• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I don't doubt that it will be, I just want some help searching thru this..... Hmm, what if I separate it into parts via hexing? It'd be really messy, but I'd be able to upload it.

EDIT: Meh, in the time it'd take to separate and upload I'd get thru like half of one of the files, so I'll just do it alone *sigh*

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If you can find some ways to break it (like the byte just before the ASCII says something like .brres or whatever), then try it. You could split the work up at the least.

Keep the original dump in contact, obviously.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Actually, do you have skype, gamedominator? I can send it to you thru there.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Oh yeah, hold on. I have it on my Mac, but I need to get it on my PC. Just give me a minute.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Great news, everyone!
/Professor
the dump worked! It even had the cutscene animations from the scene before, (I'm only like 5 mb out of 650 into it D: ) I've got a lot of searching left to do, but its still a great find, I'm certain most other projects could benefit from this method of chr0 nabbing.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It might not be guaranteed method for all games (specifically those using MDL0's), but it's definitely worth a shot. You might have to dig through a massive pile of **** to get what you want though. I might recommend splitting that or just giving me the whole thing altogether and I'll start wherever the second half of that thing is >_>.

ds22

Smash Lord
Awesome, just Awesome.
The animations look great.
Could you, if you have the game of course, do the same with Naruto Shippuden Clash of Ninja Revolution 3?
It would really help with the animations for him.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I think we/thanyou might test that and just search through with the Ctrl + F "bres" method until a CHR0 pops up somewhere. That would confirm this method's success on another game and then we/thanyou (I say we since I also have Dolphin, but he might have the ISO).

For what he's gotten through so far, it hasn't been actual success for Lloyd (a theory might be that player order had an effect on this seeing as he had Lloyd as P4 while Emil was P1, explaining why he found Emil's run first), but seeing another character's battle animation definitely sounds ensuring enough. Plus, we can practically have animations for several other characters alone just by documenting these files and coming back to them later when we need them (if our team wished to do another project after finishing Lloyd, but one step at a time, right?). Oh yeah, he gave me a second 620MB memory dump to search through so we aren't going to miss a thing.

I'm definitely interested in trying TvC and Naruto CoNR3 if I can get the ISO. The more we can confirm this, the better. I would be very excited to try and see if I could find anything and it would be my pleasure to potentially reveal the findings and revive the Volnutt project and speed up the Zero project. We'll just have to see, now won't we?

ds22

Smash Lord
If you want, I could PM you the location for finding the ISO's.
(keeping in mind though, if animations for Naruto and Megaman are to be found, the bone translations will have to be fixed)

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
I can get CON3, and do the dump for you, but I won't be hexing out every last bres I find (AGAIN, lmao) I will, however give it to you, its a fairly simple, but LONG process. But first, I need to know if you have skype, so we can talk via pms instead of spamming up rtb's thread.

Minor, yet important edit: I managed to reduce the file size to 411 mb (After a whole nights work D: )

ds22

Smash Lord
I can get CON3, and do the dump for you, but I won't be hexing out every last bres I find (AGAIN, lmao) I will, however give it to you, its a fairly simple, but LONG process. But first, I need to know if you have skype, so we can talk via pms instead of spamming up rtb's thread.

Minor, yet important edit: I managed to reduce the file size to 411 mb (After a whole nights work D: )
I have Skype (what is your Skypename?).
Your going to dump in battle right (Naruto VS ???)?
And well done with the resizing.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
My skype name is thanyou also try mecha_101, both should work.
It depends on what you want, I'll leave that choice up to you.
Ty :D

Btw; what's your skype name?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Yeah, you do a memory dump in which whatever you're looking for is in play (ie. thanyou made a memory dump with Lloyd in play). If you wanted stage animations, you could probably do the same process.

Of course, the respective game has to actually contain CHR0's which we're currently assuming are tied to MDL0-based Wii games. It's a theory that I hope holds true for a ton of these games.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
Yup, in fact I was going to do a dump of CON3 with Naruto vs. Sasuke on Kohona Square for Ds22, I could also give it to you, I think you made that stage too, iirc.

OizenX

Smash Journeyman
Yup, in fact I was going to do a dump of CON3 with Naruto vs. Sasuke on Kohona Square for Ds22, I could also give it to you, I think you made that stage too, iirc.
I wouldn't say make, I did a porting project that put all the possible relevant stages of Naruto in Brawl. I just wish all these automatic programs were out when I did it ;)

Sure I'd like to see this.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
does anyone here know that the Japanese version of bomberman blast is a disc? just wondering if anyone has checked that for MDLOs...

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
does anyone here know that the Japanese version of bomberman blast is a disc? just wondering if anyone has checked that for MDLOs...
its known. we have the model for bomberman, but its lacking bones. i still don't know why no one has even tried to start it yet, though.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
its known. we have the model for bomberman, but its lacking bones. i still don't know why no one has even tried to start it yet, though.
Oh hey I should let you know about something. I remember like a month ago in this thread you said that you guys had to use ToonLink because he has bombs. I figured out that Link's and Toonlink's bombs can be generated just like an item. So you could use anybody that would work for Bomberman. It doesn't have to be ToonLink. If you don't believe me just look at Weegee's Tails PSA, he uses ToonLink's and Link's bombs and he's over Sonic.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
>_>
<_<

[link removed]

^ Hex plox
That's the Edward Elric model is it not? I already tried hexing it. And I'm sorry to say, for like the 3rd time that his model always freezes in brawl. I've tried him over Sheik, Red alloy, and Luigi. Never lets me get into a brawl match.
I sent the hexed and unhexed versions of the model to RandomTBush and I'm waiting on him to try to see if he can fix it for me. He hasn't told me if he has started yet.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
>_>
<_<

[link removed]

^ Hex plox
Holy asdfkjnvgkfjghkeriowuricnmxnvpoeugnfmbhofhn that's a lot of polygon groups. 636? That's way too much.

Either way, it doesn't want to work properly after hexing it with fortwaffles' model hexing programs. Gives me an error that says "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"... D:

That's the Edward Elric model is it not? I already tried hexing it. And I'm sorry to say, for like the 3rd time that his model always freezes in brawl. I've tried him over Sheik, Red alloy, and Luigi. Never lets me get into a brawl match.
I sent the hexed and unhexed versions of the model to RandomTBush and I'm waiting on him to try to see if he can fix it for me. He hasn't told me if he has started yet.
It's not Edward Elric, it's a stage. Not quite sure what is causing Edward to freeze the game yet, as I've been busy with other things. I'm hoping to get a chance to check it out sometime this weekend.

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
Why is Nights Journey of Dreams under with mdl0?

I got the iso, and it doesn't have the mdl0 format. Though I don't remember what it did have.
nights ' model format is brmdl. the texture format is brtex. if use the auto hexing tool you can view the model in brawlbox. the textures are somewhere around there too. as for the stage models, like mountains or the background and stuff like that, i think they are packed in the ".one" files towards the bottom of the iso under "MyDream or stage####>disp", since i saw mdl, tex0, and mdl0 within the file. unfortunately, i am not at all good at hexing or anything like that to extract the model files from that file.

Top Bottom