• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain - Midwest

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Between Trail and BigD, I would have to just flip a damn coin to pick one for captain...heads is Trail and tails is BigD.

*Flips*

Heads it is. Vote goes to Trail.

On a side note...is drew our only sheik nomination? ;)

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
BigD is a good guy and I've learned a lot from him, but how in tune with the current scene is he? Trail is pretty active and knows all the top players. My only concern is another incident of Crew "Bail out Trail"

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Lololol you guys. I just wanna say right quik that Kels is arguably THE BEST FOX IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW unless you count Mango's pocket fox that he doesn't really claim. Also Dart is amongst the top 5 Marths in the country (BEST marth next to M2k's in my book)

On a side note...is drew our only sheik nomination? ;)
Darkatma was nominated :awesome:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Are we discussing players or captains? I thought the title of the thread suggested it was the captains discussion

Kels88

Smash Lord
Lololol you guys. I just wanna say right quik that Kels is arguably THE BEST FOX IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW unless you count Mango's pocket fox that he doesn't really claim. Also Dart is amongst the top 5 Marths in the country (BEST marth next to M2k's in my book)

Darkatma was nominated :awesome:
thanks but honestly I feel like my fox blows. He feels slow now. At least he does when I'm playing against Marth and Falco. He's fine other than that. Sheik is amazing though. I think i'll try her out more at big tournaments.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
thanks but honestly I feel like my fox blows. He feels slow now. At least he does when I'm playing against Marth and Falco. He's fine other than that. Sheik is amazing though. I think i'll try her out more at big tournaments.
I'll help you with falco vs fox if it will prevent you from playing shiek at tourney's where you actually have a chance to lose.

RFrizzle

Smash Ace
I nominate Jace for the champion of the KC crew.

He is the only one of us who would take it seriously and he's also pretty damn good at this game.
Besides, who else would rep midwest falcons?
(other than DARKRAIN)
I completely agree with Massive. Darkrain would also be viable, he's someone many look up to.

Kels88

Smash Lord
I used to play Zeus all the time. He's the one who really got me good against Falco. I remember telling tink at one tournament not to go fox against him because that was the only matchup we played. lol he beat Tink that tourney. But ever since he moved, my fox has been getting wrecked by Falcos. I don't get it. But it's really gay. Falco's so broken

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
Couldn't you just Falco ditto people Kelly? Your nearly max on Fox's human capabilities already. So a high level falco should be a cinch for you.

But then again, you could just go sheik and edgegay the **** out of falco.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, Moose always did pretty well against Kelly's Fox whenever they played. Re-learn the matchup Kels, you can do it.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Fox vs Falco is one of those obnoxious matchups where you can't be fox and pressure with your presence alone, at least not as much

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
If I was going to make a crew right now this is how it would be. (strengths)

Universal starters:
Darkrain (falcon)
Kels (fox)
Dart (marth)
Tink (idk who he plays tbh)
Cunning (Fox)

Rotation based on matchups

Matt R (Falco) - used only against fox players, prob. always plays, falco is too good.
Trail (IC) - used only on sheik/falco players, sits out if there aren't these matchup possibilties.
Fruitloop (Falco) - used only on fox players, sits out if crew isnt fox heavy.
Darkatma (Sheik) - Marth? Peach? Prob. always plays, sheik is a good counter.
Vellyn (Puff) - counterpick to mute against spacies/whatever puff is good at
Duck (Samus) - some anti falco? not sure what samus is really good at.

other players

Orly (Falcon) - definately deserves to play based off placings/crew battle performance. However, falcon is just kinda a ****ty character and idk what we would need 2 for. Depends on the makeup of opposing crew.

Sveet(fox) - Skill definately steadily improving, still a little shaky against top competition. But there are months to go until this goes down.

Moose (Falco) - really technical falco, but again midwest wins by matchups so idk.

Jace (Falcon) - kinda the same deal as ORLY.

Just my initial take, truely trying to be as unbiased as possible. I plan on just beating some *** period in the next few tournies, so there won't be a question regarding myself.

Kels88

Smash Lord
If I was going to make a crew right now this is how it would be. (strengths)

Universal starters:
Darkrain (falcon)
Kels (fox)
Dart (marth)
Tink (idk who he plays tbh)
Cunning (Fox)

Rotation based on matchups

Matt R (Falco) - used only against fox players, prob. always plays, falco is too good.
Trail (IC) - used only on sheik/falco players, sits out if there aren't these matchup possibilties.
Fruitloop (Falco) - used only on fox players, sits out if crew isnt fox heavy.
Darkatma (Sheik) - Marth? Peach? Prob. always plays, sheik is a good counter.
Vellyn (Puff) - counterpick to mute against spacies/whatever puff is good at
Duck (Samus) - some anti falco? not sure what samus is really good at.

other players

Orly (Falcon) - definately deserves to play based off placings/crew battle performance. However, falcon is just kinda a ****ty character and idk what we would need 2 for. Depends on the makeup of opposing crew.

Sveet(fox) - Skill definately steadily improving, still a little shaky against top competition. But there are months to go until this goes down.

Moose (Falco) - really technical falco, but again midwest wins by matchups so idk.

Jace (Falcon) - kinda the same deal as ORLY.

Just my initial take, truely trying to be as unbiased as possible. I plan on just beating some *** period in the next few tournies, so there won't be a question regarding myself.
I should probably be put down as Sheik. My Fox blows now.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Moose is actually one of the less technical Falcos out there, he'll admit it himself haha.

But yeah the crew definitely needs Duck on there, he's a monster against anyone who:

1. doesn't know the Samus matchup very well
2. doesn't play Sheik

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Off topic but i've always wanted to make a rant on this topic: IMO theres two types of technical.

1) high quantity/precise inputs ("tech skill")
2) technical in the sense of a situation having lots of facets to understand. I can't think of an example off hand, but some players know some really sick combinations of option selects and reaction flowcharts in singular situations.

Is there a better term for #2? Generally when I want to describe a player like that I just say "smart" or something, but I don't think thats descriptive/accurate enough.

I'm gonna watch some vids and try to find an example of what i'm talking about

kd-

Smash Lord
Despite what Moose has always said about himself, I've always considered him to be very technical just for the speed at which he plays at and the smoothness that results - he looks like he's seamlessly moving twice as fast as other Falcos, or at least playing against him it feels like it.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I wouldn't put Tink in the main team, my main team would be as follows

Kels-Sheik/Fox
Darkrain-Falcon
Dart-Marth
Cunning-Fox
Matt R-Falco

as secondaries go, it's a lot like Trail's. I would personally switch out Sveet and ORLY for people like Quaz or Sanchez. Sveet is getting really good, but I'm citing the reason Trail posted and that both ORLY and I have beating him in tournament. If he can't beat the "good" players around here, I don't think he can be much of an asset. In regards to Chris, he seems to be losing to Falco and Sheik. He also seems to lack in the Falcon ditto. His only great use would be against Peach and Fox.

Also about Moose, I remember pretty much beating him at a tournament he came to here when I was half asleep. He ended up winning, but it was due to a fluke suicide.

Moooose

Smash Champion
i have no tech skill actually
also LOL at ^
are u bragging about "almost" beating me?
do you know how many people have "almost" beat me?
hell i almost lost to slamus
join the list of like 500 billion people gg's

oh and i love the sleeping johns too
get urself an alarm clock and we can mm next time were at the same tourney

also why am i being discussed here

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
i have no tech skill actually
also LOL at ^
are u bragging about "almost" beating me?
do you know how many people have "almost" beat me?
hell i almost lost to slamus
join the list of like 500 billion people gg's

oh and i love the sleeping johns too
get urself an alarm clock and we can mm next time were at the same tourney

also why am i being discussed here
I wasn't bragging, I was pointing it out. I was so tired after that tournament that someone else drove my car on the way home. That tournament is also the reason why I drink 5 hour energies before pools.

Moooose

Smash Champion
yea i was pretty sleepy too. in fact i fell asleep at the start of the set and when i woke up our set was over. gg's tho.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
yea i was pretty sleepy too. in fact i fell asleep at the start of the set and when i woke up our set was over. gg's tho.
Sorry that your butt hurt when someone is criticizing you. True story, I also lost a MM against Juggleguy right after that. Ask him how good he did against me the next time we played.

Moooose

Smash Champion
oh my b i didnt mean to john so hard about losing. o wait.

if u seriously dont get my point by now then ill spell it out
1. at the time that we played, i wasn't even good enough for anyone to care if you beat me
2. you didn't even beat me
3. i honestly dont give two ****s about how good people think i am so if u really think im butthurt u r dum

u guys should put duck in the crew battle
(but not against sheik).
make sure he goes up against four full stocks of a spacies or marth (or peach, i heard he wrecked doh)

also when i say i am not technical i am comparing myself to frootloop or LE, both of whom have much tighter combo and spacing game than i do

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
oh my b i didnt mean to john so hard about losing. o wait.

if u seriously dont get my point by now then ill spell it out
1. at the time that we played, i wasn't even good enough for anyone to care if you beat me
2. you didn't even beat me
3. i honestly dont give two ****s about how good people think i am so if u really think im butthurt u r

u guys should put duck in the crew battle
(but not against sheik).
make sure he goes up against four full stocks of a spacies or marth (or peach, i heard he wrecked doh)

also when i say i am not technical i am comparing myself to frootloop or LE, both of whom have much tighter combo and spacing game than i do
You obviously care enough to act like a little ***** about me saying one thing.
Lmfao, MM at FC?

Moooose

Smash Champion
oh good point
i forgot to mention that i shouldnt be considered for crews since i'm not gonna make it to this tourney. (i'm on the east coast for the next 2 months). ill be rootin for you guys all the way tho.

p.s. u can have my spot on trails list as an "other player" good doctor

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Sveet is getting really good, but I'm citing the reason Trail posted and that both ORLY and I have beating him in tournament. If he can't beat the "good" players around here, I don't think he can be much of an asset.
you are literally 1-10 against me. Chris and I are pretty even. I have beat people you haven't (kels, dart, duck) as well as have better records overall. Your ego is really inflating recently dude.

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
sveet is right about 2 kinds of technical, some people cant do very many things but never mess up, but other people can do very difficult things but make a lot of mistakes. the result is that both types of people wish they were the other way and claim to not be very technical, unless they get good at both types, which is pretty rare

trail made a pretty good post, i mostly agree but want to know for sure what vanz's deal is; is he embracing mw or what. i saw him stick up for mw in a thread a little while ago, i like the way that looks, and hes been playing/living here for a couple years now

also, it couldnt hurt to gauge drephens ability if he shows up, he never really disappoints

also lets quit the drama about the people trail listed for those really low spots, lets be honest its only an 8v8 crew battle, trail was just throwing some names out but if the "other players" he listed are being considered then there are about 20 more names you could equally throw on that list and none of them will make the crew anyway

edit: let me clarify that last bit a little, anybody could make the crew if they show that they are good enough, but the people in the first 2 sections are people that have proved that they are worth considering. anybody else hasnt done anything to warrant it, so discussing your pasts is pointless. if you guys want to make the crew, youll have to show that you deserve it between now and fc, because no matter what story you tell about beating someone in the past, we already know about it and it isnt enough

Top Bottom