• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
(I have no idea what's wrong with Volnutt there.)
Looks like a few polygons are stretching to the top-right corner of the image. What was the last thing that you did before that graphical error appeared? Not that I have any idea on how to fix that at this moment or anything.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Once Kryal finishes his rebuilder, this model will be an alternate costume for our Zero project, it will also be used for the Omega Zero texture we plan on making.

Textures aren't shown, but there is a texture.

/inb4hype

•Col•

Smash Champion
Once Kryal finishes his rebuilder, this model will be an alternate costume for our Zero project, it will also be used for the Omega Zero texture we plan on making.

Textures aren't shown, but there is a texture.

/inb4hype
Omega Zero? That's his form from the GBA Zero series, right? That's what it looks like, at least... Also, any chance that you'll release a Zero model hack that doesn't change the moveset of the character?

I know it sounds kind of stupid, but I don't really like playing with custom characters... Then again, I dunno what character Zero would even really fit over... Except maybe Marth... :/

Oh well, whatever. HYPE.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm using 3ds Max.

And yes, Colaya. And no, since the bones are completely different, unless you want to play as a T-Stanced Zero. We're doing him on Link. Also, we need to rig the model, then it will be pretty much done.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm using 3ds Max.

And yes, Colaya. And no, since the bones are completely different, unless you want to play as a T-Stanced Zero. We're doing him on Link. Also, we need to rig the model, then it will be pretty much done.

It looks great, I'm terrible at modeling, but I'd like to get better at it.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
@BSZ
You've mixed Zero and Model ZX together here. It's a nice model, but it isn't Zero or Omega.

I'm not going to clog up the page with images that aren't models, but reference art is here.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/4/42/Omega_Zero_(ZX).jpg
This is Omega. Note the differences in arm and leg armor, and the head jewel.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/2/2a/E3_ZX_ModelZX.jpg
This is Model ZX, which uses the armor and jewel you have here. However, its leg and groin armor is different.

Again, It's an excellent model so far, but it isn't accurate.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
@BSZ
You've mixed Zero and Model ZX together here. It's a nice model, but it isn't Zero or Omega.

I'm not going to clog up the page with images that aren't models, but reference art is here.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/4/42/Omega_Zero_(ZX).jpg
This is Omega. Note the differences in arm and leg armor, and the head jewel.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/megaman/images/2/2a/E3_ZX_ModelZX.jpg
This is Model ZX, which uses the armor and jewel you have here. However, its leg and groin armor is different.

Again, It's an excellent model so far, but it isn't accurate.
I never said that this was Omega Zero, I said that it will be used to make the texture. And Model ZX only has the same gem and legs, beside that, I don't see how it is the same. Look for Zero's artwork, you'll see. Thanks for the comment, though.

As you can see here: http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff246/Warepire/mega-man-zero-gba456408.jpg

The model is pretty similar to that.

Edit: Scratch that, even the arms are ZX's. It can still be re-done, though.

Gundamsdboy

Smash Apprentice
@ BigSharkZ

Do you intend to release that Megaman X? I was working on one, but since that seems to be his actual model I'll stop if you are going to release it.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
Can someone check if Zelda Twilight Princess uses MDLO?I want to make Goron over Donkey Kong as a Texture Hack! ^_^

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Can someone check if Zelda Twilight Princess uses MDLO?I want to make Goron over Donkey Kong as a Texture Hack! ^_^
Well... You could do that anyway...

But lemme tell ya: DK textures are BRU-TAL. Because of his fur and whatnot, it's pretty difficult to make a detailed DK texture. I know from experience... (I tried to do Electivire...)

Don't let that stop you, though!

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
There is already a Goron Texture for DK I plan on reviving. I have found one texture made by Spire III, but he hasn't continued it ever since. It really looks good.

diosensakiara

Smash Apprentice
So BigShark would it be possible for DK to be Vertex edited into a Goron as to what you're doing..=/

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I've just finished working on X and I've got another zero model.We just have to wait for the Dae to mdl0 converter
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/Manko91/RedZerosmashboard.jpg
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/Manko91/Xsmashboard.jpg

Should I add bones to the models or it's useless for now?
This X http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/bf/Mega_Man_X4_PSX.jpg/616px-Mega_Man_X4_PSX.jpg > your X :V

Doesn't really matter. Continue working and ignore me, what I have posted can be achieved with a textural edit of your model. Excellent work.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I've just finished working on X and I've got another zero model.We just have to wait for the Dae to mdl0 converter
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/Manko91/RedZerosmashboard.jpg
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/Manko91/Xsmashboard.jpg

Should I add bones to the models or it's useless for now?
Those actually look pretty good. I wouldn't throw away all the work you've done for them. Those would probably work as "legal" replacements for Zero, instead of having his TvC model.

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Yes they are from command mission , I didn't used a ps2 model ripper I just use dolphin with 3d ripper dx And edit the model with 3ds max and btw I've already did some texture hack for zero you can see it on my album on photobucket and one another thing I'm working on axl, ultimate armor X and absolute zero models for the final smash.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
@ those asking me about the naruto being in a new thread, im all for it.
btw i sooo call dibs on the AAA combo if no1 has called dibs on animating it yet.

i tried to rename the bones so we can reuse animations... didnt work well.
i tried importing animations to this naruto's bones...also didnt work well.

u were 100% right. custom animations are a must. theyre too sensative to any changes to work on other character's animations other than their own.

btw evidently i know nothing about extracting and hexing. lol. im just wrong. ignore my theory and my findings. i have noo idea how to extract .arc files, otherwise id get me some twilight princess action. (gigidy)

i saw that on the sonic games. the .ONEs all direct to other .ONEs. having a hard time finding anything substantial while hexing through it. but, as i said, my hexing skills are almost as bad as my disregard for spellling.

any1 try the clone wars games? (force unleashed didnt, but that was before i started looking through the files via hex editor)

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Naruto looks ***** beyond imagination O.O

I decided to try this out, I'ma go verify the FF: Chocobo's Dungeon for you guys.
Is there a way to read Wii Disks? (That would be hella lot more easier then me DLing an ISO)
I'm downloading the PAL ISO for now, I'm not sure if that means I'm safe since I bought an NTSC version

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
u were 100% right. custom animations are a must. theyre too sensative to any changes to work on other character's animations other than their own.
QFT

Also, excellent modeling, Manko! I wish I had half your skills. Then again, I've never touched 3DS Max or the like, and I'm unaware of my own model-editing skills... Nevertheless! Megaman and Zero look awesome!

EDIT: I never really noticed how many posts pages a day this thread gets... Huh.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Also, excellent modeling, Manko! I wish I had half your skills. Then again, I've never touched 3DS Max or the like, and I'm unaware of my own model-editing skills... Nevertheless! Megaman and Zero look awesome!
They're ripped from Command Mission, though :p

Personally I don't really like X's redesign for that game, nor do I really like the visual style. If you could somehow get the models from Megaman X7 instead that would be SWEET, as they'd suit Brawl better IMO (though X would need a new texture since his X7 one is really bad). In the meantime, however, we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. We still can't properly import other models into Brawl, so for now we should really stick with MDL0s instead of going to all the trouble of making new models or ripping them from non MDL0 games.

... I feel kinda bad speaking like this, actually... :|

However, freakin' awesome GBA Zero model, BSZ!

Manko91

Smash Cadet
Well actualy I'm gonna look for Classic X in the game but It willl take time cause I have to finish the game before I can see him and rip him.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
btw i sooo call dibs on the AAA combo if no1 has called dibs on animating it yet.

btw evidently i know nothing about extracting and hexing. lol. im just wrong. ignore my theory and my findings. i have noo idea how to extract .arc files, otherwise id get me some twilight princess action. (gigidy)

i saw that on the sonic games. the .ONEs all direct to other .ONEs. having a hard time finding anything substantial while hexing through it. but, as i said, my hexing skills are almost as bad as my disregard for spellling.

any1 try the clone wars games? (force unleashed didnt, but that was before i started looking through the files via hex editor)
dont make another thread...
and there's 4 of us i think i've done the mose animating with 2 animations
so by all means if u can do the AAA and do it good
DO IT

I decided to try this out, I'ma go verify the FF: Chocobo's Dungeon for you guys.
Is there a way to read Wii Disks? (That would be hella lot more easier then me DLing an ISO)
I'm downloading the PAL ISO for now, I'm not sure if that means I'm safe since I bought an NTSC version
there shouldn't be a difference with the models the only difference with the NTSC and the PAL are the screen framerate which is in the other partition

Posted.
Anyway, any progress on the run animation?
no went to a friend's house :p sorry
ill work on it 2morrow

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo

[bigimage.jpg]

This happens a lot when importing animations; it's inevitable whether you're importing from Mario to Luigi or Peach to Zelda. Just fix the translations to match the T-pose (frame 0).

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord

Reposting if anybody here knows how to make my laptop read Wii discs

Top Bottom