• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mass Madness Ranking Battle +$250 to singles pot!

Almo

Smash Ace
Just played melee for the first time since Spring (minus one time with Cort in August)

I am ****ing awful lol. Even though i probably won't win a set i'll attend anyway and this is going to be fun, only a month and a half away, HYPE!

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Why'd you decide to do pools that way? The numbers seem kind of arbitrary.

just curious.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Why'd you decide to do pools that way? The numbers seem kind of arbitrary.

just curious.
I did a run through on Tio of it if we had 50 entrants to see what would be efficient.
Those two are what I found to be the best without using a ton of TVs.
Thats why I said it is subject to change if we have more than 50 people.
If we have less, well, then it's just easier to run and modify.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Yeah mass madness 24 was sort of a wake-up call huh? The pools idea is a good one, i don't mind as long as i don't get a pool filled with darc banks kdj elen ect ect, i should do moderatly good at the very least lol

Banks

Smash Hero
if you do it this way, the people highest on the list (ie making it to the bracket) won't be playing each other except whoever happens to play in the bracket, so the bracket needs to be extremely well seeded

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Is it just me or did you remove the date for this? Can you remind me of it again?

AtlNorth Melee: Mass Madness Ranking Battle !!!UPDATE TO FIRST POST!!! - 1/15/11 - Framingham, Massachusetts

It's dumb, and doesn't display in the thread title while viewing the thread

Prawn

Smash Master
who wants to smoke special ciggerettes with me here

also matt can i do commentary? I'd need someone like darc or you or another good melee player to help because i dont know the ins and outs but i think i can do a good job

The Irish Mafia

Banned via Administration
James does.
Also, James wants to do commentary with Paul.

BTW, for the sake of the tournament, I want to say that if anyone who plans on attending owns a setup, it needs to be at this tournament. Seriously, the number of TV's and Cubes at this tournament will decide if it is a success or a failure.
Matt, I also expect you to run this tournament on a schedule tighter than laytex. We're talking 12-year-old tight.

Top Bottom