• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Making Your Own Textures: Download Links and a Small Guide (Updated for legality)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Alright, it's saying there's no alpha layer on my texture files when I try to create a Marth texture. What's that even mean?

Edit: I made it recognize it by selecting going to layer, transparency, and add alpha to layer. Unfortunately, the texture is STILL not loading. What the hell is wrong with this ****ed thing...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I could give it a try. How should I do that?

Edit: Nevermind. I flattened the image... no soap. I'm convinced this program just freaking hates me.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
Well... until I can try tommorrow..

I'd really like to know how to use the big item texture file, with all the things like Cracker Launcher, Bumper, Franklin Badge, etc. Can you just put that through Ash, or does it need additional steps? I want to start planning what I'm going to do with a texture hacking team I'm building.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
So... yeah.

I FREAKING NEED HELP, GUYS.

This thing is NOT working for some characters, and I need to find out why.

Take Sonic, for instance (please)... when I try to run step2_create on it, I get the warning that says...

(maximum colors allowed: 16)
(if your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture)

If I hit Y, it says...

.../TEX00_08+2 HAS NO PALETTE

Press <enter> to quit.

Now, when I try to index the palette to 16 colors (image > mode > indexed > generate optimum palette 16 colors) and run step2_create, I get the following error:

UNEXPECTED ERROR: This texture has erroneous colors! Press any key to continue.

If I hit a key, the error repeats itself ad infinitum.

If I try to index it again, step2_create just crashes altogether.

I'm begging you guys, now. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.

IC3R

Smash Lord
+2 type textures are always a ***** to deal with...

I'm no good with applying textures, but I make a mean CSP...

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yeah, I've noticed that a lot of people seem to have trouble with + textures. So much so that I think this issue should be addressed.

What I'd like to know is how people that HAVE made textures for characters with + files managed to make .pcs files out of them...

Williaint

Smash Cadet
If I press any button, it deletes the desktop. I have to close it by Xing it. Luckily, XP isn't my main desktop, and it takes only a minute or to to get it back.
I get errors, too, only... telling me that the programs don't work.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
I got a question: When I say 'no' for not adding one of the parts of a texture to it, what happens? It only includes the one you hit 'yes' for, but does it include the original version of the one I hit no to?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
So... yeah.

I FREAKING NEED HELP, GUYS.

This thing is NOT working for some characters, and I need to find out why.

Take Sonic, for instance (please)... when I try to run step2_create on it, I get the warning that says...

(maximum colors allowed: 16)
(if your image has a bigger palette, it will corrupt the texture)

If I hit Y, it says...

.../TEX00_08+2 HAS NO PALETTE

Press <enter> to quit.

Now, when I try to index the palette to 16 colors (image > mode > indexed > generate optimum palette 16 colors) and run step2_create, I get the following error:

UNEXPECTED ERROR: This texture has erroneous colors! Press any key to continue.

If I hit a key, the error repeats itself ad infinitum.

If I try to index it again, step2_create just crashes altogether.

I'm begging you guys, now. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS.
Quoting so this stays on the forefront.

I got a question: When I say 'no' for not adding one of the parts of a texture to it, what happens? It only includes the one you hit 'yes' for, but does it include the original version of the one I hit no to?
In theory, they're not supposed to appear at all (people do this with the skirt on a lot of Peach's outfits), but when I skip anything, it just makes everything default...

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
In theory, they're not supposed to appear at all (people do this with the skirt on a lot of Peach's outfits), but when I skip anything, it just makes everything default...
I was making an item... and it didnt like the indexing of the other files I didnt edit at all, so I didnt include them.

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
It doesn't work. Some files it says there isn't a pallet when I didn't even edit them, and some that I do edit it crashes upon trying to add them.
This sucks....
*Stops items for now*

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
It doesn't work. Some files it says there isn't a pallet when I didn't even edit them, and some that I do edit it crashes upon trying to add them.
This sucks....
This EXACT thing is happening when I edit certain characters like Marth, Sonic, and Falco! We need a fix for this!

RoyMaster4

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the form of texture, some require a 70 or 72 and some a 150.
But it didn't work at even 2! (One texture I was trying only has 2 colors to begin with).

Why does it sometimes say there is no pallet for the texture I didnt edit, and for the one I did edit...

total alloc: 127303
total freed: 127303
created tpl 02.tpl

Texture: 02.TEX0
Palette: 02.PLT0
Palette detected.
Start: 20
End: 0

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.

el_refugio

Smash Apprentice
It depends on the form of texture, some require a 70 or 72 and some a 150.
No, I will keep repeating that it's incorrect. You can use more colors in most of the cases. Just follow ASH readme file and it will tell you how to know the maximum of colors allowed in THAT texture (not in every texture).
And there are textures with even less than 32 colors (Sonic's shine head, for example).

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Before you go, could you quickly convert that Marth texture I sent you awhile back? :bee:

meleemaster500

Smash Lord
-Whenever you opt out of adding a texture to step 2, it is not included in the pcs file for editing the game. the pcs files apply only what textures have been edited. so if you did not include a texture for part of a character, it is not changed (set to default of whichever texture you were editing)
-every +1 +2 texture must have "mode/indexed" stuff done every time the texture is edited. some textures cannot have the normal 256(5) colors set by default. when adding textures in step 2, the max colors the texture can be set to is listed.
-i'm havin problems with transparencies on stuff. like i'm trying to remove toon link's eyebrows for example, and get a "erroneous colors" error. this happens even if i don't edit the texture at all(then index and save the texture). i'm not sure exactly what to do for most transparencies too, should i color the entire section around the texture (alpha layer) magenta? or should i do it only to the texture area, or should i add the texture area to the alpha layer? (via eraser)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom