• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC Regional Crew Captain - Midwest

Tink

Smash Hero
i assume jace and darkrain would be in your crew? ask them how old i am at the game =D....talkin to a big boy shiek nyucca :p.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
IL is easily the best MW state. Easily. Kelly alone could take 15 stocks from anyone else's team

ORLY

Smash Master
this thread isn't about what's the best state in the MW

it's about who's the best to rep the MW

we need unity! SMASH INTRUDERS

Tink

Smash Hero
i think MW needs to think evennnn bigger about this crew battle...lets go for a no stock loss run where we try to suicide before we lose any stock by the opponets hand 0_0....thatttt would be the ultimate troll.

then again, were MW, we would prolly mess it up XD.

voorhese

Smash Master
If it came down to tink/kit as captains then kit should be the captain, because tink obviously doesn't think kit should be on the crew because he "didn't beat chu" like 5 years ago...and kit is an absolute need for this >_<

ORLY

Smash Master
i don't remember him saying that anthony shouldn't be on the crew and i am too lazy to go back scouring for it

but yeah i don't see tink being captain

.. maybe ckit though. he's like a little ninja

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
i don't remember him saying that anthony shouldn't be on the crew and i am too lazy to go back scouring for it

but yeah i don't see tink being captain

.. maybe ckit though. he's like a little ninja
I almost don't see him being on the crew.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...chris is right, never said cunning shouldnt be on the crew whatsoever, in fact, quite the opposite heh....also, never asked to be captain, and already said i would gladllllyyyy sit out the crew battle 0_0....ppl need to read a *****s posts heh.

voorhese

Smash Master
lollll.....a captain that choses cunning needs to remember that cunning lost us the crew battle to the south 0_o.....when we wanted him to take chu to a moving level and he chose a reg stage and got rolled -_-.
I just read this, and posted.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll.....and nothings changed with that statement....captains gotta know when to use cunning right, and its not when they think we can counter with a janky level, cause he wont like others would. just some strategy thought.

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
How has this discussion gone on for so long without mentioning 4%? The guy is kinda good at this game. He needs to at least be on the team.

Also, knowing Vanz he'll probably want to go on the East Coast crew, since he's from there. I'll have to ask next time I see him though.

Tink

Smash Hero
the prob is that we dont want too many of the same chars :/....either of his, fox/jiggs, has other ppl that would be considered above him :/....fox doesnt need examples, but velyn/andale would both be above in the puff category(i would assume is the general consensus? maybe im wrong)...

Tink

Smash Hero
what im saying, just looking at the MW lineup, most spots are gonna be gone as is...i mean u gotta think, 4 spots gone auto for mattR, kels, dark, and dart....then consensus trail/cunning would be 5-6 spots and your left with 2 spots realistically....and with ppl like fruit loop, dark atma, andale, velyn out there, its gonna be damn hard to get a spot.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
I dont see the problem with having too many foxes
The problem with the midwest having too many foxes is that our foxes (aside from kelly) aren't on par with other regions. Everyone knows the fox matchup, but few foxes are able to be broken as **** with the character. Fruitloop would most def. be falco and do the falco vs fox matchup that seems to be his strength.

HoChiMinhTrail

Smash Master
what im saying, just looking at the MW lineup, most spots are gonna be gone as is...i mean u gotta think, 4 spots gone auto for mattR, kels, dark, and dart....then consensus trail/cunning would be 5-6 spots and your left with 2 spots realistically....and with ppl like fruit loop, dark atma, andale, velyn out there, its gonna be damn hard to get a spot.
Each crew will prob get 2 alternate spots like before. They can choose to put in these alternates if the situation meets their strength. Midwest crew is like the money ball theory, we win with less talent by maximizing our best matchups A lineup that we send in for a specific region may not have 1 or 2 of our best players, but thats ok if those subbing in for them execute in accordance to their strengths. That's why the midwest has had problems in the past crew battles. Just throwing our best players against the best players of other regions is a fail strategy for the midwest.

Cookiemonsta

Smash Ace
So for the most part your saying our best (or not so best) players will most likely need to be good counter picks against other regions best players. Sounds good to me.

However, I think you should also throw in player specific matchups. Like lets say me for instance: I love fighting marths. So regardless if my character might be bad against Marths as far as tiers are concerned, realize that I just for reason am good at fighting marth with my character although it may normally be a bad matchup.

voorhese

Smash Master
Well trail having Matt R (falco), Kels (fox), Darkrain (falcon), Dart (marth), Kit (fox), You (Ice comblets), and then frootloop (falco), and velyn or andale as puff seems pretty diverse to me =)

john!

Smash Hero
kels, dart, darkrain, ckit, and matt should be on the crew no matter what

the other 3 should be decided during the singles tournament

also i think having "character variety" is overrated... it's about who our players are comfortable fighting AGAINST that really matters. obviously having some jank **** like cosmo's zelda would be pretty sweet, but otherwise the opponent is definitely gonna have experience in whatever matchup we throw at them, so we've gotta make sure it's a matchup that OUR players can do well

ORLY

Smash Master
no hate intended but when it comes to fighting OoR matt and kels kind of choke it up a lot

darkrain is too legendary

dart should be solid if he doesn't pull the same stunt he did at the big house, stylin' and losing the set IIRC. style is awesome but don't lose for it ;D

ckit is.. well, ckit. he's like the gun daddy keeps in the nightstand; let's just hope he's loaded and no one will see it coming

i like the idea of trail's moneyball crew

but that'll come down to who takes the most stocks consistently if the analogy stays true

EDIT: moneyball crews would dictate a lot of people sleepin' on atma

Kels88

Smash Lord
no hate intended but when it comes to fighting OoR matt and kels kind of choke it up a lot

darkrain is too legendary

dart should be solid if he doesn't pull the same stunt he did at the big house, stylin' and losing the set IIRC. style is awesome but don't lose for it ;D

ckit is.. well, ckit. he's like the gun daddy keeps in the nightstand; let's just hope he's loaded and no one will see it coming

i like the idea of trail's moneyball crew

but that'll come down to who takes the most stocks consistently if the analogy stays true

EDIT: moneyball crews would dictate a lot of people sleepin' on atma
I sense a lot of hate. Don't even know when i choked it up against OoR. Unless it's a puff

ORLY

Smash Master
then jman or m2k or wobbles

my only point is: you'd be a fool to pretend you're invincible, my friend

BigD!!!

Smash Lord
You'd also be a fool to pretend anyone else here has done any better

Not putting kels on the crew would be absolutely stupid

Top Bottom