• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Effect series discussion

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Finally I've managed to get to a point in the story where I think Omega will make sense, just after the Citadel attack.

I've been playing the game in a way where everything makes sense, so I just finished the second big mission in Leviathan too. I would play it today I'm just faaar to tired, so I'll sleep and wake up early for it tomorrow.

On a different note, there were no balance changes today instead they just added the Huntress in, and we smashed the allied goal (need 50k extractions as certain characters, got 108k) so we all got the Ops Pack increased to 6.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Right just completed Omega and man it was huge, took me about 3 and a half/4 hours, and all in all I'm very pleased it was well worth the wait. Seeing Omega again, and this time seeing it becoming a warzone, was great. Things that were also fantastic was the introduction of class based interupts, I got a paragon one because my Shepard happened to be an Engineer, something that isn't available for the rest of the classes.

For powers, Flare seemed like a massive biotic explosion you could set off by yourself, and Biotic Protector was Armour Lock from Halo Reach, but it gave you boosts after it finished. As for enemies: Rampart Mechs, they're like Dragoons with shotguns and an omni-blade instead of whips, and a tech version of Biotic Protector. Adjutants can leap around and dodge quickly, and they shoot out a massive singularity ball at you which is really disorienting.

All in all I'd say get it before you do another playthrough, it was good to finally have Aria play the bigger part she's been waiting for.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Balance changes, never did last weeks because there was none, instead they just released the Huntress:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
December 4, 2012

Unlocking Male Quarian Marksman Soldier and challenge

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase Ghost and Firebase Giant

Stimulant Pack Power
- Base damage bonus decreased from 10% to 5%
- Base max shield bonus decreased from 2000 to 1200
- Evolution 5 weapon damage bonus decreased from 10% to 8%

Havok Strike Power
- Base cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds
- Base damage increased from 500 to 600

Acolyte Pistol
- Base damage decreased from [420.2-490.0] to [378.0-441.0]

Saber Assault Rifle
- Base damage increased from [427.9-534.8] to [460-575]

Valkyrie Assault Rifle
- Base damage increased from [114.2-142.8] to [119.9-149.9]

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Havok Strike and Saber buffs are awesome. Nerfing the Acolyte after buffing it is dumb.

And the REALLY dumb? The Stimulant Pack s---. Seriously, that was never necessary and completely uncalled for. I legit want to smack every single one of those stupid people who are b----ing about things that are PERFECTLY FINE needing to be nerfed in COOPERATIVE MULTIPLAYER upside the head for being so ridiculously stupid and causing this crap.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Then I guess you wont like to hear that there's a big thread with about 80% of people in it agreeing that Infiltrators should be nerfed.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Then I guess you wont like to hear that there's a big thread with about 80% of people in it agreeing that Infiltrators should be nerfed.

Stuff like that I've stopped feeling anything but apathy for because that announcement simply solidified my knowledge that all on the Bioware forums are "FDAs" and have no common sense. It's no wonder I stopped playing the game.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It all basically boils down to people worrying about being outscored. If Infiltrators get nerfed people will just move onto the next thing that outscores them, and it's not like Infiltrators are even that much better than other classes. Soldiers get better damage output than them with things like Marksman, Adrenaline Rush and Devastator Mode, or destroy crowds in seconds with things like Inferno Grenades. Even the GI can't kill bosses as fast as a Valkyrie can, or make the Geth as big as a joke as the Kroguard can. It just comes down to people complaining about being outscored, and Infiltrators are the easiest classes to get high score with, despite the fact being an Infiltrator doesn't automatically mean you'll be good, otherwise the Salarian, Human and Female Quarian would be amazing, but they're not.

Anyway, on single player news, something big must be brewing for the next (and possibly final) DLC. It has 8 writers confirmed so far (maybe 9), and apparently Kaidan and Seth Green have confirmed to be returning, and the composers have also confirmed to be returning and creating music:

"Tossing in piano and muted strings for this one particular piece. High potential for tears. #ME3DLC"
And usually they just re-use music for DLC's, only big DLC's like the EC had the composers return for them. And if Kaidan is recording lines that means Ashley is too, which pretty much means all the ME3 squad will be, especially if Seth Green was recording lines too. And for some reason him, Ali Hillis (Liara) and the person who voices Jack were all together on Dec 2nd. Don't really know what that was for though, looked like they were at some sort of party, so don't get your hopes up there if you're a Jack fan.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I guess it has to do with being 'outscored', but the score means s--- in multiplayer. Whether you get 1 point or 100,000 points, you still get the same experience and credits. This is even worse than when people in Uncharted 3 were complaining about the GMAL because as soon as that got changed (to them it was a nerf), they then complained about another gun, then the GMAL again, then other guns and boosters, etc. If you cave into what people are complaining about once, they'll just want to make it so you keep caving in again and again.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Some people don't think that way.

It's like playing teams with randoms in Halo. If we win, but I'm the lowest in score. I literally do feel kinda bad.

People really need to understand that the GI is horrible with bosses. I literally only use him for his ability to move around the map quickly and kill the small fry.

:phone:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Some people don't think that way.

It's like playing teams with randoms in Halo. If we win, but I'm the lowest in score. I literally do feel kinda bad.

People really need to understand that the GI is horrible with bosses. I literally only use him for his ability to move around the map quickly and kill the small fry.

:phone:

I know, it just seems odd to me that people have difficulty grasping a "what's good for the team is good for me" mentality in multiplayer games like this (or even in Team Deathmatch games to a degree). I mean...am I missing something and is it like a really difficult concept and a lot to ask of people to expect them to understand it?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I know, it just seems odd to me that people have difficulty grasping a "what's good for the team is good for me" mentality in multiplayer games like this (or even in Team Deathmatch games to a degree). I mean...am I missing something and is it like a really difficult concept and a lot to ask of people to expect them to understand it?
Well luckily, despite there being TONS of "nerf the TC" threads appearing, a poll asking if it should be nerfed (set up by a pro-nerfer) backfired and it seems that about 85% of BSN doesn't want it nerfed. So maybe Bioware will see it's only a minority of the minority that want it nerfed.

On SP news, all that stuff I mentioned about the next DLC? Yeah, gaming websites are reporting on it now. Looks like I'm so fast at finding news about this game that I beat even the magazines made for this very thing.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Well luckily, despite there being TONS of "nerf the TC" threads appearing, a poll asking if it should be nerfed (set up by a pro-nerfer) backfired and it seems that about 85% of BSN doesn't want it nerfed. So maybe Bioware will see it's only a minority of the minority that want it nerfed.

On SP news, all that stuff I mentioned about the next DLC? Yeah, gaming websites are reporting on it now. Looks like I'm so fast at finding news about this game that I beat even the magazines made for this very thing.

I'm currently having a blonde moment and don't know what you mean by TC right now. And apparently...Mass Effect 1 is available for PS3 now?

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Oh, duh. And it's ALREADY been given a big nerf that it NEVER needed to have in any way...urgh. As for ME1, anybody know the price of it?
Dunno, but you can get the Trilogy for £40 here (the price of a normal game and a discount on buying all 3 games seperate), I'm buying it as a Christmas present for a girl I know.

Why would tac cloak get nerfed again?!
It started because the Huntress' weapon damage bonus from TC is bugged, she doesn't get any weapon bonuses, and then because Bioware nerfed Stim Packs. People pointed out this would affect the Havok harder than the Ghost, seeing as though the Havok is basically a really crappy Vanguard who can't restore his shields, so Bioware said they were buffing Havok Strike to make up for it and that settled everyone.

Come Tuesday they nerfed Stim Packs and under-buffed Havok Strike, so the Havok was hit pretty hard and didn't get nearly a big enough buff offset it, so some guy who can solo Platinums, and all his friends, started threads demanding Tac Cloak to be nerfed.

Looks like it's fading a bit now though. Even though there's tons of threads on it there's only 49 people out of 402 that voted for it to be nerfed, so it's just a really loud minority.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Dunno, but you can get the Trilogy for £40 here (the price of a normal game and a discount on buying all 3 games seperate), I'm buying it as a Christmas present for a girl I know.

It started because the Huntress' weapon damage bonus from TC is bugged, she doesn't get any weapon bonuses, and then because Bioware nerfed Stim Packs. People pointed out this would affect the Havok harder than the Ghost, seeing as though the Havok is basically a really crappy Vanguard who can't restore his shields, so Bioware said they were buffing Havok Strike to make up for it and that settled everyone.

Come Tuesday they nerfed Stim Packs and under-buffed Havok Strike, so the Havok was hit pretty hard and didn't get nearly a big enough buff offset it, so some guy who can solo Platinums, and all his friends, started threads demanding Tac Cloak to be nerfed.

Looks like it's fading a bit now though. Even though there's tons of threads on it there's only 49 people out of 402 that voted for it to be nerfed, so it's just a really loud minority.
So in other words, the elitists are butthurt that their favorite character isn't that good right now and want another character nerfed as compensation?

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So in other words, the elitists are butthurt that their favorite character isn't that good right now and want another character nerfed as compensation?

Wait...the people that are always complaining about how things need to be nerfed are now upset that something hasn't been buffed? What the f---? Good lord...

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Nah it was people who have solo'd Platinum multiple times with many different characters asking for Infiltrators to be nerfed. I'm not joking.

On different note, here's FemShep, MaleShep and Garrus all talking to each other at the VGA's.

People who have so little of a life that they can ACTUALLY Solo Platinum PERIOD have zero right to be talking about and deciding what should be nerfed and buffed. The casual people who play it for fun and don't obsess over maxing out everything should decide.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I said something similar, the incredible minority that can solo platinum aren't accurate representations of the community, so shouldn't be demanding nerfs on things that'll affect all of us.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Yeah but the poll pretty much quietened most of the threads. It really looked like most of BSN wanted it nerfed until that poll showed it was just a really loud minority.

On a different note the community has made a bunch of lore friendly character ideas, from the simple such as ex-Cerberus Engineer's who deploy Shield Pylons, to the more out of the box ideas like Collector Thralls and Geth Adepts. All technically fit within the lore, and it's actually quite strange that there are no Geth Biotics seeing as though the codex from even the first game makes the concept possible.

And in single player news, ME3 won RPG of the Year, meaning all 3 games won that award.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
Well we already have a Turian with biotics in MP and Omega eleborated on them, and the Engineer is probably going to be the character released this tuesday.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
So big buffs this week:

December 11, 2012

Unlocking Turian Saboteur Engineer and challenge

New hazard maps available this week are Firebase White and Firebase Glacier

Tactical Cloak (Asari Infiltrator only)
- Note: the Asari Tactical Cloak damage bonus only applies to powers and melees
- Base damage bonus increased from 40% to 60%
- Evolution 2 damage bonus increased from 40% to 60%
- Evolution 6 power damage bonus increased from 25% to 40%

Quarian Defender Passive Power (Male Quarian Soldier only)
- Base weapon damage bonus increased from 2.5% to 7.5%
- Evolution 6 weapon damage bonus increased from 10% to 12.5%

Vorcha Hunter Engineer
- Starting encumbrance capacity increased from 30% to 40%

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
It's because the Asari's Tac Cloak is glitched and doesn't give her a weapon bonus, and the MQS has lower fitness due to an oversight. Vorcha Engineer buff is just good in general.

Now there's only 3 more characters to come out, the Batarian Slasher who is boring, the Volus Vanguard who should be fun, and the Drell Infiltrator who everyone has been demanding for months, hence the reason Bioware has been holding him back.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
It's because the Asari's Tac Cloak is glitched and doesn't give her a weapon bonus, and the MQS has lower fitness due to an oversight. Vorcha Engineer buff is just good in general.

Now there's only 3 more characters to come out, the Batarian Slasher who is boring, the Volus Vanguard who should be fun, and the Drell Infiltrator who everyone has been demanding for months, hence the reason Bioware has been holding him back.

I didn't know the Quarian Marksman had lower health. I mean, I don't have him to know that so it's kinda not for me to have known. So...the Drell Infiltrator is the one with Homing Grenade and Recon Mine right? Hm...

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
3 new characters:

December 18, 2012

There will be no balance updates for the next 3 weeks due to the Christmas holidays

Two new packs added to the store:
- Reserves Pack - for players who want character unlocks and upgrades
- Arsenal Pack - for players who want weapon unlocks and upgrades

Unlocking Volus Protector Vanguard and challenge
Unlocking Batarian Slasher Adept and challenge
Unlocking Drell Assassin Infiltrator and challenge

All hazard maps are now unlocked for the Christmas holidays

Acolyte Pistol
- Reverting pistol to original state before the attempted rocket glitch fix since the change
did not curb the use of the glitch

Sabotage Power
- Base cooldown decreased from 14 to 10 seconds
- Base backfire damage decreased 300 to 250

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Excited for the 3rd character listed there, and I actually can understand and respect the Sabotage balance change. Like, yeah they reduced something on it, but I feel they fairly made up for it.

Also holy s--- at those new packs. I hope they're permanent and they're EXACTLY what I, and many others have been hoping for.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
The Volus is great fun, I like the Drell but he just doesn't match how fun zipping around as a Volguard is.

In other news, new MP DLC confirmed, Mass Effect 3: *Reckoning. All we know right now is it has the Chakram Launcher in it.

Name not 100% confirmed.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The Volus is great fun, I like the Drell but he just doesn't match how fun zipping around as a Volguard is.

In other news, new MP DLC confirmed, Mass Effect 3: *Reckoning. All we know right now is it has the Chakram Launcher in it.

Name not 100% confirmed.

I've gotta know though. PLEASE tell me the Volus Vanguard's charge is like Blanka's roll attack.

Top Bottom