• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit Championship Results 1/17/09

Meneil

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I kept getting names wrong yesterday on Tio. All that is my fault, my bad. (that goes for ACE853, Xisin, J-Kip, Rowan and whoever else I didn't mention)
I speak quietly, don't worry about it. Nonsensical names are hard to spell right anyway.

Kirk

Smash Champion
I had TONS of fun at the tourney. The drive home could have been better...but we made it back in one piece. It was really nice meeting a lot of new people as well as seeing so many familiar faces.

Shoutouts!

1: Anther - Congrats on winning! I still hope to someday play you in a tourney match.

2: Overswarm - I wish I could have gotten to play you at least one match. :/ And one that wasn't in the random tournament. xD

3: Domo - Too good! Our set was way too close. xD I hope we get to play again sometime.

9: Lain - MM was fun. I'll find a way to get around DDD with Ike one of these days...

9: SamuraiPanda - I was very pleased to finally meet you! I had a lot of fun talking with you about...everything. Good job CPing Olimar against me lol...I hope to try that matchup again next weekend.

9: Blood Hawk - Thank you for hosting! It was a lot of fun playing your Lucario too. Hope to see you again.

13: Rowan - Best Peach I've ever played. Very good games we had.

17: Hilt - Olimar... xD Fun MMs we had.

17: Legan - Your Link is way too ****ing sexy! I LOVE watching you play...it's a blast everytime. Thanks for playing friendlies with me...tons of fun. Hope to see you again. :D

25: Zeton - Crazy fox is crazy...you really surprised me our first game. Good ****.

33: MachineGunNorm - RapistNorm! I drove you places. Thanks for coming. :p

33: ArkiveZero - Beast Link! Glad we could play each other in the tourney.

49: Infern Angelis - Ike is a terrible character and you should feel bad for playing him... :p It was nice to meet you in person. Thanks for the MMs. :D

49: Meneal - You should change your name to Meneal. It sounds better. ^^ Oh yeah, Ike mains are awesome. You're awesome. :D

Everyone else: Good ****!

:laugh:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
****kkkkkkkkkk
Fino beat me, if it's any comfort to you at all.

When I was told that my next match was against Olimar I was like OH SHTI

Excellent character variety... but where the hell is Toon Link? NOBODY plays that poor kid and he's pretty **** good, I just don't understand it at all. :( Could've used you, Quivo!
I noticed that too...I did not see Toon Link AT ALL except for when I played him once in a friendly team match.

Yeah, I kept getting names wrong yesterday on Tio. All that is my fault, my bad. (that goes for ACE853, Xisin, J-Kip, Rowan and whoever else I didn't mention)
Not gonna lie, seeing "Rlwan" on the overhead made me laugh.

edit: Shoutout to everyone:

Sorry for leaving after I lost. I was pretty disappointed in myself for losing like I did. It seems I'm not the only one who suicided at least once during a tournament match yesterday. I should have stayed for some friendlies and moneymatches and stuff, it would have helped me, and I would have shown you my moves ^_^

There were too many good players I had played on wifi, or heard of before, and yesterday was my chance to play them in person, and I blew it :[

Oh well, if you guys want to play, just come back to this venue, I live right down the street from it!

And once again: I like how all the Kirby mains placed very badly.

:[

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
It is i the cow tipper from kansas.... domo lol awesome tournamennt guys great comp here i loved it. got to meet az, panda. os, anther, kirk, ripple, the man, and soo many others. mvc2 was too good on the side setups lol.

SHOUTOUTS:

OS: great matches.... **** happens i know and i dont get complacent i get better so beware the cow tipping makes me stronger lol

anther: u are a really cool guy i wish i could have played u. but i screwed up and os didnt lol and congrats on the win u really deserve it.

ripple: i could have sworn it was called luigis mansion but u turned it into **** mansion on me lol awesome strategy i really respect your dk and u as a person u are awesome

LAIN!: BEAST.... THAT IS ALL

joshu: wish i could have played u in singles but u seemed like a nice guy and i saw u were an awesome player so u cool beans in my book.

Panda: u are awesome. i love the educated smash talk it only happens once every blue moon so i savor it when i can. u are a really intelligent person and smasher and i really respect u.

kel: idk if i would have won if halberd hadnt gayed u. u are a good player and a pretty cool guy.

noj: friendlies next time maybe?/hopefully

kirk: why did u beat me up so bad? f-throw on corneria= too good. and your ike is on crack and needs extreme rehab lol

To the mvc2 guys: only the greatest of men can handle that game so we stand among the elite lol

overall great tournament. 14 hr drive welllll worth it. will be doin it again. except maybe ill fly next time lol

any shout outs i forgot let me know i prolly did forget but im sleepy so forgive me

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
aaaaaaa i just got home, 16 hours on the road is long

but not that long when you sleep half of the time :D

Ripple - why do you carry an Ash Ketchum hat with you LOL. i had fun with the friendlies and great job in singles.

ithrowthings - nice sonic, the games were super tight.

Tactical - good stuff, very close games in bracket.

SamuraiPanda - it was cool meeting you in tourney, very close matches. i almoooooost took that #2 even with ivy's ******** suicide at the beginning! :D lol mines

Rowan - crazy Peach and crazy PT. you are really good man, i'm looking forward to playing you again!

-Hilt- - our matches were just the thing i needed to stay awake from not sleeping at ALL saturday morning haha. nice olimar.

BlueBlade/Blood Hawk - thanks for running this tourney and letting Kansas spend the night! we really appreciate it.

the teams Legan and I played - great matches, it was tough to advance. lots of close games. Legan's absolutely ******** KO on dedede was the most unbelievable thing i'd ever seen at that point ...domo's suicide then beat it shortly thereafter... forgot your names but you know who you are! you played a freakin PT and Link in doubles lol.

Legan - omg wtf how did we achieve this:

Doubles (25 teams)

9: Team Our Characters Really Suck, but we are pro at this freakin' game anyway. (Steeler + Legan)
hahahahaha i came up with the best team name. YEAH BABY PT + LINK. this **** made no sense, i was expecting us to be two and done! if we team again, i'm switching ivy out every single time, no questions. sorry about that.

Mr. E - we played a looooooot of friendlies, it was great meeting you in person. i'm sorry about the team thing, Legan suggested we team at the last minute. i went along with it for the lulz but had no idea we'd do as well as we did. i'll make it up to ya.

Kansas - this was a good test for us. we are getting there, but we have to step it up even more at No Koast and the bi-weeklies. i'm psyched to improve even more, to prove that...

My Character Really Sucks, But I'm Pro at This Freakin' Game Anyway

loljk :p

neji32

Smash Lord
Legan's absolutely ******** KO on dedede was the most unbelievable thing i'd ever seen at that point .

This was a very heart breaking moment for me........=p

King yoshi- What a great person, we didnt get many matches in did we? lol maybe next time, too bad im not going to cot4

Legan- I hope i impressed you in one of my link matches xD i would of gone link in the mm ut......os's amazing advice was running through my head.

Overswarm- your advice has saved me plenty of dollars. Though you didnt tell me it this tourny, i still remember exactly how to win.....pick mk =p

Domo- I was really looking forward to playing another mk, trying to conquer them all!

Kel- I'm just happy i got my revenge on you in that friendly. Wanted some more matches with you though

Anther- Just from watching you pika i think my pikachu has gotten 4 tiems better from the start of the tourny to the end.....i never got that final pika ditto with you

Fino- we really needed more friendlies in, i do feel the mm i won wasn't legit lol

Joshu-..........how od you play ddd lol

Omniswell- our matches were in fact the funniest ones i played.....your ic's are ridiculously good.

Lain- ......we need a mm rematch, hopefully i an do it next time >=D

nice matches to everyone and btw im the Cc-Sp person

Count

Smash Champion
Good stuff everybody, i was planning on attending this, but i recently pledged a fraternity here at BU so I had fratastic matters to attend to :(. Sounds like a great time and I hope I can get a chance to play some of you in the near future. Way to represent diddy AZ :).

lain

Smash Master
Anther: DENNY'S<3
Overswarm: You've improved a lot from before, I'm surprised. Good **** man you deserved that 2nd.
Domo: SHUDA PLAYED IC'S LOL. Good **** man, you came outta NOWHERE. Very impressive and I hope to see ya again.
AZ: You're matches were SO close. You're diddy kong just kicks into beast mode sometimes =_=
NOJ: Go get more papuh son!
Ripple: Your DK improved a HUGE amount. Best DK in the world fershure
Kirk: My god you just destroyed people now didn't you?
SamuraiPanda: I see you played Snake LOLLLL Good **** man.
BloodHawk: ;D Not gonna lose to you anymore as you can now see. Your record is still like 3-0 against me LOLLL
Chewey: =_= I'm so glad I beat you. IC dittos were so lame ahahaha.
Clel: I'm pretty sure this was one of the 2 girls there. Highest placing womanftw
Fino: Good Olimar man. You kinda got the Michigan reacharound in brackets LOLLLL
Legan: You crazy crazy black man. Absurdly low tier LOLLLL
Zeton: Nice fox man, you were the best fox I've played in... ever. Good **** mangz.
King Yoshi: Yo man I know you were saying bye before you left, I was just focused in on that mm lol. Good seeing you man, Hope to see you again ;D
MachinegunNorm: Sucks I didn't get to play you! I'll be seein ya in Chicago man :colorful:

Also: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6403332#post6403332

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
****, I only got shoutout or two :( how sad... I guess that's what I get for placing 33rd...

shoutouts even later I guess... I gotta eat the bacon I just made :)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Anther: DENNY'S<3
Overswarm: You've improved a lot from before, I'm surprised. Good **** man you deserved that 2nd.
Domo: SHUDA PLAYED IC'S LOL. Good **** man, you came outta NOWHERE. Very impressive and I hope to see ya again.
AZ: You're matches were SO close. You're diddy kong just kicks into beast mode sometimes =_=
NOJ: Go get more papuh son!
Ripple: Your DK improved a HUGE amount. Best DK in the world fershure
Kirk: My god you just destroyed people now didn't you?
SamuraiPanda: I see you played Snake LOLLLL Good **** man.
BloodHawk: ;D Not gonna lose to you anymore as you can now see. Your record is still like 3-0 against me LOLLL
Chewey: =_= I'm so glad I beat you. IC dittos were so lame ahahaha.
Clel: I'm pretty sure this was one of the 2 girls there. Highest placing womanftw
Fino: Good Olimar man. You kinda got the Michigan reacharound in brackets LOLLLL
Legan: You crazy crazy black man. Absurdly low tier LOLLLL
Zeton: Nice fox man, you were the best fox I've played in... ever. Good **** mangz.
King Yoshi: Yo man I know you were saying bye before you left, I was just focused in on that mm lol. Good seeing you man, Hope to see you again ;D
MachinegunNorm: Sucks I didn't get to play you! I'll be seein ya in Chicago man :colorful:

Also: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6403332#post6403332
LOL at closed thread, It's not really true though, I'm white and hate BF and love smashville.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I gots no shoutouts. I is sad. :( :( :(

Anyway sorry for being a jerk kinda, to anybody I was being a jerk to. I know there was at least one, he put his tag in as Obama. -.-

Oh and this one time Louisville didn't come to any of the circuit events and didn't enter doubles at all and thus messed up the seeding and all wound up placing lower than they should have (and also took me out earlier than I should have gone out... w/e no johns). The end.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
It seems that this event Marks the End of a Great Era....It was a learning experience and now I'll just get better and better....
I am officially claiming the title of the BEST KIRBY IN THE MIDWEST.....(no one has proved me wrong yet)
Hmmm...Omniswell you are my target....them Ice Climbers Destroyed me I give you 2 thumbs for the skill...and i also give you unlimited *** whippings(no Homo) in the future at tournaments...hehe But I learned a lot playing you....
I feel that I am better than half the people up there...But hey everyone's entitled to there own opinion
Ummm next time "The God Kais"...will destroy you all. Not one decent Shout out....that's okay...I'll make my presence felt in the future....I absolutely GUARANTEE a brand new me...Kirby is coming... Watch out.
Much love to...Hilt, Rowan, Cr4sh, Domo, Legan, Spec, Dude I played MVC2 with(can't remember the name) RoboMan, of course Infern...
Oh and I need to get to know Anther a lil more...seems like a Cool dude.
And next time you all decide to Smoke a lil something...ya'll need to offer....ya dig...but Ummm Yeah Enough it's time for me to train and I will be looking forward to the next tournament...And Ya'll need to come to Cincinnati next time we have something here....Y.b.M.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
It seems that this event Marks the End of a Great Era....It was a learning experience and now I'll just get better and better....
I am officially claiming the title of the BEST KIRBY IN THE MIDWEST.....(no one has proved me wrong yet)
Hmmm...Omniswell you are my target....them Ice Climbers Destroyed me I give you 2 thumbs for the skill...and i also give you unlimited *** whippings(no Homo) in the future at tournaments...hehe But I learned a lot playing you....
I feel that I am better than half the people up there...But hey everyone's entitled to there own opinion
Ummm next time "The God Kais"...will destroy you all. Not one decent Shout out....that's okay...I'll make my presence felt in the future....I absolutely GUARANTEE a brand new me...Kirby is coming... Watch out.
Much love to...Hilt, Rowan, Cr4sh, Domo, Legan, Spec, Dude I played MVC2 with(can't remember the name) RoboMan, of course Infern...
Oh and I need to get to know Anther a lil more...seems like a Cool dude.
And next time you all decide to Smoke a lil something...ya'll need to offer....ya dig...but Ummm Yeah Enough it's time for me to train and I will be looking forward to the next tournament...And Ya'll need to come to Cincinnati next time we have something here....Y.b.M.
Framerate about doubled in quality after you faught at king yoshi's or TYM or wherever that was. I was at the tourney with framerate and pretty much considered him a scrub, but we played friendlies about a month later and he super improved his game. Then again just stepping into that venue gave everyone there a +3 to their gaming skill because the skill levels were so intense it leaked a little bit into the air.

So, you probly still have framerate beat, but I'd watch out.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Speaking of Framerate, OU needs to come to actual tourneys. For real. I don't think any of them have ever played anyone from Michigan-- now pretty much indisputably the best state in the midwest.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
....I should have moneymatched you when I had the chance.

Did you play Holms or 8bit? They're both good.

BYAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Smash Rookie
So this tourney was great had lots of fun .... need to actually do some money matches next time I ended up falling asleep towards the end of singles finals and missed the whole thing LOL

As a side note NOJ's game & watch is beastly ..... hands down the funniest match i had throughout the whole event

To ITT and matt thanks for the ride ...I commend you guys for driving despite the weather

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I think top 5 Michigan versus top 5 Ohio would be extremely close. Oh who am I kidding, Ohio would destroy Michigan in crew battle.

Shout outs:
Oranos: good seeing you, step that Lucas game up!
YBM: Good matches, way to be clutch with D3 in game 2, I think you rid me of 2 stocks in like 20-30 seconds. Stick with just one character though!!!
Joshu: Got my revenge <.<
Bloodhawk: fun matches, I think I figured you out in the second game
Anther: gdi... Was I the only one to take a game from you the whole tournament? Next time I'm gonna make sure you don't thunder jolt me...this was the first time I've ever had the difference between winning and losing separated by less than 10%.
NoJ: I got lucky, your GW is too smarts. You did pick the stage though (meanwhile I took you to the beautifully gloriously flat, non-obstructive FD).
Domo: Good ****! You completely outplayed me in our set.
Rofa: good seeing ya, can't wait to see the documentary
Kel: Good teaming, wish that one set had gone our way, oh well.
Bowyer: good to meet you, sorry you didn't place so well
Doc X: Your Pit looks like its improved a lot
NOPE: OMG NOPE I <3 YOU. Way to drive back in the snow that night and thanks for the ride/housing. Huge help, I wouldn't have been to this tournament without you. Next Friday we gotta chill.
Cake: Keep working on the Diddy man!
Fino: Using Diddy's bananas against Diddy is easier said than done.
Lain: WHAT HAPPENEDDDDDDDD??? Good chilling with you though
Vayseth: Good chilling with you as well.
Panda: we didn't get to play, sniff.

Everyone else, and anyone I may have forgotten, good tournament, good matches, good ****, and no johns.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
My shout outs:

Fino: **** me harder plz lol. Best olimar without a doubt.
BloodHawk: Very nice matches! Bad counterpick on my end I guess. Curse the bomb-omb!!
Lain: Owned me pretty well in our MM. Random question but do you (or did you) play Stepmania?
Cake: Great Diddy! The Peanut spamming started to work after awhile lol.
Nope: Hehe.. Nope!
Kirk: Very nice Ike! Best I've played so far! Good job chain grabbing me against the wall lol.
OS: Eh, I tried :p. Hopefully I'll do better next time though. Ill make it up there soon. :) See you next tourney.
Anther: Congrats and GGs! Nice playing you again and I enjoyed our friendly :p. I'll see you on AiB chat.
Panda: Pikachu's chaingrabs against snake owns lol. It was nice watching you play :p. I would love to get another chance to play.
Steeler: lol ggs man. I really enjoyed our friendlies. :) I definately would like to play you again. Help me with squirtle's hydroplaning lol.
YBM: ****ing ***** me in MVC2 after awhile lol. ICEBEAM! Great games :p.
Legan: One of the best links I've played so far. You ALMOST had me. Great games.
Doc X: Finally a chance to play each other lol. I enjoyed the matches man. Sorry 'bout that bomb-omb at the end :p.
Asdioh: Sucks that we didn't get a chance to play :(. I'll see you next time on AiB.
Nicole: Nice GaW! :) I got as far as I could. :p
Bowyer: I soo wanted to play you lol. It was nice meeting you though :).
Kel: Sorry you didnt get a chance to **** me this tourney lol. Have fun in Japan.
Hot_Arms: Why didnt we play lol? I see you on AiB all the time. Well GGs on wifi A LONG time ago. I forgot who won :p.
Domo: Great job placing 3rd. GGs during our friendlies also :p. You destroyed every character I chose and I'm pretty sure you really wanted to **** my peach also. MVC2 rocks :D.
Zeton: We talked alot about Fox and my friend Paladin. Thanks for helping him out :).

Louisville Crew and Friends: LOL 5hr drive! The roads were horrible on the way back. Jkip and Crash deserve a gold medal since they safely got us back home. Pally gets a bronze for driving halfway :p. Nice friendlies everyone and thanks again Jkip for the ride.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
There were a few things left at the venue:

1. Cable Splitters
2. Headphones
3. Blanket/Sleeping bag

All of the following are now in Michigan. If one of these is yours, give me a PM with a detailed explanation of what it is (so I know its yours)... but I have no idea when you'll be able to get it back. Michigan is going to the tournament in Chicago next week, so we may be able to meet up there.

I'll do some shoutouts later because I just found out I have tons of really important homework I've been slacking off on that's due tomorrow :/

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hot arms... why does your location say Ann Arbor? You aren't here till next year, lol.

LouBega

Smash Journeyman
this is jordan (the g&w with the stupid pink hat)

just wanted to say good games to everybody i played. next time hopefully i'll get some sleep the night before and actually play well (john john john).

eric: nice meeting you and playing with you
kc people: nice seeing you guys again even though i didn't really play any of you ever. it was fun watching arkive's link though.
wichita: way to go domo on 3rd place. it was nice meeting all of you.
people i played friendlies with in teams: it was fun playing all of you even though i'm not specifying any of you individually. double jiggs is a force to be reckoned with.
cake: mario circuit is stupid. you have a really good diddy.
os: you're the first good meta knight i've played and our first game was really good. second one i kind of fell apart though. next time it will be closer i promise.
az and kel: nice playing you guys in doubles, even though *insert power outage complaints*. that **** was heartbreaking.
hilt: sorry i went to port town. good games, your olimar is very good.
spec and king yoshi: good games in teams and also good matches in singles king yoshi.

kit, andrew (ace lol), and nicole: you guys are great, had fun with you guys for the millions of hours we spent in the car. kit, hopefully next time bad **** won't just randomly happen to us (falling through the stage, power outage, making bad decisions about wearing stupid hats). nicole, good work stealing all of those sweet game and watch strategies i invented. like using the turtle and fishbowl a lot. andrew, congrats on being tied for best olimar in the midwest. also thanks for driving the whole way home!

anyone else: good games, good times, etc...

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
come to chicago and play blank, he has a pretty beastly kirby, but i don't think i've played yours so i dunno who is better.

but i really need to learn my match ups better. i thought i had most of them down but then i got beat by dk and then a fox.. :(

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
come to chicago and play blank, he has a pretty beastly kirby, but i don't think i've played yours so i dunno who is better.

but i really need to learn my match ups better. i thought i had most of them down but then i got beat by dk and then a fox.. :(
I'll be traveling more often so...I will love to play people who has my main...Since we are ending this season of events and beginning a new one...I will be a stand alone Kirby...Guess I'mma have to start posting My vids and things that I've done with Kirby once I get me a Camera and SD card....

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Shouts:

Anther - It's kind of sad that AZ was your only hard match :/ I'm going to beat you in Chicago...

Overswarm - I'm a little angry that you wouldn't mm me during the tourney. I guess I'll have to beat you some other time... congrats on 2nd

Domo - Make sure you have more money on you next time we mm, I want more cash :p... nice job beating lain and taking 3rd

AlphaZealot - Good chillin with ya. Your diddy's too good.

Needle of Juntah - Get duh Papuh!

Kirk - **** good job placing 7th with Ike... Hope to see you in Chicago next week.

Lain - 9th, wow, you suck... and wtf DDD against Domo?

SamuraiPanda - I'm so glad Rofa got the doubles **** on video :p

Blood Hawk - See Panda's and good seeing ya again

Legan - OMG Link wtf?!?!? good seeing ya again... Next time you're in MI, you need to get your *** over to Ann Arbor.

MachineGunNorm - Good friendlies. Hope to see ya in Chicago

Omniswell - At least you did well in doubles :)

Bowyer - You suck at life and should quit the game

Themann - My wolf is better than your.... Ganon!!! muahahaha

Vayseth - That was easy

Epic - Fun teaming with ya :) too bad we didn't place very well.

Rofa - Good hangin with ya. Sorry about your bad luck this weekend.

Anyone I missed: Sorry I missed ya but it was nice meeting ya.

Top Bottom