• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I sent a mewtwo and roy models to fortwaffles... I think they were in .obj, so maybe hes up to something...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks for the information, TBush. That really sucks, it would have saved me a lot of work.

Hmm, if you have the ISO, could you please send me these? Arcanine, Hitmonlee, Jolteon, Dragonite, Feraligator, Umbreon, Tyranitar, Blaziken, Tropius, Absol, Salamence and Togekiss. I don't really need them all right now, but the ones I would really need would probably be Togekiss, Arcanine, Umbreon and Tyranitar. I am working on Pokefloats 2, which the first version failed because the Pokemon Trophy didn't scale. These Pokemon could be in the stage, and I could also put them on like, Pokemon Stadium, and give them custom animations.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I sent a mewtwo and roy models to fortwaffles... I think they were in .obj, so maybe hes up to something...
Could you PM me Mewtwo please? I like models n stuff, I papercraft things.

@BSZ, how do you plan to go about making the pokemon move? Pokefloats was one of my favorite stages, so I am looking forward to the release, if it is a success that is.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
I wish I had half of your animating skills.
i really don't see what's so hard abt it
i just open my brawlbox EXACTLY like that half what im working on
and half what i want then just guess and check numbers until it's right
haha

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Someone needs to write a 3DS max plugin for chr0's and mdl0's so we can animate properly with IK solvers and a timeline and all that other awesome stuff.
OR add that stuff to brawlbox?
haha

EDIT: the wait animation looks A LITTLE awkward from the front
but who cares when do u ever see that side :p

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Could you PM me Mewtwo please? I like models n stuff, I papercraft things.

@BSZ, how do you plan to go about making the pokemon move? Pokefloats was one of my favorite stages, so I am looking forward to the release, if it is a success that is.
Sure, I'll have to re-up it though.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I need help on fixing toad! Toad doesn't move on the ground unless he's dashing. Can someone fix this? I'll PM tthe character to you. it goes over green alloy.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
Here are pictures of my progress

Whenever he walks or runs, he gets stuck in the ground. The only way for him to move on the ground is by dashing.

This could be

A. MEATSHIELD!
B. eating her
C. lovin
D. carrying her like in SMB2

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
zero model... knuckles model... this is it...

I dislike naruto alot, don't know why, but if you make him I'll will take it to my SD card ASAP so I can fight against him, hope he's AI is good, so the cpu can do well as him

but I will "Definitivamente" use Zero and Knuckles as my mains @v@

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
zero model... knuckles model... this is it...

I dislike naruto alot, don't know why, but if you make him I'll will take it to my SD card ASAP so I can fight against him, hope he's AI is good, so the cpu can do well as him

but I will "Definitely" use Zero and Knuckles as my mains @v@
I am going to translate everything anybody says, because I am tired of people speaking in a language I don't understand.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
sorry brawlshifter T.T

It's just that that word never comes to me when I want to say it on english >.<

I'm puertorrican and my english needs to be pulished, I speak it worst XD

but I can write it alot better ;)

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I don't know if anyone can help us. But the Klonoa Group is in need of anyone that can figure out how to add new bones to a character because Klonoa does not have a TransN and other required stuff. Unless we figure this out we can't complete Klonoa
:(

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Okay, I don't know if anyone can help us. But the Klonoa Group is in need of anyone that can figure out how to add new bones to a character because Klonoa does not have a TransN and other required stuff. Unless we figure this out we can't complete Klonoa
:(
Ok I know someone has mentioned something about a situation like this before...Ima take a guess at this...wasnt there a method in which you treat one of the bones of the model you are using as the TransN....just taking a hit at this...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
sorry brawlshifter T.T

It's just that that word never comes to me when I want to say it on english >.<

I'm puertorrican and my english needs to be pulished, I speak it worst XD

but I can write it alot better ;)
No no, I wasn't mad or anything. Its just, ever since the Vertex Box thread, everyone has been speaking in Spanish, and I don't speak Spanish at all, so I'm going to translate...every time.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
I will correct myself: Zack & Wiki mdl0 DO work.

Just delete the first 8 bytes in red but DON'T delete the others. Then, add 8 F's instead of 12.
Hey, it worked! Awesome.

Unfortunately, Zack seems to be split up into several models. :/ The one I hexed was his left hand. Maybe Wiki would work...

Hey RandomTBush, just saying, maybe you should keep a list of incompatible games as well as their model files, maybe one day were able to convert xxx format into mdl0 so yeah =D
If you guys want me to take a closer look at the incompatible/unknown format games, I can. I didn't do more than a quick cursory search in them last time; a deeper look might give us the proper name of the file formats in one of the headers.

In the meantime, I begin my quest to unravel the mysteries of Silent Hill. Currently the ISO holds a hellish, twisted mass of random data in two files. Combing through them makes me feel like I'm being punished for my sins.

EDIT: On the plus side, the movies are easy to access! So I can watch them...then hit rewind and watch them again...and repeat ad nauseam...

EDIT THE SECOND: The game uses PACs. I'm finding the string a ton of times inside the main ARC files. Everything has been super-compressed, so seeing what is inside the PACs is pretty difficult if not impossible.

EDIT THE THIRD: Getting some random data here. There's a "BFF" file that is 9MB in size. Best Friends Forever?

EDIT THE FOURTH: All of the file names seem to be compressed to three letters. I'm finding lots of "MDL", "BRR", "CHR", and a ****ton of "ARC"s. Some letters might've gotten hidden in the compression, or these letters are randomly appearing together as nonsense data because of the compression. There's no way of knowing at this point.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
lol im a numbskull. i kept working on the wait1 and forgot u said u would take care of it.:dizzy:
urs looks better than my unfinished one anyway. :-p

RANDOM THEORIZATION:
take it or leave it but i have an idea as to a trend of which games us .mdl0. it seems that games that run very fluidly from the menu to the game, and movable menus use .mdl0. obviously this is a very vague hypothesis, but it i think its something worth noting, considering that TvC, Mario&sonic@olymics, brawl, warioware, and NarutoEX3 use .mdl0. i only mention this because it might help turn this wild goose chase into something more focused (besides the obvious preference to check teh games of characters we want in brawl first).

based on this theory, games that flow easily between menu catagories and from menu to game
what comes to mind are:
DeBlob (checked. nope :( )
rayman games (rayman3, raving rabits)
wiiplay
Mario Tenis GCN import (checked. nope :( )
Pikmin GCN import
sonic the hedgehog games

yes i realize that these tend to be "happy" games targeted towards younger audiences (even tho EVERYONE loves them. im not hatin!), but thats not what i mean. i assure u that genre is irrelevent (castlevania and naruto. lol)

anyone check Soul Caliber Legends? idk, i have a good feeling about that one.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Soul Calibur Legends (*.TOM/*.FIM)

Probably thinking if some of these formats are recognized in another game though.
I DID see Travis Touchdown and BadGirl Models in Facepunch, used in Garry's Mod and TF2 lol

shock44

Smash Journeyman
based on this theory, games that flow easily between menu catagories and from menu to game
what comes to mind are:
wiiplay
Pikmin GCN import
sonic the hedgehog games
I checked Sonic and the Black Knight and it uses .ONE files. Unless you can unpack .ONE files into MDL0s then Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic and the Secret Rings don't have MDL0s. I've also seen a post back that confirmed that Sonic Riders Zero Gravity and Sonic Unleashed didn't have MDL0s but I could be wrong.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Hey, it worked! Awesome.

Unfortunately, Zack seems to be split up into several models. :/ The one I hexed was his left hand. Maybe Wiki would work....
Zack is the pirate, right? PLC_00.brres is the model. PLC_00_0X.brres have the animations, which work finr in Brawlbox (well, most of them).

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
wiiplay
Pikmin GCN import
sonic the hedgehog games

yes i realize that these tend to be "happy" games targeted towards younger audiences (even tho EVERYONE loves them. im not hatin!), but thats not what i mean. i assure u that genre is irrelevent (castlevania and naruto. lol)

Hey, I forgot to rip my copy of Pikmin 1 to ISO! Crap, I know the disc is around here somewhere...

If you want to try decompressing the .ONE format that is used on every single file in every single Sonic game on the Wii, be my guest.

EDIT: Out of curiosity I just tried looking at a file from Sonic & the Secret Rings in a hex editor. The file's name was "darkspine.one". It contains Darkspine Sonic's animations in .GNM format, and his texture in .TXD format. Then it has some files like "TSTANS_DS_SONIC.GNA" and "TSTANS_DS_SONIC.GNO" which are probably his model, and a "EX_SONIC_COLOR.REF". This game does not use MDL0s. All the other Sonic games have the same format, except Sonic Unleashed (and before you ask: that game uses .ONZ format instead, and .ONZ doesn't even say what file types it contains in a hex editor.)

It has been said repeatedly at this point, so I'm just gonna make the message as obnoxiously obvious as possible:
SOUL CALIBUR LEGENDS DOES NOT USE MDL0s.
Read the thread, people. I actually own that game and didn't even bother checking it because its lack of MDL0s has been confirmed by people way better at hexing than me.

EDIT:

Zack is the pirate, right? PLC_00.brres is the model. PLC_00_0X.brres have the animations, which work finr in Brawlbox (well, most of them).
?!?

I tried hexing PLC_00 a while back, too. The resulting model looked nothing like Zack.

WTF?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
what comes to mind are:
wiiplay
Pikmin GCN import
sonic the hedgehog games
I'm a little late as it took me a fair while to write this post, but a few problems with that list, MaRRoK:
  • It's spelled Raving Rabbids. It's a portmanteau between Rabbit and Rabid.
  • Wii Play has hardly anything useful or memorable, unless you want to make a character of a pool table.
  • Tell me, if you were porting a game from one system to another, very similar system, would you convert every single model for absolutely no reason whatosever? I thought not. They would use the same format as their original GC releases, which I highly doubt are MDL0. Besides, there isn't a lot that's in Mario Tennis that's not already in other games that do use MDL0s.
  • And finally, for Sonic:
    • We already know that the Sonic Storybook Series use the .ONE format for their files. I think someone made a viewer at least.
    • Winter Olympics uses MDL0s, so it's possible that the Bejing Olympics game does too.
    • Did we ever check Sonic Unleashed? I doubt that it has MDL0s since the game also had a downscaled PS2 port but it's definitely worth checking.
    • Same goes for Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, being a PS2/Wii game and all, but the visual style of that game wouldn't match up well with Brawl anyway, and besides, it probably uses the same format as the original Sonic Riders, which WASN'T on Wii.
    • Sega Superstars Tennis and the upcoming Sonic and Sega All-Stars Racing are the only other games I can think of. Don't really know what to say about those. I have my doubts about Tennis (wasn't it also on PS2?), but maybe Racing will use MDL0s for the Wii version since it'd be different from the PS3, 360 and DS versions. However, I have my doubts.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
@Stoney

Also:

Dragon Quest bosses are amazing. And they have a lot of great animations too.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
  • Did we ever check Sonic Unleashed? I doubt that it has MDL0s since the game also had a downscaled PS2 port but it's definitely worth checking.
  • Same goes for Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, being a PS2/Wii game and all, but the visual style of that game wouldn't match up well with Brawl anyway, and besides, it probably uses the same format as the original Sonic Riders, which WASN'T on Wii.
I give up.

Top Bottom