• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to use .obj files? I just got my hands on a Dr Mario and Roy models.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Well, you must be a god and hex the .obj file to properly convert him as MDL0.
I recently saw one that posted a pic of the Spy from TF2 putted into Brawl Box.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Would it be possible to use .obj files? I just got my hands on a Dr Mario and Roy models.
It's possible, but I still have to figure out how to convert rigged models to the MDL0 format before it can be done properly.

Well, you must be a god and hex the .obj file to properly convert him as MDL0.
I recently saw one that posted a pic of the Spy from TF2 putted into Brawl Box.
That was a fake image, but I believe that, if given a few weeks to work on it, I could put the Spy into Brawl.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
****! Well, maybe I can find a converter to... well, convert, obj to mld0

EDIT: Double Ninja'd. AGAIN! Er... well, at least I have the models for when the time comes.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
****! Well, maybe I can find a converter to... well, convert, obj to mld0

EDIT: Double Ninja'd. AGAIN! Er... well, at least I have the models for when the time comes.
When that day comes, people can finally make their own models, because 3ds exports .obj's :3.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Progress!

Rock lee is scaled up 11 times larger, so now he is roughly the size of captain falcon

ds22

Smash Lord
Still no fix for these problems?

Still have these problems even after deleting the black Polygons.
The texture only acts normal when loaded on select stages (Battlefield, Smashville) or loaded after an normal Brawl character (It's smoothened up then, which looks nice).

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Anyway, I know now why it screwed up.
It seems that SSBB Polygon Deleter also deleted a part of the MDL0 header.
After fixing it it acted normal again.
Still, the texture problem remains.
Can you please tell me which part of the header?
Through pm since this is off topic.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
well, here he is, proper size

as you can see, the bones look smaller, but they are still size 1. and notice the size of the checkers on the floor. its time to ANIMATE!

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
just scale up the vertices in vertex editing,
then use this : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025fbf71e74b1fbc142f7e866bfb1230ce0
to scale all bones translations by the same amount (which only supports whole numbers at the moment)
and it should work...
the program simply multiplies whatever number you have in the clipboard by the number you define, so you can go through each one, and hit control c, then control V

Edit:

as you can see, lee is about to murder Cfalcon. and c falcon isnt 11 times bigger than normal, cuz neither is lee

@ds22 i got that same texture problem. it turns out i was just testing all that on smashville or battle field :\

anyone willing to do animations for him, pm me

ds22

Smash Lord
then use this : http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=923825a38d1cc4fa931c7453395df025fbf71e74b1fbc142f7e866bfb1230ce0
to scale all bones translations by the same amount (which only supports whole numbers at the moment)
and it should work...
the program simply multiplies whatever number you have in the clipboard by the number you define, so you can go through each one, and hit control c, then control V

Edit:
*Lee punch*
as you can see, lee is about to murder Cfalcon. and c falcon isnt 11 times bigger than normal, cuz neither is lee

@ds22 i got that same texture problem. it turns out i was just testing all that on smashville or battle field :\

Fortwaffles, can I send you the Naruto model so that you can size-fix it for me?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
and it should work...

Edit:

Yo fortwaffles. I just got done renaming and changing the bone indexes of certain bones of Klonoa's to work like luigi's but he still looks messed up when using luigis animations. Anything else i need to do to make him at least stand up like luigi or do i have to redo all the animations using Klonoa's animations?

Thunderspam

Smash Journeyman
I know everyone is super busy, but if anyone has the chance, can you tear open Animal Crossing City Folk for me? Yeah, if they are MDL0s, can you send me the model for Nook? And probably the axe and shovel while you are at it. Kthnxguise. I want to start animating if I can.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I know everyone is super busy, but if anyone has the chance, can you tear open Animal Crossing City Folk for me? Yeah, if they are MDL0s, can you send me the model for Nook? And probably the axe and shovel while you are at it. Kthnxguise. I want to start animating if I can.
Once I get the iso I'll see what I can do.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
*looks at new avatar*

Hmm. I forget, does PokePark have Aggron?

...dang. Apparently not. Oh well, my dreams of a playable Aggron will have to wait.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
what about mewtwo?

also, somebody look at bomberman land wii and see if we can get the white bomber. or better yet, what tools do i need to get at the iso files? just wii scrubber?

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Just to look at and extract the files, you only need Wii Scrubber. Extracting archives (.pac, .arc, .rarc, etc.) and converting models is entirely another issue, but I'm sure you know that.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys I'm looking at another one of klonoa's animation files and for some reason. They aren't in CHR0 format. There are a lot different SHP0 parts in it. I tried hex editing to a CHR0 cuz they looked similar. But it wouldnt work in brawl box. Anyone know anything about SHP0s?

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys had power out since my last post
i bet u missed me ;P
anyway i'd rather try and get naruto's animations working from his game than try and make custom ones, but if i have to i will :/

Dibs on Naruto (together with piggybank67).
NOICCEEEEE!
my top priority GET RASENGAN TO WORK MUHWHAWHAHWHAWHWAAAHHAHAHAHA

I posted about that a few pages ago. I was able to get the animations working, 1 by 1.

But how i did it is seperated into 2 different posts.
post it in 1? or ask RandomTBush to add to orig post and credit u

EDIT: and ds22 when u get fortwaffles to make the model bigger can u send it to me?
or can fortwaffles send it to me ty in advance :p

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Yo fortwaffles. I just got done renaming and changing the bone indexes of certain bones of Klonoa's to work like luigi's but he still looks messed up when using luigis animations. Anything else i need to do to make him at least stand up like luigi or do i have to redo all the animations using Klonoa's animations?
its the defult rotation of parts for his T-Pose. I may fix rock lee's, so he can use C Falcon's animations

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
sorry guys had power out since my last post

post it in 1? or ask RandomTBush to add to orig post and credit u
Those sneaky *******s hid the animation brres inside of the main brres for the character. It doesnt show up in BrawlBox though, at all, even if the character is functioning in-game. In a hexeditor, I searched for "bres", that went to the first one that had the mdl0 and textures. Then searched again for the next one. There was another one that I ingnored and will go back to, but I searched a third time, and there it was, another bres, and further down it said chr0. Delete everything before that bres that contained the animations. Save that, and if you open it in BB, it will show a bunch of chr0's with no names or animations that change. The number of frames will all also be the same for all of them. The unknowns are filled with random numbers, and the frame count is 0.

export the animation data of the character your replacing and open it in a hex editor. Copy the entire thing until you get to the first CHR0. See how many bytes that is. Then see how many bytes it is from the beginning to the first CHR0 in the other animation data(the one from another game). If it's smaller than the original character's, then when you paste it, it will overwrite some of the CHR0. So add some bytes right before the CHR0 to make them equal. Paste(overwrite) and you should end up with the beginning of the animation data from the original character and everything else from the other character, without the extra bytes you added. Save that and open it in BrawlBox. This time, the folders shouldn't even have names, just completely random symbols. When you expand the first folder, there is one CHR0 listed. It doesn't have a name, or a frame count, and both of the unknowns are messed up. The rest of the file is non-recognizable to BB.(except for some strange msg files I found in there). Give that one chr0 a name, change the unknowns to 0. And change the frame count to 100. Export that animation and test it out in BrawlBox. If it works, awesome. To get the rest of the animations, you just have to keep on emptying out the file. Copy the entire first chr0, and delete it from the file. That would make the second one right up against the header. With the first one deleted. Repeat the renaming part.

...I'll clean that up, since it seems to be a mess.

Top Bottom