• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortal Kombat 9

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I agree, but he pretty bad vs characters with a fast teleport imo

kenshi looks like keanu reeves lol =D
I disagree. I pray for people to teleport into me when I'm playing Jax, haha. It's usually a free combo. I don't know, I find that people are generally pretty predictable with teleports. The only teleports that give me some trouble are Raiden's and Kung Lao's. Then again, everything Kung Lao does gives me trouble.

kr3wman

Smash Master
you can uppercut kung lao's teleport with every character.

Jax sucks **** because he literally has nothing midscreen, doesnt have good strings to pressure people into corners and can't do anything about zoners.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
you can uppercut kung lao's teleport with every character.

Jax sucks **** because he literally has nothing midscreen, doesnt have good strings to pressure people into corners and can't do anything about zoners.
I find that Jax is all about putting your opponent on the ground (which is extremely easy), and making them guess what he's going to do next. Between his f4-1-4, elbow drop, amazing (in fact, the best) throw, and ground pound, you have to worry about a lot of things once I've knocked you down. It's pretty easy to condition someone to block on get up, and when that happens, you eat a ground pound, and then a good 33%.

Honestly, I think Jax has the easiest time (okay, not the easiest, but he does well) putting people into corners. F4-1-4, dash punch, 1-2-dash punch are all safe enough and knock you away. Not to mention he has the amazing ability to throw you to either side with either throw.

When it comes to zoners, dash blocking and EX dash punch takes care of just about everything I encounter.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I would only worry about f414, so I'd block low.

I block du4 on reaction, do a wakeup attack if you gp on reaction and I have a 50% chance to tech your throw.

all the tools you said you use to push people into the corner can be crouched and punished except for f414, but I wouldnt really let you get close enough for that if I'm not the one pressuring you.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
I would only worry about f414, so I'd block low.

I block du4 on reaction, do a wakeup attack if you gp on reaction and I have a 50% chance to tech your throw.

all the tools you said you use to push people into the corner can be crouched and punished except for f414, but I wouldnt really let you get close enough for that if I'm not the one pressuring you.
But really, I want you to start blocking low. Once you start feeling safe blocking, I start ground pounding and grabbing.

I really think it's hard to keep away from a Jax who knows what he's doing. Dashing blocking alone is enough to close the gap on any zoner, and EX dash punch goes through just about everything, goes extremely far, and puts you in a bad position.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
I disagree. I pray for people to teleport into me when I'm playing Jax, haha. It's usually a free combo. I don't know, I find that people are generally pretty predictable with teleports. The only teleports that give me some trouble are Raiden's and Kung Lao's. Then again, everything Kung Lao does gives me trouble.
ofcourse if you read the teleport its bad -.- but i mean its really hard to approach a jax from my experience because of his fast punch attack(dunno the name) and if you start shielding alot you can get ground pounded etc, thats why i think fast telport is good cuz you can you get in the jax even if he camps well

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it's a trouble matchup character-wise or just was between my friend and I, but I remember my Smoke and his Ermac both annoying the everloving crap out of each other, so...that maybe?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
Ermac is pretty overated imo, i dont know why people think hes easy
Because he is easy. That doesn't mean he's the best or anything, his combos are just easy to execute. I think Ermac isn't really that great of a character, honestly. He's too easy to punish. Maybe it's just all the Ermac's I come across, but they are always pretty predictable.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I think it's just a fighting game thing in general. People are always going to say somebody that's relatively high on the tier list is 'easy' and that they're high BECAUSE of being easy or something like that. I've seen it happen with Smash Bros Brawl, Smash Bros Melee, Blazblue, Soul Calibur, Street Fighter IV, King of Fighters, and probably a bunch more that I'm forgetting on account of only being up an hour. So yeah, it's not like it's something with just MK9, it's just that...because as people have said, some of Ermac's combos are easy to pick up that he gets designated "easymac", probably mostly by people who lose to them a lot. Then again, my friend plays Ermac and even though I've lost a bunch to him, never called him that. Probably has to do with me using Smoke though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Yeah, Ermac is really easy to input commands into. I started the game out owning with him, an I suck at FGs for the most part.

Sub-Zero is easy to input commands as well, but I like to think he requires more skill as he lacks a teleport and what not.

So... working on the 24 hr mastery thing. What are some tips to get 100 Fatalities and 150 x-rays fast?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Ermac's easy because

1. his combos are easy

2. zoning with him is easy

and 3. he's actually pretty good with these easy techs

He's really, really easy.

SZs not easy to play at all.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
I'd play CSZ if I could GET THIS ****ING GAME.

=\

Twists, you're young and black. I know you get money from shady **** (I saw you buy them Beats last week, dog). Lend me fifty bucks.

Smooth Criminal

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
imo its pretty hard to get a hit on a good player who knows how to block approach well, his stuff is pretty punishable and he has pretty bad high-low mix ups, you just shouldnt midlessly approach him cuz if you just run in his stuff then youre ****ed

but i agree his combos are relatively easy, but idk if that counts for much cuz you can just train combos with any character till you can do them perfectly, even if some take more practice then others.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Cyber is such a tough character lol. one mistake in a combo and you'll only do like 13%

Though his Jump in 1, 2, 1, ice ball, jump in 1, 2, 1, 1+2, Jump in 1, Down 4 (whiff), 1, 1, 2 or B2, 2, Slide does like 30-40%

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Twist only gets allowance on a monthly basis. If he just bought something then he's probably spent until August.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Please do.

He makes Ermac look lame as ****.

Anyways, he got everything people wanted.

The mind control move (the one when you're in the bubble), the super roundhouse, the lightning, and new water moves.

Top Bottom