• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

FairKnight

Smash Journeyman
Hmm im having a very very hard time finding out why some ToS stages wont show up in BrawlBox even thoough they are hexed. Im running out of ideas can anyone see whats up with them?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Hey, RandomTBush, nice job on Lloyd! I downloaded him and might make a texture for him.

Also, can you please send me the Pokemon Ranch and the few Pokemon I have requested a while back? Sorry if I may seem annoying. But, again, just take your time, as I have no hurry on making what I wanted to do.

Lastly, I've seen that you were taking TF2 hats requests. Do you mind making Backbiter's billycock on Jigglypuff and Killer's Kabuto on Metaknight (Using his 2nd Mantle model) or Jigglypuff? Thanks.

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
i have made some Okami CPS (Pallettes) made from the concept art ... yes i know Okami can't be put in brawl right now but maybe in the near future once it's possible to convert the other formats into MDL0 ...

i thought instead of okami using the same mirror as a weapon she would use the 5 different colored mirrors obtained throughout the game and the 1 sword would use the same attack style as the mirrors aka swipes. i also changed her stripes to match each mirror and the sword ^^

http://www.flickr.com/photos/47251013@N08/4507461830/sizes/o/

i hope people like it ^^

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey, RandomTBush, nice job on Lloyd! I downloaded him and might make a texture for him.

Also, can you please send me the Pokemon Ranch and the few Pokemon I have requested a while back? Sorry if I may seem annoying. But, again, just take your time, as I have no hurry on making what I wanted to do.

Lastly, I've seen that you were taking TF2 hats requests. Do you mind making Backbiter's billycock on Jigglypuff and Killer's Kabuto on Metaknight (Using his 2nd Mantle model) or Jigglypuff? Thanks.
I'll get you those models in a bit. Sorry for not getting them earlier, I've been busy with other things that I've been working on.

And as for the hat requests, I'll keep them in mind.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Hey, RandomTBush, did you ever get the paintbrush from Sluggers working?
I don't have the Sluggers paintbrush, but I still have that one from Mario Power Tennis, which will match the Bowser Jr./Shadow Mario that you guys are working on. I haven't gotten around to compiling yet, though, as I've been working on several other things at the same time...

shock44

Smash Journeyman
You got my download for that model right RandomTBush? If so, let me know how it goes when you're trying to fix it.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Hey RTB, I found a ton of .bins in the TOS2 .iso, and I read your mini-tut on how to extract the brres packages from inside them, but I can't get it to work, could you elaborate further on how to do it?

This is the file I'm trying to extract the .brres from: http://ioj.com/v/bzvgs

ds22

Smash Lord
Those bins don't contain .brres packages, it only gives a name for pc_llo01ev.brres, but that's all.
It doesn't contain the words bres, MDL0 or CHR0, so it cannot be used (if we could decompress it, maybe we could find something useful in it).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Which is why I'm thinking the memory dump might get us somewhere. We'll have to wait or have somebody get their ISO working on an emu and do it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm thinking thanyou could do it maybe. It doesn't take particularly long to jump into a battle on ToS2 starting out (wait, yes it does; cutscenes galore) although that doesn't mean you have Lloyd immediately (or do you even need his presence?). If need be, I could get my save off the Wii that's at the end of the game and give it to him.

We'll have to be the first to find out, I guess. The Wii always takes time to load before battles so I almost want to assume it preps animations at that point.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
It will take a very, very long time Gd, Lloyd doesn't join the party till waaaaaaaaaay late in the game, Chap 8, iirc.

Idk how Dolphin works though, I might be able to load a save file from chapter 8, so I'd already have him, but w/e, first things first is to get dolphin.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
That's what I'm saying. If you don't have a save yourself (I'm sure you do), they're easy to put on the SD. You may have to mess with different SVNs until you get ToS2 working.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I do have a save file (A very good one I might add :D) and I know how to get it onto my sd, but the real problem is how do I get the chr0s from dolphin <_>

I've got it to load (The picture is BEAUTIFUL) but its uber laggy. v.v

I'll try and get it set up, and when it does, I'll get my save game and use it.

Yay: http://ioj.com/v/90swb

Now what.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Eh, my first guess would be testing a dump when Lloyd is in battle. Just the most logical thing I guess.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Oh ok

10ok

Edit: Just got a good savegame, gonna try loading it with dolphin *Crosses fingers*

Edit the second: gawd this'll take forever, its only running 30% speed, it doesn't know how to take advantage of my cpus v.v

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I was going to say post your results in the thread, but this is actually a good place to post this.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Precisely, and I'd like others to start progressing quickly too. I haven't heard from the Zero team in awhile (I guess because they didn't make a thread for it, but even MM Volnutt has slowed down).

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Haha, alright. While I give that some time, I'm finishing up a stage and a SMB2 soundtrack.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I used a savegame to get me at the end of the game against Awesome looking Richter with Emil, Marta, Richter, and Lloyd in the party, I dunno what I can do with this, so I'll just upload it for you guys (Hopes to GOD that it works)

I can't upload it to mediafire, (Because they're 650MB each) and I don't have an account with megaupload, where else can I upload it D:

ds22

Smash Lord
Ok, I used a savegame to get me at the end of the game against Awesome looking Richter with Emil, Marta, Richter, and Lloyd in the party, I dunno what I can do with this, so I'll just upload it for you guys (Hopes to GOD that it works)

I can't upload it to mediafire, (Because they're 650MB each) and I don't have an account with megaupload, where else can I upload it D:
What you can do is look into the file with a hex editor and look for the words MDL0 and CHR0.
But I really don't know which other upload sites are good as Megaupload and Mediafire.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, I think you'd need somebody with a pro account or something to get higher upload sizes.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I'll search around the internet a little, I want some help searching thru 650 MB of hex D:

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Does sound like a mess, haha. Hopefully, this will all be worth it and then we can spread the word that a memory dump was successful.

Top Bottom