• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most Recent Japanese tier list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
rain made this list at DEHF's request.

the origonal page can be found here http://smacom2.mysns.tv/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=122169&comment_count=9
however you may need an account to see it.

This was off google translator please keep in mind tranlation errors.

Iblis on aim has informed me that Thumbs is samus and I assume aikura is ice climbers.

DEHF has posted this in the backroom after I told him on aim.

* translated below
S
Meta Knight :meta:

A
Diddy Snake Pit Falco Orima(olimar) Aikura (ice climbers)

B
Fox Wario Dedede

C
Mars(marth) robot Thun(toon link) Getchi(GW) Rukario(lucario) zero-sum

D
Zelda Kirby Pikachu Peach Ike Sheik Wolf

E
Lucas Mario Bowser Donkey

F
Sonic Luigi Ness Poketore (pokemon trainer)

G
Link Yoshi Ganong

H
Thumbs Falcon purine

I was asked to write Japanese characters rank foreigners .
Once , not my opinion alone , have been designed based on opinions of others.

If you have comments or something stronger or weaker than that , please tell us more and more. S say ... I go to foreigners , and finally , I want to rank in the opinion.

end of translation
Condensed version
:metaknight:
:diddy: :snake: :pit: :falco: :olimar: :popo:
:fox: :wario: :dedede:
:marth: :rob: :toonlink: :gw: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus:
:zelda: :kirby2: :pikachu: :peach: :ike: :shiek: :wolf:
:lucas: :mario2: :bowser2: :dk2:
:sonic: :luigi2: :ness2: :pt:
:link2: :yoshi2: :ganondorf:
:samus2: :falcon: :jigglypuff:

so there you have it. the japanese tier list. DISCUSS!!!!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Stopped reading at Pit in 4th.

LMFAO.

Edit: Continued reading for Additional lolz....

FOX AT TOP OF B?
MARTH IN C TIER LOL.
PIKACHU IN D?
ZELDA IN D?!
DK IN E??!?
SONIC, LUIGI AND NESS IN F??!?

This list is ****ing HILARIOUS.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think this proves that the Japanese metagame is WAY too different to even be remotely considered when discussing our tier list, thank you very much. I'm looking at you Pit fanboys people. You know who you are.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Im a pit fanboy.
@Raziek: Thats probably what they say when they look at our tier list.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I think it's interesting to know what a Final Destination based metagame can look like.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
japan tier lists prove just how much effect tournament results/good players have on the tier list.

japan is pretty much a completely different community, so it has grown differently.
but north american and europe tier lists were still pretty heavily influenced by the american tier lists, so they're not too different.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
the only difference between high tier is that marth and pit are significantly higher or lower respectively .

I'm going to help the japanese marths as much as I can from there site though so their maths can develop.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
blacknight, would u go back and edit your post and add a "2" next to link/pikachu and samus? Also, what ruleset do the japanese use?

Also, i tried registering on the japanese swf site and it keeps asking me for my mobile email address.........what? Then it switches and asks me for my cell number so i type it in and it wont accept it. I wanna register with the site so can anybody help me?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
the only difference between high tier is that marth and pit are significantly higher or lower respectively .

I'm going to help the japanese marths as much as I can from there site though so their maths can develop.
Fox and Olimar are also above WARIO.

The latter isn't a HUGE offense, but the former is rather preposterous.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
blacknight, would u go back and edit your post and add a "2" next to link/pikachu and samus? Also, what ruleset do the japanese use?

Also, i tried registering on the japanese swf site and it keeps asking me for my mobile email address.........what? Then it switches and asks me for my cell number so i type it in and it wont accept it. I wanna register with the site so can anybody help me?
LMAO thats funny because I did it right before I saw this

they should have changed it so you could log on.......

DEHF and I both have accounts there and so does kadajj as of yesterday

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
LMAO thats funny because I did it right before I saw this

they should have changed it so you could log on.......

DEHF and I both have accounts there and so does kadajj as of yesterday
I guess ill try and re-register. THANK you for adding the 2's to the characters btw. One lst thing, what ruleset does the japanese use?

Aibou

Smash Master
At least some people understand where Jiggs and Falcon should be. LMAO @ Zelda though.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Nietono is the name of another top Japanese olimar who beat RAIN in grand finals last tournament at the end of august I saw

Aibou

Smash Master
I would love to know just what they do differently from us. All I know is that they have an extremely limited stagelist. Anyone care to elaborate for this nublet?

BSP

Smash Legend
But seriously, Pit > Falco? That's kinda hard to believe if you ask me.

Japan has 3 starters right?

What really irks me is how some people are going OMG WTF WHY IZ X KARACTUR ALLA THE WAI UP HEER AND Y KARICTUR HEAR

The two communities are oceans apart. Sure, they've come into contact many times, but they'll still develop different metagames.

Shift

Smash Journeyman
I can understand this list and their reasons behind it because, the foundation of this is based off of tournament results.

But then again, they have better players when it comes to certain characters. Japanese & Europeans do remarkable stuff with Pit that I have never seen an American Pit player do. They make that stuff look stylish and classy.

As strange as it may be, I'm alright with this tier list. When it's time for RAIN's tournament in Japan in April and we go over there, they better be prepared to back up their players and country up. If America dominates his tournament, they'll rethink their tier list.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

LMFAO.

FOX AT TOP OF B?
MARTH IN C TIER LOL.
PIKACHU IN D?
ZELDA IN D?!
DK IN E??!?

considering your all theory craft i thinks its hilarious that you can laugh at players who have put a LOT more time and thought into this than you.
Im an idiot
other than pit being really high not to surprised from anything, however pits potential in US is very well... not looked into so idk

UberMario

Smash Master
I really don't get Zelda's placement (she's better than Sheik? lolwut), or Kirby's, Pit's, and Pikachu's. If the Japanese have that many aerial players to bring Pit that high, why isn't Kirby up there too [or at least decently placed]?

Hive

Smash Lord
I guess ill try and re-register. THANK you for adding the 2's to the characters btw. One lst thing, what ruleset does the japanese use?
Yea I totally can't get past that mobile email screen too :( no fair i wish there were a way to just be able to browse through the forums without registering :p

ps I like their tier list tbh :D

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Did anyone else notice that Samus was translated to "Thumbs" in the OP or is it just me?

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599

LMFAO.

FOX AT TOP OF B?
MARTH IN C TIER LOL.
PIKACHU IN D?
ZELDA IN D?!
DK IN E??!?

DK behind bowser made me O_o

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
considering your all theory craft i thinks its hilarious that you can laugh at players who have put a LOT more time and thought into this than you.

other than pit being really high not to surprised from anything, however pits potential in US is very well... not looked into so idk
Look, some of their things I can understand based on playstyle and differences in stagelist, etc, but I just cannot for the life of me understand why they have some of the ridiculous (IMO) placements they have.

Really, the ones that surprise me the most are Luigi in F, DK in E, and Zelda and Pikachu in D.

I can't say Pit SURPRISES me, since I've heard they think he's much better than we do, but I still don't agree with it.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Well, they don't know how to play the game is all this list sums up.

Hell, didn't our best players beat their best players?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom