point as this is a great moveset.

The fighting style is true to the character (emphasis on grabs) and nearly all of the standard attacks are anything but standard. Because of that, the specials may seem to pale, but most of them are still quite good and they fit in well with the rest of the moves.

I'm too lazy to quote an example, but one of her aerials involves her riding a missile. YES.

This set has a good amount of detail without having huge paragraphs, and there are plenty of images interspersed into them for a visual aid.

And now, for a short message from Spadefox:

@Shake~:
FFFFFuuuu!! Friggin Marina! I love you now! So awesome, so detailed, so friggin good, so true to game! *spasm*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I remember reading the Sasuke 'set, but it hadn't crossed my mind until a few seconds that we are WAY into Shippuden. Sasuke should look like this.

Firstly, that picture doesn't work - for me, anyway. I can't see it.

Secondly, TWIL chose to make the moveset for Sasuke as he is before Shippuuden (presumably because he hadn't gotten that far), and what's wrong with that? That's like saying you can't make a moveset for Young Link because we're currently waaay into Twilight Princess, or something. This is MYM. Anything goes. :bee:

Also, I couldn't agree more with Tanookie's ad for Simirror. See, isn't this nice, everyone advertising for each other? Now hurry up and get your votes in you indecisive jerks

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
Also, I couldn't agree more with Tanookie's ad for Simirror. See, isn't this nice, everyone advertising for each other? Now hurry up and get your votes in you indecisive jerks
Hey, I'm waiting to see if any of my other movesets get advertised. Then again, that has no bearing on whether or not I can vote, so I guess you're right in that respect.

emergency

Smash Journeyman
Oh my...halfsilver. Thank you so much for advertising , Pleinair!

Was it that worthy of notice? *bow* Thank you so freakin' much.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
by Chief Mendez​

Hey, it's Mach Rider! A really cool moveset that's perfectly suited for a guy on a bike and is also very creative and practical. The moveset is presented in true Mach style and you can tell much passion was put into it. Reading this moveset inspired me to participate in MYM. If you won't Mach vote for it, at least read it for Mach justice!

Man, I'm not good at this advertising thing....

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Good news, I almost lost my work on Battalion Army, but used notepad to open the word file (which got invalid some how), so I can continue on it!

I was going to Advertise today, but the Battalion Army thing soaked my time away!

Also, Battalion Army is hidden some where on these boards, and it isn't in the SSB4 discussion!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
SERGEANT CORTEZ
by Jimnymebob​

Hoh, so Spadefox raids the obscure gems now, does he? Sergeant Cortez is a great moveset which hasn't got much recognition, being from a not-as-active newcomer (Jimnymebob - at least at the time) and being the main character from some rather unknown game series, TimeSplitters.

Now, this guy is a great 'set. He has a beautiful presentation which goes very nicely on the eyes and fits the theme perfectly. Cortez also has many unique and original attacks, with the good Sergeant transforming into other characters much like in the games he hails from!

It makes good use of the source material, glorifying it to a high extent. Give this man a read, Jimny is one of the best newcomers, and his moveset Sergeant Cortez proves this easily.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
CACTAUR by PELIKINESIS​
Let's look at the many good points of this little guy, shall we?

- Spike mechanic: For each attack that Cactaur lands, a needle hits his foe. These needles can stack onto enemies, adding additional damage and knockback. Some attacks will implant more needles than others, while some may plant none at all - it depends on the move. This mechanic compensates for his otherwise weak attacks by making him a great damage-dealer in the long run.

- The most freaking amazing Recovery ability in existance:

wait whats he doing said:
Cactaur turns 90 degress and runs UPWARD.
HWRIAHGWAKGHAESIKHG said:
Cactaur turns 90 degress and RUNS F**KING UPWARD..
- Approval by the great and magnificient Mardyke Chief Mendez himself:

Chief Mendez said:
@Peli: Epic, epic win right there, Peli.
- The only true Final Fantasy character who has a place in Brawl. Pelikinesis' moveset in itself is proof of this; Cactaur fits so naturally that Pelikinesis didn't even need to emphasise paragraphs of pointless detail. Get the idea of the little critter looking gob-shaped at you as he kicks your butt. Too good, right? Right! Just admit that him sex-kicking or star-KOing Ganondorf, Marth, and everyone else in the cast is the most gratifying image you'll ever see.

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord

KingK.Rool explains what i was about to say. Also, for Shippuden Sasuke, please refer to the final smash. :bee:

I'm getting up to date in Shippuden. I'm not far behind.

Thanks for the Ad BTW K.Rool.

The Trophy Master

Smash Journeyman
*Sends Sundance an orange elephant on Chirstmas, a
۞MR. SHINE & MR. BRIGHT۞

”We rule both the day and the night!
That leaves no time for you!”
Here is, an awesome moveset! This is one of the best in the contest, and I super voted it, as you should do. The switching mechanic makes it even better!

The specials can only be used by the character that is not on stage, the one that is in the air, waiting. Same fot the Final Smashes. It's full of important details, and it's Brawl-ish too. The presentation is unique, and awesome. Sometimes the characters could look underpwoered, but they have moves that will be worth the weakness or even sometimes, it's weak for real, but at least it's better than being overpowered. If I would have to rate it, if I would be a Sandbag, this set would recieve :

9.5/10!!!

In my opinion, it's one of the, if not THE best set of all MYM4. Really Kibble, good job!

+1 Super Vote! :bee:

Read It! NAO!

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
If I would have to rate it, if I would be a Sandbag, this set would recieve :

9.5/10!!!
I want you to do the following: Go to the Stadium, and look at all, and by all I mean all reviews by the Sandbags. I want you to get every review using a number-score. Then, if you're finished, post the link(s) to those reviews with number-ratings into the thread.

Also, I'll announce my final MYM5 plan:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss

The quintessential Disney villain, Jafar was made by KingK.Rool in a period of three days. If he hadn't told us this, I would've never believed him. Jafar has a truly amazingly original playstyle, introducing new techniques for moves and staying true to the greatest sorcerer in the world, and yet not relying on a new mechanic. Easily my favorite from K.Rool by far and a lock for a supervote from me, this should definitely be a prime candidate for a vote from any MYMer out there.

Hyper_Ridley says: "One of your best."

BKupa666 says: "Excellent Jafar moveset."

Tanookie says: "Love Jafar. Love him, love him, love him. Great job."

SirKibble says: "Jafar is awesome, though! I really liked how well his moveset fit him, and the Final Smash was just too awesome."

And in his (very positive!) review, MasterWarlord said, among other things: "Outstanding, simply outstanding." "The play style section... is among the best, if not THE best, I have ever seen." "It’s among the best moveset organizations in the contest up with Mendez’s."

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
Thanks for the ad, Bkupa! :bee:

I still agree with pretty much everything advertised. Shine & Bright and Mach Rider in particular are two of my favourite movesets in the contest, not that they're underappreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom