• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University! Smash 64 Discussion

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I would talk some smack, but I really can't back it up. Battlecow are you actually confirmed for this yet?

SWEET. I plan on coming to this with the bama crew. Boom and Sheer and all you other online punks should come. It'd be cool to play y'all on console and actually MEET you after 6 or so years.

:phone:

Who is actually in this group? It'd be great if I could update the list of confirmed players. I'm really glad this has randomly picked up hype again. :)

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I am going to try my hardest to make it.
I can bring a n64 and controllers if needed as well.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah I'm probably gonna flake just warning you. I usually flake.

That said, things look good I SHOULD be able to come.

Winnar

Smash Lord
PS just making sure everyone knows, but this is being held on October 1 and 2 instead of the original date of August 20-21

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Yeah I'm probably gonna flake just warning you. I usually flake.

That said, things look good I SHOULD be able to come.

Man! Don't be a flake! The only flakes I like are Frosted Flakes, and I don't think you qualify as one (Unless you stay crispy in milk). But man, I'd love to have you there! It's gonna be a blast. Unfortunately I'm not a competitive player, and was never able to get an n64 emulator to run on my windows 7 cpu for long. I want to play the great n64 players (and get destroyed)! So try not to be a flake. Be a cinnamon crunch instead! :awesome:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Heh. I'll certainly try. If I can come, Fynal and maybe Miyagi should be able to come as well.

Looking forward to it!

NTA

Smash Lord
I"m planning on coming and hopefully bringing a few friends. Hoping I can attend a few local tournies before this one though....

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah I get the impression that there's a lot of small local 64 tournaments, and most of them aren't posted in this section. Noobs.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's not like anyone from out of town would come to a small tourney :/
But people in town may not be aware of such tournaments. I remember going WUT when I realized that Chu Dat hosted Smash 64 at his bi-weeklies (not that I would go anyways TROLOLOLOLOL)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Eh. Being on smashboards but not in touch with the local scene? Unlikely.

That said, peeps should prolly post here anyways.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I know tons of people who will come play for free but not a ton of local people would play if costs money. That's just it. Local people know they probably won't win and don't like to spend their money. At least around here that is how it operates.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I know tons of people who will come play for free but not a ton of local people would play if costs money. That's just it. Local people know they probably won't win and don't like to spend their money. At least around here that is how it operates.
I think that's how it works EVERYWHERE. I think it's relatively rare that you will find a player who consistently pays to play despite knowing they will lose. I'm constantly amazed at how many of us there are haha

Battlecow

Play to Win
Well, I could find a bunch of guys who've, like, played 64 before, but they're really not worth playing with unless they're putting money in a tourney pot lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Totally is. If they're incredibly cool people, fine, it's nice to meet them, but if I wanted to play scrubs I could do it online. Console's great in many ways that online isn't when your opponent is at least somewhat legit, but I get bored after like 3 minutes of playing scrubs.

That being said, it takes like a couple of weeks of competitive/online play for a scrub to become worth playing, so if they're serious they'll be worth my time in no time at all.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Don't be THAT guy, Battlecow.
D: Seriously

Are there really so many 64 players that want to pick and choose so harshly? As you said it won't take long to get them better, and you're probably their best shot at helping them get to the point that they're fun to play against :(

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I actually have a lot of fun playing people who aren't good. First off you get to show them parts of the game they've never seen, and the look on their faces is priceless. Second, if they want, you get to teach them how to play. I like teaching (I coach high school basketball in the summer), so that's always fun for me. Unfortunately, most people will only have a 15 minute attention span of learning how to zcancel before they want to do something else. I had the dedication to learn from someone else, why can't others be like me! I need a real life protoge dangit!

Battlecow

Play to Win
If they wanna learn, I'll teach them. That's a good investment, because then they'll be worth playing. Most of the time, however, they just wanna pick up the controller, fail, and then go play brawl. There are sooooooooo many of those guys that, yeah, I can afford to pick and choose "that harshly." I don't even consider them 64 players, really. I mean, nothing against them, they can play for fun as much as they want- but I'm not getting anything out of it except frustrated.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I'm interested in coming to this. I'd be more interested if I could drive down with someone. I'm coming from the University of Virginia, would anyone wanna swing by and pick me up so we can split gas? Or I might be able to pick someone up on the way.

stylisland

Smash Apprentice
I'm going with about 3 to possibly 7 people, and also bringing one maybe two setups if that helps any.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
I'm going with about 3 to possibly 7 people, and also bringing one maybe two setups if that helps any.
Possibly coming with this guy right here if I dont move to Cali before... Looks promising none the less! hope to be able to take part. I have a setup I can bring. Will confirm within 3 weeks

Battlecow

Play to Win
You don't stand a chance against boom, either

Or me or Dabomb or moogle

Just come for the fun of it

Top Bottom