• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight smorgasbord!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Lain's an idiot. But from what he told me, he was the one who knocked out NoJ from the tournament. So... yeah. I'm not saying Canada is bad or anything, I'm just pointing out that MI outplayed NoJ at that tourney :D

lain

Smash Master
Ok man check the results here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206769

i got 3rd, beating some top players. no johns about it or nothing. i mean, hell, it sucked. being awake for 30+ hours, away at an international tournament where everyone is rooting against you, being high for 3 days straight.

it gets to ya.

but yeah NOJ should have gotten 2nd or 3rd. the bracketing was just ********.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Being high for 2-3 days straight was just too amazing xD.

And cmon guys, Lain eliminated KINGACE.

/thread

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
LAAAIIINNN >_<!

God, you are so good but you seem to forget basic stuff that would make your IC's sooo much more effecient. You play brilliantly until it comes down to knowing %'s and then you just make bad choices. You would of beaten Holy had you kept these things in mind:

1. Rob will die at 85% from dowthrow to bthrow to charged upsmash. You can dthrow to bthrow to regrab, but you never once started charging your smash. Charge it with the C-stick right as you Dthrow then throw backwards when you are a little over half charged and release when your opponent has completly left nana's hands. You could of killed Rob several times like this but you kept chaingrabbing??!?! And then lost a stock because of it! Also, keep in mind that NT spike > Dthrow spike and you could of killed rob at one point with it at like 60% but you kept chaingrabbing.

Try being more effecient and you will stop losing. I'm serious. Get those kills as soon as possible.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
LAAAIIINNN >_<!

God, you are so good but you seem to forget basic stuff that would make your IC's sooo much more effecient. You play brilliantly until it comes down to knowing %'s and then you just make bad choices. You would of beaten Holy had you kept these things in mind:

1. Rob will die at 85% from dowthrow to bthrow to charged upsmash. You can dthrow to bthrow to regrab, but you never once started charging your smash. Charge it with the C-stick right as you Dthrow then throw backwards when you are a little over half charged and release when your opponent has completly left nana's hands. You could of killed Rob several times like this but you kept chaingrabbing??!?! And then lost a stock because of it! Also, keep in mind that NT spike > Dthrow spike and you could of killed rob at one point with it at like 60% but you kept chaingrabbing.

Try being more effecient and you will stop losing. I'm serious. Get those kills as soon as possible.
ROB's up+b auto-meteor cancels, so spikes don't really work on him. I've been daired by Falco at 100% on Frigate and survived. >_>

But yes 'bout the efficiency thing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
A ROB that doesn't glide toss? Those still exist? That's like finding a car that plays vinyl.

Teh Future

Smash Master
Hylian aren't the percents you give for upsmash kills skewed? Im sure you can live longer with proper DI, and the guy is definitely gonna DI unless hes super dumb because its quite obvious whats coming.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hylian aren't the percents you give for upsmash kills skewed? Im sure you can live longer with proper DI, and the guy is definitely gonna DI unless hes super dumb because its quite obvious whats coming.
Yes, ROB does not die at 85 from an IC u-smash when he DIs it, but close enough.

lain

Smash Master
That's why I always cg'ed people to ~100 before i felt comfortable killing them.

The spike was a test. I merely wanted to see if he'd meteor cancel it, and sure enough he did.

THanks guys

:colorful:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can kill Rob when nana is holding him at 85% with a fully charged usmash. Keep in mind Rob takes more damage when he is thrown, 85 is just the percent he needs to be at when nana is holding him. It also depends on the stage and how fresh your usmash is.

lain

Smash Master
Plus, I always cg to higher percents cause people actually mash really fast and hard to get out.

I'm talking REALLY fast.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Plus, I always cg to higher percents cause people actually mash really fast and hard to get out.

I'm talking REALLY fast.
Or have serious mindgames that make you mess up.

Hylian, if you ever play ICs against me, you'll mess up your first chain grab and hate me forever.

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
Wow, lain. This is the first time I really watched your IC vids, I must say I'm really impressed. Awesome Ice Climbers! Maybe I'll face them in an MI tourney someday.... XD

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Or have serious mindgames that make you mess up.

Hylian, if you ever play ICs against me, you'll mess up your first chain grab and hate me forever.
I doubt that :). I'm pretty ****ing good at chaingrabbing. People have yelled in my ear before to try and make me stop. It doesn't bother me because I'm not a jumpy person at all.

That being said I don't play Ice Climbers vs ROB or MK because they are both bad match-ups.

lain

Smash Master
I've gotten better at it. Whenever I'm cg'ing I just sorta look around and start talking lol...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've gotten better at it. Whenever I'm cg'ing I just sorta look around and start talking lol...
Wait till you can do it without looking :). Amazing crowd pleaser trust me :)...

lain

Smash Master
LOLLLL

omg omg i gotta try it now. people are gonna be pissed. is there any official word on ic cg? will it ever get banned? i think there's no reason to. it's SO ****ing hard to grab people when they play the right way.

except for characters like... DK. or something. lollll

also, i'm trying to learn samus as a low tiear/whatever character. haha. fun as ****.

btw my thread should be stickied. LOLL

:colorful:

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
@ lain:

why are you always trying to upsmash with popo out of the grab. at 120% i doesn´t matter if nana or popo does a charged upsmash. when i´m grabing an opponent at high percentage i just charge with nana an upsmash and throw the opponent into it Oo. so i can´t fail at grabbing and i just get my kill

lain

Smash Master
...because i can? lol.

honestly, i've just been doing whatever. it works.

My mistakes against HolyNightmare though make me realize I need to be quicker and more efficient.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The ICG won't be banned by the SBR unless like a million IC players start getting first at tournaments with it. Then we will look at it.

Also, to the person who asked about killing with popo: Your lead climber had more knockback and killing power then your follower.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
Also, to the person who asked about killing with popo: Your lead climber had more knockback and killing power then your follower.

yeah i know. but at 170% (i think in the grandfinal video vs anther was a situation like that) it doesn´t matter if you upsmash with nana or popo. so its saver to grab with popo and immediatly upsmash with nana instead trying a bthrow and then kill with popo.
thats what i mean

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
No matter the percent, it takes two uncharged smash attacks from Nana to kill someone in a grab. Why not just kill them with 1 smash attack from the lead Ice Climber?

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
no thats not true. i grab with popo charge upsmash with nana und throw the opponent in the upsmash = death
the exact same thing u do when u finish with popo. just with nana
only 1 charged upsmash with nana

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I do what l!nk does.
If you grab with Popo, charge a smash with Nana, and start throwing, then release the smash, the smash will send them away.
Also, I didn't know L lived in Michigan/Missouri. Whichever. XD

meepxzero

Smash Master
curious why dont people use the ice block foot stool cg on heavy people o.O... seems a lot easier than alt grabs. Timings too strict on heavies with alt grabs and i can see crucial errors with cg to death combos.

I kno one of my biggest nightmares with ic is missing the kill grab when they are over a 100%.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
curious why dont people use the ice block foot stool cg on heavy people o.O... seems a lot easier than alt grabs. Timings too strict on heavies with alt grabs and i can see crucial errors with cg to death combos.

I kno one of my biggest nightmares with ic is missing the kill grab when they are over a 100%.
It's just preference really.

lain

Smash Master
Yep. I don't like doing hobbles, but I feel i have trouble doing infinites on heavies (besides dthrow with popo, then bthrow with nana. like in my ally vid.) I don't really even feel comfortable doing that, so I gotta find something.

and I live in michigan lol along with anther and NOJ

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Nice taunt, he could've broken out of that grab by then, though.
He probably gave up >_>

Top Bottom