• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University! Smash 64 Discussion

Battlecow

Play to Win
lol battlecow is so scared
Not sure if serious...

Wait, what did I wimp out from?

If you're talking about Sheer's, it's not wimping out if you don't accept it in the first place because you know you'd lose.

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
Son of a-

I need to stop being so flashy. A$ would have milked him for the full $500

*shame*

Decided not to MM him anyway though. He might, like, actually try to beat me up or something (loooooooool), and if I whoop his *** in self-defense, it makes the tourney and community look bad.
LMAO id MM $10k in a real life fight against you, dont try to sound tough and flatter yourself; you'd stand NO chance against me. And for all you "pacifists" this is NOT a threat, im simply stating the facts.

As far as the MM goes, i didn't say it was off, i just said i would like to reduce the bet as if i were to lose, i wouldnt take it well, but 50-100 as i said earlier would be fine.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Alright cool, I can go back to my previous image of 64 players as just being a room full of JKHDaBomb's and Moogle's :D

Not sure if serious...

Wait, what did I wimp out from?

If you're talking about Sheer's, it's not wimping out if you don't accept it in the first place because you know you'd lose.
Not to add to the fire, but isn't that the definition of wimping out?

:troll:

Olikus

Smash Champion
Actually I think its the first real fight ive seen in the 64 section since the infamous kuz vs fireblaster rage about z-canceling in the social thread.

So we're a really laidback community ;)

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
Actually I think its the first real fight ive seen in the 64 section since the infamous kuz vs fireblaster rage about z-canceling in the social thread.

So we're a really laidback community ;)
Sorry, i dont mean to be causing trouble. This kid started beef with me- check the first few pages where my VERY FIRST post was simply "is isai coming to this tournament" then he started pullin out the chirps, and here we are now.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Completely atypical. Acolyte's not even IN the 64 community, so PLEASE don't judge us by his standards.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Damn I gotta check competitive events more often. Just found this thread lol. Just read the first few, and last few pages.

Also:

No console-only player can take the mighty BATTLECOW. I honed my fangs on the iron whetstone of Kaillera. These old-school-fools can't possibly stop me.
lol this *****

I MAY go. Some other Orlando smashers have expressed interest so it's looking like a possibility. All talk right now though. And I hate long drives so an 11 hour drive would suck ***.
Yea, I talked to Jason, and he said he would drive if I go. So what's good! :awesome:

Winnar

Smash Lord
Sorry guys I have been ridiculously busy since school has started back up ._.

A brief update:

1) A few weeks ago we redid all the hotel stuff, prices have gone down and 5 people can stay in a room instead of 4. I think it ends up being that each person only has to pay like $25 to a room each night. So that's good.
2) Not that this really pertains to you guys terribly, but the Video Game Club is doing better than ever. After that fundraiser we've pretty much doubled our members and started a mock-intramural league for Brawl which has been very successful.
2a) That said, the behind the scenes of the VGC has been complete chaos. A few board members on the VGC have been causing almost constant problems to the point that basically every day for the last few weeks has been me trying to damage control and/or fix their mistakes. Next week we're having officer elections so the people who are causing unnecessary trouble for the club (read: me) will hopefully be out of the picture soon.
3) This tournament is either being pushed wayyyyy back to next semester or maybe cancelled indefinitely. I dunno. I want to host a big smash tournament because you guys are why I started getting into competitive video games and I really want to give back. The problem is that I keep having to prioritize making sure the VGC doesn't collapse on itself, which ranks just slightly above everything else the VGC does.

tl;dr - Until I can get the VGC stabilized (hopefully in a week) I'll be stuck in the pattern of trying to fix the club before properly finalizing the planning on events. Once that changes I'm going to reevaluate this event and set it up exactly how I want it.

PS Thanks DtJ Jungle, I was going to ask to get this unstickied for a while so I can figure out what is up with this event haha
In case you guys didn't see it

Battlecow

Play to Win
He already canceled it (or brought it down to $50 or w/e) so it doesn't matter.

PROTIP for future hustlas- don't link your mark to the hustling thread.

Olikus

Smash Champion
PROTIP for future hustlas- don't link your mark to the hustling thread.
That should be obvious. I mean which such expertness on the field as you have, Im dissapointed of you doing such a rookie hustlemistake.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Hey now, I just wanted to do the square thing and give him fair warning.

Also I severely overestimated his arrogance and thought we had an actual deal struck already.

Battlecow

Play to Win
The mods are a little overzealous about stuff like that. Don't worry about it, it's really no biggy.

ANYWAYS, in further news, bummer about the tourney.

Top Bottom