• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit Championship Results 1/17/09

Legan

Smash Lord
Wish I had the videos to prove you wrong but you're really not remembering this correctly. If I had left the stage you would have remembered edge grabbing with the WoI, not glide attacks, because that's just how it's done.

I heard some johns and responded to them. I wouldn't have let you say it even if you had specifically named somebody else besides me (as if there are any other Pit's in the MW besides me and KY).

I'm 23. How old are you? -.-

I'm not the one arbitrarily throwing around what qualifies as "skill" and what doesn't.
1. Im not going to keep arguing about this with you because there is no proof of anything and its getting boring.

2.Im 19 and I play this game competitively while at the same time remembering it's just a game. If I lose a match, I never feel the urge to throw a controller or even cry which seems to be the case alot with you. Even when we played at the last tournament you just kept grunting and pouting like my little brother which was completely taking away from the fun.

3. No you didnt hear johns, You read a shoutout and in your own insecurity felt the need to call me out on something that had nothing to do with you.

4. I have my own definition of what skill is and I can have that. You're a big boy X, people talk **** about me all the time but i dont let it phase me. You should definitely man up and stop getting so offended over small ****.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Heh, Midwest suddenly got that much more interesting.

I love this, I haven't tasted such dissent in a long time.

BIG C

Smash Master
well put some money on the line and u can get wrecked too big c.

and i aint talkn $1 im talkn $10 and up. im willin to put my money where my mouth is are u?
rofl, no 1. because i'm pretty bad at brawl and don't think i'm good at all.

and 2. because I think brawl blows dogs for quarters as a competitive game.

I mean I'd hit up some melee possibly. or maybe some 64 but definitely not brawl. I mean I never MM anyway because I've never felt I was good enough to MM people.

I never said you were bad anyway, I'm just saying alot of people talk **** it's something you should get used to if you plan on traveling to tournaments. and if you don't want ppl to ****talk you while playing don't sandbag and keep em focused on the match. or wear headphones or earmuffs or something.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
well ky bowyer or however u spell it johns a lot and i dnt have time or respect to spent on those ppl and if he was so good he would have taken that triple or nuthn. really bowyer if u feeling it like that i will 50 dollar mm u anytime i see u. and i want it recorded and put on youtube. i was tryin to be nice b4 but when scrubs cant seem to notice when ppl are playin with them and go talkn stuff about it then that ticks me off. and to be blunt tournament placing says it all. that doesnt apply to ALL placings but with bowyer i think its about right.
lol, wow, I didn't say anything bad about you but whatever... after Legan made a comment to me, I just responded by saying that I was best MK there... which was a pretty common consensus with most of the good people there even after the tourney was over... there's a reason I'm ranked as 3rd on the MI PRings... though Joel may rise above me because of this tourney :( lol... it's too bad I lost early so I couldn't have proven myself to anyone I haven't played with before...

And what johns are you talking about? Last time I heard, saying "Legan beat me straight up, I didn't know the matchup and I couldn't figure it out in time, so I deserved to lose" wasn't "johning alot" or were you considering what I said after our mm as johning alot? If I remember correctly, I felt bad for wrecking you so **** bad with have a few suicides and playing somewhat bad during some of it... And the only reason we didn't do the triple or nothing was because you had to play in the tourney, you were busy right after the tourney talking to people and then I kind of got a little... messed up... ... ... anyways...

You want the honest truth? Your on stage game was pretty much lacking. You don't understand the correct way to approach MK in the ditto, you johned about not using f tilt in the game when in reality you used it all the time, most of your damage came from it, and I know how to play it right so I'm not going to let you hit me with it over and over, you used tornado poorly, you became somewhat predictable which my string of 7 grabs in a row showed pretty well, and you didn't have the best of concepts on how to get back to the stage against another MK who actually knows what he's doing.

I'll give you the fact that you know the matchups against low tier characters better than me, but in the ditto, you're seriously just like every other quote on quote good MK out there... and I'll give you hint, they aren't actually good at the ditto.

It wasn't because of luck that I 2 stocked you at low percent in game 2 and beat you in game three with mid percent last stock after suiciding under 20% in a previous stock... and from what it looked like, you were playing better against me than you were against OS in the finals... And it's understandable that you would be embarrassed about losing a MK ditto mm to someone who placed 33rd right after you placed 3rd, but common, saying that I johned a lot after I destroyed you in a mm isn't the best way to go about it... and last time I checked, saying stuff like "I only lost because I wasn't trying and if you were good then you would've mm'ed me again" isn't a valid argument...

Again, while you may be able to beat most good MK's in the ditto, but that doesn't mean you're good at the matchup, it just means that you just know it a little bit better than most other people.

So yeah, next time I see you, I'll mm you, but seriously, I hope you get better so it's not so **** boring when I **** you.

edit:
tl;dr: snadbagging is way more homo than talkin **** to a sandbagger. also i got bowyer's back biiiitches.
lol, awesome.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Hey guess what? I beat you all ^____________________^ (cept Anther cuz he's sexy and I don't mind losing to him)

I have my own definition of what skill is and I can have that.
Thought I'd go ahead and point this out.

You can't, really.

Winning a game isn't the epitome of skill. Winning a tournament isn't the epitome of skill.

Winning convincingly, repeatedly, and with great effort is the epitome of skill. WHAT you do is irrelevant; it is the outcome that matters. Arguing over camping and things of the like just shows you have a lot of work to do before you have a competitive mindset.... and a competitive mindset is a big deal in tournaments.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Hey guess what? I beat you all ^____________________^ (cept Anther cuz he's sexy and I don't mind losing to him)
oh :( how'd you beat me with playing against me :( I'm sad now... and if you're talking about placings then, lol, yeah, you and a large portion of who was at the tourney :)

AfroQT

Smash Master
MK losing to Pikachu?
MADNESS
MADNESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Alpha you've been using Diddy since release right?
REP DAT MONKEY

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol wtf afro shows up right after i mention him in another thread

but guys quit the arguing, we all know dingdong's best mk in midwest =/

*yessss more drama*

Legan

Smash Lord

Thought I'd go ahead and point this out.

You can't, really.

Winning a game isn't the epitome of skill. Winning a tournament isn't the epitome of skill.

Winning convincingly, repeatedly, and with great effort is the epitome of skill. WHAT you do is irrelevant; it is the outcome that matters. Arguing over camping and things of the like just shows you have a lot of work to do before you have a competitive mindset.... and a competitive mindset is a big deal in tournaments.
Im pretty sure you and other people have seen how I conduct myself in a tournament setting. I have a competitive mindset and the edge to do well, all I need is the experience.

In the end it really doesnt matter though, I doesnt matter what anyone thinks of me or what I lack. Im gunna keep doing what I do and having a good time while doing it so Booya.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Lol this thread is hilarious. Seriously Domo, quit sandbaggin. Since we're newer to the competitive scene, older players are automatically correct. Even if we can wreck their **** all day, everyday, no problem. Same for you Legan. Don't even trip with em man.

If you really wanna see how Kansas does, hit up NO KOAST in Wichita, KS on Feb. 24. Here's the thread.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209701&highlight=KOAST+tournament
For all you guys, like Bowyer for example, who think they're hot ****, show up for this tournament. We'd be happy to take your money and give you a dose of reality.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
For all you guys, like Bowyer for example, who think they're hot ****, show up for this tournament. We'd be happy to take your money and give you a dose of reality.
LMFAO, let me get this straight... I wrecked Domo and am a better MK so I should go to KS to prove something that's already proven... so you're challenging me... but telling me to drive to you... 14.5 hours away... because you say you're better... umm... ... ... that really doesn't make much sense... usually when you challenge someone you go to them...

Doctor X

Smash Lord
Hey, sorry Legan. I'm realizing I care way too much about this. I really needed something better to do with my time on my day off. -,-

We'll see what we can do about that money match next time. I'd rather there not be any hard feelings, though, if that's possible. Just know that you're not going to win by convincing me not to take any advantages you give me.

You're still the best Link I've seen either way. Good ****.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I'm going to interject here and say I'm gonna have to back up the MI and normal Midwest guys. I haven't heard anything about Kansas. As far as I know, you're all pretty bad. :)

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hahaha....Ithrowthings...that post was hilarious....hahaha....
I can vouch for the Kansas Guy Domo since I've seen him Play....He is really good with a lot of game knowledge that should be takin seriously.
Legan is an absolute beast with Link...and also a real cool guy
Dr. X is really good with Pit and plays the way that suits him best...
Overswarm is a ****ing animal/beast/monster/goblin/cookie monster/Bed bug/Super Saiyan Broly/George Bush in Brawl...he's someone i love to watch playing and has a lot of great advice...and he's so Dang technical that it's mind boggling....
Anther is an absolute amazing player so there' s no reason to be shocked when you hear about a Pikachu beating a Metaknight...
And me I'm Y.b.M. the best Kirby in the Midwest(haven't been proved wrong to date)...I'm a great person and many people say I look like Will Smith...
But anyway you all continue the bickering it's making me smile and giggle.....RaRaRaRa

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Heck yea, finally some drama/rivalriesssssss...

Step your games up!
lol

but yeah placing that high in this tournament, i'll believe you that you're better then ook. :x
O_O

I should have stayed and watched.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4E9aYkZ9M 4:11

BWAHAHAH! :p

Shoutouts: Fino, your Olimar is too good. T_T
Now I know how to fight him better though, and I know to ban Corneria, so watch out next time.

Yeah you did. :[

but guys quit the arguing, we all know dingdong's best mk in midwest =/

*yessss more drama*
:|

:|

*lost to him in round one in Michigan*
*shouldn't have*

Note to self: if you jablock someone against a wall and they don't like it, keep doing it anyway. Don't just stop after a little while because you're nice.

T_T

shoutout again: @ everyone who came: Sorry I left so early. I think I already apologized, but I really regret it XD I should have at least stayed and watched matches. I really really really should have gotten a bunch of friendlies and moneymatches in when I had the chance, who knows the next time I'll be able to play someone offline again.

If anyone's around Fort Wayne, IN, ever, give me a PM or something.

Kel

Smash Master
Wow. I'm glad people are fired up because it gives them more reasons to keep playing and traveling for tournaments.

KS IS good.

Clel

Smash Journeyman
LMFAO, let me get this straight... I wrecked Domo and am a better MK so I should go to KS to prove something that's already proven... so you're challenging me... but telling me to drive to you... 14.5 hours away... because you say you're better... umm... ... ... that really doesn't make much sense... usually when you challenge someone you go to them...
Uh ohs drama!!! Time to debate for a brain-teaser... lets see what I can cook up here...

Just because you beat someone doesn't mean you're better, there's many many different things that fall into place when it comes to deciding the better player (or better MK). For example Overswarm beat Domo in a money match aswell, but would've lost the tourney match had Domo not SD'd on Delfino - who would you say the better MK is? What would you use to determine such?

You fought Domo in a money match, not tourney match... in MK dittos I've beat Domo outside of tourney matches aswell and then got wrecked when we met in the brackets. So if I never fought him in the brackets do I have the right to run around and say "OH DOMO GOT PWNED I'M A BETTER MK!!!"? If I ran MK only in MWC I'd probably place 49th-33rd so I think not.

I could go on but now that my brain's finally workin I'ma do something constructive for fun :)

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Uh ohs drama!!! Time to debate for a brain-teaser... lets see what I can cook up here...

Just because you beat someone doesn't mean you're better, there's many many different things that fall into place when it comes to deciding the better player (or better MK). For example Overswarm beat Domo in a money match aswell, but would've lost the tourney match had Domo not SD'd on Delfino - who would you say the better MK is? What would you use to determine such?

You fought Domo in a money match, not tourney match... in MK dittos I've beat Domo outside of tourney matches aswell and then got wrecked when we met in the brackets. So if I never fought him in the brackets do I have the right to run around and say "OH DOMO GOT PWNED I'M A BETTER MK!!!"? If I ran MK only in MWC I'd probably place 49th-33rd so I think not.

I could go on but now that my brain's finally workin I'ma do something constructive for fun :)
and if you need anything else to make your brain "more constructive" I've got some more for 20 bucks.

Legan

Smash Lord
Hey, sorry Legan. I'm realizing I care way too much about this. I really needed something better to do with my time on my day off. -,-

We'll see what we can do about that money match next time. I'd rather there not be any hard feelings, though, if that's possible. Just know that you're not going to win by convincing me not to take any advantages you give me.

You're still the best Link I've seen either way. Good ****.
Thanks man, theres no need for midwest players to beef amongst each other but a little **** talk is good every now & then. You know **** well you got a awesome pit, I was just bein an *** :p. Lookin forward to that money match, I guess well see If I can finally adapt to your playstyle.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you all suck and are horrible people in generally and would lose to every money match ever

>_>

<_<

It just... it just feels forced. :(

I want more drama.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
you all suck and are horrible people in generally and would lose to every money match ever

>_>

<_<

I want more drama.
I money matched your mom. and she came back for seconds. She said it felt forced too.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

>_>

<_<

I want more drama.
YEAH? WELL YOU CAN'T SPELL AND YOUR GRAMMAR IS PATHETIC!

ZOMFG DRAMA, MONEY MATCH ME YOU MK ABUSING N00BZ0R!!111ELEVENTYONE

is that better?

edit: ****, Ithrowthings did a better job...so simple, why didn't I think of that?

QUIVO

Smash Master
Legan's link is win

Which is why we need to team.

Best Link and best Toon Link in the midwest. Epic.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Legan's link is win

If you're the best Toon Link in the midwest, then I'm the best Purple Toon Link in the midwest.

Unless you play purple.

Then I'm pretty screwed.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
Bowyer wat is the next tournament u goin to? and if u so good why didnt u run the triple or nuthn back in the mm? as i remember u was already knocked out and i still had matches so wat did u hafta do that was sooo important? i guess u dedicated to being a good spectator lol and didnt all of ks place higher than u bowyer? oooo i forgot u are too pro haha when u come back to reality and wanna get thrashed get at me. and u should know when u push the jump button your character jumps when u push the attack button your character attacks so dont go "omg what am i doing" when u push jump and they jump and u push attack and they attack haha u scrub.

and bowyer if i aint good at the ditto ask dojo, infinity, or affinity if i am or not when i aint playin wit u... u a "good" mk so im sure u know who they are. ask about me kid.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
Legan's link is win

lol, i'm sorry but amari > you. i haven't even heard of you before. amari just needs to finish a tournament for once, he is always leaving before they actually finish.

also Dr. x, Spoon picked pit back up so there is another pit in the midwest again.. though i have no idea how good his pit is.. last time i played his pit i'm pretty sure i destroyed it.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
lol, i'm sorry but amari > you. i haven't even heard of you before. amari just needs to finish a tournament for once, he is always leaving before they actually finish.

also Dr. x, Spoon picked pit back up so there is another pit in the midwest again.. though i have no idea how good his pit is.. last time i played his pit i'm pretty sure i destroyed it.
Quivo reeks of epic toon link.

Top Bottom