• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I have been trying to get Fortwaffle's mdl0resizer to work on the Chun Li model from Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I already ported her model and have her on Peach with no glitches except for a few triangles that appear on screen every now and again. Every time I run it, the window goes black and stops responding. If I end the program, the model's bones are resized but the polygons are squeezed and make her look like a stick figure. :( Is there any way that I can resize her without getting errors with the resizer or not use the resizer at all? I already tried changing size in PSA and Brawlbox, both ways do not scale her model.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
@ everyone requesting extractors, just use a hex editor, and @ St, I can't help you there, I'm no knowledgeable in the ways of the resizer.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
nights ' model format is brmdl. the texture format is brtex. if use the auto hexing tool you can view the model in brawlbox. the textures are somewhere around there too. as for the stage models, like mountains or the background and stuff like that, i think they are packed in the ".one" files towards the bottom of the iso under "MyDream or stage####>disp", since i saw mdl, tex0, and mdl0 within the file. unfortunately, i am not at all good at hexing or anything like that to extract the model files from that file.
Some kinds of ".ONE" files can be opened using Puyo Tools. Not all of them are compressed the same way, though. I was able to open files from Sonic & The Secret Rings and Sonic Unleashed using it, but NiGHTS might be a different story altogether.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Hey i'm wondering how do i scale models without using brawlbox/psa or fortwaffle's model resizer
i'm just wondering this so i can help people answer people's questions on how to scale models when those 3 options fail

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Just got the bleach versus crusade files.

the mdl0s are in .mrg files

I already know they can be extracted... program pl0x
the mrg is just a file extension they added for some reason. If you open the file in a hex editor, delete the bytes that are before "bres" or 62 72 65 73. I have no idea what thats for, but w/e, rename the mrg to brres. it should work.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I have been trying to get Fortwaffle's mdl0resizer to work on the Chun Li model from Tatsunoko vs Capcom. I already ported her model and have her on Peach with no glitches except for a few triangles that appear on screen every now and again. Every time I run it, the window goes black and stops responding. If I end the program, the model's bones are resized but the polygons are squeezed and make her look like a stick figure. :( Is there any way that I can resize her without getting errors with the resizer or not use the resizer at all? I already tried changing size in PSA and Brawlbox, both ways do not scale her model.
Is there anything that I can do at all. :( If the mdl0resizer just won't work for Chun Li's model, would I be able to replicate what it does, by hand?

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
Hey i'm wondering how do i scale models without using brawlbox/psa or fortwaffle's model resizer
i'm just wondering this so i can help people answer people's questions on how to scale models when those 3 options fail
I guess you can manually vertex hack it, which is what I believe Fortwaffles' model resizer does, but that would be a lot of work... a LOT.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Is there anything that I can do at all. :( If the mdl0resizer just won't work for Chun Li's model, would I be able to replicate what it does, by hand?
So, is it possible to do it by hand or do I just need to wait and see if fortwaffle is going to make an update?

Also, is it possible to port animations from other games, in this case TvC? The animations are already chr0s but they can't be viewed or modified in Brawlbox. If it's possible, please tell.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
So, is it possible to do it by hand or do I just need to wait and see if fortwaffle is going to make an update?

Also, is it possible to port animations from other games, in this case TvC? The animations are already chr0s but they can't be viewed or modified in Brawlbox. If it's possible, please tell.
I don't know if it works with all CHR0s, but it does with pokepark and Monster Hunter ones. Select a CHR0, then on the right, put a large number on the Frame Count, then change the Unknown large values to 0, then rename it to whatever you want and test it.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Oh my god! Thank you so much. I can't believe it's working. :D Now that I have the animations working, the only thing left to hopefully do is resize Chun Li so I can continue working on her.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
They weren't just out in the open, they're inside of the brres files. The animations that I was porting are not for Chun Li, they are for a stage in TvC. I'm not going to say which just yet. :p

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
I'm having an issue with saving the ported animations. I changed the unknown 1 and 2 to zero, changed the amount of frames to a large number, and changed the name of the animation to something like "test". I preview the model and I can play the animation just fine. I go to save the file by doing file > save and I get the error that the file is being used by another process. If I save it as another file name and then open the file back up, the edits that I made to the unknown values and name of the chr0 aren't saved at all. How do I fix this? I am using BrawlBox v0.63d.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I'm having an issue with saving the ported animations. I changed the unknown 1 and 2 to zero, changed the amount of frames to a large number, and changed the name of the animation to something like "test". I preview the model and I can play the animation just fine. I go to save the file by doing file > save and I get the error that the file is being used by another process. If I save it as another file name and then open the file back up, the edits that I made to the unknown values and name of the chr0 aren't saved at all. How do I fix this? I am using BrawlBox v0.63d.
Try exporting (right click the CHR0, click "Export") the CHR0 by itself after making the changes and then, in the previewer, click "Load" and load that CHR0. See if it works (it should). BTW, are the animations in a BRRES with many CHR0s, or are they in individuall CHR0 files?

pwngeboy

Smash Rookie
What do you mean?
By the looks of it, she doesn't need any more hexing to work ingame.
Or do you mean either Bone adder or Model resizer?
Its when I open her .bress file in brawl box it comes up as a big red x on screen

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Try exporting (right click the CHR0, click "Export") the CHR0 by itself after making the changes and then, in the previewer, click "Load" and load that CHR0. See if it works (it should). BTW, are the animations in a BRRES with many CHR0s, or are they in individuall CHR0 files?
It is an individual chr0 file. If I try to export the chr0 I get an error. Here's a screen of what I'm getting.

Before I do anything
After I edit the unknown values and frames to be the exact amount that the animation is
If I try and save it I get this for the first time
and then I get this if I try to save it again
If I try to export the chr0 I get this

ds22

Smash Lord
Really. So its probably my brawl box that's outdated?
Maybe, or it's broken.
Just download 0.63d and see if it still pop-up's a red cross.
(The file is fine).

Ok, first open the file, then correct the values, frames and name and after that, extract the CHR0 (DO NOT TO ATTEMPT TO SAVE IT IN THE .BRRES).

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
That's because you tried to export the CHR0 after trying to save the file. Delete the CLR0 in the BRRES and the file AnmClr will be gone, that's what's messing it up. Then save the BRRES with a different name. If you can't, close, open it again, repeat the CHR0 fixing process but before deleting the CLR0, just try extracting the CHR0.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
@pwngeboy:
This is not a problem with BrawlBox, but your computer not supporting BrawlBox view (if I remember correctly; do some research on the boards).

Just zoom out. Check out the tutorial for the Model Viewer over at BrawlBox Homepage.

pwngeboy

Smash Rookie
@pwngeboy:
This is not a problem with BrawlBox, but your computer not supporting BrawlBox view (if I remember correctly; do some research on the boards).

Just zoom out. Check out the tutorial for the Model Viewer over at BrawlBox Homepage.
Alright will do.

anivernage

Smash Apprentice
what .arc file from nsmbwii is the exactly to get bowser jr from wii scrubber or if someone can give me a tutorial how to hex nsmbwii models not the wacka tutorials please i need help

hugarh

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know why the Mdl0 resizer works on TvC stages but not fighter's? Are they packed differently in a way that the resizer won't recognize?

Top Bottom