• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
He's in only in the pal version when you clear the game .
Wow, that explains a lot. Awesome!

there shouldn't be a difference with the models the only difference with the NTSC and the PAL are the screen framerate which is in the other partition
And even then most PAL GC and Wii games let you run in 60hz (same framerate as NTSC) anyway, so that wouldn't be an issue. Also, the PAL version stores some data differently so often cheat codes aren't as easy to port as you'd think (our file replacement still doesn't let us have character select portraits without crashing). I don't think model swaps are an issue though so it's worth trying. I've never actually tried it myself.

Reposting if anybody here knows how to make my laptop read Wii discs
I use some homebrew to rip GC and Wii discs to ISOs from my Wii to my computer over Wi-Fi. However, my friend set it up for me so I don't really know all the details off by heart, plus it's probably against the rules to talk about such tools. Maybe we can talk about it on YIM or something?

I like pizza pie
I like it when the moon hits my eye like that particular food.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I've just finished working on X and I've got another zero model.We just have to wait for the Dae to mdl0 converter
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/Manko91/RedZerosmashboard.jpg
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz154/Manko91/Xsmashboard.jpg

Should I add bones to the models or it's useless for now?
Nice work! I actually thought those were rips from official games until I read your post.

The X model would definitely be useful, and I'm sure the Zero model certainly could be as well.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Nice work! I actually thought those were rips from official games until I read your post.

The X model would definitely be useful, and I'm sure the Zero model certainly could be as well.
They are official, taken from Command Mission. He said so a few posts down. In any case, what would you need another model of Zero for?

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice

Confirmed: DQS models work without editing (animations too). They are really small though.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
question time!

how can we port animations from one other game to brawl D:
I can see the animations in brawlbox but then I test it on brawl, it freeze then the character enters D:

Me Aludes: wow, that was incredibly :3

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
lol while opening again the globs of doom iso, this time i used the hex editor to view the files, and i found that Timmy from the fairy godparents is a unused character XD

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
wooot 100 pages!
Anyway, i've hexed half of the Bowser ship polygons.
And i've got a great idea! Why don't take the Majora's Mask from Animal Crossing City Folk and swap the Toon Link's Glow with the mask, then call it in the PSA?
It would be awesome wityh the ESH's skull kid toon link texture hack!

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
question time!

how can we port animations from one other game to brawl D:
I can see the animations in brawlbox but then I test it on brawl, it freeze then the character enters D:
Have you compared the headers in a hex editor yet?

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Bad News:
I've Hexed all the Materials1 and Polygons of the Bowser Ship, then i swapped the platform of the Final Destination with the Ship, and the game crashed without doing the BEEEP...

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Progress on Zero + Alternate costume

All of these were made by Kurobit.

Also, not everything can turn right..some things can fail..such as this:

I'm giving up on my Poo project, I've had too many problems manually, and Vertex Box won't save my changes for Ness.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
DISCOVERY!!!
one sec, ill upload a photo

i changed to bone rotations from 90 0 90 to 0 0 0 two different ways

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
@BigSharkZ

the X's shoulders just need to be rounded out a little but and he's perfect! and that Prince Poo model looks awesome! you never cease to amaze

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hmm, my only concerns on X are his shoulders and those grey cuffs on his hands. Smooth out the shoulders, and trash the cuffs, and its X :)

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
amazing x model ^^ keep up the work XD

on the list i didn't see Spyborgs its a wii game published by capcom

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Hey BigShark, are you making an Axl vertex hack too? If not, I can try and find the model, but Axel is a must alt costume. At LEAST a recolor, but a vertex hack would rock.

Heres a good reference pic

Eldiran

Smash Lord
They are official, taken from Command Mission. He said so a few posts down. In any case, what would you need another model of Zero for?
Oh, woops. Go reading comprehension!

Anyway, more models are always useful! What specifically for, I'm not certain yet... :p

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice

Edahs' Sohpix, from Dragon Quest Swords. He's in flames because he rocks... I mean, because he's replacing Charizard and I don't know how to remove the fire. Well, at least it looks cool.

Please note that the actual model is 10 times smaller, I was using codes to change the size.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Hey BigShark, are you making an Axl vertex hack too? If not, I can try and find the model, but Axel is a must alt costume. At LEAST a recolor, but a vertex hack would rock.
No...just no.
Axl wouldn't make sense. X and Zero Both have busters, and X has used zero's saber before (X3 and X6). has Axl ever had a saber? no. does Axl have a buster? no, he has two pistols. you could just pick Zero and say that axl used his shapeshifting abilities to turn into zero. at least that would make more sense...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
No...just no.
Axl wouldn't make sense. X and Zero Both have busters, and X has used zero's saber before (X3 and X6). has Axl ever had a saber? no. does Axl have a buster? no, he has two pistols. you could just pick Zero and say that axl used his shapeshifting abilities to turn into zero. at least that would make more sense...
True, but since this hack will mainy use zero's saber as attacks, where does x fit in with that? He had a saber in x6, and you got ONE attack with it. (How do you get his saber in x3? I didnt know that...) Plus, no one has made an Axl texture for anyone yet. I think it would be cool. I mean, sure, he couldn't use BOTH of his pistols, but he can use one. Though the Z Saber wont look very good, unless you use a thing like ZSS has.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Edahs' Sohpix, from Dragon Quest Swords. He's in flames because he rocks... I mean, because he's replacing Charizard and I don't know how to remove the fire. Well, at least it looks cool.

Please note that the actual model is 10 times smaller, I was using codes to change the size.
Good god.

Send me as many of these working DQS models as you can. I want these, they're sexy.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Don't you have to hex the materials? I'm also quite sure RandomTBush is working on some of those models. Ask him about it.
There's a problem where the model does appear fine with its textures but then at random points the model disappears for no reason.

Sora Master2.0

Smash Journeyman
"IMAGES"

O_O
Someone needs to make playable now!!!!
PSA it too and w/e else needs to be done. This would be awesome. P.S.
16BitManiac wants this too. =D

humble

Smash Ace
Once Kryal finishes his rebuilder, this model will be an alternate costume for our Zero project, it will also be used for the Omega Zero texture we plan on making.

Textures aren't shown, but there is a texture.

*Awesome Zero*

/inb4hype
:O BSz, this is fantastic! I always wished the Zero they were making was Zero from the GBA games, so this is a wish come true for me.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
No...just no.
FYI, he only has dual pistols in some of the official art. In-game he uses one.

True, but since this hack will mainy use zero's saber as attacks, where does x fit in with that? He had a saber in x6, and you got ONE attack with it. (How do you get his saber in x3? I didnt know that...)
Gonna spoiler tag this for some reason:
You know how you can call for Zero's help at almost any time in a stage? You have to fight that Bug miniboss in Doppler's Fortress as Zero. Change to Zero before you walk through the door. (That is literally the second of two doors he can actually use, the first being in the intro stage). He dies at the end off the fight (Zero dies too much) and X takes his sword, which he uses when you charge your buster up all the way. I've never actually tried it but I've read about it.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord

Heres a good reference pic

Axl[/QUOTE]

Well, I don't think I would make him as a vertice hack, considering the crap load of work that I do, but I could perhaps make a texture of him.

[quote="humble, post: 9560000"]:O BSz, this is fantastic! I always wished the Zero they were making was Zero from the GBA games, so this is a wish come true for me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and I personally prefer the X model, when the Zero ones is just even more bad-*** than ever. You could say I like both, almost equally.

[quote="TommoPuppy, post: 9560057"]Gonna spoiler tag this for some reason:
[SPOILER]You know how you can call for Zero's help at almost any time in a stage (might as well not make him playable at all). You have to fight that Bug miniboss in Doppler's Fortress as Zero. Change to Zero before you walk through the door. (That is literally the second of two doors he can actually use, the first being in the intro stage). He dies at the end off the fight (like in every other X game) and X takes his sword, which he uses when you charge your buster up all the way. I've never actually tried it but I've read about it.[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Well, actually, I never, ever knew you could call Zero anytime, yet I've finished the game many times, with the Gold Armor, Saber, etc. I thought that playing as Zero was PSX/GC exclusive, but I was wrong when I replayed the game on my PSP.

Me_Aludes

Smash Apprentice
Do any of the characters from DQS work?

Namely Fleurette.
I have her model, so probably yes.

@ThatGuyYouMightKnow: Tomorrow I'll upload a zip with the most important models, like main characters and bosses and so on. I'll send you the link.
If anyone wants it, PM me.

Also, any easy way to resize models?

Top Bottom