• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Match-Up Chart (Outdated); please refer to the new chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Those are good examples - thanks. It looks like CCing goes both ways in the matchup, though I'm not convinced that Fox can use those CC tricks if Marth spaces correctly and tippers the aerials.
NA, you're very welcome. And if Marth tippers the aerials it just gives fox the opportunity to ASDI a tech and at that point it's up to the Marth to see it coming and react fast enough. If not the games starts all over again, or Fox capitalizes.

Marth>>Fox
Beat JMan in tourney =P jk love your Marth though, come to HERB3.

Heart Break Kid

Smash Lord
Ive beaten Jman multiple times in tourny. I jus dnt get the pleasure of playing him anymore because were never at the same tourny. Theres an HERB 3? News to me

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
I still feel that Raptor Boost ***** ICs, but I mean I only live 5 mins away from NC's best IC main.
Just saw this.

D`aaaawww. You're sweet but I'm not that good.

Raptor Boost is one of those options that just wierd to use. Its high risk high reward against everyone. IC can actually sheildgrab it if we time the grab perfectly and we can Bair OoS if he crosses us up. However if the falcon crosses up our shield with an aerial and expects a Bair, he can Raptor Boost after the aerial to avoid the Bair altogether and then **** us.

It's really weird.

I'll try to discuss more of IC's matchups when the time comes but Fly's more knowledgeable than I and we're on Fox right now.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
Are we discussing Marth v. Fox on NTSC, or Pal, because his falling after shine definitely changes the matchup slightly.

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
But, IMO, the matchup really depends on the stage. On stages like Yoshi's, Marth ***** Fox, but on stages like Corneria, Fox has the upper hand.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I think on yoshi's Marth brings the m/u back to even, and maybe also on FoD. I think on the other neutrals fox has enough room to camp effectively. Stage striking wise it'd go like this:

Fox strikes yoshi's, FD
Marth strikes Dream land and probably battlefield.

So I guess first match would be on FoD (most likely). In my region, pokestad is left as neutral and we stage strike till we have two and then random between the two, which gives more stage variety. I am not really sure what stage this match-up will most likely take place on, but it'd probably between FoD and BF.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
We've heard plenty of reasoning for Fox > Puff but when top Jiggly players not only say otherwise, but also happen to consistently beat just about every Fox player out there, it's easy to see why calling it close to even isn't unreasonable.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Fox >> Y.link or >>> y.link would both be acceptable, but I just can't see fox and falco be in the same difficulty class. That's my only beef with >>>.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
>> implies that the matchup is reasonably winnable but very difficult.
>>> implies that it's almost hopeless if the opponent doesn't make many mistakes. There are different degrees of a hopeless matchup, so they can still both be >>>

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I PM'd Mango to ask what he thinks of Fox/Jigglypuff, so hopefully we'll get some more insight.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I think you guys are being played around a little too easily. =P

Edit: It's like if the president says some random **** or promises to have everyone elect him. But is it really true? Probably not. lol.

What you see or hear is not always true!

Lovage

Smash Hero
no he's probably going to say "omg you guys are dumb fox raaaapes puff"

just like how he thinks marth is the best character in the game and jiggs is 5th >_>
i don't think u guys should hang on the every word of pros like mango and m2k
they change their minds a lot and half the time aren't that serious when they say stuff like that (like mango saying marth is the best)

The Star King

Smash Hero
We've heard plenty of reasoning for Fox > Puff but when top Jiggly players not only say otherwise, but also happen to consistently beat just about every Fox player out there, it's easy to see why calling it close to even isn't unreasonable.
I disagree with this, because when you say "top Jiggly players" you are of course talking about Mango and Hungrybox, and while they DO beat just about every Fox player, they beat about every player in general. They're just really ****ing good players. With your logic, you're saying Jiggly has no bad match-ups since these players beat everybody.

unknown522

Some guy
@ KK - Fox is gay with like all of his attacks, Marth needs a grab to win.

@ NA - I can't believe your ignorance in this match-up. M2K CC's to grab all the time. I'm done with Marth vs Fox. I've already explained myself. oh btw, Fox can CC fair to upsmash, and ASDI a tech from the dash attack
gottal love marth's easy grab -> death combos.

Fox isn't the only one who can do **** in the matchup.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
i don't think u guys should hang on the every word of pros like mango and m2k
they change their minds a lot and half the time aren't that serious when they say stuff like that (like mango saying marth is the best)
Well they pretty much have most players around their fingers.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
You make it seem like Marth has zero setups for grab.
I mean, I kinda have to to get my point across. Fox > Marth is such a "radical" idea around here, and if I make the match-up seem close people are going to be like, "oh it's pretty close let's call it even." I don't agree with even. I'm just trying to get my point across.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Dark, its not in fox's favor. Fox can do really well against marth, but marth can do really well against fox. Its an even matchup, both players must play patiently and smart, and whoever does that better wins. If either hits the other, it basically leads to a grab. If either grabs the other, its a free combo to 60% or more. They both cover the stage 100% once they get stage control.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I think its in fox's favor.

Marth is pretty much just has more range, fox has the speed to counter.

Fox just has many more options to get kills at all percents. Marth only does well vs fox at lower mid percents.

If you get him too high you are at a disadvantage because you can no longer combo, which is pretty much when marth gets his kills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom