• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Thanks guys, and yes Leafbarret, I've seen some amazing models, you'd have to do the rigging in another program, though. Basically you just draw lines and make them 3D, add curves, textures, etc. In a few minutes I almost re-created my 2D Mushrooms stage.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys, and yes Leafbarret, I've seen some amazing models, you'd have to do the rigging in another program, though. Basically you just draw lines and make them 3D, add curves, textures, etc. In a few minutes I almost re-created my 2D Mushrooms stage.
haha master chief

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
What about Hitmonchan, Espeon, Celebi, and Absol?
x.x You can't do the bone rigging in that program? :<

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I'm almost certain now that Fire Emblem - Radiant Dawn does NOT have mdl0's in it, but has .cmp's instead.

...I hope this all means that SketchUp will make all our dreams come true.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I was kind of scared at first that we will be able to make our own models D: I was envisioning all these really ******** custom characters floating around, or even a bunch of joke characters CHUCK NORRIS OLOL@@!11

but looking at the amount of work is required to make a full character, if anyways is willing to go through all the work of making a completely new character then it deserves to played

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
but looking at the amount of work is required to make a full character, if anyways is willing to go through all the work of making a completely new character then it deserves to played
making animations is the hard part (unless ur model is compatible)
i think making the model wouldn't be TOO hard...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
can you check drilblim and send drilfloon and drilblim to me? :3
What are you planning to do with those, eh?

I was kind of scared at first that we will be able to make our own models D: I was envisioning all these really ******** custom characters floating around, or even a bunch of joke characters CHUCK NORRIS OLOL@@!11
BARRACK OBAMA@@!11

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
So, ds22/piggybank/marrok/whoever is working on the project, do you think we're gonna see a new Naruto video anytime soon?(I wish I could join the team, but I can't use PSA for the life of me)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I have uploaded the blue spiny shell here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zwuncznminf
Note: The common3.pac I've uploaded is PAL and maybe don't work on NTSC. To get it working open BrawlBox, extract the ModelData[0] and the AnimationData[0] from the directory ItmSmashBallBrres (ARC) and replace it on a NTSC common3.pac.
Tutorial to get the mario kart wii model working on SSBB:
1 - The files of MKWii are in .szs format and you need SZS modifier (created by Chadsoft) to extract the Brres you want (for example: koura_red, togezo_koura, etc)
2 - Once you have the desired Brres, follow the instruction of RandomTBush posted on this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263127
3 - And the last step is to get the other games Chr0 animations working in BrawlBox. I done this:
a - Download the latest version of Brawl Box (v0.63d) (credit to Kryal for making this awesome program)
b - Click on the Chr0 animation yo want to preview and yo will see four fields: FrameCount, Unknown1, Unknown2, Unknown3. Fill unknown1, 2 and 3 with 0 (although sometimes the field Unknown2 can be filled with 1 when you are working on animated stages for instance) and fill the FrameCount field with a high number (500 for example). Give a name to the animation (rename it as you want) and know go to the model (.mdl0), right click --> preview
c - See when the animation ends. You can look a bone that changes constantly, you can note this because when a animation ends this bone jave almost all his parameters (X, Y, Z translation, etc) in yellow and reduce the FrameCount to the final frame number (in case of Blue Spiny Shell the end is frame 60).
Enjoy :) and sorry for my bad english and for my probably bad explanation.

Edit: I had forgotten that the blue spiny shell appear too big in game (10 times bigger than in the screenshots taken by me) and you'll need a code that makes smash ball smaller. Sorry I have tried to resize the main bone to 0.25 but it didn't work :S

there you go greg

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
So, ds22/piggybank/marrok/whoever is working on the project, do you think we're gonna see a new Naruto video anytime soon?(I wish I could join the team, but I can't use PSA for the life of me)
it's mostly brawlbox animating right now
so PSA is not required....
and umm idk i have wait1, run, walk break, fall, and that's abt it im working on a couple things but do u really want a naruto vid of 4 animations? haha

EDIT: i will continue to do some animations but fortwaffles has acclaimed that he is rigging models to work with regular animations
until then i wont do anything over 20 frames

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
you gonna do a bone count?
When I've extracted all of the pokemon from the game and hexed them to work in brawl, I'll do it. Note that the pokemon BRRES are compressed in 4 files with .dan extension. I have to hex them and select all the bytes from a certain BRRES and export it as .BRRES. It's not just like click and save like with brawl .pacs.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
we should take it to my thread i guess. but my theory kinda failed. there is something that causes bones to rotate wrong

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
we Should Take It To My Thread I Guess. But My Theory Kinda Failed. There Is Something That Causes Bones To Rotate Wrong
Noooooo!!!!
EDIT: please keep trying
making animations is alot of work
EDIT2: does changing the speed in brawlbox effect the speed in game (of the animation)?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
When I've extracted all of the pokemon from the game and hexed them to work in brawl, I'll do it. Note that the pokemon BRRES are compressed in 4 files with .dan extension. I have to hex them and select all the bytes from a certain BRRES and export it as .BRRES. It's not just like click and save like with brawl .pacs.
ah, well if theres anything i can help with lemme know

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
I'm working on something that will probably make all of you guys laugh. It's related to Sakurai and if it works, I'll make a video.

ShinoBR

Smash Rookie
Alright, I just got a really good idea.

Once the rebuilder is done, we could import any SKP files into Brawl, by doing this.

SKP > 3DS > DAE > MDL0

A lot of converting, but it's worth it. Here's an example of stuff I have done with Google SketchUp. With a bit of converting, using the rebuilder, then making collisions, we could basically make any stages we want to. This also works for characters. We would have to rig them in 3ds Max, though.

The 2nd one is an edit from a stage I have found.

What do you guys think? I've seen lots of good work made with this, such as OoT models or maps.
Hey, BigSharkZ, try using textures from New SMB Wii!!!(if your stage isn't inspired only on the DS version of New SMB);)

hardcorebrawlhacks

Smash Rookie
i have some questions...

1. how do you open up all that weird hexing crap (what program)
2. do you have downloads to any of these yet? if no where can i get the files?
3. is it possible to make my own model in some software? (I really really want Megaman, Zero, Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Ryu, Slippy and Krystal.)\

PLZ answer

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Alright, I just got a really good idea.

Once the rebuilder is done, we could import any SKP files into Brawl, by doing this.

SKP > 3DS > DAE > MDL0

A lot of converting, but it's worth it. Here's an example of stuff I have done with Google SketchUp. With a bit of converting, using the rebuilder, then making collisions, we could basically make any stages we want to. This also works for characters. We would have to rig them in 3ds Max, though.

The 2nd one is an edit from a stage I have found.

What do you guys think? I've seen lots of good work made with this, such as OoT models or maps.
Why go through the process of going from SKP to 3DS to DAE when SketchUp can export to DAE :U

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Top Bottom