• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
wait so has anyone checked superstar tennis? if not I should go buy it its probably like 5 bucks by now

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I know it's not much but here is some...I guess you could say progress on Silver. More or less I tested to see if he worked properly in brawl. He loaded fine over Sonic but with a few errors here and there.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Now all i can do is to pray for somebody to soon find out how to ADD bones...

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
we should wait to model rebuilding on brawlbox ;)
Yeah most likely. Im really looking forward to making him. I don't know why since he is not in my main Pokémon team. Although he is my favorite fighting pokémon.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wariofan1, may I get that Hitmonlee, please? It's one of the Pokemon I requested.
Sure, i will PM it to you in a minute.

Edit: Also he does have some texture named SawamularSpecularDh that makes him all black. Just uncheck it. I don't know if it will affect him ingame since i can't test him because of his lag of 2-3 bones -.-

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
The problem was that i've exported the mdl0 and hexed it, but to make it work you must hex the brres with the mdl0 inside.
Now it's working and i'm doing the materials step.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
Ok I've hexed some MDL0s from pokepark and they are ready to put ingame.

The ones I've done are:

Flareon
Raichu
Wailord
Salamence
Jolteon
Hitmonlee (but Wariofan1 has already posted that)

If anyone wants any of them or if anyone would like me to hex another pokemon from n64billy's pack, PM me.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone hexed the kid Goku model from Dragonball Revenge of King Piccolo? if so would anyone mind pming me it? I'd really like to work on that :D

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Some more tests:

Tales of Grace does NOT use MDL0. It probably uses MDL, but I can't find the files as they are super compressed.

Sega Superstar Tennis has everything in a .PAC file that Brawlbox and hex editors refuse to open because its file size (1,8GB). So well.

Edit: Opened the SST .PAC with another hex editor. Doesn't seem to have MDL0.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Batandy, don't you need the textures as well? The stage looks awesome by the way.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
I know that i need texture, but i'm finishing to hex it, 'cause it has like 15 materials that i have to hex! same for polygons!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Ok I've hexed some MDL0s from pokepark and they are ready to put ingame.

The ones I've done are:

Flareon
Raichu
Wailord
Salamence
Jolteon
Hitmonlee (but Wariofan1 has already posted that)

If anyone wants any of them or if anyone would like me to hex another pokemon from n64billy's pack, PM me.
but have whose pokemon enough with bones to replace an alloy? :/
nice anyway you made it work with those 6 :3

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Is there anything special you have to do to get textures to work? THey won't work for me whenever I replace the Texture data with the texture brres from the original game.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Okay ,all the materials of the Bowser's Ship are hexed...now....*hunf* *pant*
the polygons...which are 41...
Dammit! I have to hex 41 polygons!
Well...i think i'll take a break.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone hexed the kid Goku model from Dragonball Revenge of King Piccolo? if so would anyone mind pming me it? I'd really like to work on that :D
I have Goku hexed but I can't find his textures. If you can help me find his textures then we can start working on him.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
The NSMBWii models are pretty wierd...Many textures have a trasparency that only shows up in brawl box,when in-game they look different (no transparency)
anyway sweet pic:

You will fight on the top of those cannons, where there is the bowser's logo

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
Ok. I have a problem with my model. I extracted Franklin from animal crossing and did all the required steps so he looks fine but I cant get him to use the animations properly, they mess up all the bones. Here is what a normal model should look like...

The model is fine when it is not on an animation but once it goes to that animation everything gets all scrunched up...

Does anybody know of a way to fix this without changing the actual animations?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
well,if the model is compatible with other animations, you can edit 'em to fit the model.
Renaming the bones of the model should make you able to use other models animations.

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
well,if the model is compatible with other animations, you can edit 'em to fit the model.
Renaming the bones of the model should make you able to use other models animations.
Yea, that's what I was planning on doing if there wasn't another way.

Top Bottom