• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain - Midwest

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Well crew battle is probably the last day so it should be pretty clear who the valuable MW players are based on performance

Zicore

Smash Champion
is cosmo going?
Working on it. Trying to get him to go with the old crew from WI. If he goes, he obviously would have to be on the team.

If I was going to make a crew right now this is how it would be. (strengths)

Universal starters:
Darkrain (falcon)
Kels (fox)
Dart (marth)
Tink (idk who he plays tbh)
Cunning (Fox)

Rotation based on matchups

Matt R (Falco) - used only against fox players, prob. always plays, falco is too good.
Trail (IC) - used only on sheik/falco players, sits out if there aren't these matchup possibilties.
Fruitloop (Falco) - used only on fox players, sits out if crew isnt fox heavy.
Darkatma (Sheik) - Marth? Peach? Prob. always plays, sheik is a good counter.
Vellyn (Puff) - counterpick to mute against spacies/whatever puff is good at
Duck (Samus) - some anti falco? not sure what samus is really good at.

other players

Orly (Falcon) - definately deserves to play based off placings/crew battle performance. However, falcon is just kinda a ****ty character and idk what we would need 2 for. Depends on the makeup of opposing crew.

Sveet(fox) - Skill definately steadily improving, still a little shaky against top competition. But there are months to go until this goes down.

Moose (Falco) - really technical falco, but again midwest wins by matchups so idk.

Jace (Falcon) - kinda the same deal as ORLY.

Just my initial take, truely trying to be as unbiased as possible. I plan on just beating some *** period in the next few tournies, so there won't be a question regarding myself.

I think the only two people missing from this list are Rat and Cosmo. I'd love to see Rat tare some **** up with that greasy samus.

I also nominate that fruityloopy.

Also tink sucks :awesome:

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
^ frootloop was on that list XD

agreed about rat and cosmo tho, assuming cosmo gets back into his old shape.

Cosmo may be a liability, though, if the other team knows how to CP with a fox, falcon or sheik.

SuperMatt

Smash Champion
2nd andale if he goes and plays puff in serious mode

also i dont like how cunning gets a spot without proving himself in tournament recently...i know hes good enough but it just feels unfair to others

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah i heard he was going to tournaments and smashfests this summer but so far he went to dave's house once and i got to play him like 4x and I havent seen him since

Tink

Smash Hero
i do love andale....but do i need to post the infamous matt vid where he completly falls to the pressure 0_o....i think hes a good option, just saying, it comes with a lilllll risk :p.

also, cunning is jus that good....anybody who says diff is crazy. hes the exception, not the rule heh.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
also, cunning is jus that good....anybody who says diff is crazy. hes the exception, not the rule heh.
This, at this point in the game its not really about fairness. You either have established yourself as one of the better players amongst your peers (cunning), or you still have to work to make yourself stand out. The fact that cunning has done no lobbying for himself yet is making it on everyone's lists speaks for itself. The dude is simply one of our top players and has been playing and practicing regularly for the better part of 8 years despite not entering singles tournies as of late.

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Darkatma is going to be 1.45x better by the time he comes back. That dude is mad hungry, practicing regularly with the likes of Silentspectre, Shroomed, Bob$, Lord, Toph, and me.

Tink

Smash Hero
if most of that crew makes it to FC, the south side chicago crew would love to MM ya *****s and let ya know MWs powahhh.....our crew consists of me, kelly, trail, cary, and big C....we also have rat if you can make 6 0_0....came at u brooo!

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
he clearly listed 6 people tink, come on now

is darkatma ready to be full mw, or is he gonna keep talking about how much he loves wc more than us?

Bieber

Smash Apprentice
this is the crew i'd love to see

- kels
- dart
- darkrain (those 3 should be on there no questions asked)
- vanz (not sure if he counts as mw or not?)
- cunning
- cosmo (not sure if this guy still plays but if he's as good as he was back in '10/'11 he should definitely be on here, plus having a weird low tier like zelda seems great for a crew battle)
- matt r
- darkatma or trail (i think after spending a few months in norcal this summer atma will be more than good enough to be on this crew, plus at genesis 2 he showed he does really well on a national level, but IC's are usually a better crew character than sheik so i dunno, either one would be a good pick i think)

there are plenty of other people that are good enough to be on the crew, and i know people like sveet are trying to improve enough to be considered as well, but i think these guys are pretty clearly our best players right now. there's some good character diversity in there too!

oh and darkatma or trail for captain

Tink

Smash Hero
yaaa...but as we alll knoww.....SS doesnt travel ever 0_0....so his chances of going, i would assume, is very slim :/.

Shroomed

Smash Master
yaaa...but as we alll knoww.....SS doesnt travel ever 0_0....so his chances of going, i would assume, is very slim :/.
What he listed is not the Norcal crew.

It would be me, SFAT, Pewpewu, and I have no idea who else is even trying to go from Norcal.

Tink

Smash Hero
thats a tasty looking crew =D.....id be down to MM that if u can get enough ppl....if you actually all play together like a crew that is :p.....if not, the chicago crew can add matt/cunning to our chicago crew, and we wont be losing to anyone 0_0.

Tink

Smash Hero
hey now, im just saying, if they can do it, so can we :p....we have alot of other replacements in chicago for anthony, should he john =D.

ORLY

Smash Master
matt's gonna be our anchor by the end of the summer

that dude's hungrier than a fat guy at a buffet

Kels88

Smash Lord
matt's gonna be our anchor by the end of the summer

that dude's hungrier than a fat guy at a buffet
I definitely agree. Matt's game has gotten so much better. Gotta watch out for him and Dart now. Who else will rise to challenge me? Step it up MW.

:phone:

Lanceinthepants

Smash Lord
Yea if you guys take Cunning away, Indiana may actually become the worst smash state. I think we could take Montana though.

Tink

Smash Hero
ud deff tear up some alaskian nigas too.....but more to the point for cunning....its called "HOT forever" sonns.....not hot sometimes o_0. in it for lyfe sonn.

Top Bottom