• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mississippi Smash University! Smash 64 Discussion

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Yes, come for the fun of it! and We definitely still have the guaranteed pot. Superboom might be coming! Happiness has now filled my soul.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
Really hoping me, stylisland, and others can still attend.. I may be flying in from Cali if I have already moved by that time..

HYPEEEE

:phone:

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
eh...this is a long ways away for me, i'd only come if Isai isn't there haha, i know i stand no chance against him
You don't stand a chance against boom, either

Or me or Dabomb or moogle

Just come for the fun of it

Yeah, not with that attitude!

but yeah, I can't wait to get graped by Boom and Isai and all the people that actually play 64 :bee:

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
Could someone please respond to this?

I would be coming a very far way to attend this tournament, and would be spending alot of money on plane tickets/hotel, etc. so i was wondering: approximately how much cash would 1st or 2nd place make? because i would need to know that it is at least POSSIBLE for me to make a profit out of this. Thanks

duncs

Smash Apprentice
Could someone please respond to this?

I would be coming a very far way to attend this tournament, and would be spending alot of money on plane tickets/hotel, etc. so i was wondering: approximately how much cash would 1st or 2nd place make? because i would need to know that it is at least POSSIBLE for me to make a profit out of this. Thanks
It really depends on the amount of people that enter, and thankfully there won't be a doubles pot split either..so the more people that come and enter, the more chance for a higher return.

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
You don't stand a chance against boom, either

Or me or Dabomb or moogle

Just come for the fun of it
Alright if you think i dont stand a chance against you how about we have ourselves a little sidebet? $500? could bring 5 100's to the event october 1st if you're confident you can beat me

Battlecow

Play to Win
l0l

I'll let boom have the first shot.

If I do show (and keep in mind that I'm still not confirmed) then yes, I will MM you for a further $500, should you bring a sufficient sum.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Hahaha $500...

This guy is pretty ballsy. Does he play online? If not I think he's in troubleeee. We all know skills acquired from fake smash > pure console skills 99% of the time.

Anyway I know Colbol and some other FL melee players want to go to this. As do I. Who knows if it actually happens but it's possible.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah, he's got balls. There are a lot of arrogant nubs out there, but at least this guy's willing to try and back it up. It's not smart, but it's not as annoying as the guys who'll talk all day and won't put up their cash.

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
Yeah, he's got balls. There are a lot of arrogant nubs out there, but at least this guy's willing to try and back it up. It's not smart, but it's not as annoying as the guys who'll talk all day and won't put up their cash.
you're equally as arrogant as i am, as you also assumed that you can beat me without having seen me play. And yeah i could easily bring 500 dollars, id be down for this sidebet

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Buddy, take one look at my avatar. This is the face of the man that has already taken out $100 in a tournament. I eagerly await the day when he holds up 5 of those bills in his hand.

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
Buddy, take one look at my avatar. This is the face of the man that has already taken out $100 in a tournament. I eagerly await the day when he holds up 5 of those bills in his hand.
lol? what makes you sure battlecow is gona win? hes not even on youtube

The Star King

Smash Hero
It probably won't happen

I really hope this does, though

And if Battlecow loses, that would be the most hilarious **** ever

Battlecow

Play to Win
you're equally as arrogant as i am, as you also assumed that you can beat me without having seen me play. And yeah i could easily bring 500 dollars, id be down for this sidebet
Hey, hey, why ya singling me out? Boomfan challenged you, or didn't you notice?

Also, I know I must sound arrogant, but it's more common-sense. I've played online with all the best people in America, and you haven't.

But yeah, I'm down for this MM right here if I end up going to MSU. I might or might not do so.

Still not as hype as the $15,000 MM me and Ciaza are gonna play.

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
Hey, hey, why ya singling me out? Boomfan challenged you, or didn't you notice?

Also, I know I must sound arrogant, but it's more common-sense. I've played online with all the best people in America, and you haven't.

But yeah, I'm down for this MM right here if I end up going to MSU. I might or might not do so.

Still not as hype as the $15,000 MM me and Ciaza are gonna play.
yeah but superboom has the right to call me out, as hes probably better than me, and has videos on youtube to show for it. You on the other hand, right off the bat said to me that i "stand no chance against you" without any provoking on my part. Just be at that tournament with 500$ in hand and we'll go at it

Battlecow

Play to Win
Don't get mad. You act as if youtube videos were the only things that mattered, when in fact there's an actual community (*gasp*) of players who know from having played me that I'm kinda decent sometimes. You really can't just barge in here and all of a sudden start winning major tourneys. You don't have a chance.

But w/e, we'll let our thumbs do the talking (If I can make it- and I hope I can).

Out of curiosity- what character(s) do you play?

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
Don't get mad. You act as if youtube videos were the only things that mattered, when in fact there's an actual community (*gasp*) of players who know from having played me that I'm kinda decent sometimes. You really can't just barge in here and all of a sudden start winning major tourneys. You don't have a chance.

But w/e, we'll let our thumbs do the talking (If I can make it- and I hope I can).

Out of curiosity- what character(s) do you play?
I'm not mad, just defending myself that's all. Yeah? well you act as though i'm no chance for you just because i don't play online or havn't been to a tournament before? i've had this game for almost 11 years, i was unaware that these tournaments even existed before like 2 months ago, and was unaware that online existed till literally 2 days ago. The only characters i would use at a tournament are Ness and Falcon, although i am generally good with every character. How about you?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I play falcon, although against a ness I *might* pick pikachu (probably not) and against another falcon I might pick DK/kirby/pika just because falcon dittos are silly.

I'll probably just falcon you though.

And hey, we got off on the wrong foot, and we're never going to like each other because in all likelihood one of us is going to lose $500 to the other, but I am sorry for being... overly abrasive? Perhaps? If you feel like you need to defend yourself, consider yourself defended. I won't insult your play again until we've met each other.

That said, take a piece of advice- don't try to MM me. Just don't. I'm very sure that you'll lose, and that's not meant as an insult.

IF you still wanna MM, then how 'bout this-

$500

5-stock

No Items

Dreamland

Best of 5.

I suggest Dreamland because I would camp like a mother****er if there were $500 on the line on any other stage. Also, I will only MM you on a "tube" or CRT TV, because LCD TV's add "delay," as I'm sure you know.

If I can get a car, I'll be at MSU with $500 in hand.

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
I play falcon, although against a ness I *might* pick pikachu (probably not) and against another falcon I might pick DK/kirby/pika just because falcon dittos are silly.

I'll probably just falcon you though.

And hey, we got off on the wrong foot, and we're never going to like each other because in all likelihood one of us is going to lose $500 to the other, but I am sorry for being... overly abrasive? Perhaps? If you feel like you need to defend yourself, consider yourself defended. I won't insult your play again until we've met each other.

That said, take a piece of advice- don't try to MM me. Just don't. I'm very sure that you'll lose, and that's not meant as an insult.

IF you still wanna MM, then how 'bout this-

$500

5-stock

No Items

Dreamland

Best of 5.

I suggest Dreamland because I would camp like a mother****er if there were $500 on the line on any other stage. Also, I will only MM you on a "tube" or CRT TV, because LCD TV's add "delay," as I'm sure you know.
Alright that's fair enough, i also apologize if i sounded offensive in any of my messages, in all honestly i was merely defending myself, i meant no offence to you. What exactly does "MM" mean? and yeah i really see no point in this sidebet, as there's no guaranteed way that either of us will recieve the $500 dollars won, as we don't know eachother in real life. Instead, i still would really like to play you in the tournament- or have a smaller, more realistic bet that we both would be gladly willing to pay, so that there would be no hard feelings post-match, such as like $20 or something.

Do you by any chance know how many people are going to be in this n64 tournament? and to be fair, since you have more experience in a tournament setting, i think its only fair that you pick your char first :p

Battlecow

Play to Win
Generally, we do double-blind for first character pick (i.e. you both write down your char or something) and then the loser gets to counterpick (i.e. winner picks first), just FYI.

IDK how many people, last one I was at had maybe 15 but this is a lot hype-er, maybe 30 or something? I don't know. There'll be a lot more there for melee.

MM stands for "Money Match" (lol).

And are you sure you don't want to do it? I'm not very good by online standards, and I'm even worse on console... We could put the $1000 on the table and have people standing around to make sure the winner got it.

acolyte10

Smash Cadet
I just looked at tickets, and wow....lol. I'm not going to come to this with those crazy prices.
How much does a ticket cost? Now im concerned lol, im from ontario, canada. Also battlecow we'll see, depending on how many people make it. If theres too few people to make a decent prize pool for the tournament i could maybe do a $500 dollar bet, but prob not 1k. But before we made our bet, i would most definitely NEED to see your 500$ cash in hand.

Sol Broku

Smash Rookie
So first time doing this but i knwthat im interested in this n64superbros battle and i know for sure that if go i will have the alot of the "J warriors" come with me and i can get the head of team "Rush Garage" in on this journey 2. Rsvp to this if u can

Mississippi Smash University
The above title is a link to the event!

SSB64 Tournament will happen!

$500 (+entry fees) Guaranteed Pot!

When: October 1, 2011 - October 2, 2011
What: Major Super Smash Brothers Tournament
Where: Mississippi State University

Venue Fee: $20 for the whole weekend
SSB64 Entry Fee: $20

Payouts:
Less than 25 competitors = 60/30/10
More than 25 competitors = 45/25/15/10/5
**Payouts are subject to change at anytime before August 1

SSB64 Rules

-5 stock (10 minute time limit on Hyrule)
-Matches will be best out of 3
-Winners' Finals, Losers' Final's, and Grand Finals are best out of 5
-Pools, then Double Elimination
-Stalling will result in a warning and then a Disqualification

Maps
First game must be on Hyrule
Counterpicks: Hyrule, Dreamland, Kongo Jungle, Peach's Castle
SSB DSR: You can't counterpick with a stage you have already won on
During Winners', Losers', or Grand Finals the DSR does not apply to the win from the first game.

Advanced Slob Picks: Loser picks stage first, then winner picks character, then loser picks character (in that order)

Any questions on housing, transportation, or etc... can be answered at MSU's thread located here.

This is going to be a SSB64 tournament of epic proportions! Be prepared for awesomeness! I'm looking to pull in 32+ for SSB64. You're not going to want to miss this event! Let me know who is interested on coming in here, and any other such thoughts!

Attendees/Interested

Confirmed
Moogle
Talon
Myztek
Armada
Chef
xx0EleMenT0xx
TheReflexWonder
Blaise
LlamaSensei (me)
DaBomb

Interest
Isai
NovaSmash
SuPeRbOoM
Xaltis
Tommy G
Battlecow

Battlecow

Play to Win
How much does a ticket cost? Now im concerned lol, im from ontario, canada. Also battlecow we'll see, depending on how many people make it. If theres too few people to make a decent prize pool for the tournament i could maybe do a $500 dollar bet, but prob not 1k. But before we made our bet, i would most definitely NEED to see your 500$ cash in hand.
The 1k was for if you bet boom as well.

I'd definitely have the cash in hand, that goes without saying. "Money on the table" is, I believe, a prerequisite for these sorts of transactions.

I just learned that I kind of don't have weekends anymore, though, so **** if I know whether I can show at this.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
From Edmonton this is costing between 700-800 for me lol. That's way too much dude. I'm sure it costs way less for toronto.

duncs

Smash Apprentice
I hope this whole thing goes through, or else me and my 9 other friends coming to enter are gonna be pretty downcast.

Olikus

Smash Champion
http://www.momondo.com/
Best site for comparing plaintickets. Easiest place to find cheap flights.
Just type in where you fly from and destination place, and dates. You then get up tons of flightcompanies/times, and you can sort them by price. Easy easy.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
If there is a $500 money match please record. Preferably with commentary.

THX.

Also MINIMUM POWER battlecow sure is confident. Sure you don't want to bring a laptop so you can play keyboard? haha

Top Bottom