• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK vs Itachi, Clash of Brokenness, Vayseth's Revenge! Brawl AND Melee! (3/28/09)

goodkid

Smash Lord
man, I want to come to this, I don't think my dad will let me though :sigh: hopefully in the summer I'll be allowed to go to one of these might as well study up on Brawl so I won't look like a fool.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I might have a sponsor for Naruto EX 3, if I get a confirmation on it, I can start awarding points for EX 3 starting with this month's tournament.

Also, I am working on the schedule, cause Melee will be run in this month's tournament as well. So the schedule in the Main Post is not the Final One, I will work on it when I figure out a time to run Melee and around what tournaments.

Also, Picture for this event will go up by tonight! ;D

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
whose running what? this needs to be updated so people can be held responsible for the task they are assigned.

i had a pretty good list on srk mike but u removed it, so just wondering where we are at with this.

this tournament is gonna be pretty awesome.

make sure april's event doesn't conflict with mine please.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Webster I have everything with me, I am updating everything right now, don't worry about it.

And April might be again end of April... so unless yours is on that weekend, then it won't conflict. =p

EDIT:

Main Post has been Updated!

Brawl Rules were Updated!

Melee was added to the Tournament Line Up!

Pay Outs for All the Tournaments has been Updated!

Any questions or concerns just post them, I will try to respond as quick as i can. ^_^

Vayseth

Smash Master
I'm running brawl everything and that's it. DK is running naruto everything. Zjiin is probably running melee. You're prolly running everything else webster XD

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Melee was added and I will give the Melee players the same option I gave the SF4 players.

The Original Tournament fee for Melee and SF 4 were $5.

SF 4 players agreed to raise it to $10 and now SF4 is a $10 tourney fee with more pay outs.

Melee players, you have the same option. You can leave it at $5 and just have the original 60%-30%-10%-$5-Free Soda Split, or can try for a bigger split with a $10 Fee. I'll give you guys until next Sunday to agree to one or the other. ^_^

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
whatever the price was last time, that'll be fine. the most important part was that we had ppl from other games doing melee as a side tourny. that was pretty key. as long as ppl bring setups, i'm down.

Scythe

Smash Master
Leave melee at $5 so more people join, besides i don't want to join 4 tournies at $10
just my opinion, can't wait.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
This is fine, I am giving the community a chance to speak out and I will listen to them. I have absolutely no problem either way. These tournaments are for the community so I let the community decide on many things of these tournaments. I enjoy reading the input everyone is posting and I appreciate it. ^_^

I will start working on the PreReg list later this week. So that will be updated soon, also remember that if you bring a Full Set Up, your Venue Fee is Waived! ^_^

EDIT:

Tourney Pic is up!

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*posts in this thread*

I'm thinking about going, I haven't been able to look into it much yet

Can you list the players by name in the OP that are coming for Brawl, or at least give me an estimate? I think Vayseth said there are usually around 60, which is awesome

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
PreReg List has been Updated!

Keep Signing up if you plan to show up!

There are going to be 2 - $25 Visa Gift Cards given away at this event, I have to decide how to give them away though. I'll think it over and post what i come up with this weekend. =p

Asdioh - As far as Brawl Attendance goes, it really is up to the players here wanting to show up. If we get a nice turn out we will get around 50 people at least, from there it goes up. So you can work with that.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Melee will remain $5 at these as it is only a side event. Increased turnouts> large payouts for something that is supposed to attract people.

As long as there are no major Melee tourneys conflicting with this date, I will be there to run it. I cannot stress enough that ALL Melee attendees should work to bring a setups to ensure a good time.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Melee dubs might not happen due to most of the crowd not wanting to enter it. Out of the 21 people we had show up the second time, only 5-6 wanted to do doubles.

Rest assured that I'll draw out singles if it's the only event so everyone feels they get enough melee. Last time everyone seemed to like it, even with ridiculously large pools.

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Zjiin - that is fine by me. It seems everyone is liking $5 i will leave it at $5. And yeah like you posted, I also did a Post in the Opening Post this time as well, Please people bring Set-Ups, you bring a Full Set Up your Venue Fee is Waived!

Melee Will have their own section, so if you guys want to Run Singles Pools I have no problem with that. I need to work out the Schedule for Melee. Zjiin, if he shows, can run Melee like last time and he can give me a better schedule for Melee than I might have.

Hunger - I'll fix your Prereg later, I have it down though.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Sounds good DK

We will likely not do melee doubles. Too much in one day.
I don't know what this means. Melee doubles and singles could have been done in the time we took to do singles last time. I just made a extended system for singles the last time since doubles wasn't going to happen and i wanted everyone to get a lot of games in.

The time it takes Brawl tourneys =/= The time it takes Melee tourneys.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Just a thought: should we have at least one Wii with the No Tripping hack so that finals can be run without tripping taking place?

Kirk

Smash Champion
Replays/Music hacks I can see as being okay for codes, but adding 'No Tripping' is changing Brawl's game mechanics, and that is a big no-no for tourney play in my opinion.

I can also understand no Wii's being able to boot through HBC. It makes 100% certain no codes will be active.

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
I agree with kirk. leave brawl the way it is (no hacks/normal tournament settings). you don't want to trip. don't move...:laugh:

DK: please take me out of street fighter 4 and add me in GGXX:AC

also I WILL BE RUNNING KOF 2002 UNLIMITED MATCH TOURNAMENT THIS TIME (it'll be a $1 side tournament)...

NO JOHNZ!!!

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm planning on entering SF4, will there be a ps3 controller available for me to use?

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
I have 2 PS3 Controllers, I can let you use one of mine, I also have a Street Fighter 4 Tournament Edition Arcade Stick if you want to use that. =p

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Sago, that sucks, hope to see you at FBT6 though. ^_^

For everyone else. I am close to finalizing a deal with a new sponsor to the series and it looks like Melee might be earning Championship Points starting with this one. So, as soon as I get a confirmation by this weekend, I will make the official announcement for it. What the Championship Points mean, is that at the Championship Finale, there will be a Bonus Pot that will be awarded to the top Over All Point Leaders, so hopefully I get the confirmation and have another Championship Pot. ^_^

Scythe

Smash Master
I have 2 PS3 Controllers, I can let you use one of mine, I also have a Street Fighter 4 Tournament Edition Arcade Stick if you want to use that. =p
Nice. The PS3 controller will be fine, i'm used to playing it on Raid's Xbox. Thanks!

Dark Kakashi

Smash Ace
Opening Post has been Updated!

Preregistration List has been Updated!

A couple Tournaments now have Sponsors and will earn Championship Points!

Check the Opening Post for all the details! ^_^

Top Bottom