• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness 9 Results: KevinM was there!

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
who's gimpyfish? this guy talks as if he were pro or something ... psssh noobs

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Gimpy believes in Jesus Christ?

i read that verse ... we are brothers in the battle of God :)

it warms my heart 2 witness this

flaco

The Terminator
DING DING DING we have a winner .... u r 10% correct adn thats y i have this as a gamertag

i am puertorican and use to listen to them all the time ....

people think my name is ken when really it is Angel

but i am impressed in ur cultural knowledge ... u get an A in smashtalk
yea thanks man lol 100 puertorican lol

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
apparently kevinm was there

and apparently so was snake lol
Oh hai, i was der. Can I has cake? We can eat it in my box together :3

Shout outsss:

Omegablackmage: Kids too goot, thanks for having me over this weekend, next time choke less please :3

Renoooo: Good stuffs mang, was good to see you and definatly need to get friendlies some time, ill cya at a NY weekly or if you come to CT / MA so on enogh, and im glad that i make you want to get better! Cus that excites me, for i dont know if ive ever been able to make people feel like that in the past.

Cortles: Inspirinational?

Pcles: Sensational?

Duzway: HO HO HEY HOATIONAL?!

Darc; Im glad i didnt have to battle you in tourney, i was scurred

Nuro: Same as darc, your too goot, we definatly need friendlies one of these days

Unknown / Cobra: You guys are great, hope to see you guys soon, sorry i really didnt play w/ ya, wasnt feeling well, and well.. still havent been :(

Lolisaurschen: Yes, we must get some DDR'age in soon. and next time ill try to remember that PS2 pad XD. Sorry im 12 and fat, i forget things.

Whotemagooo: Good work wes, youve improved greatly in a short period of time, mages will rise to the top and devour all the small children.

A-A-A-AISER UPPERCUT: Your Cute, Wanna make love?

Axel: Good work, your ddr moves / taste is glorious, but the ***** w/ the white hat is mine, back off.

Silas: DONUUUTSS nomnomnomnomnomnomnom
Seriously, we will play some live soon, i promise :3

Sexy: Your pictures of anal sex insire me

Hayatooo: We hardly even saw each other, it saddens me

KDJ: Your captain falcon scares me, next time we need to play real matchs , k ? :)

KevinM: I LOVE J000 , it was good to finally see you again, it had been oh so very long, i demand this feeling inside of me, far more often.

Slerlerlerlerlerl: Play brawl, thanks.

Zoooosoooo: <3<3<3

Elennn: yellooooowwwww

GU: Good work , i love you guys

Boxmennnsss: :(

CT: Slackers

Jinx: Your meta knight is actually respectable unlike most metas, intelligent, and skillful, rather than LOL TORNADO . But i will have my revenge next time :3

Buu: BOWSAH POWAHH . stick to it kit

Coreys friend: Your name is failing me. Hai how are you? I am the keeper of the Dark Black Forest, how can i assist you?? KEKEKEKE

So kits, if you havent noticed, this medication that they gave me to counter the dizzyness, is fantastic. But im still pretty dizzy. I demand lion crafting on the pylon networks

Blue Death Solid Kannon Signing Out

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Nuro - Loses to my Kirby in brawl sometimes. Good game

Dark Cloud - You suck at Brawl lol <3 Who gets killed by metaknight?

L1F3 - It's always a pleasure seeing you. Fun matches dittos. I'll play you more next time I see you.

Gonzales - Dudeeeeeeeeeee haven't seen you in FOREVER!

PotHead - Haha you take my money in brawl now.

Alex Slam - Nice meeting you, good games. You make the weirdest noises in matches. XD

Cort - My Falco is different. and proud. xD

HBK - Talking about you right infront of you lol

Racer X (Elen) - Good job!

ZoSo - Let me run off the stage and get really high up and DAIR you real quick.

Skler - Didn't play you. Again.

Hazzard - Fun ****ing matches. Come to MM10

AOI - I should play you more. You got better.

Vigilante - Thanks for the ride home

Trees - Sup dude. Didn't play you 1 on 1

Aiser - Money matches are the only thing that can stop my sandbagging XD I wasn't
sandbagging too much. I'm really rusty, you know.

3x - Love the falco dittos

Speed Racer (Questor) - Our Samus dittos suck now. Sorry. D:

Pine - What is good

AwesomeSean - Assmannnnnnnnn

Roman - $5 MM at the first person to grow a beard that wraps around the earth. And then
eat it.

Milktea - Generally things you put in your hair WILL become warm, duh.

KevinM - Starving ourselves ftw

Spife - o hai

Purple Cobra - I didn't play you. Saw you falling asleep though.

Jordan - Dude you DEFINITELY are getting better. Keep it up

Yandr - Wtf I can't beat you in money matches

Arc - Godddd. Stop making comebacks on me, jesus. You are too good. Don't let the adrenaline get to you. It is a nice feeling but ****s up your game. Trust me

Forgot anyone?
Nope.
Brawl sucks my **** etc etc

dudutsai

Smash Lord
Waah nobody mentions me.

Maybe I'll have to get an avatar.... or some anti-suck medicine.

Shoutouts to come.......... eventually.

Jinx

Smash Journeyman
gimpy must play meta knight or something for such words

i bet he only tries to play a bowser or something
I heard he gets pissed & whines after getting beasted by my boy Dieslow's Snake. =P

Also, forgot to mention that Sarath's Kirby is beast & Emmy's Olimar is nasty 2 (but Luigi seems pretty good vs Oli).

Bracket (Elen linked me 2 it): http://allisbrawl.com/brackets/bracket1280.gif

trademark0013

Smash Champion
ññññ

he is basically saying he is the supple 16 year old negro in the hoodie, playing melee
def not... :(
such noob **** goin down up in this heezy foreezy
yea, saying "heezy" is def noobish
your user name reminds me of a spanish reggeaton singer called ken y like rakim y ken y
thats what i thought
DING DING DING we have a winner .... u r 10% correct adn thats y i have this as a gamertag
10%? then whats the other 90?

milktea: *wave wave*

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion

Guy with handcuffs: TOO GOOOOOOD

:edit:

Uhmm, on a more serious note..to state the obvious in non-fighting words.. I saw a ton of new faces there at Mass Madness, far more than usual, all of which disappeared by throughout half the day once they were eliminated or Melee began. I never really interacted with anyone new (my fault) and also didn't see new folk interact with the older Smash scene.

I feel like Brawl/Melee really creates a rift in the community, but differences aside, we're still kids with coinciding interests, so next tournament I hope to see more interaction between various cliques and I hope to meet far more new people :). Don't shy away from us lewl. I met like 3 new people at this tournament :(! *Pops your bubble.* Smash scene can be a social scene if you let it be n_n;, don't just compete and leave lewl.
Feels totally pimp again. Thanks.

And from the perspective of someone new to the scene, it's kind of intimidating. I loved Melee, even though I was never remotely competitive level at it. Always wanted to hit tourney's but knew I couldn't hack it. That combined with hands that are sometimes too ******** to remember specific motions in crucial moments, the Adv. Techs helped scare me away from trying.

So coming in now to a fully fledged community as the new guy is a bit scary. I decided to come in with Brawl because it's fresh. And techs that appear I'll have plenty of time to learn or try and figure out a way around them in time. The Melee Pros will be ahead of me but not by as much so it's just easier. But all the Brawl vs. Melee stuff that's going on makes it that much harder to talk to/meet the old school players. I half expect most of the people at tourney's to scoff at me and call me a scrub solely because of the fact that I don't play Melee.

I've found out I'm wrong, on many occasions. Milktea was totally cool to me. PC Chris has been really nice anytime we've talked, even if it's always been short. Dazwa is really chill. Emmy and I talked quite a bit at this tourney and she's great. Flaco has become my scene anchor. He seems to know everyone a little so I tend to hang around him alot. The only person who wasn't amazingly cool that I've met/played is Banks. Which is understandable.

When I played him at Esticle, I really should have been out already, and he doesn't enjoy Brawl(plus he seemed extremely tired too). That combined with the fact that I barely tried in that match(johns...) and he destroyed me with out even trying. Pika Dsmash and Thunder GO!. I just didn't try. I was tired, discouraged, and when within seconds I was losing I gave up that match. ::shrug:: Either way I'd have lost but I left him no challenge so, in that case I was the noob scrub.

::quick edit:: But don't get me wrong. He definatly seemed like a cool guy. Just not at all interested in the match. I'm not trying to hate on Banks at all. Just saying that's the closest I've come to a bad Smash Community moment. And it was mostly just disinterest in the match and tired. Thusly not super chatty. Banks is still a good guy in my book.

I think the old schoolers need to reach out a bit more, but that can be incredibly hard because there are probably people showing that'll never bother again. Brawls shiney and new, and it'll attract a couple people that won't stay. I think when the Brawl vs. Melee thing dies down some and when Brawl becomes a little less shiney things will get better. That's for sure.

But this Brawl/Melee thing is really getting out of control. They stuff that went down in the Esticle thread, and I can definatly see both sides of what happened, had me so down, and convinced you all hated Brawl Players, enough that I was planning to not show to Mass Madness and just not bother trying any more. I'm incredibly glad I didn't go that route, and plan to show up to every event I can. But, really, isn't there any happy medium guys?

This is a generally happy community. And I hope the newbies and the old schoolers can start to meld more, alot like Milk Tea mentioned, but I've heard it suggested before and I think it's a great idea. Instead of just hating brawl just try to educate. If a brawl player is a huge newb give them some pointers. Cobra and Emmy showed/told me a good bit at the tourney. Encourage them to try out Melee and try and help them in that if you get them too.

I'm not gunna lie, when Elen kept pushing Melee I really considered playing. And encouragement on that game and pointers might have gotten me to keep it up. It's not a bad way to save Melee, but you'll probably have to accept Brawl as well. This post went in a giant circle, and I don't think I made my points correctly(I just got outta work and I'm incredibly tired), but I wanted to say a few things and I hope my points got across in my tired ranting.

But to sum up: Milk Tea totally makes me feel pimp. And for that the entire Smash Community rocks!

(But really. Thanks for being so welcoming, at least to me, I really look forward to the next event. And I'm not nearly as intimidated as I used to be. Now I just gotta get rid of the "OMG THIS IS A TOURNEY MATCH" gitters that seem to be affecting my play subconsciously.)

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
And now I officially think Banks is awesome. In fact awesome is not nearly a strong enough word. I know think he might actually be Captain Falcon.

BDawgPHD

Smash Ace
I heard he gets pissed & whines after getting beasted by my boy Dieslow's Snake. =P

Also, forgot to mention that Sarath's Kirby is beast & Emmy's Olimar is nasty 2 (but Luigi seems pretty good vs Oli).

oh man, I remember gimpy's "wsnake is not a character" phase =3

dark cloud's olimar is pretty sexy too, I haven't played Emmy's though. And supposedly Luigi's tornado just repels pikmins, at least that's what I heard after the tournament XD

memphischains

Smash hhkj'

And now I officially think Banks is awesome. In fact awesome is not nearly a strong enough word. I know think he might actually be Captain Falcon.
oh man, I remember gimpy's "wsnake is not a character" phase =3

dark cloud's olimar is pretty sexy too, I haven't played Emmy's though. And supposedly Luigi's tornado just repels pikmins, at least that's what I heard after the tournament XD

All of the bold and my string lust to tear off the heads of pikmin had just made me a luigi player

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
GaW is gonna get shut down by Zoot Suit before that happens, OBM :)

MdrnDayMercutio, that was beautiful.

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Feels totally pimp again. Thanks.

And from the perspective of someone new to the scene, it's kind of intimidating. I loved Melee, even though I was never remotely competitive level at it. Always wanted to hit tourney's but knew I couldn't hack it. That combined with hands that are sometimes too ******** to remember specific motions in crucial moments, the Adv. Techs helped scare me away from trying.
?@?@??!?! shush. Why be intimidated by that? I came into smash late, and I still do okay.

But this Brawl/Melee thing is really getting out of control. They stuff that went down in the Esticle thread, and I can definatly see both sides of what happened, had me so down, and convinced you all hated Brawl Players, enough that I was planning to not show to Mass Madness and just not bother trying any more. I'm incredibly glad I didn't go that route, and plan to show up to every event I can. But, really, isn't there any happy medium guys?

This is a generally happy community. And I hope the newbies and the old schoolers can start to meld more, alot like Milk Tea mentioned, but I've heard it suggested before and I think it's a great idea. Instead of just hating brawl just try to educate. If a brawl player is a huge newb give them some pointers. Cobra and Emmy showed/told me a good bit at the tourney. Encourage them to try out Melee and try and help them in that if you get them too.
yea, I know what you mean... I hate brawl.. but that doesn't mean imma treat people like a d00sh :X Anyways... yea, the smash community is amazing :] awesome people. Btw, banks is the ****, but idk, he could have just been in a bad mood or something, in our melee matches he was quiet tool, not to mention he was out of practice, so that could have been bugging him.

Arite imma end this, but let's just say that falcon has some mean nipples.

Top Bottom