• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

** MELEE MAYHEM!! ** 12/05/09 bring set ups!!!

Linguini

Smash Master
who the **** cares? we dont cater tournaments to any players, unless its like mango or m2k lol.

Cahnge the date to december 5th and talk to phil to make sure and were set.

ROM2 next weekend, wish me and eli luck!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Hmm I talked to project. The week after is fine. Just gotta check that its ok with zp. If the 5th is the saturday after the 28th of this month it shall be that. If its the 1st it shall be that.

Anyway I dont think Eli will make it out of pools. I hate to say that but I dont think he is ready. It hurts to say that :(

Emillio will place top 10 but not top 5. Unless he plays bad in pools and gets like 3rd seed then he is gonna get bracketed ****** but we all know he is gonna ****.

I hope both of you prove me wrong. If you do I will buy you guys ice cream :)

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Pools is one of the greatest experiance for all smash players.

Its runs as so.

They gather a set number people generaly(idealy) 8. For this example I will use 8.
You all play sets of 3 against one another. Generaly pools are seeded in some way by skill and reigon you reside in.(So that our best players dont all get stuck in one pool and then another pool is all scrub players lol)

After the sets are played each player's wins are tallied up and you are ranked from most wins to least.

A set amound of people will advance to the next round which can be another round of pools(for bigger tournaments)

Or 2 the final bracket where players play in a double elimination bracket.(Which you should understand already.)

In my example generaly top 4 advance. But like a said its a set amount of people based on your TO but generaly its 4.

Its worth your money beacuse you get to play people way better than you and people on your lvl. In my example you would have at least played 14 tournament matches.

Hope I helped :)

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
IMO id rather just lose and leave as opposed to sitting in a room full of xxxxxxxx, playing 7 people(with luigi) and then still losing and leaving home at 3 am and not getting home til 8 the next day because i had to take 4 people home(because we were somewhere that wasnt anywhere near my crib).

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
Yea nicaboy. I really would like to make it past pools. but dont know if i can....yet. I'm working on a playstyle thats more effective. That's wut this weekend was for. So i wanna smash this week so i can implement it more. plus i should be able to power up alot the night before pools cuz i'm gonna train with: Linguini, Tipman, Kage, Dr.PeePee and more. Wednesday sound like a good day to smash? or even tmrw. I dont have to practice with my band on Tuesdays.

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
geesus christo i was wasted last night.

and eli youre missing the same thing me and cameron are.

focus.

i (dont) see it everytime you play.

Pr0jecT

Smash Ace
HBOX, I had no control over Shiz's personal life; nor do I have control of Uber Ices. We were supposed to go but things happen man, atleast Phanna made it :p

spider_sense

Smash Champion
Yea nicaboy. I really would like to make it past pools. but dont know if i can....yet. I'm working on a playstyle thats more effective. That's wut this weekend was for. So i wanna smash this week so i can implement it more. plus i should be able to power up alot the night before pools cuz i'm gonna train with: Linguini, Tipman, Kage, Dr.PeePee and more. Wednesday sound like a good day to smash? or even tmrw. I dont have to practice with my band on Tuesdays.
You'll be ok (at least against Ganon's I think) lol don't do that silly stuff you like to do and keep a clear head, and you'll be fine. I MIGHT be down to smash later this week, who knows though.

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Ok what kinda ice cream you want?:laugh:

Dwayne hit me up today wanting to smash. He was down for stevens today but I dunno. Im down for later today(Tuesday). Wensday my grandparent are coming in from nicaragua so I dunno about then. I will play sheik until your eye bleeds.

@Derek I will change the date asap. Cfl in the house!!!

Trikrome

Smash Apprentice
Yea derek and I are gonna smash today nica. so we need to smash together. Raphael might come out too supposedly.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
wow are you guys really talking about playing smash in my tournament thread? gtfo of here post that in the social thread, this thread is about me and dale's epic tournament, with my part of the door fee im gonna get a stripper btw, im sure shed be down to do a little dance for us

Blatt Blvd

Smash Ace
why of all the cfl people did hungrybox have to become the best?

imo he is destroying melee with his bad character choice, and choice of clothing.

CrypTik

Smash Journeyman
No, Lee isn't in town I think. So there is no tourney happening tomorrow. Well, maybe some of the guys will show up and hold a 1$ tourney.

Top Bottom