• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
can i show a 3D model of a character i made from a picture? On this Thread? ^^

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Just count how many bones the model you are replacing yours with has, run the MDL0 through waffles bone adder, enter the number of bones and after that, rename ALL extra bones to the names that the replaced brawl model has.

pwngeboy

Smash Rookie
Just count how many bones the model you are replacing yours with has, run the MDL0 through waffles bone adder, enter the number of bones and after that, rename ALL extra bones to the names that the replaced brawl model has.
Okay how would I count them cause in the bone adding tutorial he counted the bones in some way I couldn't understand and also how would I move the textures from the imported model. Cause he just exported it all at once and it wont let me do that I have to move each piece individually.

_Vuze_

Smash Apprentice
Just expand all bones and begin counting ;)

You do not have to move the textures in any way.

toonlink4444

Smash Rookie
I didnt feel like reading all of the posts. but has any one found a way to get animations as well as mdl0s and if so how

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
If the file has chr0 in it, click the chr0, change it's frames to 10000, change the unknown1 and 2 to 0, and rename the chr0. Preview the model and play the animation. After you find out how many frames the animation has, export the chr0.

toonlink4444

Smash Rookie
Wow, it's that easy. And when I play brawl the animation will come to? Like I use a walking animation from NSMBWii (just naming a game) the character in brawl will walk like the animation I made or got or whatever

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Not exactly. The animations are attached to specific bone names. So in order for the animation to affect a brawl character you need to rename its bones. But if you do that, they can get seriously messed up visually. :D

toonlink4444

Smash Rookie
TvC also has some. but only one or two per character. also they're in seperate brres file, so you'll have to export it then add it to the character. Also they have more bones then any model in brawl so you have to animate them by hand. It takes a LONG time to make good animations by hand, so fighting in a T-pose is fine by me.

toonlink4444

Smash Rookie
OK,due to the fact that making animations by hand in brawlbox is long hard and tedious,I have decided to make a program that allows you to make your own animations. If I ever make a working one it would allow hexed mdl0 files to be a whole new character.

toonlink4444

Smash Rookie
A drag&drop would be more user friendly but it's much harder to make. I have a end of course test thrsday and an essay due friday so I'll be researching ways to design such a program. I'll keep a drag&drop program in mind.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I had a question is anyone working on any charceters from the soul eater wii game I notice that it used mdlos or is it like the full metal alchemist games where there are to many bones. I would love to see maka and death the kid playable in brawl using those modols.

Fen__

Smash Ace
I had a question is anyone working on any charceters from the soul eater wii game I notice that it used mdlos or is it like the full metal alchemist games where there are to many bones. I would love to see maka and death the kid playable in brawl using those modols.
I remember seeing someone working on a Soul Eater character at KC-MM, but I don't know if it's still being worked on. Check their PSA forum.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I remember seeing someone working on a Soul Eater character at KC-MM, but I don't know if it's still being worked on. Check their PSA forum.
I found a psa but it was never finished and it did not use the mdlos just a texture of the character

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
can the person that found that Resident Evil Unmbrella Chronicles uses .mdl0 tell me where the weapons are located? trying to get some weapondry for my Master Cheif PSA. i cant vertex hack for ****.

ds22

Smash Lord
If the mdl0's are packed in .fpk files then the auto resizer hates it, espicially the face and hands.

Then again, Naruto's always looked like that to me.

When I resized Megaman and Zero (both packed in .fpk files) they had normal faces (then again, there faces can't be changed that much).
And the hands of Ryujinki Naruto are separate Polygons, since he has no hand or finger bones.
There really is a need of a resizer which doesn't cut down numbers.

Top Bottom